Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Voice of S30Z

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,554  ·  Replies: 18 
> Star Wars: Rogue One
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2016, 09:43 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

So the trailer for the first non-mainline Star Wars movie came out, and it looks good.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg )

Who else is excited about Rogue One besides me? biggrin.gif
APX
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 09:54 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I'm up for this duo trilogy/thing going on with the movies being released every other year.

I'd also be okay with a bounty hunter one, maybe fetts, maybe ones from the cartoon network ones (Whoever that dude is that wears the cowboy/asian cowboy hat.)
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2016, 09:58 AM

QUOTE (APX @ 3 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
I'm up for this duo trilogy/thing going on with the movies being released every other year.

I'd also be okay with a bounty hunter one, maybe fetts, maybe ones from the cartoon network ones (Whoever that dude is that wears the cowboy/asian cowboy hat.)

I'm not sure what movie they're doing next but I've heard they're doing a young Han Solo movie as well...
APX
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:06 AM

Was just an idea, next year is the main star wars film, so i'm game for this 6 year run of star wars films in november/december.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:11 AM

QUOTE (APX @ 5 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Was just an idea, next year is the main star wars film, so i'm game for this 6 year run of star wars films in november/december.

Either way, you won't see my complaining about having a Star Wars movie of any kind every year or so. biggrin.gif
APX
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:17 AM

Just wish they didn't drop that one Star Wars game a few years back, 50 something or whatever, that would have been a great SP game for the current gen consoles.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:22 AM

QUOTE (APX @ 4 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Just wish they didn't drop that one Star Wars game a few years back, 50 something or whatever, that would have been a great SP game for the current gen consoles.

Star Wars 1313? The one that was about being Boba Fett or something?
APX
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 10:40 AM

There we go, that's the title. I think it was, or it was just about a new hero taking on the empire.
JKaiba
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 12:20 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

Hearsay is that 1313 was yet another project doomed by George Lucas' insane and needless meddling. It was initially slated with original protagonists doing underworld stuff in Nar Shadda/Coruscant but then supposedly George Lucas stepped in and asked them to make it a Boba Fett game. Everything he touches turns to death in his old age.

Also LOL @ Darth Icky and Darth Insanus http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/arc...PostPageIndex=2

Back to Rogue One.

SPOILER
Tessou
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 02:21 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Doesn't feel like Star Wars. Force feeding more female protagonists that all act like Katniss. Gag me with a spoon.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 01:05 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Can you say milking da cow~ derp.gif

I'm really diggin' the Storm Trooper killer with the kung-fu grip shiz, as well as the added screen time the x-wing pilots are getting but...

Tess is nye on the mark~ doesn't feel like Star Wars one bit... feels like a Sci-fi Channel made into a movie weekend special. Plus the characters aren't appealing to me one bit.

*goes back to watching Force Awakens cause I keep putting it off*
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 05:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I love Star Wars side stories and anything that digs deeper into that universe. Almost thought this was a fanmade movie in the first 20 seconds though. It looks promising nonetheless. I just hope they try to keep this protagonists abilities more grounded.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2016, 08:23 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 6:21 PM)
Doesn't feel like Star Wars. Force feeding more female protagonists that all act like Katniss. Gag me with a spoon.

I try to look at the positive and that we're at least getting side projects like this in between the main films.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 8 2016, 08:24 AM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 08:41 AM

Group Icon

Sure, but it looks like a side project instead of what I would expect from (almost) anything with Star Wars in the title.

Remember, at one point in time, people were excited for Masters of Teras Kasi.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 35 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Sure, but it looks like a side project instead of what I would expect from (almost) anything with Star Wars in the title.

Remember, at one point in time, people were excited for Masters of Teras Kasi.

Well... It can't be worse than the prequels...

I'm not exactly sure what Masters of Teras Kasi is/was... I'm guessing some sort of animated series or game?
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:21 AM

Group Icon

It was a PS1 game that was SUPER hyped and ended up being a stale fart.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 7 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
It was a PS1 game that was SUPER hyped and ended up being a stale fart.

Oh... It's that Star Wars fighting game...
xiao
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 06:32 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 9 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Well... It can't be worse than the prequels...

Bozzykin you're breaking my heart!! crying2.gif

While I do concede that the prequels felt like Star Wars for kids, I like them just at much as the 1st three films. For me it's all about the characters... the story cuold be cheesetastic and the director can make every scene look like a Michael Bay Zoomshot Drunk Guy™

...but if the characters are charismatic, no not that charismatic, Jar Jar Blinkers can go die under a sushi-chef's knife~ if the characters are cool, they salvage the story and any other shortcomings for me.

I like Hayden Pateniery Christenson and I adore Liam Neeson... I don't know maybe it's nostalgia but, Mace Windu's skyfall is nothing short of hilariously goofy! awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2016, 07:42 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 9 minutes ago)
Bozzykin you're breaking my heart!! crying2.gif

While I do concede that the prequels felt like Star Wars for kids, I like them just at much as the 1st three films. For me it's all about the characters... the story cuold be cheesetastic and the director can make every scene look like a Michael Bay Zoomshot Drunk Guy™

...but if the characters are charismatic, no not that charismatic, Jar Jar Blinkers can go die under a sushi-chef's knife~ if the characters are cool, they salvage the story and any other shortcomings for me.

I like Hayden Pateniery Christenson and I adore Liam Neeson... I don't know maybe it's nostalgia but, Mace Windu's skyfall is nothing short of hilariously goofy! awesome.gif

I am sure there are people who like the prequels, but when compared to the originals they are pretty terrible and they failed to tell a reasonable and convincing story behind the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

I think Belated Media on YouTube did a fantastic video regarding how they could've done the fall of Anakin much better even in the context of the movies they made.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKqH6vlGHU&annotation_id=annotation_4120436597&feature=iv&src_vid=C1PfbMb0InA )