Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) THE BATTLE III

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,513  ·  Replies: 28 
> New Shy Guy, Err... Gal.
Colin
  Posted: Mar 7 2013, 06:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,691

So I've been around for a week already but haven't even posted in here yet. Brilliance! I'm a bit shy, just because my knowledge in ID and cars isn't all that great. Imagine me as a derped female Takumi minus the OP skills. \o/

Anyways, yes, I'm new around here and new to ID itself. Currently watching Stage 4, though I forget which episode number it was exactly. 8? 9? SOMEWHERE AROUND THERE. BLEH.
I started playing ID7 just last month...

I remember that month well. When I first sat down in the seat and swiped my card to play... Then the additional 6 swipes to get myself an ID card. Hee~

Tis the first ID arcade game I've ever played. All of my suckage. derp.gif I follow DigiBunny to the arcades after school and watch him go. I've picked up SOME things from him, but it finally comes down to me. On my own skills. QQ; I get intimidated when he makes me play with him... So sometimes, I'd find time to head to the arcade myself before classes started. It's a little more pleasant alone. But sometimes people watch... I dun like it when they watch. They give me funny looks. :I
ANYWAYS!
Twas amusing when I first played. Never driven a MT in real life before. So I shift funny. (Back when I was living in California, I learned AT with the family's '99 Dodge Durango. I love that boy. Good ol' Rango.) If the ID machines actually had a clutch pedal and crud, I'd flip and probably somehow die in-game.

SO YEAH. Nice to be among you lovely people. c:
Any questions/curiosities?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 07:58 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Ooh my! You hang out with DigiBunny?! Did he tell you about us? Well anyway a promise is a promise...

I'm fairly new to Initial D myself but I got into it a few years back. Not as long as some if these other folk though so I consider myself a greenhorn. I don't play the arcade game even though I want to. Being a poor college student sucks. Well I think if you hang around the forums enough you'll find out a lot about me. But if you do have any questions, feel free to somehow find my Ask Me Anything thread and post! That thread needs to come back to life anyway. I send my warm welcomes and hope to see you around! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Colin
  Posted: Mar 7 2013, 09:44 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 45 minutes ago)
Ooh my! You hang out with DigiBunny?! Did he tell you about us? Well anyway a promise is a promise...

I'm fairly new to Initial D myself but I got into it a few years back. Not as long as some if these other folk though so I consider myself a greenhorn. I don't play the arcade game even though I want to. Being a poor college student sucks. Well I think if you hang around the forums enough you'll find out a lot about me. But if you do have any questions, feel free to somehow find my Ask Me Anything thread and post! That thread needs to come back to life anyway. I send my warm welcomes and hope to see you around! smile.gif

Haha! Yes, we hang. He's the one who got me into ID in the first place. We'd always hit up the mall close to his place just because that's the ONLY mall closest to us with ID7. I've watched him play ID6. Though, any version earlier than that would be a time we've never met.
I only found out about you guys was because he'd always browse these forums during class. derp.gif But I only decided to join the forum now because of my growing love for ID, both anime and game.

ID7 made me learn to find cheaper food at school. Poor college student... I know your feels well. OTL

Thanks again! n_n
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 10:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 39,272

Nice to meet you, I'm sure you'll quite enjoy it here. Lots of good folk around these parts...
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 11:00 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Well I have a job, but the thing is... I hate spending money so whenever I go out I instantly regret everything that I buy. It saves me a lot of money, but to most of my friends I seem like a really indecisive person. Tis the curse of being me! Anyway I found my Ask Me Anything thread. Take a look through it! My life story is basically told in there. laugh2.gif
Colin
  Posted: Mar 8 2013, 06:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (ThrasherDBS @ 7 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Nice to meet you, I'm sure you'll quite enjoy it here. Lots of good folk around these parts...

Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far. c:
Tessou
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 06:49 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The concept of good and bad really depends on what you're here for. If you're just here for ID anime and arcade stuff, you're better off steering clear of the more... volatile areas of the forum. I've always advised newbies to get a good solid feel for the automotive section before they think about actually posting there. It's like an invitation to get skewered, because opinion reigns supreme there and everybody wants to defend what they love and viciously attack that which they hate.

In the other sections? Not so much. I just went on a tangent in the ID Manga thread talking about how Takumi was a big fat loser, and nobody really cared. laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RedsunsF1
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 07:02 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Welcome to the forum!
Colin
  Posted: Mar 8 2013, 07:09 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 19 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
The concept of good and bad really depends on what you're here for. If you're just here for ID anime and arcade stuff, you're better off steering clear of the more... volatile areas of the forum. I've always advised newbies to get a good solid feel for the automotive section before they think about actually posting there. It's like an invitation to get skewered, because opinion reigns supreme there and everybody wants to defend what they love and viciously attack that which they hate.

In the other sections? Not so much. I just went on a tangent in the ID Manga thread talking about how Takumi was a big fat loser, and nobody really cared. laugh.gif

That's exactly what I've noticed in the Automotive section. 0_0
It's like the battle of knowledge there. But heeeey, bystanders can still learn. I mean, I think I'VE learned a new thing or two there. Quite helpful really. I'm someone who's really curious about the wonder of how cars work and crud, but sometimes my comprehension can only grasp so much at the first explanation. derp.gif I'm a slow learner that way.

And HAH. All of his OP-ness.

QUOTE (FC_spec)
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I really appreciate it. c:
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:02 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

>New Shy Guy,
>Err... Gal.

Well which is it? At any rate, welcome aboard!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:05 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Welcome to IDW!
I haven't started a welcome thread yet, maybe i should make one this weekend.

And, about the automotive section, always when i make a thread there, it's a real mess tongue.gif
But i don't bother it, with everyone defending their things and attacking things they hate, i can learn alot! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Mar 8 2013, 09:05 AM
Colin
  Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:11 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
>New Shy Guy,
>Err... Gal.

Well which is it? At any rate, welcome aboard!

I be a female. -pose- derp.gif
And haha, thanks. \o/

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 2 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
Welcome to IDW!
I haven't started a welcome thread yet, maybe i should make one this weekend.

And, about the automotive section, always when i make a thread there, it's a real mess tongue.gif
But i don't bother it, with everyone defending their things and attacking things they hate, i can learn alot! tongue.gif

It seems that you've been here for a while though. lol xD
And yes, I've seeeeen. One DOES learn a lot through debates though. c:
Vile
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 02:01 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

welcome.gif Nice to see more Filipinos in this forum, although I'm more of a Filipino-American. rolleyes.gif

Where do you play ID7 at in the Philippines? I'm going to Manila next month with the family and I'd love to join you guys, that's if the ID7 arcade cabinet is at Manila...
Tessou
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 02:45 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Colin @ 5 hours, 34 minutes ago)
I be a female. -pose- derp.gif
And haha, thanks. \o/

That begs the question, then. Is Colin your real name? I've never heard that as a girl's name.
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 03:34 PM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (Tessou @ 48 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
That begs the question, then. Is Colin your real name? I've never heard that as a girl's name.

Always looking for girls, hah! stuart2.gif
OH, i don't know you... pinch2.gif
Rudy
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:23 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Tuskano
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 10:08 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

Hey there! Welcome aboard!

It's funny, after I bought my first car I found my self more frequently in the automotive section. You defintily can learn alot there and I am fairly new at mechanical car knowledge. Even before I had a car it was fun to read about people's projects.

I visited Manila once and it was fun, I just wished I was able to rewind my life back to high school and attend a Tagalog class it had held so I could ahve understood more.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Mar 8 2013, 10:09 PM
Colin
  Posted: Mar 9 2013, 05:29 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ Yesterday, 2:01 PM)
welcome.gif Nice to see more Filipinos in this forum, although I'm more of a Filipino-American.  rolleyes.gif

Where do you play ID7 at in the Philippines? I'm going to Manila next month with the family and I'd love to join you guys, that's if the ID7 arcade cabinet is at Manila...

Haha! I'm Filipino-American as well! I was born and raised in Southern California, but moved here to the Philippines for college. smile.gif And haha! I play ID7 at Glorietta 4 at Ayala/Makati or something along there. DigiBunny would know more. It's "his" turf.

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 2:45 PM)

NAW. I just have a thing for anagrams. Colin was close to my real name. Real name's Nicole. xD Call me whatever you'd like though. Colin, Nicole, Nikki, etc.

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 8 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Heya there, welcome to the forums. smile.gif

Thanks! I really appreciate it~ n_n

QUOTE (Tuskano @ 7 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Hey there! Welcome aboard!

It's funny, after I bought my first car I found my self more frequently in the automotive section.  You defintily can learn alot there and I am fairly new at mechanical car knowledge.  Even before I had a car it was fun to read about people's projects.

I visited Manila once and it was fun, I just wished I was able to rewind my life back to high school and attend a Tagalog class it had held so I could ahve understood more.

I totally agree on how fun it is to read about other people's projects. Such determination and money! o_o;
Haha! Most Filipinos understand English anyways. Well, at least they SHOULD. derp.gif
DamienWolf
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 06:31 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Good to see more Filipinos here and the new generation of IDAS players. I've met Digibunny once but we havent hung out after that. Still havent tried ID7. Might never, actually but I might drop by Glorietta to peek and greet. Maybe get an ID card for old time's sake. You guys can teach me the game. Enjoy your stay. happy.gif
Colin
  Posted: Mar 9 2013, 07:07 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 36 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
Good to see more Filipinos here and the new generation of IDAS players. I've met Digibunny once but we havent hung out after that. Still havent tried ID7. Might never, actually but I might drop by Glorietta to peek and greet. Maybe get an ID card for old time's sake. You guys can teach me the game. Enjoy your stay. happy.gif

You haven't? Tryyy it! lol
Though, I wouldn't be able to teach you anything. xD
I've only been able to catch certain things by watching other play, but all of my learning comes from actually playing. OTL
And I SUCK. lol

Hope to see you around there then. \o/ Haha~
DigiBunny
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 08:56 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Calling G4 my turf would be tantamount to Itsuki claiming Akina as his own.

Just saying.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 10:52 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Vortrex @ Yesterday, 7:34 PM)
Always looking for girls, hah! stuart2.gif
OH, i don't know you... pinch2.gif

Always? I HAVE a girl, and she's on this very forum! laugh.gif I stopped playing the field once that deal was sealed. cool.gif

Alright, Colin, since I know your name and you opened the invite to call you whatever I feel like... I will call you Niko. I was going to go with N, but I didn't want to confuse that with our veteran member Nomake Wan (N1).
Vile
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 01:31 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

QUOTE (Colin @ 8 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Haha! I'm Filipino-American as well! I was born and raised in Southern California, but moved here to the Philippines for college. smile.gif And haha! I play ID7 at Glorietta 4 at Ayala/Makati or something along there. DigiBunny would know more. It's "his" turf.

Oh wow that's interesting, I use to think it was the other way around based on all the Filipinos that I've met lol. Where in SoCal did you use to live at?

As for ID7, we finally got two here but I'm still an hour or so away from the nearest one. crying2.gif

Well that's good news that ID7 is at Makati since I'll be staying in a hotel that is walking distance from that mall. Is Glorietta 4 the name of the arcade? Well anyways, time for me to brush up on my tagalog. lol
Colin
  Posted: Mar 9 2013, 08:49 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Alright, Colin, since I know your name and you opened the invite to call you whatever I feel like... I will call you Niko. I was going to go with N, but I didn't want to confuse that with our veteran member Nomake Wan (N1).

Niko's totally fine with me! derp.gif

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ 7 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Oh wow that's interesting, I use to think it was the other way around based on all the Filipinos that I've met lol. Where in SoCal did you use to live at?

As for ID7, we finally got two here but I'm still an hour or so away from the nearest one. crying2.gif

Well that's good news that ID7 is at Makati since I'll be staying in a hotel that is walking distance from that mall. Is Glorietta 4 the name of the arcade? Well anyways, time for me to brush up on my tagalog. lol

Ah. I lived back in Rowland Heights. Los Angeles.
The name of the mall is Glorietta 4. Timezone is the name of the arcade.
We should like... Schedule a meet-up or something somehow. n_n I'll drag DigiBunny along. Or at least try to. c:
Tygur
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 08:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

Welcome welcome.

2 Pages  1 2