Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dino Starr - Give Me Your Love

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

10 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 188,165  ·  Replies: 229 
> Frequently Asked Questions, Please read before posting questions.
CrypticApathy
Posted: Dec 1 2003, 12:32 PM

OH SNAP!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,065

ok thank you. Im actully geting the real dvds not some burned copy you would get off ebay right?

Alex
Posted: Dec 1 2003, 01:39 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Jackadeal.com sells the real thing. Japanese dialogue with english subtitles available, I'm pretty sure they also have chinese subtitles available. I ordered some from him on the 20th and he says they should be here soon...
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Indecisive
  Posted: Dec 1 2003, 03:18 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (eightsixdrifter9 @ Dec 1 2003, 01:37 PM)
Jackadeal.com sells the real thing. Japanese dialogue with english subtitles available, I'm pretty sure they also have chinese subtitles available. I ordered some from him on the 20th and he says they should be here soon...

did you order through perry or directly from him man?

and yes. the ones from Jackadeal.com are the real dvds. they are in japanese with chinese or chinese subtitles.

3rd stage comes with a "making of" disc too I think.
CrypticApathy
Posted: Dec 6 2003, 04:37 PM

OH SNAP!

i tried to get them from a local store so i didnt have to order over the internet and have them at the moment and they said that those are bootlegs not the orginal. Whats the diffrence if ithey are? All they said is they could tell b/c of the subtitles come in chinese instead of japanese.
Indecisive
  Posted: Dec 7 2003, 10:19 PM

the deranged one

QUOTE (CrypticApathy @ Dec 6 2003, 04:35 PM)
i tried to get them from a local store so i didnt have to order over the internet and have them at the moment and they said that those are bootlegs not the orginal. Whats the diffrence if ithey are? All they said is they could tell b/c of the subtitles come in chinese instead of japanese.

here's a question...

why would a show that's dubbed in japanese have japanese subtitles?

yea...that's what they thought. those fools at the shop are just trying to make you buy from them.
CrypticApathy
Posted: Dec 10 2003, 04:30 PM

OH SNAP!

im not trying to argue i learned to never do that with a female :-p .

why would a show that's dubbed in japanese have japanese subtitles?

same reason DVD's made in america have english subtitles. Hearing impared. But i get what your saying. I was just wondering.
Alex
Posted: Jan 3 2004, 02:06 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (Indecisive @ Dec 1 2003, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (eightsixdrifter9 @ Dec 1 2003, 01:37 PM)

did you order through perry or directly from him man?

and yes. the ones from Jackadeal.com are the real dvds. they are in japanese with chinese or chinese subtitles.

3rd stage comes with a "making of" disc too I think.

my order got phucked so I never got them...why always me? no seriously, I always do something wrong, lol.
Indecisive
  Posted: Jan 3 2004, 10:57 PM

the deranged one

wut da hell?

talk to perry...he can probably help you get this sorted out.
Kamui
Posted: Jan 3 2004, 11:16 PM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Member No.: 469

alex there not the real thing there high quility dvds from hong kong bootlegs in other world like most animes you buy on dvd with english/japanese subtitles .
yopej
Posted: Jan 8 2004, 01:29 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,129

did takumi ever bought a new car???
Indecisive
  Posted: Jan 8 2004, 01:34 AM

the deranged one

as far as we know, he doesn't buy his own car
Kev
Posted: Jan 8 2004, 08:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

he does get the new Group A AE101 Engine and with that Takumi himself considers that a new car. Technically it isnt.
LiQuiD
Posted: Apr 1 2004, 05:11 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,535

What exactly happened to Takumi's mother?
Zigen1
Posted: Apr 1 2004, 11:06 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (KrazFD @ Jan 8 2004, 08:00 AM)
he does get the new Group A AE101 Engine and with that Takumi himself considers that a new car. Technically it isnt.

Yup, i'd rather have that engine than of changing takumi's car say into a celica or a newer corolla. Its an all-motor engine with an output of 250hp. High rev unit- 11,000rpm cutoff.

Imagine it can stand up against blown (turbo-charged) motors, almost all his oponents except the Nissan Q and the Eg hatch, have blown motors.
id0ru
Posted: Apr 2 2004, 08:12 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 1,357

I'm pretty sure the ones on jackadeal are actually Hong Kong bootlegs. Even if they are good quality. The official Japanese DVDs i've seen have no english subtitles at all.

And Anime International is based in China.

I am of course human and could be wrong. But those are good quality DVDs if that is all you are after.
id0ru
Posted: Apr 2 2004, 08:15 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 1,357

Whoops Kamui didn't read your post.
JakeB1322
Posted: May 1 2004, 11:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,742

Those dvds at jackadeal are definately bootleg Hong Kong dvds. Not that there is any problem with that. It's better than watching TP's version. Uhh, and the stupid rap music, I just abhor TP now, at least they can't change the music in their manga grin2.gif . Anywho, you can get the same Hk discs from eDVDStore
I have bought from them before, and they seem reliable, I never had any problems with them. But the main difference is that they blow jackadeals prices away. I hope this helps somebody.
Evolution
Posted: May 1 2004, 12:19 PM

Moo!!

Member No.: 657

QUOTE (JakeB1322 @ May 1 2004, 03:36 PM)
Those dvds at jackadeal are definately bootleg Hong Kong dvds. Not that there is any problem with that. It's better than watching TP's version. Uhh, and the stupid rap music, I just abhor TP now, at least they can't change the music in their manga grin2.gif . Anywho, you can get the same Hk discs from eDVDStore
I have bought from them before, and they seem reliable, I never had any problems with them. But the main difference is that they blow jackadeals prices away. I hope this helps somebody.

But Jackadeal supports this site. So buy from them instead
boostdragon
Posted: May 10 2004, 02:04 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,790

QUOTE (zeo @ Oct 10 2003, 10:15 AM)
I know this is being knit picky, but I figured I'd post the info up.

The stock 4age engine was 130 HP. That's a pretty generous figure too, it's probably a bit lower on most engines.

That and I'd say Takumi's 2nd engine is probably based off an AE111 engine, not really significant since VVT is turned off. But basically it's a TRD Group A engine. Group A was a race series in Japan. All the part #s are listed in the TRD Levin/Trueno Bible.

unless it's the 4A-GZE 20-valve engine, i think it would probably put out close to 150 hp. Pro Spirit in Japan has a Trueno Levin as an R&D car, it's putting out 204 hp@8500rpm, not sure if that's at the wheels or the crank.
Indecisive
  Posted: Jun 13 2004, 03:00 PM

the deranged one

I've updated some of the 4th stage information regarding airing dates and where to get it.
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Jun 27 2004, 03:15 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Even though there is this FAQ there will still be someone ignorant enough not to check if its already been asked before. I read all of this FAQ. You wont see me asking stupid question. whistling.gif
Jin
Posted: Jul 31 2004, 05:40 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

oy SPOILER B*tchES

kyoko is part of a team..Nobuhiko's Team *no team name tho* but they are part of a bigger team called the Northwest Saitama Alliance
shes the fastest on the his team not the alliance

and yes Wataru is part of the Alliance too

This post has been edited by phome on Aug 7 2004, 01:10 AM
Kev
Posted: Aug 6 2004, 08:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

Phome, thanks for the information, but please put a spoiler warning. I really didn't want to know that information. crying2.gif
Jin
Posted: Aug 7 2004, 01:09 AM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

OH i'm sorry LOL i'll edit it right now

This post has been edited by phome on Aug 7 2004, 01:11 AM
Namuna
Posted: Aug 22 2004, 10:46 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,743

Hello all,

I recently discovered Initial D (picked up the 3 volume Book set that's on sale at RadioShack).

So far I only know the story from reading the books (Vol1, 2 and 3) and from watching the TP DVD versions disk 1 and 2.

I've gone through the FAQs and still have a few questions, please bear with me if these are already covered.

1. The books are released by TP (supposedly 100% Manga) and have 13 volumes, with a 14th coming soon. Where in the storyline, compared to the shows/DVDs, do the books coincide?

2. I've been reading a LOT about how TP isn't keeping with the original Japanese versions. Can anyone give more specifics? Is it only a matter of cutting out some scenes? Or are we talking totally different animations and such?

Thanks!

10 Pages  1 2 3 4 »