Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Natsuki no Ketsui

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,362  ·  Replies: 67 
> [FANFIC] SOS-Dan versus Project.D!, Wait, can any of them drive?!
twitchykun
  Posted: May 22 2007, 07:31 AM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,454

It began like any other day, board games with Koizumi. Mikuru in her nurse outfit, and Yuki reading another book. These times I truly enjoyed, but in the back of my head I knew that lurking beneath the shadows someone would---

"EVERYONE! Some foreign team has appeared to challenge us! To think! Challenging the SOS-DAN! Well, it doesn't matter if they're racers or ricers or whatever, anyone that challenges us will be DEFEATED!"

"Haruhi, what's all this about a challenge? Let me see that paper..."

"Kyon! Isn't it normal for a recipient of a challenge to answer back!?"

"This is a challenge from Project.D to all the racers of Hyogo-ken. Haruhi, we don't even have a car! We don't even have anyone who's the legal age to drive!"

"Kyon, can you stop nitpicking for one second? I have a feeling that things will work out one way or another, don't they always?"

"That's not the point!" I began to wonder if this time, we'd really make it out alive. I mean, none of us have ever driven...

"Um....I know how to drive." Mikuru shyly raised her hand. Even though she knew that she was volunteering to be in a race against PROFESSIONAL street racers, she still raised her cute little hand.

"This seems to be an interesting turn of events. I seem to have some acquaintances that can help with the procurement of parts." Koizumi added, with that cheshire grin on his face.

"I'd like to show you my car, everyone. Please follow me." Mikuru then led us into the student parking lot. It was then I began to wonder, just who is Mikuru really? She somehow seems more prone to crying in front of a police officer writing her up for a ticket.

"Wow! This car looks fast! It's an Integra Type-R, Kouki Model!"

"Just how do you know that, Haruhi?"

"I joined the auto club a while back. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't have varied interests, Kyon."

Just maybe...our brigade stands a chance against this Project.D. Why me?

To be continued....
FinToy-83
Posted: May 22 2007, 09:51 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

OMG.. w00t2.gif this looks way too promising already! laugh2.gif
Sanae
Posted: May 22 2007, 10:51 AM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

I agree with Fin-Toy, Twitchy, this looks like the beginning of a great story!

biggrin.gif

Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: May 22 2007, 02:23 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,713

I like the dialog, very smooth. Sounds like a good start, keep it up.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 22 2007, 02:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

That's what I get for sitting on my laurels... laugh.gif

Keep it up or I might have to snatch it from under you! shifty2.gif
AzNMaVbOi
Posted: May 22 2007, 02:58 PM

I never asked for this...

Member No.: 15,854

Since you've already started using an ITR, might I suggest something?

So in my mind, I've had this crazy idea of stuffing an F20C/K20A hybrid engine (the one Spoon has in their current Civic Type R) into a DC2 Type-R. Then tune the engine (while keeping it NA) to make more than the stock 240bhp @8500 rpm...say around...280bhp @ 8500rpm, lighten up the chassis, and make it a downhiller to go against Takumi.

But like I said...it's just a suggestion.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
twitchykun
  Posted: May 22 2007, 07:52 PM

Chapter 2: SOS-dan vs. Project D. It's a what?!

"Okay, just what am I looking at here?" This isn't a car that looks like it can be driven on public roads. This wing on the rear, does it mean that the car flies? Honda? Why are these wheels big? Just what is going on? If someone knows just what the heck I'm looking at give me a call.

"It's an Integra Type-R. Built in 2005. It comes with the engine codenamed K20A. 210 Horsepower. 152 horsepower @ 7000 RPM. Equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tiires...." Yuki went on for a good four minutes after that. I kind of stopped listening after a while. How does a alien humanoid interface talk so much anyway?

Mikuru then walked into the car and popped open the hood. She's got such a cute way of walking, I couldn't help but stare. Just thinking about her driving this beast made my head spin. Haruhi pinched me after a few seconds of gawking.

"Are you done staring, Kyon?!"

"Everyone, please look at this engine."

We all gathered around this bright red engine. The words i-VTEC were stamped on the top of the engine. For some reason, I could get the feeling that someone spent a lot of time, and I mean a lot of time on this car. Why they would give it to Mikuru-chan, I have no idea.

"This engine came from the Honda Accord Euro-R. The drivetrain was extensively modified and transplanted from the Honda Legend. The turbo setup was transplanted from the Acura RDX, an American car. Everything was worked on by J's Racing, Honda, Spoon, and mTEC. It was built especially for me."

"Mikuru-chan! I'm going to cuddle you now! Wear your racing suit from now on!" Haruhi started cuddling Mikuru in the middle of the parking lot.

"Kyaaa~~~! Suzumiya-san!"

"This looks quite interesting. Kyon, what do you think of our odds now?"

"Koizumi....I still don't know what's going on. But if this means that we have some chance against these project.D guys, then we have to go with it. 'Sides, I'm liking my happy time with Haruhi, I don't want to lose that.

"Kyon! Cuddlebunny! Shhhhh!"

Meanwhile, back in the Takahashi household in Gunma...

"Looks like only one team responded to our announcement. Just who is the SOS-Dan anyway?"

"Ryosuke, we're gonna send our scouts down to Hyogo. Looks like the location is the Ura Rokko hill."

"Do it, Fumihiro. Just what is that logo anyway? It looks like a drunken tapeworm...."

To be Continued.....

Author's notes: I'm going to go more in depth of Mikuru's DC5 in the next chapter. You'll also notice that I took Haruhi's tsundere relationship to the next level with Kyon. Thanks for all the feedback, it keeps me going!

This post has been edited by twitchykun on May 22 2007, 07:53 PM
Sanae
Posted: May 22 2007, 11:20 PM

IDW Okamisan

I don't know if you do it on purpose Twitch but, along with being a very interesting story, it's also pretty funny. I also like the speed of your updates, well done! biggrin.gif
mark4000
Posted: May 23 2007, 12:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

This is probably the very first fanfic I've ever had interest on.

This is definitely gonna be made of WIN!!

Keep up the good work, twitchykun!

biggrin.gif

(now if only kyoAni and Shigeno would animate this....rolleyes.gif )
FinToy-83
Posted: May 23 2007, 08:05 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

this is bit like "ID + School Rumble".. I like it this far happy.gif
twitchykun
  Posted: May 23 2007, 08:32 PM

Chapter 3: The Excitement of Mikuru Asahina.

"Asahina-san, let me get this straight. Everything was built to YOUR specifications?"

"Yes, Kyon-kun, they were. My family has connections to various tuners in Japan...so here it is. Hehe...it's not something that I can come right out and say."

"Mikuru-chan, this is amazing! You've swapped a K24A engine, hooked it up to the drivetrain of a Honda Legend, and grafted a turbo system from the RDX?" For some reason, Haruhi's eyes gleamed as she was talking to Asahina-san. Don't tell me that she's a racer too? Man, first it was the bunny costume, now a racing suit? Actually, don't stop me, this is starting to look pretty good....

"Yes. We also had J's Racing install a complete coilover kit. The spring rate is 12 kg. in the front, while 20 kg. in the rear. We also reinforced the chassis with a roll cage, strut bars, thicker sway bars in the front and rear."

Koizumi then asked, "How exactly does Honda's SH-AWD work?"

"Well, a computer senses which tire needs the most power, and transfers power to that wheel or wheels. It helps the car power through turns a lot faster, and makes it more responsive. This iteration of SH-AWD is front-wheel based, so the car behaves like a normal integra, except at corner exits and acceleration from a dead stop."

"I see...." Obviously I was lying through my teeth. Just what the hell were they all talking about? Since when was everyone into Osaka drift and all that?

"SOS-Dan! Before the race in a few weeks, we have some time to practice! Let's go to the Ura Rokko touge!" Haruhi again had that cute smile on her face. I honestly can't help falling in love with that face...but when she smiles like that, I know i'm gonna get run ragged.

"I'd better change then. Be right back, everyone!"

Mikuru then returned wearing a race suit. Haruhi then kicked me in the shins. I keep forgetting how strong Haruhi actually is.

"Kyon, is that what you like? Hmph!"

"Haruhi....you don't have to kick me. I like the car, that's all."

"I've contacted some of my friends. They're going to be waiting for us up there. Consider them our support crew. If we're going to be practicing, we're gonna need a few things."

"That's our Koizumi-kun! Always on top! Good job, my assistant brigade chief!"

"Ura Rokko...I'm ready. There's nobody faster than me and my DC5."

"Just out of curiosity, how much horsepower is this car packing?"

Mikuru smiled at me and winked, while saying,

"Classified information."

And with that, the SOS-Dan went to the Ura Rokko touge. These adventures never stop. This time around, the fate of the world rests on the shoulders of a very cute time traveling race girl, Mikuru Asahina.

I knew I should've stayed in bed today....

To be continued.

So everyone, how do you like the story so far! Next chapter will cover Mikuru's seat time at the Ura Rokko touge in Hyogo. Stay tuned!
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: May 23 2007, 08:52 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

This is getting better and better.
mark4000
Posted: May 23 2007, 11:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

"Looks like only one team responded to our announcement. Just who is the SOS-Dan anyway?"

"Ryosuke, we're gonna send our scouts down to Hyogo. Looks like the location is the Ura Rokko hill."

"Do it, Fumihiro. Just what is that logo anyway? It looks like a drunken tapeworm...."

LOL. this is still my favorite part. laugh.gif
Meteor
Posted: May 28 2007, 07:08 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

This fic is made of win!
Posted: May 28 2007, 12:59 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

great fic, it captures the SOS crew perfectly. it seems like its a side story addded onto the anime eps by Nagaru
twitchykun
  Posted: May 28 2007, 06:57 PM

Chapter 4: The Surprise of Takumi Fujiwara.

"Ryosuke-san, where are we headed next?"

"Fujiwara, we're headed down to Hyogo-ken. Suprisingly, we only recieved one challenge. The SOS-Dan responded to us."

"Okay? SOS-Dan? Just what kind of a brigade is this?" Keisuke lit a cigarette and started smoking it.

Mr. Akagi was still rather warm. Enclosed in the warmth of the valley, cicadas made their songs heard. A slight breeze enveloped Project.D, and their meeting continued.

"Right now, Kenta and Fumihiro are down in Hyogo, scouting out the course. Ura Rokko hill."

"Hyogo-ken...I actually have family down there. Though it's on my mom's side. Ever since my mom and dad split up, I haven't seen or heard from them." Takumi then pulled out a bottle of water from his car. The heat was enough to necessitate a few gallons of water.

"All I can tell you guys about the course is that it's full of consecutive corners, similar to Usui-touge. A few straights here and there, but the main emphasis of this race will be on driving lines."

All of a sudden, Takumi's cellphone rang.

"Mika? Hey, I'm at a meeting right now. Yeah, I'll meet up with you later."

"And you wonder why you're still single, Keisuke?"

"Shut up. I've gotta focus on racing."

"Riiiiight. Racing. You've gotta have fun too. While I was still in undergrad school...I always..."

"Great job, Fujiwara, you've got him going on about his old days."

"Not my fault. You just can't talk to girls."

Takumi put the cellphone back in his pocket. He then faced the west, and gazed intently into space. It seemed almost as if he was sizing up his opposition.

"I wonder if they'll be able to measure up to us?"

Meanwhile, back in Ura Rokko....

"Mikuru-chan! Your lap times are incredible!" Like an eight-year old on christmas morning, Haruhi jumped on Mikuru and tried to unwrap her present. There are no laws on the touge, according to Haruhi.

"Hey Haruhi. You wouldn't want Mikuru to catch cold, right?"

Yuki then plugged in our laptop to the DC5's DLC port. She started viewing the vehicle's diagnostic data, seemingly for ways to increase the already potent package that was Mikuru's DC5.

"You need a grounding kit."

"Ehhh? I don't know if can install one. I'm not very good with a wrench...."

"If that's all it needs, then it's no problem. Let me get my tools." Koizumi went to his support van's toolbox, and went searching for his tools.

"Kyon....I've got a weird feeling. Almost as if someone is watching us."

"Don't worry about it. I doubt that a group of high school kids on a mountain would be enough to warrant any attention from the police."

"It's not that. Someone's sizing us up."

Haruhi then looked to the east. Gazing intently, she wanted to find out who was watching her team practice. In typical Haruhi fashion, she answered back the person who was in her mind, challenging her. I, however, couldn't see a darn thing.

"Bring it ON! We're not gonna run from you!"

Back in Akagi...

"Ah-choo!" Takumi sneezed.

"Are you okay, Fujiwara?"

"Yes Keisuke-san, i'm fine. I think it's time we headed back. I've gotta make my deliveries in a couple of hours."

"Fujiwara, I get the feeling that this next race isn't going to be like the others we've had."

"I get that feeling all the time. Try not to drink so much milk before a race."

"Idiot. Well, we're just gonna have to wait and see. My brother always seems to know what's going on anyway. Tomorrow we're heading down to Hyogo. Get some rest."

"You too."

To be continued...
mark4000
Posted: May 28 2007, 08:56 PM

IDW Goldmember

Uh...not to be rude but how come Takumi suddenly gained abit of attitude? blink.gif

ROFL at the East/West staring though! laugh.gif
twitchykun
  Posted: May 31 2007, 08:29 PM

Chapter 5: Go Mikuru Go!

"Kyon! It's all over school! You're gonna take on Project.D?" Taniguchi got into my face and started going on and on. Man, he always does this. Isn't it a little early in the morning to be this active?

Because of last night's activities, which included a umbrella girl outfit modeling session, tire selection session, and a last minute makeout session with Haruhi....I was dead tired.

"Taniguchi, you think you can calm down just a little? Say it, don't spray it."

"Kyon, Project.D is the Kanto region's all-star squad comprised of the best touge racers. It comprises of Ryosuke Takahashi as the leader, Keisuke Takahashi as the uphill driver, and newcomer Takumi Fujiwara as the downhill ace." Kunikida never ceases to amaze me. How does he know all this stuff anyway?

"What?! The Takahashi brothers?! We're gonna race them?" Even I knew who they were. These guys were famous a couple years back, tearing up local racetracks and other events. I've also heard that they're quite good looking too. Though this Takumi...i've never heard of him. Something tell me that this is getting weirder.

"Takumi?! Takumi-niichan is racing?!" Haruhi cut into the conversation. The expression on Haruhi's face was strange. Strange, now that's a word I haven't used in a while. Weird, awkward, odd, unusual, and out of place are all words i've used, but not strange. Strange, isn't it? Oh, there it goes again. Anyway...

"Takumi Fujiwara is my cousin. He's been driving cars for a real long time. No...we can't be racing against him!"

Haruhi hugged me. Now that we've started going out, she's a lot more open towards me. She then hugged me really tight and said.

"Now I'm actually worried. We're gonna have to practice a lot harder. Kyon, we're going to the mountain tonight too."

Haruhi's...cousin? Things are getting stranger as the race draws nearer. Wait, how many stranges did i string together this time anyway?

To Be Continued...
Sanae
Posted: May 31 2007, 10:32 PM

IDW Okamisan

Hey, chappies are a tad short but you update frequently so, I'm happy. Also, I can't wait for those two teams to meet and compete to see who is weirder (methinks Project D would win that particular competition)

Anyway, well done, again. happy.gif
twitchykun
  Posted: Jun 1 2007, 07:48 PM

Chapter 5b: Go Mikuru Go....to the hospital?

"Um...has anyone seen Mikuru?"

Just at that second, Tsuruya-san popped up. With the door flying open, Tsuruya-san made her presence known in a flash. Just what is up with miss fang-tooth anyway?

"Guys, I have some bad news-nyoro." Great. Just what could it be? Project.D calling in sick? Alien invasion? No, Yuki's here already. Haruhi pregnant? We haven't even done anything yet! I sure wouldn't mind though.

"Mikuru's in the hospital! She's megas sick! And injured totally!"

"Kyon, let's go to the hospital. I'm worried about Mikuru-chan."

We drove to the hospital. Suprisingly, everyone fit inside my Rav4. Haruhi rode shotgun next to me, Koizumi in the rear along with Yuki and Tsuruya-san. The road was rather boring. Driving to school makes it a lot easier than my long walking trek to school. The only catch is that I HAVE to pick up Haruhi. No penalties for me, thanks. I like my makeout time. Seriously.

"I'm worried. It's not like Mikuru to get....wait...."

Maybe she tripped and fell onto some biological waste. Hit by a bus? Tailing a old enemy? Land mine? Wait....it has to be...

"Maybe she slipped on a bar of soap in the bathroom." Koizumi seems to be the most calm out of all of us.

We all were filled with a sense of dread. If Mikuru was unable to race, who would step in for her?

To be continued.....
mark4000
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 06:27 AM

IDW Goldmember

ROFL at the Dojikko thoughts! laugh.gif
ryousuke
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 08:58 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,922

Wow great story ! It's really interesting ! Keep it up wink2.gif
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 06:14 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

pretty good. still find that kyonxharuhi couple a bit weird, but thats wat fan fics are about i guess- steering the story into different directions.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 06:57 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

^ same, still can't that KyonxHaruhi pairing out of my system pinch2.gif
But ahhaha other than that this is like teh epic y0! XD Keep it up twitch! Eagerly ooking forward to the rest of it! Love those references you sometimes drop in too man! hahaa drunken tapeworm roffles happy.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jun 2 2007, 06:58 PM
Sanae
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 05:03 AM

IDW Okamisan

Ah Twitch, like I've already told you at the chat, this fic of yours gets an entirely different meaning now I've watched the whole of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

It's even funnier than before and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for the poor Kyon... crying2.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3