Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,279  ·  Replies: 39 
> So what manga(s) are you currently reading?
BOZZ
  Posted: Jan 18 2016, 10:03 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Seeing the thread "So what anime are you currently watching?" at the top of this section of the forum got me thinking, there isn't really a what manga are you reading thread or a manga recommendation thread.

I figured I'd start such a thread and share what I'm reading and see what you guys are reading.

In my case I've been reading:

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Fuuka
Nisekoi
Maga-Tsuki
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Joshi Kausei (this one is particularly interesting since it doesn't feature any dialogue between characters whatsoever)
Waratte! Sotomura-san <-- highly recommend this one
Welcome to the El-Palacio
Rain197
Posted: Jan 19 2016, 01:08 AM

euro☆neko

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,553

Currently it's :

Assassination Classroom
Attack on Titan
Captain Harlock : Dimensions Voyage
Btooom!
Initial D
One-Punch Man

This post has been edited by Rain197 on Feb 22 2016, 12:56 PM
sushiyummy32
Posted: Jan 19 2016, 02:20 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

Dug out the ol doraemon manga.
xiao
Posted: Jan 19 2016, 06:24 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Currently reading...

Black Lagoon (Hiroe's been on hiatus for like 12 years now... orz)
One Punch Man (I love you Genos Tessou! <3)
Mega Tokyo (Catching up)

This post has been edited by xiao on Jan 19 2016, 06:24 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Feb 10 2016, 08:00 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro
Yotsuba
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

My manga reading has dwindled in recent years. Shoulder a Coffin Kuro has been easy to follow since it's only released 5 volumes in 8 years. laugh2.gif sad.gif
xiao
Posted: Feb 22 2016, 12:43 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Feb 10 2016, 09:00 AM)
Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro
Yotsuba
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

My manga reading has dwindled in recent years. Shoulder a Coffin Kuro has been easy to follow since it's only released 5 volumes in 8 years. laugh2.gif sad.gif

OMG dude, Coffin looks super cute!! Reminds me on the artist that did the Disgaea prinny'llustrations~ laugh.gif

<3
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 5 2016, 02:12 PM

Just curious, but what manga sites you guys generally use to read manga these days?
xiao
Posted: Apr 7 2016, 11:32 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Apr 5 2016, 03:12 PM)
Just curious, but what manga sites you guys generally use to read manga these days?

Nowadays I just buy or DL them in batch from nyaa.se / the TL's websites. The last one I used was mangahere after mangafox shut down~ derp.gif☆彡

The current manga I'm currently eye'ing is Densha de D on Tora, and Masamune Shirow's Pieces artbook collection. Hopefully I'll have 'em on the old shelf by the end of the year.

Manga shelf April 2016

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Manga shelf April

user posted image

Manga shelf

user posted image

Manga

user posted image

Mang...

user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 7 2016, 11:34 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 03:02 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 44,795

Himouto! Umaru-chan. XD
Pokemon Special

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 06:04 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i cant say that im currently reading any manga atm but i do collect and read a few series. ive gathered a few series that already ended and only one is still running: Attack on titan. i havent read manga online for atleast 2-3 years. i am buying the Spice and Wolf light novels, only 1 more to get so far to get the last volume.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2016, 08:33 AM

QUOTE (xiao @ 9 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Nowadays I just buy or DL them in batch from nyaa.se / the TL's websites. The last one I used was mangahere after mangafox shut down~ derp.gif☆彡

The current manga I'm currently eye'ing is Densha de D on Tora, and Masamune Shirow's Pieces artbook collection. Hopefully I'll have 'em on the old shelf by the end of the year.

I buy stuff from time to time, but most of the manga I'm into are either so far behind the current releases in Japan or not even available here. sad.gif

I wish there more legitimate services that offered digital manga in the manner Crunchyroll does. The only problem is whether companies that are licensing these manga for release in English and/or the original rights owners/creators are willing to eat into their sales of physical copies.

The only downside to Crunchyroll's offerings is that the catalogue is a little on the weak side (quick glance on their site suggests a total of 78 titles), there being no proper schedule of upcoming releases (besides a day or two before release), and sometimes their updates can be on the slow side, like weeks go by without recent chapters being published on their site.
BOZZ
  Posted: Jul 13 2016, 05:33 PM

Literally just finished reading this short, 7 volume manga called Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) over on Crunchyroll. I'll keep the synopsis brief, but it is pretty much about this boy who bullies (along with other students, including the teacher to an extent) a transfer student to his 6th grade class who turns out to be deaf. The first few chapters follow this until the girl transfers and the bullying transfer onto the bully, which totally destroys his school life.

A few chapters later fast forwards to the main character in high school where he's matured and learned sign language with the intent to track the girl down. He succeeds in tracking her down in hopes making amends for his sins, which leads to him befriending her and the manga follows their growing friendship with the main character's reconciliation with other close friends from middle school. It's a good manga, I highly recommend it, especially since it's also being adapted by Kyoto Animation into a movie that is coming out in a few months.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 20 2016, 11:26 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I got the first two copies of a Ninja Slayer manga at Barnes&Noble. I like the art, haven't had time to read it though. But looking at it, it seems very different from the anime series. Which I like. I'm excited to read it.

I also saw that they have a Nichijou manga. That's really cool, but at the same time it doesn't have the same impact as the anime series. Therefore I think its pretty pointless. If I had a bunch of money, I'd buy it though. derp.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 20 2016, 02:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 57 minutes ago)
I got the first two copies of a Ninja Slayer manga at Barnes&Noble.

DOMO, HAJIMEMASHITE.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 16 2016, 03:34 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I don't read much of manga anymore, but I found myself getting into UQ Holder since buying all the manga releases to-date over the summer. I've always been a sucker for Akamatsu since Love Hina, and I was rather excited (albeit a little late to the game) to discover this existed as more-or-less a continuation of the Negima storyline. For having a smaller cast than Negima, it ironically doesn't feel as in-depth, but that's alright since I like most of the characters anyway.
JeffreySoftbark
Posted: Sep 21 2017, 05:03 AM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

ErizerX41
Posted: Apr 10 2018, 03:18 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,110

Nobody here watches MF GHOST?

The sequel to Initial D, in full swing! happy.gif
Posted: Apr 10 2018, 07:07 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

lately im reading Akatsuki No Yona/ Yona of the Dawn.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:32 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (ErizerX41 @ 7 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Nobody here watches MF GHOST?

The sequel to Initial D, in full swing!  happy.gif

No, because it's a terrible manga. The story is going nowhere and Shigeno is spending entire chapters on inconsequential exposition (three pages of "my car is so great" does not flesh out a story). Just like the last three years of Initial D that most readers hated, where one race seriously took over a year to finish. Why can't people understand that he had one decent hit and lost his creative spark halfway through? Look at what he wrote after Initial D wrapped. Not stellar stuff. MF Ghost is no different. He's had ample time to get the plot going and he's dropped the ball once again.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
donsimon27
Posted: May 21 2018, 07:04 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,884

I'm currently reading "The Death Note'', in my opinion, it is a very, very worthy graphic novel.
Also "Soul Eater"...God, this is the only one HUGE manga, which I read after watching anime and gave preference to (suddenly!) the manga. I want to write an essay about it, maybe even for a homework assignment... hope my teacher will like it. w00t2.gif
So, I highly recommend these two mangas!

This post has been edited by donsimon27 on May 21 2018, 07:05 AM
JeffreySoftbark
Posted: May 26 2018, 07:49 PM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

QUOTE (donsimon27 @ May 21 2018, 10:04 AM)
I'm currently reading "The Death Note'', in my opinion, it is a very, very worthy graphic novel.

I gave up reading alot of titles (including this one) cause my nearest (worth it) bookstore is nearly 1 1/2 hours away ;'[
kuko
Posted: Aug 26 2018, 09:05 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,178

I personally just started watching Kill la Kill.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 17 2018, 07:16 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Read Love Plus: Rinko Days and KimiKiss: Various Heroines while I had downtime on vacation.

Help. I'm regressing back into a genre I thought I left many, many years ago.
xiao
Posted: Oct 25 2018, 03:38 PM

moon bunny

昔の好きな人レオナ姫! 😙

user posted image
Posted: Oct 30 2018, 10:40 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

its not particularly a manga but it also has that format; RE zero: starting life in a new world. in particular im reading the light novel version. i tend to go for light novels over the manga version if possible as they could put more details on written word and i have a better time reading/enjoying the series. as for RE:Zero, i finished vol 1 this very very etc early morning. i have the first 6 volumes purchased with 2-3 volumes left that are out to buy at this particular time.

2 Pages  1 2