Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Initial D Sound Files Vol.2 - angel (Mako's Theme)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,625  ·  Replies: 25 
> buying 3 rx7's
Plentymoon
  Posted: Mar 23 2015, 09:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,235

well just found a great deal and hoping this guy takes me and my buddies offers for 3 rx7's wants them gone or is crushing them.

I have pictures but I will post them on my build thread later

as for the cars all of them are 84 rex 2 GS models and one gsl we are offering $1200 for them he wants them gone but they are all 12a models and haven't ran in in quite sometime 2 of them can be saved and one can be used for parts but it will take quite the work to get 2 of them even in a decent running shape and safe to drive again

wish me luck guys.
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 06:16 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Good luck!

When I was shopping around six years ago (geez, it's been a long time), the closest I could get to that were two FC's for $1400. One of those "Take two bad to make one good" deals. The cars were in worse shape than the CL ad suggested, so I didn't go for it (ignoring the fact that I wouldn't have been able to handle that much work at the time).

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Mar 24 2015, 06:17 AM
Plentymoon
  Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:28 AM

IDW Expert Member

Well two of them will run and one of them will be stripped and used as parts then V8 swapped and sold to buy more cars to flip.

Then the other two will will he for personal advertisement and enjoyment so they will be spit,shined and run till they break down.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:37 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

So you're going to strip it...then put a V8 in it...

I'm afraid I can't really see the logic there. Is the stripped-chassis-with-V8 market really hot in Idaho? blink.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 08:42 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

Sounds like a heck of a project but if you've got the room, go for it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Plentymoon
  Posted: Mar 24 2015, 09:41 AM

IDW Expert Member

Yeah you would be surprised at the V8 swaps we have around here and one in an old Japanese car would get sold fast.

But my,car is almost done and we want another project car and the other two cars will be running and driven daily so they won't be sitting around

Rudy
Posted: Apr 7 2015, 05:24 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 7 2015, 07:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

The party. You are late to it.

Rudy
Posted: Apr 8 2015, 02:19 PM

Unregistered

Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 8 2015, 03:04 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

QUOTE (Plentymoon @ Mar 24 2015, 12:41 PM)
Yeah you would be surprised at the V8 swaps we have around here and one in an old Japanese car would get sold fast.

They sell for quite a bit. There are entire forums dedicated to swapping a V8 into a RX7.

Any updates?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 8 2015, 03:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

Just to be clear here, I'm not arguing that a V8-swapped RX-7 is worthless. What I cocked an eyebrow to was that he said he was completely stripping it and then swapping a V8 in and selling it. So basically a frame with a V8.

Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 8 2015, 04:17 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

To clarify, that comment was to Plentymoon. He probably knows about it already, but I just wanted to say that there is a market and plenty of resources for V8-swapped RX7's. I wish him best of luck on his venture.

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Apr 8 2015, 04:17 PM
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 9 2015, 03:59 AM

IDW Expert Member

The only update on the Rx7s right now is we may get the cars but he is really trying to push $4000 out of use but it turns out only one car runs and not very well.

So basically we have 2 broke down rexes and one that could maybe be driven home and we told him no more then $1200 but he thinks he has a gold mine but without running motors 2 of those car are worthless and the one that runs needs to have it's fuel drained and all the fluids changed l along with plugs, wires, and coil packs to run good so we would be into that car already.

We are going again this weekend to take a look at the cars with the owner this time and just try to break the news to him because those cars are worthless unless restored or already in pristine conditions with low original miles.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 9 2015, 02:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

Yeah, a lot of people with 'interesting'-looking cars think they have golden nuggets when in fact they have crap. There was a guy near me once that had a really busted-ass DeLorean and wanted over-half-new-DeLorean-money for it. Yeah no, once you factor in repairs you might as well just buy a new one, dude.

Good luck talking the guy down.
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 9 2015, 07:02 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Agreed. I'm guilty of the it. XD

$4k is a lot. I don't think anyone would pay half that for three project cars.

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Apr 9 2015, 07:02 PM
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 17 2015, 04:21 AM

IDW Expert Member

well looks like those rx-7's are going to the crusher the guy just would not come down on his price and we told him good luck selling them for that price to someone else.

on the bright side I bought a truck from my work place and so far its probably the best truck I have ever driven. but I will save that for another thread.
Grappler
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 04:55 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,805

I never understood people who just take cars to the crusher instead of negotiating. I'd be willing to be he would have gotten more money than just scrap price.
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 17 2015, 05:36 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Grappler @ 40 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
I never understood people who just take cars to the crusher instead of negotiating. I'd be willing to be he would have gotten more money than just scrap price.

I 100% agree with you but the guy kept telling me and my buddies that oh no we can't take less then $2500 because they are worth more then that and I just kind of chuckled but its funny because after me and my buddies showed up in our mechanics uniforms he got really quiet about being ASE Certified and being a mechanic for the last 15 years.

but sadly I regret not being able to save them and getting them fixed up and engine swapping one of them and saving any parts for those just in case emergencies.

we told him to have fun trying to sell them for that price or enjoy the $100 a car he will get from the crap yards xD
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 06:56 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

That's a bummer. Lose/lose/lose result right there. sad.gif

Well, there will be others. Just keep an eye out!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 08:49 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Grappler @ 3 hours, 53 minutes ago)

California is giving me $1500 to send my Maverick to the crusher. If you match their price I'm more than willing to let it live on. Most people won't pay $1500 for a '74 Maverick sedan that's got shot weatherstripping, is starting to rust on the roof and has had a tree fall on it however.

I know Plentymoon isn't in California, but if he were then the refund for sending an old clunker to the crusher is pretty hefty.
Grappler
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 09:03 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,805

Depends on where you are I suppose, in MN at a scrapyard you might get $250 for a car possibly $350 if it runs drives and has a title. YMMV.
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 17 2015, 02:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 45 minutes ago)
California is giving me $1500 to send my Maverick to the crusher. If you match their price I'm more than willing to let it live on. Most people won't pay $1500 for a '74 Maverick sedan that's got shot weatherstripping, is starting to rust on the roof and has had a tree fall on it however.

I know Plentymoon isn't in California, but if he were then the refund for sending an old clunker to the crusher is pretty hefty.

the reason why im sure he will only get bout $100 is because I have seen a 2nd gen taken to the scrap yard and was only given about $150 but it was a a rolling chassis pretty straight had the mottor in it and parts worth more on it then scrap thats for sure

but I was told it had been scrapped by some kid and to this day I regret not buying it before it got scrapped.
Rudy
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 03:34 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 04:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Rudy @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
And that's one thing I hate about California. Not speaking about you specifically, but now EVERYONE is going to want to sell their cars, no matter how worthless they are, for at least $1,500.

In other words, me from five years ago in California would be totally screwed and walking or riding a bike 12 miles to work because now even that barely running '85 Buick Century to get me by until I have money for a half decent car now costs at LEAST a month and a half's salary. (At minimum wage)

Well, everyone except those who don't know about this program. I bought the Maverick for $800. awesome.gif
Plentymoon
  Posted: Apr 21 2015, 10:11 PM

IDW Expert Member

so it looks like we got him to come down to $1400 which is not what we want but for 3 rx7's we couldn't complain anymore.

when I get the chance I will upload some pictures of them we were happy trailering all 3 back back and taking them all off the trailer (pain in the ass).

but work won't commence on them till we can finish up the work we are finished rebuilding a transmission for a customer and put it all back in for him after that my car will get worked on and finished pulled out then one by one all 3 rx7's will be worked on.

2 Pages  1 2