Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Speed Stars

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,765  ·  Replies: 9 
> GT Academy 2014
Vile
  Posted: May 10 2014, 12:04 AM

IDW's Furfag

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,586

So for those of you other than me and Phantom_R32, whats your guys thoughts on this? I don't know if its just me but I have a hard time improving my time on the first round with the Nissan Leaf.

Although, I'm satisfied with my results than last year since I haven't used Tidgney's in-depth guide on any of the rounds so far.
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 10 2014, 03:10 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

I need to invest in a racing wheel in the near future. The GT Academy competition always makes me feel so limited when I'm using my controller.

That Leaf is a pain in the butt though. I don't know what else I can do to improve my time either.
OkamiWind
Posted: May 10 2014, 04:24 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Goodness usually I admire these events but DEAR GOD do I HATE that Leaf. I managed to barely get a gold off of the 1st round and that was after at least 15+ attempts later...

I figured out that it is better to try and turn the car without any power behind it...but I think that's standard. Plus for controllers I think it would be a good idea to increase sensitivity, the Leaf doesn't seem to turn out unless you push it too far.
Shinra Sgt Zero
Posted: May 11 2014, 06:09 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,453

Anyone Add Me For GT6? Zero_Of_SOLDIER is my psn i want someone to race with :/ lol i drive a 1999 GC8 Impreza Type R in-game and irl
Vile
  Posted: May 11 2014, 09:38 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Yesterday, 4:10 PM)
I need to invest in a racing wheel in the near future. The GT Academy competition always makes me feel so limited when I'm using my controller.

That Leaf is a pain in the butt though. I don't know what else I can do to improve my time either.

I agree, I mean if you do make it to the finals and all. You would have to use the steering wheel that GT Academy provides. But holy shit man, you're fast with that controller though man. Its fun racing with your ghost during the second round. lol

@Okamiwind
Ughhh, I hated that thing but I know what you mean. Though honestly, I dont' really know what's right or wrong on the way to drive that leaf. I still have yet to watch Tidgney's Round 1 guide for that.

@Shinra Sgt Zero
Sure dude. My psn is GTP_KookiDowg

Feel free as well Okamiwind.

This post has been edited by Vile on May 11 2014, 09:42 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 12 2014, 03:32 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

I've yet to try the 350Z event but the Leaf was sure challenging... scratch that I hated that event.

Also PSN: MyogiW34Games

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on May 12 2014, 03:38 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 13 2014, 09:05 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Vile @ May 12 2014, 01:38 AM)
I agree, I mean if you do make it to the finals and all. You would have to use the steering wheel that GT Academy provides. But holy shit man, you're fast with that controller though man. Its fun racing with your ghost during the second round. lol

Those times that I posted are what I like to call miracle laps. lol Like the Leaf one for example. I was stuck in the 1'04'200 range for the longest time then I somehow managed to shave off .400 and now I can't even touch it.

And I added both of you guys, Shinra and Gunma.

My PSN is in the sig if anyone else wants to add me.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 13 2014, 09:15 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 22 2014, 11:26 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

So the new round started earlier this week. It's the GT-R on Bathurst.

Make sure to stay inside the white lines during the uphill section. The violations are a lot more strict than they are if you're just doing a time trial in arcade mode. The downhill section is a little more forgiving. You can cross some lines and get pretty close to the walls.

I'm down to a 2:17.888 at the moment. Got it after a couple of laps surprisingly. My only kryptonite on this course is this sweeping left hander before you get to the downhill section. It goes uphill and then downhill so you can't see the two cones at the apex.

Welp.. My brain derped. I thought I was editing my old post.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 22 2014, 11:30 AM
keg11
Posted: May 24 2014, 03:33 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

And be wary of how much kerb you take with your exits, if you stay on them until the end of the kerbs, it'll count as off course.

Phantom: Yeah, McPhillamy Park is quite tricky for any driver, especially with the 35. Take a little too much speed into the corner and you'll under straight into the sand trap.

This post has been edited by keg11 on May 24 2014, 03:35 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 24 2014, 09:40 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Yeah I know what you mean about staying on them for too long. I was getting mad because I would be having a good run, but I would get a violation for staying on for too long. I'm down to a 2:15.7xx now. Pretty happy where I'm at, so I might just settle with the time and wait for the next round to start.

I think some of the violations are a bit too strict this time around. I've seen some real races on Bathurst before and I noticed the racers crossing the lines and getting close to the walls quite a bit.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 24 2014, 09:42 PM