Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing natsu no initial (Instrument)

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,390  ·  Replies: 40 
> favorite car
Uriko
  Posted: Feb 5 2004, 06:47 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 671

whats is your favorite car and why?

well as if it all ready hasnt been stated my favorite is the R32.

now alot people are like wtf, why the R32. ill explain, to most people the R32 is a huge car with a steering problem beyond belief. But after you play the car for awhile u get accustomed to the understeer and relize "hey im probabilly ganna need to use the brake alot more than any other car".

The R32 may lack in corner but makes up for it in acceleration, and in top out speed. because of its overall power ive heard it excels in uphill battles, but can hold its own in down hill aswell, and since its awd it is also a good choice for rain. although it may not do to good on the last 3 courses, the first 3 are definately its stomping ground. myogi and usui are its main courses because of the fact they have very little tight turns and alot of open road. akagi is kinda of an iffy, if u can make it through without hitting to much u should get a decent time, the only problem with this course is keeping the km/h up around the turns.

The reason why more people dont drive the R32? mainly because of the fact its hard to control, and it involves alot of breaking down shiffting and letting off the gas at times.
SWAT-Son
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 08:35 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 1,185

i'd say my fav. is my the FD. at first it was keisuke was my favorite anime chara. but now its jus the feel of the car when i'm playing. it has a good balance of cornering and speed. i dont kno may b KRAZ will answer this better than i can...
GC8VIP
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 11:01 AM

22B

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 973

for me it has to be the subaru impreza WRX Sti ver 6!
not 5. 6. it is an aweseom car. next to that is is my evo 7.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 11:10 AM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Subaru Impreza WRX. Any model. I love my Subaru's...
C72
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 12:10 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 1,235

My favorite car is my own DC2 many people call it a "cheap car" but i've had mine since version 1 when everyone else just got EVo's and Skyline's and RX-7's. So I just picked the car because I own one in real life and just like the Type-R anyway. Plus it suits all of my needs. Sure it's not that good on the first 3 courses as people say but with a good driver I can hold my own on any course.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 12:28 PM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (C72 @ Feb 5 2004, 12:08 PM)
My favorite car is my own DC2 many people call it a "cheap car" but i've had mine since version 1 when everyone else just got EVo's and Skyline's and RX-7's. So I just picked the car because I own one in real life and just like the Type-R anyway. Plus it suits all of my needs. Sure it's not that good on the first 3 courses as people say but with a good driver I can hold my own on any course.

Lets see what car is the cheese in Ver 3. We get it in 4 weeks.
Steve
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 04:11 PM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

Mine on ID is the S2000. Why? Good speed excellent contol and very challenging to your opponent. In real life, I'd want a NSX. Has the looks and awsome to have alot of hp.
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 5 2004, 07:20 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,215

RX-7 FC3S. I originally drove an FD, but switched.

The FC's my favorite car in real life (I feel it has more character than the D). Ryosuke's my favorite character. In game, I love the FC's combination of upper-average speed and good handling - especially since its lack of faster speed demands skill in order for a driver to be competitive. (Not dissing drivers of higher ranked cars. I just think that the lower your car is 'ranked,' the faster it is you learn, out of necessity).

So there ya go
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 01:52 AM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (Isolator FC @ Feb 5 2004, 07:18 PM)
RX-7 FC3S. I originally drove an FD, but switched.

The FC's my favorite car in real life (I feel it has more character than the D). Ryosuke's my favorite character. In game, I love the FC's combination of upper-average speed and good handling - especially since its lack of faster speed demands skill in order for a driver to be competitive. (Not dissing drivers of higher ranked cars. I just think that the lower your car is 'ranked,' the faster it is you learn, out of necessity).

So there ya go

Ironic. I took the "Who Are You" Quiz and got Ryosuke first, then I went back took it again and again and got Bunta both times.
Masa
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 02:53 AM

my gf is faster than your gf

Member No.: 819

i got my fd for the same reasons, although i only have a touring model not a type r or r1.

i got my wrx cause i was tired of getting wasted on akina.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 04:49 AM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (Masa @ Feb 6 2004, 02:51 AM)

i got my fd for the same reasons, although i only have a touring model not a type r or r1.

Its not exactly always the car on Akina, its how well you drive. When I first started out I got wasted on Akina, breaking my hope of finishing four course on my first try. But I came back a week later and messed it up with the Lan Evo IV. Now, four months later I'm the 2nd best Akina driver and the number 1 Irohazaka driver. All thanks to my Subaru's. Bunta has awesome taste. thumbsup.gif
V0|t
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 01:11 PM

Akagi's White Comet

Member No.: 877

Savanna Rx-7,Loved it since Verison one,and till i'm dead.To me it is the MOST balanced car in there and rare to find good Racers with them.
Plus its my favorite car,but right after it is the Sa22c ^-^
Masa
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 01:23 PM

my gf is faster than your gf

Member No.: 819

QUOTE (Jason_H. @ Feb 6 2004, 04:47 AM)

Its not exactly always the car on Akina, its how well you drive. When I first started out I got wasted on Akina, breaking my hope of finishing four course on my first try. But I came back a week later and messed it up with the Lan Evo IV. Now, four months later I'm the 2nd best Akina driver and the number 1 Irohazaka driver. All thanks to my Subaru's. Bunta has awesome taste. thumbsup.gif

have you ever driven an rx7 type r on akina? its horrible, i can barely get a 2'58 and i get a low 2'55 with my wrx.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 01:26 PM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (Masa @ Feb 6 2004, 01:21 PM)

have you ever driven an rx7 type r on akina? its horrible, i can barely get a 2'58 and i get a low 2'55 with my wrx.

Here come the Impreza lovers! Woo-woo! w00t2.gif
Kev
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 02:29 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

QUOTE (Jason_H. @ Feb 6 2004, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (Masa @ Feb 6 2004, 01:21 PM)

Here come the Impreza lovers! Woo-woo! w00t2.gif

Jason, ive been monitoring your posts and youre posts are somewhat spam. Please stop spamming
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 03:12 PM

Reigning and Defending

Member No.: 625

You need to stop that crap buddy. You post after every new post and it has nothing to do with the topic. Stop talking about your WRX, it's getting old. Just stop posting in this thread.
R-icoche-T
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 05:33 PM

RCubed Designs

Member No.: 907

I change my likings of cars like.. everyweek=\
SXE10, because its fun to use!
AE86turbolevin
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 08:41 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 399

QUOTE (Jason_H. @ Feb 6 2004, 01:50 AM)
QUOTE (Isolator FC @ Feb 5 2004, 07:18 PM)
RX-7 FC3S.  I originally drove an FD, but switched.

The FC's my favorite car in real life (I feel it has more character than the D).  Ryosuke's my favorite character.  In game, I love the FC's combination of upper-average speed and good handling - especially since its lack of faster speed demands skill in order for a driver to be competitive.  (Not dissing drivers of higher ranked cars.  I just think that the lower your car is 'ranked,' the faster it is you learn, out of necessity).

So there ya go

Ironic. I took the "Who Are You" Quiz and got Ryosuke first, then I went back took it again and again and got Bunta both times.

wat test?where was dat at cause i wanna see wat dats about blink.gif
Keisuke_Takahashi
Posted: Feb 6 2004, 11:36 PM

You wont be in my mirrors after 2 more corners

Member No.: 1,233

my favourite would be the FC why? well because whne i played it i found it easyer to drift then the fd, because ryousuke drives it too lol and well because i have a card for it with initial d exhaust and wheels grin2.gif
MR_2
Posted: Feb 7 2004, 05:30 PM

Radeon Force

Member No.: 892

MR 2, no doubt about it. Its hard to play with...very challenge, and that is why I play with it! happy.gif Hope I would really become good with that car. smile.gif Give me some tips...if any of you don't mind(Just PM me).
Shad0wSp33d
Posted: Feb 7 2004, 08:42 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,229

I have 2 favorite cars out of them all. The lancer evo IV and the rx-7 FC3S. They're both such good cars. It's hard to pick from the both of them. grin2.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Feb 15 2004, 04:25 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (MR_2 @ Feb 7 2004, 05:28 PM)
MR 2, no doubt about it. Its hard to play with...very challenge, and that is why I play with it! happy.gif Hope I would really become good with that car. smile.gif Give me some tips...if any of you don't mind(Just PM me).

My Favorite car is the Skyline R32..but i have to agree with MR2, the G-Limited is a nice car my other fav would go to the celica just cause of its power on the uphill.. :
Muzicman16
Posted: Feb 22 2004, 08:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,319

Yo its all bout tha S2000 that car has great acc. plus it is very challenging on tha cornering (which yes is a good thing)!!! Not to mention its rare not very many peeps like it which is diffrent from like tha skyline and tha evos and especially rx7 no offence to tha peeps that like um its just that my fav
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 22 2004, 10:52 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,215

its rare not very many peeps like it which is diffrent from like tha skyline and tha evos and especially rx7

FD, FD Spirit, or FC?
R32, or R34?
Evo III, or IV? V? VI? VII?

Not to be overly critical dude, but there are so many different models of the 'cars' you just mentioned that they're more like categories than cars themselves. Meaning that what you've just said is tantamount to "I like x car, because people pick x car to drive less than they pick Mitsubishi/Mazda/Nissan." Or, "more people drive sports-utility vehicles than drive Nissan 350Z's."

Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from. I originally tossed my FD because I felt that too many people were driving the it in my area. I didn't want to drive the 'everybody' car, and I had always liked the FC better anyway. I simply don't think that your comparison of popularity is legitimate if it's between a specific car model, and a category of car. Catch my drift?

Anyway, if you still don't understand what I'm talking about, click here:
https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=3556
A lot of people like "Evo"s, but a lot of them have differing preferences between each Evo.

(edit so I don't repost/spam)
.N.D., I have a feelingthat the FD will still be in the top 5 in version 3. I might be wrong, but that's my general impression.

This post has been edited by Isolator FC on Feb 22 2004, 10:58 PM
.N.D.
Posted: Feb 22 2004, 10:54 PM

土坂復路車手

Member No.: 1,136

yes yes, i m one of those rotary lovers! FD is my fav, not cuz its good or anything *it is btw*, its just i m a sucker for yellow boxes with wheels with BIG SPOILERS!! XDXD!~!! still gonna use it in ver 3, even tho it sux.....o well i live as a Rotary lover, i die as one!

2 Pages  1 2