Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) TAKUMI’S THEME II

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

420 Pages  « 200 201 202 203 204 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 1,889,284  ·  Replies: 10,499 
> 頭文字D YM35 Vol.719-DREAM (end)29/07/2013 (T_T)
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 08:23 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,875

Thanks for the translations Fuji_tak!

I think this "blank" refers to something mechanical in the new FC and not about time that Ryousuke stopped running. He ran against Kyochi not have a year, remember that Project D only last a year and race against Kyochi must have been only a few months ago ... it was never problem for Ryousuke. If you think so, Hojo no runs longer than him, he was isolated after the death of Kaori, so his brother told ...
Matsumoto said the new FC does not respond immediately and Hojo even says in one of the translations that he see a slightly hesitation Ryousuke on curves and he wonders if it would be because of the "blank", then this may be a mechanical problem .

This post has been edited by hashiriyatakahashiryosuke on Aug 19 2010, 08:27 AM
Sanae
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 09:39 AM

IDW Okamisan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,388

I have a quick question: do we know which year it's supposed to be in the story?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 10:00 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Sanae @ 20 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
I have a quick question: do we know which year it's supposed to be in the story?

Technically it's the 90s... But Initial D really has no real sensible "date" when it takes place considering the random insertion of some cars...
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 19 2010, 10:40 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 17,374

QUOTE (hashiriyatakahashiryosuke @ 2 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Thanks for the translations Fuji_tak!

I think this "blank" refers to something mechanical in the new FC and not about time that Ryousuke stopped running. He ran against Kyochi not have a year, remember that Project D only last a year and race against Kyochi must have been only a few months ago ... it was never problem for Ryousuke. If you think so, Hojo no runs longer than him, he was isolated after the death of Kaori, so his brother told ...

No, by "blank", Matsumoto is anxious about a gap of several months in Ryosuke's battle experience.
I don't think that "blank" refers to FC because Ryosuke said it, the settings are perfect and in last chapters he said that he could control it perfectly.
"Hesitation" that Shinigami mentionned is may be caused by Ryosuke mind and heart troubled by the past with his sempai.
I guess shinigami is well known at hakone because he used to race and bump street racers cars in Hakone roads.
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 10:41 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

honestly, does the year even fking matter when they have aura,s wings, telepathic talking, jesus supporting takumi, a dude who races WITH HIS EYES CLOSED.

?
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 28 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
honestly, does the year even fking matter when they have aura,s wings, telepathic talking, jesus supporting takumi, a dude who races WITH HIS EYES CLOSED.

?

Bah, who cares about that stuff? It's more like the versions of the GT-Rs, EVOs, presence of 350Z and others that make the year a question in itself...
Sanae
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 11:16 AM

IDW Okamisan

BOZZ, that's precisely the reason why I was wondering if it was the 90s or the 00s. In First Stage, Keisuke said the AE86 was 10 years old so that made me think that the year had to be anything ranging from 1993 to 1997, that theory of mine went out the window when I saw the 350Z....but Tsyta has made an excellent point. laugh.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Sanae @ 2 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
BOZZ, that's precisely the reason why I was wondering if it was the 90s or the 00s. In First Stage, Keisuke said the AE86 was 10 years old so that made me think that the year had to be anything ranging from 1993 to 1997, that theory of mine went out the window when I saw the 350Z....but Tsyta has made an excellent point. laugh.gif

Technically if we were to use the comments from the series, the most reasonable year would be 1998 (since the race with Purple Shadow is a year after the first Keisuke-Takumi race), but then you have the 350Z which came out, at earliest, in 2002 in Japan... so yeah... Bizarro World in Initial D...
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 19 2010, 11:43 AM

IDW Goldmember

initial D time line
Stage 1, 2 & 3 :199X
Stage 4 & 5 : 20XX

Project D =TIMESPLIT​TERS

This post has been edited by fuji_tak on Aug 19 2010, 11:44 AM
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 03:04 PM

IDW Banned Member

i would say stage 1,2,3 were around 1995, then 4th stage took a jump to somewhere in the year 2000's, probably 2004.

so the 1st 3 stages had a solid timeline. then 4th stage came along and took that sudden jump without the characters aging.

and thats where it is from now.

but i still stay by my previous comment.

as the rock would say.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE TIME IS!
Sanae
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 03:49 PM

IDW Okamisan

The explanation is simple: Bunta created a time paradox for his own amusement. fear2.gif

Staying OT - after the Shinigami vs Ryosuke race ends and the Sidewinder team is defeated (because they will defeat it, be sure of that) are they moving on to some other prefecture?

If I'm not mistaken, Project D only has a short while left before Ryosuke has to leave the racing world.
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 19 2010, 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Sanae @ 38 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
The explanation is simple: Bunta created a time paradox for his own amusement. fear2.gif

Staying OT - after the Shinigami vs Ryosuke race ends and the Sidewinder team is defeated (because they will defeat it, be sure of that) are they moving on to some other prefecture?

If I'm not mistaken, Project D only has a short while left before Ryosuke has to leave the racing world.

I was under the impression that once the next series of races with Sidewinder is done so is Project D...
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 20 2010, 12:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

vol.583

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

旋回能力は互角..かThe ability for turning is equal
馬力は明らかにこっちが上だ..Here is clearly on the horsepower.
制動に関しては軽い分むこうに利がある..in the other side as much as he is light, there is an advantage about the braking
終盤に行けば行くほどそれは顕著なものになっていくだろう...The more it goes in the last stage, the more remarkable it will become.
オレにとつては好都合だ..this is convenient to me
止まれないなら不可抗力として..As inevitability if it is not possible to stop
ぶつけるだけのこと..i only throws it

user posted image

勝負は一本..One game
みごと逃げきれればおまえの勝ちだ..If you can succeed in escaping wonderfully, it is your victory
逃がさないぃがな..!!I don't miss it

user posted image

自分が何のために生まれて来たのか..Why was i born..
考えたことある?Have you thought about?
涼介くん RYOSUKE kun

user posted image

また出たit went out.
香織さんの禅問答が.Kaori's zen buddhism dialogue
はぐらかさないで答えてみなさいよ。Answer without avoiding it.
自分が本当にやりたいことって何なの?What you really want to do?
親のあとを継ぐことが本当にしたいこと?Do you really want to succeed your parents ?
キミは本当に医者になんかなりたくて、うちの大学にいるの?Do you really want to become a doctor/professor in our university?
そんなの恵まれているとはいえないよIt can't be said that it is blessed
むしろ不幸よ It is rather unhappy
選択の自由がなりつまんない人生Freedom of choice, the life becomes boring
いたいとこつくね
香織さん Kaori-san
キミの幸せって何?What is your happiness?
本当の幸せって何?What is true happiness?
夢はないの?Isn't there the dream?
涼介くんの夢って何?Ryosuke-san what is your dream ?

This post has been edited by fuji_tak on Aug 20 2010, 01:06 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 02:09 PM

Oh snap... Evidence that the D might be Dream after all?
Lex
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 11:30 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,576

For me, D stands for Dream. If it's not that, I really want to know what is the meaning of this D.
sargeta
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 12:32 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 35,901

Yeah, maybe the "D" is for Dream, but I don't know, Shigeno really likes to surprise us, but who knows...

About the scans, I guess this time Shinigami is really going for it, he's gonna throw an all out attack on Ryosuke this time, and looks like it's the last time he's going to try to kill Ryosuke, meaning the race is about to end.

But what I really wanna see is what Ryosuke's gonna do when Shinigami throws his final attack, maybe he's gonna make the FC jump to avoid the attack... just wondering...
Sanae
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 12:45 PM

IDW Okamisan

I've already said this but while Dream is a definite possibility, I'm still voting for Densetsu which is the Japanese word for legend. After all, Ryosuke said it himself when he and Keisuke were up Mt Akina, that together, with the Red Suns first then with Project D would beat all the records and establish themselves as legends.

So yes, my money is on Project Densetsu. (I know I'll be wrong but hey....tongue.gif )
Tsyta
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 04:52 PM

IDW Banned Member

D is for Dream.

instead of thinking about what the hidden meaning of D means maybe you should think about what the word project means and how its relating to project D.

Initial Dream (red suns)
Project Dream (takumi and keisuke)

anyways. /waits for next chapter so he can see shinigami miss the attack and ram yet another gtr into the wall.
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Sanae @ 4 hours, 55 minutes ago)
I've already said this but while Dream is a definite possibility, I'm still voting for Densetsu which is the Japanese word for legend. After all, Ryosuke said it himself when he and Keisuke were up Mt Akina, that together, with the Red Suns first then with Project D would beat all the records and establish themselves as legends.

So yes, my money is on Project Densetsu. (I know I'll be wrong but hey....tongue.gif )

Would be funny considering Shigeno's last major work was Bari Bari Densetsu...
michaelspar
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 10:15 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,152

"Forgive me if I've been out of the manga loop for well over a year now..."

Same with me here, i've been out of the manga loop because of busy work, but i want to be updated now.
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 10:38 PM

IDW God Member

I always said it, to me, D means dream and until explained why, hehe
Densetsu is also a good bet, but I still think it is already included when we say Ryousuke's initial dream , was to turn legend.
fuji_tak
  Posted: Aug 23 2010, 03:59 AM

IDW Goldmember

vol.601 "reckless driving" (latter part)

Braking force of GTR brakes disappeared.

user posted image

制動力がもうほとんどないのか…Has it  the braking power any longer
こうなれば死神に残されている手段は自爆テロともいえる体当たりしかあるまい When it comes to this, we will have only the bodily crash that a suicide bombing can say in the means left for the god of death
逃げろ、高橋涼介。 Run away, Ryosuke Takahashi.
残念ながら今の死神は正気じゃない…。Unfortunately,the current god of death is not consciousness
つきあうことはない。射程距離の外へ逃げてくれ。I don't need to go together. Run away to the outside of the range.
ブレーキが効かない死神のGT-Rは失速している…Death god GTR which brakes  doesn't work, has stalled
あんたにとっては、カンタンなことだろう!!It will be easy for you!!

user posted image

死神をふりきれるはずの涼介が“不可解な減速!!Ryosuke who should be able to shake off, god of death is “ mysterious slowdown!!
池田も驚く涼介の動きの意味するものは!?Ryosuke movment surprised Ikeda too
涼介を道連れに本当に死ぬ気かもしれないぜ!! I may be going to really die with Riyosuke!!

next title issue
vol.601 "fragrance/kaori"

actually Kaori means fragrance in Kanji.
hashiriyatakahashiry..
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 04:21 AM

IDW God Member

Thanks for the translation and scans, Fuji_tak .. I think Ryousuke will try to stop the GT-R with the FC ... I just hope he does not sacrifice himself ...
D33DO_R32
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 04:37 AM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

QUOTE (fuji_tak @ 37 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
Braking force of GTR brakes disappeared.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2158/76485077.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9453/36666911.jpg

next title issue
actually Kaori means fragrance in Kanji.

I was like, "Godd*mmit, another GT-R will ram the wall" when I saw this..btw, thx 4 the translation Fuji_tak smile.gif
Akii
Posted: Aug 23 2010, 05:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

What a cliffhanger. I expected them to crash already. sad.gif

420 Pages  « 200 201 202 203 204 »