Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Tommy K - Break the Night

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,124  ·  Replies: 93 
> [Fanfic] AWD Battle, An old enemy returns with the help of a close friend
thrett
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 10:00 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,478

oooo cant wait for the next race keep up the good work
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 06:56 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

read it just b4 3am b4 going to sleep. keep up the good writing thx.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 07:32 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

And another good chapter.

Update please.
RickyDGreat
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 01:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

keep up the good work, keeps getting better
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 16 2007, 06:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

“What was that about?” Keisuke asked. Fujiwara shrugged his shoulders.
“Wasn't Hoshino the person with the R34 GT-R?” Fumihiro asked. “Could Nakazato be going to ask for his advice on the next race?”
“It's possible,” Keisuke said, standing up to leave. “Let's get some sleep. Fujiwara, good driving,” he said over his shoulder as he left.

“I don't think I'll ever be able to drive like that again,” Fujiwara said finally as he and Fumihiro lingered behind in the parking lot.
“You keep saying that, but now that you've done it once, I don't see why you can't do it again,” Fumihiro replied, stopping at his car.
“I'm looking forward to using the Impreza for this next race,” Takumi said before leaving. Fumihiro shook his head and sat down in his car, started it up, and sighed.
“He just won't accept that he's a good driver,” he said to the empty seat beside him.

Takumi sat down in the hachi-roku and put his hands on the wheel. He sat there, running over Akina's downhill in his mind and moving his hands across the steering wheel as he tried to remember the line he had taken. His mind analyzed the feel of the car and the line it had actually taken, and he began looking for ways to improve it. Takumi's eyes suddenly snapped open and he leaned back in his seat, hands shaking.
“I can go faster.”

“Shingo! I challenge you to a downhill battle!” Nakazato roared, clad in black and standing defiant in the pouring rain. The evil GT-R hulked behind him, steam rising from its hood as the cold rain vaporized on contact. Sayuki stood behind her open door, defiant and ready. Shingo raised his head, brushed the hair out of his eyes and looked at his former leader.
“You think you're good enough to challenge me? In a car built by Ryosuke, helped by a girl? Do you think that's enough to overcome your shitty driving” Shingo sneered, stepping forward from the dark.
“Why don't you get in your car and find out,” Nakazato threatened quietly. The other members of the Myogi Night Kids slunk back, afraid of the outcome. They had supported Takeshi at first, and then the majority had defected with Shingo, who had almost completely ruined their reputation and cost them numerous battles with his dirty racing.

“What do you say?” Shingo asked, turning to his team mates.
“The winner is our leader,” a voice said out of the darkness. Shingo growled out a curse from curled lips and then turned on Nakazato.
“Fine! We'll race. Downhill. Winner leads the Night Kids,” Shingo said, turning to get into his car.
“Just one word of advice, Nakazato,” he added, “you better find a good bodyshop.”

“Do you think we're too late?” Itsuki asked from the back seat of the Impreza. Takumi shook his head and pointed out the front window, more for Iketani's benefit than anything else.
“The red EG6 is Shingo's, and the R32 is Nakazato's. They haven't left yet, they're still staging. We have time. I just hope Ryosuke and Keisuke show up soon,” he added, pulling the Impreza off the road and into a small parking lot.

The EG6's tires screamed suddenly as it shot off downhill, the R32 following instantly, it's all wheel drive lunging it forward without a sound.
“Nakazato has learned incredible throttle control to do that,” Fujiwara said, intensely surprised. Ryosuke's white FC appeared soon after, the Takahashi brothers inside.
“Have they left yet?” Keisuke asked through his rolled-down window.
“Just now,” Takumi replied.
“Fujiwara, you have your Impreza? Let me drive it, we need to see this battle up close,” Ryosuke said, parking the FC and running through the rain. Takumi tossed the keys over and looked at Iketani and Itsuki, who immediately bailed out.

The Impreza took off like a shot, Ryosuke's eyebrows rising sharply at the car's initial reaction.
“I'm sorry for being late, Fujiwara, but we were caught in a traffic jam. The downpour was responsible for two cars losing control on the highway. I wanted to get here sooner so I could speak with Nakazato and persuade him to think otherwise, but it's too late now. All we can do is watch,” he said, wringing the utmost power from the Impreza's engine with every shift. Keisuke and Takumi could feel their bodies straining against their seatbelts as the blue coupe plunged down the slope.

“I didn't know you knew how to drive all wheel drive, bro,” Keisuke said in surprise as the Impreza drifted through a series of corners at an insane level of speed.
“Kyouichi and I have a long history,” Ryosuke replied cryptically. Finally a glimpse of red could be seen at the very edge of the Impreza's headlights, and after a few corners the two cars could be seen. Ryosuke frowned as he saw the scene unfolding before him. The red EG6 was missing a headlight and had a damaged front bumper, while the rear of the GT-R was covered in red paint and cracks from multiple impacts. As Nakazato turned through one corner Takumi saw to his shock a long red smear down the side of the GT-R where it looked as if Shingo had sideswiped the bigger car in a desperate attempt to win.

“I expected as much,” Ryosuke said, breaking the shocked silence.
“How do you mean?” Keisuke asked, surprised at his brother and more than a little annoyed that nothing seemed to shock him or slow him down.
“Nakazato and Shingo have long been adversaries. They were able to interact politely for a while when Kyouichi's Evolutions appeared, but all-out war will make friends of enemies. With the outside danger removed, the two would fight and bicker more and more, until they would be unable to battle together. Shingo took control of the Night Kids and rejected Nakazato,” Ryosuke said, pausing to drift the Impreza through a particularly difficult corner.

“I used Nakazato to create a situation that would force Fujiwara into racing this car, but it got out of control. Nakazato found the one element he needed to calm himself and unleash his true driving potential, that girl in the passenger seat. But there are still problems. He can't control the GT-R's understeer like he wants to, and he needs control of the Night Kids.”

The R32 dove into another corner, Nakazato fighting brilliantly under pressure. The EG6 didn't even slow down, instead plowing into the rear of the R32 in an attempt to destabilize it.
“Damnit Shingo!” Sayuki shouted, pulling the hair out of her eyes as yet another impact knocked her forward.
“He's not making it easy,” Nakazato grunted, fighting the onset of understeer.
“I thought he wouldn't hit us if I were in the car, but I guess that isn't the case. What a great friend he is,” Sayuki said, shaking her head.
“Are you ready?” she asked.
“I think so. It's understeering pretty badly,” Takeshi said.
“Grip for two more corners and then unleash it,” she replied.

“What worried me was when Nakazato mentioned Hoshino's name,” Ryosuke said, hitting the Impreza's brakes hard to avoid hitting the raging EG6.
“The fat old R34 driver?” Keisuke asked. “What's wrong with him?”
“Nothing's wrong with him,” Takumi said suddenly.
“That's right,” Ryosuke said with a smile. “Hoshino had Nakazato's answer. In your battle against him, Keisuke, Hoshino started drifting his R34 as a way of coping with tire wear and understeer. An unconventional method, but it almost resulted in triumph for him. There's an eighty percent chance that Nakazato will start drifting the R32 in the next two corners,” he said, turning the Impreza's wheel quickly to dive for the inside line.

“Fujiwara, I like how your father tuned this vehicle. I'd like to speak with him sometime,” Ryosuke said, putting more space between the blue Impreza and the red EG6. Takumi nodded, bracing himself against the door as the Impreza rocketed through another corner. Ryosuke chuckled happily as the R32's tail began to step out.
“End of the second corner, his drifting has begun,” Ryosuke said.
“Do you think it will work?” Keisuke asked.
“All he needs to do is put a gap between him and the EG6. It should work well enough for that,” Ryosuke replied. He looked at the R32's damaged body panels and cringed inside. All that money and effort had been ruined by a hotheaded punk in a Civic inside of five minutes.
DK_2
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 06:23 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

OMG! This is epic! Good job! more updates! grin2.gif
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 06:32 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

great chapter. i hope it ends in an epic crash with the eg6 hitting a wall or something. i never did like shingo since he raced the 86.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 06:35 PM

He looked at the R32's damaged body panels and cringed inside. All that money and effort had been ruined by a hotheaded punk in a Civic inside of five minutes.

Ouch. .

And again, another great chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Panda_86
Posted: Oct 16 2007, 09:06 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 27,036

These transalations were well made, considering that some words can only be best described by picture... Whoever made this translation is so skilled...

And damn! the stories are so great, the new cars are so great, I wish we can all see the cars in full manga image... did most of these cars retain their same physical appearance, yet when you read its specs its considered new... I can't imagine fully yet how the new AE86 looks or even the new FC... considering now that it revs a thousand higher... so many "can't-wait-to-see" things...

i like the line "bested by a Corolla" when they did a gutter run... and from a race-analyst like Ryosuke!? Whohohoa!!! ohmy.gif Shouldn't that be "bested by a Corolla, with a Fujiwara driver in it..."

it sounds like the 5th Stage is a revolution to the First Stage, old characters are being shown again, but this time with better cars, smarter skills, and enlarged egos!!! yeah! grin2.gif

MORE MORE MORE!!!! w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif
Dan
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 02:00 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 24,971

This fanfic is perfect for 5th Stage. If The creators would think of creating 5th Stage anime.

rogersj3
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 05:05 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,639

This isn't a translation (is it?), but a very well done fanfic. The peoples demand - MOAR CHAPTERZ!
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 11:02 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (rogersj3 @ Today at 9:05 AM)
This isn't a translation (is it?), but a very well done fanfic. The peoples demand - MOAR CHAPTERZ!

no, its a real fanfic made by thx. we need more chapters, i want to see how shingo loses smile.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 17 2007, 07:02 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Holy crap, did my fanfic just get compared to Fifth Stage?

******* DANGEROUS SHINGO'S ATTACK*******************

“But Ryosuke, won't the rain make things difficult?” Takumi asked, his eyes fascinated with the sliding GT-R's form as it dodged another one of Shingo's attacks.
“No. The rain is Nakazato's friend. The reduced traction of the road allows him to drift his car more easily than if it were dry, and it also favors his all wheel drive as opposed to the EG6's front wheel drive. The only area where the EG6 excels would be in braking, but the driver in that car doesn't have any coherent racing line. He's just trying to spin out Nakazato. Fujiwara, may I do something with your Impreza?” he asked. Takumi nodded, unsure of what else could be done. Ryosuke suddenly floored the car and shot forward, bringing the Impreza alongside the EG6 in a heartbeat. Ryosuke swerved closer to the EG6, then fell back, gently tapping the Civic's bumper as he pulled back into place. Fujiwara forced his white-knuckled hands to relax as he heard Keisuke force himself to breathe.

“Kuso! Who does that Impreza think he is?” Shingo growled, thumping his hand on the steering wheel. Still, it was a clear sign that whoever they were, they wanted a clean battle. Shingo forced himself to calm down and think quickly over his options.
“I'm lighter, I have decent traction, I can brake deeper into the corners. My plan should be to attack him in a corner where he drifts, try and cut inside,” he said, downshifting to spin the B18C up into its max power range.
“I couldn't kill you, Nakazato, so I'll just humiliate you instead,” he said, preparing for the attack.

“Drift!” Sayuki shouted, watching intently as Nakazato forced the Skyline to carve a perfect curve through the corner, helped in no small part by the disabled ATTESA-ETS.
“I knew I wouldn't be able to learn his technique in a few days,” Nakazato said, “but I never thought it would be possible to drift this car, even with the ATTESA disabled. What did you think of Hoshino?” he asked as the GT-R cut through another corner, its large body successfully blocking Shingo from passing.
“Fat but cheerful,” Sayuki replied. “Bring it to within 15cm of the inside guard rail. Watch out for the puddle,” she said as the GT-R screamed through the turn. Nakazato's front inside wheel caught the edge of the puddle, violently correcting the drift and opening up the inside enough for Shingo to force his red EG6 through at demonic speed, two wheels in the mud and two within centimeters of Nakazato's door.

“Damnit!” Takeshi swore, but he kept his cool. Sayuki was impressed with his self-control and smiled happily.
“A week ago you would have floored it to keep up, lost control of the car, and spun out,” she said. “I'm impressed. We'll have two more chances to pass him. Both are dangerous, but it can be done if you drift.”
“After I sold my S13 I never thought I would drift again,” Takeshi admitted bashfully. Still, as the next corner approached he hit the brakes, turned the wheel sharply, buried the throttle and began countersteering as he sent the powerful GT-R blazing through the turn. Straightening up the wheel and feathering the throttle he shot down the short straightaway, catching up with Shingo's far less powerful EG6. There was no way a naturally aspirated 1.8 liter four cylinder could out-accelerate a turbocharged 2.6 liter inline six making far more power.

As the turn rapidly approached, Sayuki began barking directions. The GT-R shifted in its line, setting up for an overtaking turn that would humiliate the EG6. At the entry point both cars hit the brakes, Shingo releasing quickly thanks to his light weight, Nakazato releasing at the same time to initiate his drift. The two cars screamed through the turn, water spray everywhere, and exited side by side.
“Can you keep up with my R?” Nakazato asked, taunting Shingo as he depressed the accelerator and pulled ahead thanks to his superior traction and power. The R32 pulled ahead and dove into the next corner, drifting through with ease. Shingo, full of despair, forced his EG6 to dive deep into the turn, but it was no use. His hot entry forced his car into understeer, and he watched in horror as his Civic missed the turn and plowed into the mud and muck on the side of the road.

Ryosuke swung the steering wheel sharply, sending the Impreza sliding past the Civic as it plunged off the road and down the steep embankment where the road doubled back on itself.
“Where did he go?” Keisuke asked, frantically looking through the windows to find the red hatchback. A sudden forceful application of the brakes by Ryosuke brought everyone's attention to the front, where Shingo's EG6 could be seen crashing into the road just before Nakazato's R32. The black Skyline turned to avoid the wrecked hatchback but the GT-R, as wide as it was, clipped the EG6 and sent the two cars straight into the wall. Ryosuke stopped the Impreza and the three ran over in the rain, afraid of what they would find.

“My GT-R spun out farther down the road than your EG6,” Nakazato was saying, carrying a pale Sayuki in his arms. Shingo pulled himself out of the mangled remains of his car, touched a hand to the blood that was flowing freely down his face from a cut across his forehead and shook his head.
“Are you alright?” Nakazato asked, looking down at Sayuki. She smiled weakly up at him and nodded.
“Mostly shock, but my ankle hurts,” she said, avoiding her eyes from the blood-soaked sock of her left foot.
“We'll get you to a hospital, don't worry,” Ryosuke said, handing Fujiwara the Impreza's keys.
“Take her to the hospital, and Shingo. Nakazato, are you hurt at all?” he asked, clearly concerned for the man. Takeshi sighed, looked up into the cloudy night sky and let the rain wash the grime and blood from his face as he stood there with his hands in his pockets.

“My GT-R will never drive again. The block is cracked, and the body is twisted badly. I want to thank you, Ryosuke, for your money and your efforts. I'm sorry that I failed to uphold your end of the bargain,” he said sorrowfully, but he gave a wry smile.
“At least I beat Shingo. The Night Kids are mine once more, although I don't know what they'll do with a leader that has no car.” He helped Sayuki into the Impreza, kissed her on the forehead, and then shut the door carefully before returning to Ryosuke.

“You did well for the chances you were given,” Ryosuke said, patting the man on the back. “As far as a car goes, I'm sure between the two of us, we can turn something up that would suit you,” Ryosuke offered. It was a large offer, but Ryosuke made it to clean his guilty conscience. Nakazato shook his head at the offer and reached out a shaking hand to touch one of the shattered carbon fiber fenders of the GT-R. He withdrew his hand quickly, hissing in pain.
“It cut me,” he said, looking at the blood that flowed from his fingers. “I had as much blood in this car as it did in me,” he said finally. “I could have treated my R much better than I did. What a pathetic end for such an incredible car,” he said, sucking his finger to stop the bleeding.

“I'll call Fumihiro and get a wrecker down here for your cars,” Ryosuke said, walking away with his cell phone. Keisuke walked up and looked from the mangled remains of the EG6 and the GT-R over to Nakazato and at the rapidly-diminishing Impreza as it accelerated downhill toward the hospital. Finally he held out his hand to shake Takeshi's.
“What's this for?” Nakazato asked suspiciously.
“Sympathy,” Keisuke replied. The two shook hands for a second and then stood there awkwardly, looking at the mess. Nakazato watched as a thick river of oil from the GT-R trickled through the rain on the pavement and touched his shoe before speaking again.

“I was worried for Sayuki,” he said. Keisuke stood silently for a few moments before replying in slow, carefully chosen words.
“My last girlfriend, I took her for a ride once and we spun out. She hated it, didn't want to go driving with me anymore and wanted me to stop, for her peace of mind. I couldn't, so we parted. I was afraid of that situation repeating when another girl showed interest in me, so I buried myself in Project D and pushed her away. Now I'm regretting that. I learned from your mistakes, Nakazato. Learn from mine,” he said, walking away to join his brother and a newly-arrived Fumihiro.

This post has been edited by thx712517 on Oct 17 2007, 07:05 PM
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 07:23 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

no, you killed the r32 sad.gif . another great chapter.
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 17 2007, 07:24 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I gotta break myself of that habit. This is the second fic in a row where one of the cars died. Maybe I should go after people, mwuhahaha. Just kidding. Almost nearing resolution, people!
Meteor
Posted: Oct 17 2007, 08:18 PM

R.I.P R32.

I hope Shingo learned his lesson this time around.
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 03:26 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

crying2.gif Poor R32.. well, keep it rolling. I wonder what bunta will say after he notices the scrapes in the Impreza's bumper..
Dan
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 06:59 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 24,971

Pray, if by Chance, If Project D or any tuner will restore the R32 by the next chapter, but will be more powerful and more agile than before, if by hope. pinch2.gif

And......Get Well Soon, Sayuki!
Nakazato and Sayuki make a good pair. smile.gif
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 08:58 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM)
I gotta break myself of that habit. This is the second fic in a row where one of the cars died. Maybe I should go after people, mwuhahaha. Just kidding. Almost nearing resolution, people!

its nothing too important imo, though car crashes are fun to read about. they do make stellar endings too.

imo shingo will never learn a lesson, hes a dirty racer at heart. he'll never rid himself of such acts when hes forced into a corner. he may feel sorry after hurting his eg6 but its a temporary fix.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 18 2007, 09:00 AM
Panda_86
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 04:45 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 27,036

A fanfic? Whoa!!! Its so well made, you can sit beside Shigeno, or submit this write up... perhaps, he can have these drawn... interpreting your story well is something fans can request for...

R32 got RIPed... wavecry.gif

many ID heroes got new cars eh!? Keisuke with his RE-tuned FD, and Tak (Takumi) a revving 20V 4AGE... what about an R33 or an R34 for Nakazato eh? wink2.gif

Keep it coming! w00t2.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 18 2007, 07:25 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Nakazato looked at the shattered remains of his R32 and sighed heavily. A destroyed car, an injured navigator, but Shingo had been defeated and the Night Kids were his once more. Pausing for a second he reached for his cell phone, but it had been crushed in the crash. He walked over to Fumihiro and borrowed his, making the call to one of the members at the top of Myogi.

“Shingo has been defeated.” The voice on the other line spoke with quiet certainty, and more than a hint of relief.
“The Night Kids are yours, Takeshi Nakazato.” Nakazato folded up the phone and handed it back to Fumihiro, and as he watched the wrecker winch the mangled remains of his R32 off the road, he shook his head.
“At what price?”

“So what did they say about your ankle?” Nakazato asked as he sat uncomfortably on the edge of his chair in the antiseptic hospital room.
“Twisted, with a shard of carbon fiber embedded in it,” Sayuki replied, shifting painfully on the bed to look at him better. “I guess I liked your car so much I wanted to keep a piece of it with me forever,” she said with a half-hearted chuckle before leaning back and closing her eyes.
“Are you in a lot of pain?” he asked, concerned for her.
“A decent amount. When I find Shingo I'm going to kill him for destroying your R32 and giving me this throbbing pain in my ankle. I won't be able to use the clutch for a month without crying,” she said in an irritated voice.

“Then I guess I should leave,” Shingo said, peeking around the curtain at her.
“You should! What the hell were you thinking of, ramming us the whole way down the mountain? That wasn't racing, that was a demolition derby,” she spat out, eyes narrowed in anger.
“I'm sorry,” he said, and the words sounded true enough. “Nakazato, I'm leaving the Night Kids. I don't deserve to race with your team after what I did.”
“Leave all you want, but you can't race anyway and neither can I. In case you didn't notice, you destroyed both our cars,” Nakazato said bitterly. Shingo tried to smile.
“Have you tried making an insurance claim?” he asked with a twisted laugh before leaving.

“Nakazato, can you afford a new car?” Sayuki asked after Shingo had left. He shook his head and laughed.
“I doubt it. I was able to sell some of the tuning parts off the R32, and the rest was sold for scrap. I don't have much money, Sayuki, so I doubt I'll have a car for a while.”
“What if I helped you?” she asked with a devious smile playing across her lips.
“What do you mean, help me?” he replied.
“Mako couldn't afford Impact Blue by herself. We worked together to afford the car, and I owned most of it. I gave her my share of the car, and she gave me some money in return. If we were to co-sign on a car, we could afford a decent platform. What do you think?” she asked, wincing slightly as her foot shifted in the bed.

“What did you have in mind?” he asked.
“Something truly monstrous. Something we could topple Project D with. Something Hoshino-san has intimate experience with,” she added. Nakazato felt a smile spreading slowly across his face as her hints struck home.
“You can't be serious. How could we afford one?”
“We'll work together and make it possible. What do you say? Are we going to go the distance?” she asked, sitting up in the bed to look at him seriously.
“How would we do it?” Nakazato asked, sitting lightly on the edge of her bed.
“We had the right idea, weight reduction. Project D has only come up against lightweight cars twice, once with the EA11R and again with the NA6C. Both were underpowered, and both fought against Takumi. Our target is the FD. If we can defeat one of the Takahashi Brothers of the Rotary Engine, then we'll be legends, remembered forever,” she said, leaning back once more and closing her eyes.
“Bring me some papers so I can check the classifieds, Nakazato. Let me use my time fully.”

“Takumi!” Bunta shouted up the stairs for the fifth time. The sleepy Fujiwara trudged downward and yawned loudly.
“What?” he asked.
“What the hell did you do to my car?” Bunta asked, his voice rising as anger threatened to break through his sleepy demeanor.
“What do you mean?” Takumi asked as he rubbed his eyes, confused. Bunta grabbed him by the shoulder and propelled him outside to where the Subaru sat and pointed at the front bumper.
“Scratches!”
“Huh. Did you hit something?” Takumi asked, slowly beginning to wake up.
“You drove it last. It left here clean, and now there are scratches on the bumper, with red paint in them. What did you hit?” The words 'red paint' jogged Takumi's memory, and one of his hands rose up to slap his forehead as it all came back to him.

“Ryosuke-san borrowed the Impreza to watch a downhill battle, with us as passengers. He tapped an EG6 to get it to stop crashing into the other racer. He was going to have it buffed out that night, but it was late. I told him he could do it later.”
“Who the hell is Ryosuke and why did you let him damage my car?” Bunta shouted. A soft cough sounded behind them, and as Takumi turned around he was shocked to see Ryosuke standing there with a heavy bag slung over his shoulder.

“Fujiwara-sama,” Ryosuke said, letting his bag down on the ground. Takumi glanced inside and saw, among other things, numerous cans of polishing compound, cloths, and a small electric buffer.
“Who are you?” Bunta asked in reply.
“My name is Takahashi Ryosuke. Takumi was kind enough to let me borrow your car last night, but in the heat of observing a particularly important battle, I unintentionally scratched your paint. I was going to repair it last night but Takumi was tired and needed sleep. I know you do your delivery runs at about this time, so I wanted to come by and repair the damage I've caused while Takumi ran the deliveries in the hachi-roku.” Bunta looked at Ryosuke with a quizical expression on his face before shaking his head and returning with the tofu. He placed it in the AE86's trunk and shut the hatch, then pulled out a chair and sat down in the alley across from the Impreza's damaged bumper and lit a cigarette.

Takumi looked from his mentor to his father and back again, gauging the situation. A perverse part of his mind wanted to see the spotless Ryosuke actually sit down on the ground and get dirty, but his sense of duty prevailed and he opened the Corolla's door and sat down inside. Bunta handed him a cup of water filled almost to the brim, then returned to his seat. Ryosuke watched intently as the AE86 started up, its engine stumbling at first because of the cold affecting the individual throttle bodies, but its idle cleared up quickly and the hachi took off, headed for Mt. Akina.

Ryosuke sat down on the ground and pulled his bag over. Opening it up, he set the numerous cans of polishing and buffing compound in a circle around him and pulled out the electric buffer. Bunta kicked over an extension cord, and Ryosuke set to work.
“Why were you driving my car?” Bunta asked.
“We were watching a battle between an R32 and an EG6. Myself, Fujiwara, and my brother Keisuke were in the Impreza, watching the battle up front rather than waiting for the end result,” Ryosuke replied as he cleaned out the wounded bumper.

“Do you often drive cars that don't belong to you?” Bunta prodded.
“No. I drive my FC and that's it, but with two seats, the three of us couldn't view the battle,” he replied, making sure all traces of debris had been removed.
“What made this battle so important?”
“It was important because I was responsible for it. I run a street racing team called Project D, which is why your Trueno looks the way it does now. Our goal is to set the fastest times on all the mountain passes in Japan in one year, and then retire as legends. We're almost done. Because time is getting more and more precious, I've been tempted to upgrade Takumi from the AE86 to an all wheel drive like your Impreza,” Ryosuke said as he gently began brushing on the first compound, using a soft cotton cloth to wipe away the red paint.

“Hmm,” Bunta replied, taking a puff of his cigarette.
“However, Takumi surprised me. He was able to drive the hachi-roku faster than he ever has before, and he said you were responsible for showing him what he called the Ultimate Line. I was also surprised when my mechanic and I had a look at some of the details of his engine,” Ryosuke said, standing up for a moment to stretch his legs. He looked at Bunta with a serious expression on his face, his eyes searching the older man for an explanation.
“How does an eighteen year old boy learn how to perfectly perform four wheel drift with minimal countersteer, and how does a Group A engine make its way under the hood of a tofu delivery car?” Ryosuke asked point blank.

“You should learn not to be so blunt,” Bunta replied, putting out his cigarette and leaning back in his chair. The wind blew down the alley, ruffling his hair as it passed through.
“I'd still like to know how an ordinary Corolla can be tuned to such perfection that it can defeat an FD and an R32 with its engine making only 150 HP. I've done my research in the old racing records, and there's no mention of you, yet your knowledge is incredible. There have been others we've battled with skill like yours, but they've been few and far between,” Ryosuke said, thinking back to the Gods and their highly-tuned AP1 and R34.

“I won't tell you,” Bunta replied.
“Then at least tell me how you got the engine,” Ryosuke pleaded.
“No.”
“What about this car? This Impreza has been tuned to perfection. When I drove it, it made me hesitant to return to my FC. I've never driven a car put together as well as your Impreza. You were able to tune the hachi-roku and the Impreza with such purity of balance. Who are you?” Ryosuke pressed. Bunta laughed and headed inside.
“Fix my bumper and we'll talk.” Ryosuke swore under his breath and applied all his efforts to the Impreza's bumper, muttering softly as the cold pavement seeped through his clothes and chilled him to the bone.

Takumi downshifted twice, blipping the throttle and enjoying the engine's willingness to rev. Whether it was just his imagination or a result of the new tune, the engine felt like it made more torque at lower RPMs, allowing him to initiate his drift slightly sooner and use his power to pick up more speed through the corner. It was this key difference in the engine's behavior that allowed him to shave more time from the hachi-roku's times running down Mt. Akina. The phantom Impreza was no longer in front of him, but instead the two cars, one real and one imagined, coexisted in the same space, following almost exactly the same line.

“Up to the apex both cars behave the same, but the corner exit is where the all wheel drive is superior. In order to defeat the Impreza, I need to enter the corner faster,” Takumi said out loud as he dove deeply into the next corner, holding off his braking until the very last moment. The hachi turned in sharply and drifted through, all four tires crying out for traction. He focused his eyes on the next corner and remembered the discovery he had made in the diner parking lot last night. Using a combination of the drift he had learned in the AWD Impreza and the one-handed steer of God Arm, he threw the AE86 through the corner and was rewarded with a gut-wrenching wave of g-forces as the car took a new line that only the hachi-roku could take, a line that put the phantom Impreza two car-lengths behind at the corner exit.

Beaming with happiness he tried it again, and once more it succeeded. The AE86 descended the mountain in record time, and was soon parked on the street in front of the Fujiwara Tofu Shop. Takumi exited the car and walked inside, surprised to see Ryosuke standing up to leave and Bunta smiling slightly. As the two passed in the door, Ryosuke put his hand on Takumi's shoulder for a moment and looked at him thoughtfully before leaving without a word. The FC could be heard starting up outside, and as the sound of the rotary retreated, Takumi looked at his father suspiciously.
“Why did Ryosuke-san act like that?” he asked.
“He wanted to know a little bit more about the Impreza, your hachi-roku, and my tuning abilities,” Bunta said.
“What did you tell him?” he asked.
“Maybe some day this Ryosuke will tell you,” Bunta replied, walking upstairs to his bed. Takumi shook his head, climbed the stairs, and went to sleep himself, Akina's curves and the AE86's new cornering power running through his dreams.

“It was just like you said it would be,” Nakazato said with a smile, helping Sayuki with her crutches. The two looked at the car as it sat on the showroom floor, black and ominous. The two drooled together over the muscular curves, the purposeful design, and the massive brakes. Kōzō Hoshino looked at the two and smiled.
“You've done well, Sayuki-chan. Quite a deal. Nakazato, when the paperwork is finished, bring it round to my home and I'll take it to my friends. They'll give you a more than fair price for what you need done,” he said, shaking Nakazato's hand before leaving the young couple to stare in admiration at their new purchase, a shining Black Pearl example of an R34 GT-R.
“Are you sure you don't want the Bayside Blue?” Nakazato asked, aware of the fact that it would make the R34 look similar to Sayuki's old Impact Blue.
“I'm sure,” she replied.
“With this car, and Hoshino's help, Project D will fall.”
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 07:37 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

blink.gif wat sort of battles are floating around in your head now? i wanna see how they go if possible. they sound too tantilizing to miss.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 18 2007, 07:39 PM
DK_2
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 07:37 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

S...S...So... EPIC!!!!! ZOMFG!! Your are officially the god of fanfic makers!! ohmy.gif
Meteor
Posted: Oct 18 2007, 08:15 PM

More chapters.

More chapters!

Please?
RickyDGreat
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 07:07 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

aww this is great, i must know what Bunta told Ryoske I must i tell you crying2.gif

keep up the good work fear2.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 4