Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Time Trial Maxi4

Views: 6,122  ·  Replies: 8 
> Initial D Final Stage Air Date Confirmed
Initial D World
    Posted: Mar 2 2014, 04:03 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

Great news!! アニマックス (Animax) has finally released more information regarding the broadcasting schedule for Initial D Final Stage!! Contrary to our previous belief, Final Stage is NOT going straight to DVD. Instead, it will be available on Animax's brand new「Animax PLUS」channel starting on 2014.05.16. Animax PLUS is a new subscription VOD (Video On Demand) service which allows subscribers to watch the latest anime series.

Initial D Final Stage will start right after where Fifth Stage left off. There are a total of FOUR episodes that makes up this mini stage. It will be focusing on the ultimate downhill battle in Kanagawa. (also the last battle for Project.D.) Takumi Fujiwara will be going up against Shinji Inui, the prodigy in unconventional racing technique. How will our protagonist defend the legend of the undefeated in this final chapter of Initial D? What kind of challenge will the young Fujiwara face in this last battle? Find out in May 16!!

Our prayer has been answered! M.o.v.e will be performing both the Opening Theme and the Ending Theme for Initial D Final Stage. The OP is「Outsoar the Rainbow」(which also happens to be the theme song of Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity that is currently being location tested in Japan.) and the ED is「Days」. Both songs are unreleased. There is a sample clip of Outsoar the Rainbow that a Japanese fans recorded off the TV screen, the quality isn't that good. Check the link below if you want to watch it anyways.

Well guys and gals, mark your calendar. There is one more day on the horizon to look forward to. See you on Friday, May 16th, 2014, Initial D Final Stage (total of 4 episodes)!!

| Editor's Note |
Join us on the forums to talk about Final Stage today! https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46458

| Sources |
» 頭文字[イニシャル]D | ANIMAX | http://www.animax.co.jp/special/initial-d
» Animax Plus | http://plus.animax.co.jp/
» M.O.V.E Official Website | http://electropica.com/
» 頭文字D8JAEPO2014紹介ムービー | https://youtube.com/watch?v=i6kQ8JRUZzE (m.o.v.e - Outsoar the Rainbow theme)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 932 x 1098. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
hackgrid
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 04:09 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,046

So...providing raws will be even harder than with 5th stage? Oo
Akii
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 04:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

4 episodes.... for 1 race. Either its a 5 minutes per episode or they really really have extras for this.
Perry
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 04:41 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Or maybe they finally takes the time (one year to make four episodes) and make Final Stage better. We'll find out in 10 weeks.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 05:55 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

I wonder in what interval the four episodes will be aired and if the Animax Plus service will also be started in other countries.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 07:53 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (hackgrid @ 3 hours, 44 minutes ago)
So...providing raws will be even harder than with 5th stage? Oo

No, it'll be exactly the same as Fourth Stage, Wangan Midnight and Fifth Stage, all of which aired on a Video-on-Demand PPV service. Why anyone thinks this is different is completely beyond me, and makes me chuckle.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
hackgrid
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 10:16 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
No, it'll be exactly the same as Fourth Stage, Wangan Midnight and Fifth Stage, all of which aired on a Video-on-Demand PPV service. Why anyone thinks this is different is completely beyond me, and makes me chuckle.

Well I can't be sure, but "new subscription service" could mean a new encryption system which is harder to record or whatever derp.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 11:31 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Initial D World @ 7 hours, 27 minutes ago)
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cwxvS_io...nnouncement.jpg

I find it funny that they're still reusing cels in their promos. That shot at the top-right is from Third Stage, for crying out loud.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kevnguyen13
Posted: Mar 3 2014, 08:40 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,983

I haven't been excited/looking forward to the ending of a series for a long time but I am pretty stoked about this. Sad it's down to the last 4 episodes. I'm guessing 1 episode will be about Shinji's past (buildup to the race), 2 will be the race itself, and the last one will be the conclusion (post Project D).