Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) A GOD OF DEATH - GT-R II

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

36 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 497,105  ·  Replies: 879 
> 新劇場版 NEW Initial D The Movie 2014.08.23, Trilogy Part One Legend 1 Awakening 覚醒
cbb
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:28 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,683

hia im namoke wan and i shit on everything

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by Tessou on Jul 22 2013, 01:39 PM.
  - Reasons: Posting with intent to start a fight with another member.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (cbb @ 7 minutes, 54 seconds ago)

Welcome again to the table. I was hoping that eventually you'd be able to type with proper spelling and grammar and have an adult discussion, but this apparently appears to be impossible. That's disappointing.

I believe I'm simply lowering everyone else's expectations so that they aren't disappointed when the movie comes out. If people go in with low expectations and it ends up being great, all the better! But if you think it's going to be the greatest Anime film ever made and it ends up being an extended episode of Fifth Stage... well, I think it goes without saying what happens then.

Feel free to add something of substance to the discussion, however. I'm all ears. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:37 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (cbb @ 9 minutes, 25 seconds ago)

Hi, I'm an administrator and I noticed your flamebait post.
Archbishop Banana
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 02:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 41,506

QUOTE (cbb @ 57 minutes, 2 seconds ago)

Hi, I'm Nakazato, and I think you need to spell better.
ItBMD
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 06:14 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,338

Wow, this is exciting news. I agree with what others have said. Let's hold off on the champagne until we know who is producing the "final stage/movie". I hope it's someone else. Certainly it can't get worse...(or can it?)

I did want to clarify though in regards to the manga. This is it on July 29th? So Takumi vs. Shinji is the end? Really? That really bums me out. I thought for sure Shigeno would make it come full circle and have Takumi race Keisuke again. It would be the perfect ending. Even if they ended it like they did with Takumi vs. Ryosuke 2 on Akina and left it "open ended", even that would've been ok.

Talk about bittersweet...
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 06:44 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (hackgrid @ Today, 6:37 AM)
...are there cam releases of movies in Japan too?

Generally, yes. That mostly depends on the movie's popularity, though.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 07:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 19 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Generally, yes. That mostly depends on the movie's popularity, though.

You should be honest and say it depends heavily on the movie's popularity, orders of magnitude more heavily than overseas. The last camrips I saw of a film were of Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Evangelion 3.0:Q...and the camrips hit very late into their respective theatrical releases. EVA Q for instance had a complete camrip a month or two before the bluray came out. Yikes!

So in general, assume that there will not be a camrip. Initial D is not Haruhi nor Evangelion.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 07:48 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 45 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
You should be honest and say it depends heavily on the movie's popularity, orders of magnitude more heavily than overseas. The last camrips I saw of a film were of Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and Evangelion 3.0:Q...and the camrips hit very late into their respective theatrical releases. EVA Q for instance had a complete camrip a month or two before the bluray came out. Yikes!

So in general, assume that there will not be a camrip. Initial D is not Haruhi nor Evangelion.

That's what I was suggesting by saying "mostly". To be honest, I was waiting for you or someone else to confirm the suspicion, since I'm not so knowledgeable about camrips for anime movies outside my knowing that Eva and Haruhi were leaked.
BURN_BABY_BURN
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 09:08 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,955

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 8:32 AM)
It's not clear exactly what it is from the promotion. All it says is, "The Anime Series too will represent the last battle in 'Final Stage'!" It doesn't say that Final Stage is a series. If it had, the phrasing would have been like 'TVシリーズでラストバトルを描く'. However, that's not what the image says. All it says is that the last battle, now that it's been covered in the manga, will be covered by the Anime in 'Final Stage'.

There's no additional information. Anyone saying otherwise--whether it's the first post of this thread, the official thread in Announcements or ANN--can't read Japanese.

Ahh I see, cheers for clearing that up. I just hope they don't distort the ending like Capeta and so many other anime have.

This post has been edited by BURN_BABY_BURN on Jul 22 2013, 09:14 PM
Perry
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 09:43 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Now that I have some time to calm down, I think the new movie or the Final Stage will focus on things happened right after the Takumi vs Shinji race. Remember the two-week time skip after the race in the manga? That could mean a lot of fillers, hopefully good fillers.
Jezza_HR
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 12:59 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

I'll be in Tokyo at the beginning of September next year, so provided it's showing in theaters at this time I might be able to catch it wink2.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 07:37 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Perry @ 9 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Now that I have some time to calm down, I think the new movie or the Final Stage will focus on things happened right after the Takumi vs Shinji race. Remember the two-week time skip after the race in the manga? That could mean a lot of fillers, hopefully good fillers.

Rarely there is a time where I want an anime adaptation to add more original stuff the original manga source didn't have, but in the case of Initial D, yeah I wish they would even if its unlikely.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 23 2013, 07:38 AM
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 07:59 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

I really hope it starts off right after the battle between Takumi and Shinji. I would like to see the part of the BBQ as well and see Keisuke upset about seeing the AWD happy.gif

As for the races I would just love to see Bunta race, If it doesn't happen oh well.
wilbertoJM
  Posted: Jul 23 2013, 01:18 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,077

theatrical huh ? so meaning it might come in english dub once on dvd ? and also meaning it wont come out in america for a bit of a while after its release.

Well patience is a virtue i guess.

on another note what if they have a takumi vs keisuke battle in the movie ?
that'd be pretty awesome
kkullar
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 03:55 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Member No.: 38,511

Oh man I'm so sad it's gonna be over, but so happy because I feel that It's gonna be the greatest send off. All great things have to come to an end through.
180sx
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 04:07 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,529

My thoughts:

Final stage will focus on the last race. Clear some things up. Lot's of flash backs.

New Initial D The Movie: Hint is in the name! NEW!! So I assume this is the real ending, with some new material opening it up to something else. You know, an open ending. The Tak vs KT race!

Mere wishing and hoping on my part. I'm excited none-the-less!

Jose
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 04:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (180sx @ 36 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
My thoughts:

Final stage will focus on the last race. Clear some things up. Lot's of flash backs.

New Initial D The Movie: Hint is in the name! NEW!! So I assume this is the real ending, with some new material opening it up to something else. You know, an open ending. The Tak vs KT race!

Mere wishing and hoping on my part. I'm excited none-the-less!

Jose

What does new being in the title have to do with anything? All they're doing is differentiating it from Third Stage. ermm2.gif
datbluebox
Posted: Jul 23 2013, 05:03 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,756

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Jul 21 2013, 09:52 PM)
Space Battleship Yamato the Movie 5: Final Yamato. 175 minutes. No I'm not just picking that off of wiki, I've seen every single Yamato series and film to date.

HOLEY MOLEY! That's so long for an (anime) movie!

I wish the Final Stage will include a real full-fledged, incredible footage of Taku-Shinji battle. And some missing scenes form the manga, too.

If the release is like Haruhi, we'll have to wait 10 months after the movie release. Which is quite long.
eatsuki
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 09:32 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

The more I think about this the more Final Stage MUST have a new race. If it's a theatrical release, then there must be a lot of money invested. The Takumi Shinji race + boring manga aftermath alone will not recoup that investment. People won't get in line to watch that.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 10:21 AM

Group Icon

There was one extra race added in Third Stage and it barely counted. If they follow suit in the new movie and add another race for some stupid reason, it will be just like the final race in Third Stage.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 11:11 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 1 hour, 39 minutes ago)
The more I think about this the more Final Stage MUST have a new race. If it's a theatrical release, then there must be a lot of money invested. The Takumi Shinji race + boring manga aftermath alone will not recoup that investment. People won't get in line to watch that.

Final Stage is not the name of the movie. The announcement clearly differentiates between a new movie project and whatever 'Final Stage' is.

You'd be surprised what people will line up for.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 11:31 AM

Group Icon

Final Stage: Anime series (probably 2-part OVA, don't quote me on it) to wrap up the cliffhanger at the end of Fifth Stage.

Movie: No idea what the subject material will be, considering the manga is clearly at the very end.
eatsuki
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 01:46 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Final Stage is not the name of the movie. The announcement clearly differentiates between a new movie project and whatever 'Final Stage' is.

You'd be surprised what people will line up for.

Oh, so there's a lot more Initial D ahead of us than I thought. Final Stage = covers the rest of the manga. Like Tessou said, a 2 episode OAV seems likely, or maybe just a long OAV.

If the rest of the manga material will be featured in Final Stage OAV, then the unnamed theatrical movie MUST contain new races. Whether most Initial D lovers will accept the animated movie as canon remains to be seen. I dare to hope that the movie will be good, with Shigeno's stamp of approval and will become canon smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 01:51 PM

Group Icon

It would be incredibly funny to see Final Stage actually comprise solely of all the guys on the side of the road reminiscing about Takumi and Project D, and then the race actually starting... as the credits start rolling. Cue the "See you next time" text leading into the movie, which will finally show the race. troll.gif
Seri
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 10:57 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

So... Battle Stage 3?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

36 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »