Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Blue Jewel (Album Edit)

Views: 2,782  ·  Replies: 7 
> Greetings!
Pirate King Gilder
  Posted: Jul 7 2013, 11:09 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,515

After having been registered for nearly two months, I think I’ve finally gotten up the courage to actually introduce myself. Anyway, I’m Gilder; rambly analyzer of video games (in particular JRPG battle mechanics), aspiring linguist, and sometimes zany eccentric.

I’ve been a huge fan of Initial D ever since a close friend of mine (Who’s also a member on here as well. If you recall the “I think Shinji is Bunta” thread that turned into the “Kenji (and, later on, Kenji and Sayuki) is the Last Boss” thread, and the friend that Seri mentioned talking to in it; yeah, that would be me) introduced me to it a few months back (Which really does show just how great it is as far as I’m concerned, since I was never all that interested in racing, or even cars in general, prior to watching and reading Initial D), and really am glad to have the chance to talk with even more fans of it now as well.

So, what else am I interested in Anime and Manga wise? Well, a lot of things these days, but I’ve been watching/reading Shounen Action/Adventure series by far the longest. I’m a huge fan of Dragon Ball (though not so much of Z), YuYuHakusho, and Toriko (which is now probably my second favorite series ever after having finally caught all the way up on it), as well as many other series in the genre, and I also follow Naruto and Bleach out of sheer morbid curiosity if for nothing else. As for what my favorite series ever is, I’ll leave that up to everyone to guess; though I did my best to make that as completely obvious as is possible. *laughs*

Look forward to talking to everyone on the forums in general in the coming months; and very much Hope I’ll be able to help make this an even more fun place to be, no matter how small and insignificant of a difference that might be.

See you guys around on the forums.
Seri
Posted: Jul 7 2013, 11:10 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Well, as the one who invited you to join this wonderful community, let me be the first to officially welcome you.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tuskano
Posted: Jul 7 2013, 12:43 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,740

Welcome to the forums!!

So you say you are a aspiring linguist... what sort of languages may I ask? I had tried with learning a second language but all that I've learned back in high school has gone out of the window aside from one or two sentences.
Pirate King Gilder
  Posted: Jul 7 2013, 02:24 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,515

Most of my language specific studies thus far have largely been confined to East Asian languages like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean; but I'm actually very interested in linguistics as a subject in general beyond that, so much so that my long term goal education wise is actually to obtain a doctorate in linguistics in fact.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 8 2013, 05:02 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Welcome!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Archbishop Banana
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 11:27 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 41,506

Welcome to the forums!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 02:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll branch out from Shounen stuff, and it's cool to have another person interested in linguistics around, especially with a focus on the east Asian areas. That you're putting effort into learning Chinese is praise-worthy as it is. Mandarin? Cantonese? Both?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 07:18 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Welcome Pirate King Gilder! Wait up... Gilder... that sounds really familiar... Woah! Don't tell me that you are also a fan of Skies of Arcadia!?! Dude that game is so awesome! We totally need to sit down one of these days to talk about how Sega has wronged us without a sequel to such an amazing game! I hope to see you around on the forums! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]