Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Dark Side Style

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,930  ·  Replies: 101 
> EUROLOVERS YT Channel has been terminated, R.I.P. EUROLVERS 2010-2016
M2-EB
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 09:33 AM

bazooka pistolero

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,714

facepalm.gif

Easier said than done.
It's pretty damn obvious that many people tried to contact Avex before (myself included) just to be completely ignored. With what have happened, some are trying again. I don't think it will take anywhere again but who knows? They managed to shut down a big channel on YouTube after many years of doing nothing, they might finally hear us.

Or not.

The fact that they showed us, in many occasion, that they're stuck in the 90s isn't our fault or problem. We're not the ones to blame if they can't handle current music industry.

This post has been edited by M2-EB on Nov 28 2016, 09:37 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 12:42 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

I don't think Avex will ever care about us. Some years ago they asked fans around the world in which countries they want SEB, but nothing happened since then.
Crockett
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 06:57 AM

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 45,405

QUOTE (M2-EB @ Nov 28 2016, 09:33 AM)
facepalm.gif

Easier said than done.
It's pretty damn obvious that many people tried to contact Avex before (myself included) just to be completely ignored.

No, no, no...

I'm saying you should, you must try again. But not that way what I see in the first reactions.

Who from this forum is ready to sign a polite letter by your real name and your country, with a sensible request that you really would like to pay on iTunes for SEB?

Roberto Gabrielli offered help if truly exists a group, which will buy SEB in digital format.

He will contact proper worker, boss and provide your request.

SEB fan page used to promotion or any e-mail to big corporation isn't at all the way to find solution.

It's the only one chance again, instead of disturbing people in Italy or in different Avex Trax departments, where nobody can't decide or even analize your request.
xiao
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 07:36 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

★ It'd be nice if Avex started a bandcamp account with the newest released albums like SEB 242 and onwards cause nobody likes mu-mo Shop not even the Jap kidz haha ~ user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Teh Asphyx
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 08:24 AM

Raising Hell

Member No.: 33,366

QUOTE (Crockett @ 1 hour, 26 minutes ago)
Roberto Gabrielli offered help if truly exists a group, which will buy SEB in digital format.

I think this is a nice offer. I guess we can talk to Roberto the Western way and he will hopefully do the business talk the Japanese way. I see more chances that way than signing a petition.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 11:54 AM

SBK on Tour

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,698

QUOTE (Zergax @ Nov 26 2016, 10:15 AM)
And everything went to s*** because someone somewhere didn't like people enjoying their stuff for free when that same person doesn't want to sell it to us...

Best saying ever regarding the situation ...

This post has been edited by Todeshornisse on Nov 30 2016, 11:55 AM
xiao
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 12:07 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Zergax @ Nov 26 2016, 03:15 AM)
And everything went to s*** because someone somewhere didn't like people enjoying their stuff for free when that same person doesn't want to sell it to us...

lol it's not that bad ~ I would personally scrub all the studios's bathrooms with my toothbrush if they'd let me be their Sound Recording Assistant for a couple of years ~ especially Bratt & Marin's places ~ wub.gif ♪ ♫
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 30 2016, 01:21 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 36,266

QUOTE (Crockett @ 6 hours, 24 minutes ago)
No, no, no...

I'm saying you should, you must try again. But not that way what I see in the first reactions.

Who from this forum is ready to sign a polite letter by your real name and your country, with a sensible request that you really would like to pay on iTunes for SEB?

SEB fan page used to promotion or any e-mail to big corporation isn't at all the way to find solution.

It's the only one chance again, instead of disturbing people in Italy or in different Avex Trax departments, where nobody can't decide or even analize your request.

Okay, I'm willing to hear what Roberto has to say. I'm also willing to send him a personal letter explaining why we foreign fans are acting like this. Do you know how I can get in touch with him?

However, let's say he's willing to speak for us and goes to Avex Trax. If nothing happens afterwards and we are still being ignored, followed by more channels being deleted and more videos being blocked, we're not going to be quiet about it because we are sick and tired of being treated like we don't exist.

Honestly, I'm very grateful that Roberto is willing to help us out, but he needs to be aware of why we foreign fans are really angry right now due to these recent events and that he needs to bring it to the attention to Avex Trax.

SEB Official on Facebook asked us nearly four years if we would like Eurobeat to sold more in foreign countries and we told them, "Yes, please do!" It's nearly 2017 now and it still hasn't happened. So he needs to know just why we've been so frustrated over the last few years.
xiao
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 01:44 PM

moon bunny

From a business standpoint re-printing all their catalogue of discs would be a financial loss ~ even by a big record company like Avex's standards. They don't re-print them even within Japan. Mr. Fujimura (see pic below) knows that the whole world wants SEB on bandcamp. But according to Avex ~ that would be an equal potential of finances loss just like having someone named "Eurolovers" upload all their songs w/o permission to YouTube.

I've been trying to incite both foreign & Japanese fans into the idea of a Bandcamp account ~ but it all falls on deaf ears. Again, Eurolovers wasn't taken down by Avex but by the studios ... Avex doesn't care about YouTube as much as the people that are actually making those songs. Your real beef is with the producers that chose to "takedown" those song. You keep risking a channel deletion or further legal action if you chose to upload something that someone else made.

I love YouTube but those are the cold facts:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
iheartmiho
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 03:18 PM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
Okay, I'm willing to hear what Roberto has to say. I'm also willing to send him a personal letter explaining why we foreign fans are acting like this. Do you know how I can get in touch with him?

However, let's say he's willing to speak for us and goes to Avex Trax. If nothing happens afterwards and we are still being ignored, followed by more channels being deleted and more videos being blocked, we're not going to be quiet about it because we are sick and tired of being treated like we don't exist.

Honestly, I'm very grateful that Roberto is willing to help us out, but he needs to be aware of why we foreign fans are really angry right now due to these recent events and that he needs to bring it to the attention to Avex Trax.

SEB Official on Facebook asked us nearly four years if we would like Eurobeat to sold more in foreign countries and we told them, "Yes, please do!" It's nearly 2017 now and it still hasn't happened. So he needs to know just why we've been so frustrated over the last few years.

The problem here is undue anger. I am very sad about the YT channel going down, but if they [whoever they are] had the legal course to do it, they did. Avex really doesn't owe anyone anything, in the whole scheme of things. By you saying, "we're not going to be quiet" and "sick and tired of not being treated like we exist" is emoting that Avex owes us something.

Imagine if you worked in retail and someone came into your shop, screaming and yelling at you for bad reasons, would you want and try to do business with them? No. However, if the customer is upset, but has logical reasons and maintains their composure, you'd want to work with them. SAME THING HERE.

I hate the fact that we can't get SEB digitally here in the USA, but writing an angry letter does nothing.

If I could write to Roberto, I'd say, "Hey. There's this huge, untapped market outside of Japan really wanting to buy SEB, digitally. I know there may be legal issues (licensing, etc.), but we are very willing to pay what Avex is going to make available to us. Please please consider this as it could make SEB more profitable".

Again, I agree with you to a point, but the way you write your posts seems like a bit of an overkill, emotionally. Find logical reasons and let Avex knows why it'd be in their best interest to make releases available internationally. Anger towards the creator does nothing and sets you back even further.
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 03:30 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (iheartmiho @ 7 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
By you saying, "we're not going to be quiet" and "sick and tired of not being treated like we exist" is emoting that Avex owes us something.

Not really. It's simply the market giving the maker a wakeup call.

QUOTE (iheartmiho @ 7 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Imagine if you worked in retail and someone came into your shop, screaming and yelling at you for bad reasons, would you want and try to do business with them?

They aren't bad reasons though. Sure yelling at them probably won't be productive, but speaking politely (on their own terms no less, in the form of their own polls) hasn't gotten their attention. There's literally no reason for Avex not to make SEB available to download worldwide through whatever platform(s) they want. I've said this a million times for years upon years - no one knows how to kill their own business like the people running SEB at Avex.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
M2-EB
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 04:02 PM

bazooka pistolero

QUOTE (xiao @ 2 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Again, Eurolovers wasn't taken down by Avex but by the studios ... Avex doesn't care about YouTube as much as the people that are actually making those songs. Your real beef is with the producers that chose to "takedown" those song. You keep risking a channel deletion or further legal action if you chose to upload something that someone else made.

Ehh… sorry to break this for you but… yes, it was Avex. They're so desperate people keep on uploading eurobeat on YouTube, they're claiming literally everything without checking. The producers have little to no power in what happens since Avex is above them. About SEB, especifically, there's nothing saying that someone may not remix, edit or use parts of their works for non-profitable purposes - so true that, on my channel, Avex itself monetize some of these videos and is "okay" with that - my problem lies with their nonsensical witch hunting these last months. I'm risking my channel for appealing fake claims they're doing relentlessly. If they want me to delete these videos? Ok, say which one and I will. If their idea is to make profit regardless and not checking just blocking or muting videos unfairly? Well, I have a problem with that.
Shintaro
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 07:54 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 31,828

QUOTE (xiao @ 6 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Again, Eurolovers wasn't taken down by Avex but by the studios

Actually your wrong it was Avex. Those who actually put albums SEB albums on youtube will know Avex is the one that takes down videos. Only on one occasion did I have Delta Studios take my video down and that was not on the main series itself but for JGTC 2002.
Teh Asphyx
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 11:20 PM

Raising Hell

Member No.: 33,366

It really seems to be Avex. When I posted my Ganguro cover it was Rimonti Publishing who claimed the song. Now it's “One or more music publishing rights collecting societies”. The same goes for my Dream of You cover (only that it wasn't Rimonti, but I don't remember the company's name). So there is something new happening. Maybe they're inexperienced with the system yet? I think it would be nice if there was a contact person to talk about stuff like that to Avex.
Crockett
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 08:11 AM

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ Yesterday, 1:21 PM)
Okay, I'm willing to hear what Roberto has to say. I'm also willing to send him a personal letter explaining why we foreign fans are acting like this.

After his report and when he woke up Avex, it has happened what you're now angry on. So this help is simply limited to gain legal sale for those, who don't treat YouTube as the source.

There is nothing to add and explain him. He is aware the situation and prices for imported CDs to some countries as well.

Who read his posts on Eurobeat Prime knows already.

Anyway without these problems of international fans, which don't rather exist in Japan, he won't never accept what he calls theft and fans looking for free alternatives of CDs either digital files. He can only provide fans request about whole SEB distribution and he will try to do something under Delta to sell on his own. You surely understand that's absolutely all effort of the italian producer contracted with Avex Trax.

You haven't even one common opinion among the most disappointed fans, nobody still hasn't written any letter. I see no motivation.

If nothing happens afterwards and we are still being ignored, followed by more channels being deleted and more videos being blocked, we're not going to be quiet about it because we are sick and tired of being treated like we don't exist.

SEB Official on Facebook asked us nearly four years if we would like Eurobeat to sold more in foreign countries and we told them, "Yes, please do!"

Over 400 persons replied from the all world.

400 shared between a few, over a dozen countries, maybe a little more.

So summarizing theoretically, from just single votes to maximum several dozen from one country could be.

How many thousands subscribed Eurolovers and exactly for what? I forgot, 4000 or 40 000? No matter.

Immense superiority of people count on mysterious user on YouTube, gives them music easy for free. And I'm afraid it's the target of majority, the most painful and resulted increased activity in social media by fans after he has been blocked.

This post has been edited by Crockett on Dec 1 2016, 08:26 AM
M2-EB
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 08:24 AM

bazooka pistolero

See? This is the point: Avex preferred to shutdown some channel with over 40000 subscribers because they (seemingly) listened music "for free", than to use it in their favor. They want to keep this market small and niche, we're wasting time trying to reason here, from all places.

I won't try to talk them into make shit available overseas and beg for them to go digital. I'd rather listen on streaming tbh confused.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 08:25 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Crockett @ 14 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Over 400 persons replied from the all world.

400 shared between a few, over a dozen countries, maybe a little more.

So summarizing theoretically, from just single votes to maximum several dozen from one country could be.

How many thousands subscribed Eurolovers and exactly for what? I forgot, 4000 or 40 000? No matter.

Immense superiority of people count on mysterious user on YouTube, give them music easy for free. And I'm afriad it's the target of majority, the most painful and resulted increased activity in social media by fans after he has been blocked.

400 people claiming they'd buy SEB if it were available in their countr(ies) vs. 40,000 people subscribed to a eurobeat channel on YouTube is apples and oranges. The difference doesn't mean anything. There are thousands and thousands of eurobeat songs people like - is everyone expected to pay for every one of them? This is really just getting back into the moral argument, which we really don't need to do. The fact of the matter is Avex cannot lose by making the SEB catalog available for digital download worldwide. There is no risk in investing because it's literally a matter of a few button clicks and it's done. $0.00. Only way to go is up. Why they refuse to do this is beyond my comprehension.
xiao
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 09:43 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
Why they refuse to do this is beyond my comprehension.

Keyword potential loss.

They're afraid it's just gonna facilitate piracy ~ go fig ~

A Bandcamp account with new SEB's would be the perfect solution.

And speaking with Tadanae Fujimura is the only way to ever get closer to that dream.
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 09:59 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (xiao @ 12 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
They're afraid it's just gonna facilitate piracy ~ go fig ~

Says who? That doesn't make any sense.

QUOTE (xiao @ 12 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
A Bandcamp account with new SEB's would be the perfect solution.

Depends on what cut Bandcamp would take vs. whatever other service they could use here. Also, if they're worried about people wanting to stream it for free (say, on YouTube via someone like EUROLOVERS) they could just take control of that themselves put it all on Spotify - at least then they'll be getting some money out of it.

I would look at the massive collection of eurobeat that's been digitized and archived, from all of SEB to all of Maharajah Night, laugh at Avex and say they can just get fucked 'cause it doesn't make a difference to me, but the sad part is it isn't really Avex getting fucked, it's the Italians. Avex made all their wildest successes a reality 20-25 years ago but now it's just a big insult.
xiao
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 11:14 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 25 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
Says who? That doesn't make any sense.

Well it's easier to file-share pre-made digital files than to rip a CD ~ that's a facilitation.

No source. But it's the only logical thought process besides slapping a xenophobe-label on Avex (which they are) that makes any sense from a business standpoint.

Read all of DarkSquid's posts on this topic & you'd arrive at the same conclusion.

I exchanged a few e-mails with Fujimura back when 240 was being released ~ personally, and I think Sjoerd would agree if you talk to him on FB, speaking to Fujimura would be the only solution. Cause Dima & SCP have Bandcamps but they obviously don't make any money...

...and if you're a business & you're not making any money from something you own: you're technically losing money. Like IBM & Intel and why they can their ideas instead of selling or developing them ~ they're better off financially making new things. And I think the same applies to Avex ~ digital would mean losing money to them.

...and of course they're xenophobes. alien2.gif
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Dec 1 2016, 03:47 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Crockett @ 7 hours, 35 minutes ago)
You haven't even one common opinion among the most disappointed fans, nobody still hasn't written any letter. I see no motivation.

Okay, what's his username on Eurobeat Prime? I'll speak to him there.
Crockett
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 04:43 PM

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ 56 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Okay, what's his username on Eurobeat Prime? I'll speak to him there.

dr.gabriel

He is on Facebook of course too. I will let him know to check PM box.

If you would follow these all pages of arguing in thread about SEB 241, where I supported his point of view and tried to explain this, if you would know what he said, you really wouldn't plan to speak him again. What will change flooding regrets to one producer? Just write the official text to Avex.

He wants to help only that way as he can between fans and publisher, but if you're going to repeat what he knows or never would accept, it's waste of your time and possible next reason to scare him of international fans.
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Dec 2 2016, 06:12 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Crockett @ Yesterday, 4:43 PM)
dr.gabriel

He is on Facebook of course too. I will let him know to check PM box.

If you would follow these all pages of arguing in thread about SEB 241, where I supported his point of view and tried to explain this, if you would know what he said, you really wouldn't plan to speak him again. What will change flooding regrets to one producer? Just write the official text to Avex.

He wants to help only that way as he can between fans and publisher, but if you're going to repeat what he knows or never would accept, it's waste of your time and possible next reason to scare him of international fans.

I think it's been answered already on EBP but is he a newcomer to the Eurobeat genre?
iheartmiho
Posted: Dec 2 2016, 08:04 PM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)
I think it's been answered already on EBP but is he a newcomer to the Eurobeat genre?

He's been around for a long time!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
MAiCHAN91
Posted: Dec 5 2016, 11:55 AM

猫仙人

Member No.: 43,538

QUOTE (Teh Asphyx @ Nov 30 2016, 12:24 PM)
I think this is a nice offer. I guess we can talk to Roberto the Western way and he will hopefully do the business talk the Japanese way. I see more chances that way than signing a petition.

Q: How are we gonna do that? Some petitions don't work you know, well some petitions do work yeah.

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5