Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Raising Hell

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,310  ·  Replies: 10 
> 2013 Hyundai Accent, Looking for idea's
rknight
  Posted: May 22 2017, 08:34 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,828

Hey fellows
I need some opinions, recently my aunt passed away and I inherited some items from her estate, one is a 2013 Hyundai Accent
and I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the car???

upon getting it
I reminded myself of Jay Leno’s quote, “ Driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow. ”....the car looks good on the outside but man its 90's GM on the inside and I honestly wasn’t expecting too much in terms of handling but once I hit the winding roads of southern Wisconsin. I was pleasantly surprised. With its responsive steering and taught handling, it could take a fair amount of thrashing for a compact car.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

xiao
Posted: May 23 2017, 11:12 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (rknight @ May 22 2017, 10:34 AM)
Hey fellows
I need some opinions

Sell it and get a Silver FR-S or a Pearl Blue BRZee... but that's just me! laugh.gif (hey that rhymes!)

But seriously, it looks like a good grocery getter/econo car. I'd say keep it unless you were thinking of getting something quirkier like that Honda whatchamacallit with the shifter on the console where the A/C is.

But if you have the money man... go get that friggin' FR-Zee what are you waiting for! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rknight @ May 22 2017, 10:34 AM)
I reminded myself of Jay Leno’s quote, “ Driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow. ”

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling!" laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Sensation!
Posted: May 23 2017, 11:29 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (rknight @ May 22 2017, 09:34 AM)
and I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the car???

Did you like your aunt?
Cherish it, maintain it, and drive it.

Not sure what you want out of that car, but suggestions to do anything to the car other than drive it or sell it is pretty bunk in my opinion.

xiao
Posted: May 23 2017, 11:36 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (xiao @ 20 minutes ago)
Sell it...

QUOTE (Village People)
Before xiao gets pitchforked for being an insensitive koopa troopa cunt...

Didn't mean to be insensitive but, when my grandma passed away in Dec 2016, all I got was a huge 5,000 dollar bill for her funeral and one for her nursing home. O_O

Let go of all that emotional mumbo jumbo objects like cars are attached with, and be happy.

I'm sure that's what your aunt wants you to be, from wherever she is up there in the great Spirit in the Sky. sweatingbullets.gif user posted image

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI )
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 24 2017, 06:05 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Do you like how the car drives? Is the car economically viable for your situation? Great, just drive it into the ground.

Do you not like how the car drives? Is the car not economically viable for your situation? Great, just sell it or trade it towards something that is.

And for the love of all that is right in the world don't blindly take the suggestion of someone on the forums as to what car to get if you do decide to sell it. Go out and actually test-drive stuff if it's something new. Go do your research in advance if it's something older and you plan on buying from Craigslist or the like.

Telling him to sell it and buy an 86 is just... facepalm.gif Goddammit Xiao.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: May 24 2017, 11:09 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

What Sensation! and Nomake Wan said. Keep it if you like it, sell it if you don't. Pretty cut and dry. If you were close to your aunt, maybe you'll want to keep it for that reason too, but that's all you.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: May 24 2017, 01:53 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Telling him to sell it and buy an 86 is just... facepalm.gif Goddammit Xiao.

Hey maybe he wanted suggestions to mod it up and put some neon underglows and add NOS and put lazers on the hood or somethin' iunno? tongue.gif
rknight
  Posted: May 27 2017, 08:07 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (xiao @ May 24 2017, 01:53 PM)
Hey maybe he wanted suggestions to mod it up and put some neon underglows and add NOS and put lazers on the hood or somethin' iunno? tongue.gif

oh god no!

what I was looking for some light modding ideas to making " stand out " from the crowd...but i found what i was looking from http://www.sharkracing.com/ still i thank everyone that commented.

xiao
Posted: May 28 2017, 01:35 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (rknight @ Yesterday, 10:07 PM)
oh god no!

what I was looking for some light modding ideas to making " stand out " from the crowd...but i found what i was looking from http://www.sharkracing.com/ still i thank everyone that commented.

haha! Glad you found what you were looking for man. Sorry about the avalanche of weirdness this thread devolved to (it was xiao's fault). You know what we say... IDW we know drama™ laugh.gif

Personally though if I had a BRZ I'd put some dank blue underglows to make it look like a little space hovermobile. That thing's gonna stop being produced one day, and before it does... I wanna say I made mine Fast & Furious with some pimp neon LED thingamabobs! laugh.gif cool.gif

NOS & stickers is a little bit too much tho... fear2.gif
rknight
  Posted: Jun 3 2017, 12:04 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (xiao @ May 28 2017, 01:35 PM)
haha! Glad you found what you were looking for man. Sorry about the avalanche of weirdness this thread devolved to (it was xiao's fault). You know what we say... IDW we know drama™ laugh.gif

Personally though if I had a BRZ I'd put some dank blue underglows to make it look like a little space hovermobile. That thing's gonna stop being produced one day, and before it does... I wanna say I made mine Fast & Furious with some pimp neon LED thingamabobs! laugh.gif cool.gif

NOS & stickers is a little bit too much tho... fear2.gif

Now that would be cool!

BRZ is on my list, that or an Mitsubishi Lancer EVO,

i'm car shopping now since my Chrysler 200 super S ( yes a 200 Super S is a real thing...it was a dealer package back in 2011 to 2013 ) was totaled.....I'm looking at replacing it but Super S models are soooo hard to find
rknight
  Posted: Sep 28 2017, 07:51 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (xiao @ May 23 2017, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (Village People)
Before xiao gets pitchforked for being an insensitive koopa troopa cunt...

Didn't mean to be insensitive but, when my grandma passed away in Dec 2016, all I got was a huge 5,000 dollar bill for her funeral and one for her nursing home. O_O

Let go of all that emotional mumbo jumbo objects like cars are attached with, and be happy.

I'm sure that's what your aunt wants you to be, from wherever she is up there in the great Spirit in the Sky. sweatingbullets.gif https://idforums.net/style_images/1/icon12.gif

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxH_8raCI

Many Thanks, I still miss her to this day

I've desideed to keep it and i made some small updates to it.

while it's lacking the tech side, it makes up for it with it's handling & power - to - weight ratio.
at 138HP it's very livly for a small lightweight car

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.