Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Drifting into You

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  « 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 204,898  ·  Replies: 127 
> Initial D Complete Series + Movies 480p,720p,1080p, Complete Initial D & Wangan Midnight series.
darkdream787
  Posted: Feb 7 2023, 12:25 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,164

Initial D Legend movies 1-3 are now available for download.
darkdream787
  Posted: Feb 10 2023, 07:16 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 50,164

The complete 1080p higher quality (V2) bundle is now uploaded and available for download.

Enjoy!

--------------- Improvements in the V2 release include these. ---------------

(First Stage)
Episodes 1-13 are about the same as last time, but with a little detail improvement in lines, and some other areas. They also have a more clean looking image.
Episodes 14-26 have been improved a bit more than 1-13 detail wise. The lines are not smudged out, or thinned as much as last time. They also have a more clean looking image.
I fixed the small amount of leftover combing artifacts in the chroma for the couple episodes that actually had any.
I synced and used the 5.1 lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the Japanese audio source this time, instead of using the 2.0 Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. I also added about 2.3K more video bitrate.

(Second Stage)
I improved this a lot compared to the old release. I put my old encodes to shame without a doubt.
I fixed a lot of the combing/interlacing issues that caused smeared looking lines in the previous encodes. I went through frame by frame for hours, and gave them special treatment where possible. The lines and details for most of the video are very much improved as a result of this. You can see examples, and detailed information about it in my forum.
I improved the overall detail, increased the overall image a little with less cropping, and reduced the artifacts much better.
I synced and used the 5.1 lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the Japanese audio source this time, instead of using the 2.0 Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. I also added about 2.3K more video bitrate.

(Third Stage)
I fixed the chroma issue that was in my older release. I was using a new filter for the first time, and didnt notice the side effects in chroma until about 2 projects later. I fixed those projects, and am now fixing my Initial D projects.
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also improved the detail slightly more with a better made script.
I synced and used the lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the audio source this time, instead of the Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. I also added about 2.5K more video bitrate.

(Fourth Stage)
I fixed the chroma issue that was in my older release. I was using a new filter for the first time, and didnt notice the side effects in chroma until about 2 projects later. I fixed those projects, and am now fixing my Initial D projects.
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also reduced the artifacts/banding better, and toned down the oversharpness a bit.
I synced and used the 5.1 lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the Japanese audio source this time, instead of the 2.0 Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. I also added about 2K more video bitrate.

(Fifth Stage)
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also improved the detail slightly more with a better made script, reduced the artifacts/banding better, toned down the oversharpness a bit, and fixed the outer rim of the video around the border instead of cropping it off as much.
I also raised the audio bitrate from 576kbps to 640kbps, and added about 2K more video bitrate.

(Final Stage)
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also improved the detail slightly more with a better made script, reduced the artifacts/banding better, and fixed the outer rim of the video that was a single pixel wide dark line and a line of haloing all the way around the border.
I also raised the audio bitrate from 576kbps to 640kbps, and added about 2K more video bitrate.

(Battle Stage)
This is about the same as last time, but with a little detail improvement in lines, and some other areas. It also has a more clean looking image.
I synced and used the 5.1 lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the Japanese audio source this time, instead of using the lossy 5.1 Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. The voices, and music are better mixed in the audio channels of the Blu-Ray audio. I also added about 2.3K more video bitrate.
I improved the positioning of my subtitles so they are not over top of the Japanese text anymore, and are easier to read. I also added an updated translation as an additional subtitle track.

(Battle Stage 2)
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also improved the detail slightly more with a better made script, reduced the artifacts/banding better, and toned down the oversharpness a bit.
The audio is 640kbps instead of 576kbps like last time. I also added about 1.3K more video bitrate.

(Extra Stage)
This is about the same as last time, but with minor detail improvement from a better script. It is also very slightly more sharp.
I synced and used the 5.1 lossless audio from the Japanese Blu-Ray for the Japanese audio source this time, instead of using the lossy 2.0 Japanese audio from the DVD like last time. I also added about 1.3K more video bitrate.
I improved the positioning of my subtitles, and changed a couple lines styling.

(Extra Stage 2)
I not only fixed the chroma issue I intended to fix and the reason for doing the V2, but I also improved the detail slightly more with a better made script, reduced the artifacts/banding better, and toned down the oversharpness a bit.
The audio is 640kbps instead of 576kbps like last time. I also added about 1.3K more video bitrate.
I improved the positioning of my subtitles, and changed a couple lines styling.

This post has been edited by darkdream787 on Feb 12 2023, 11:07 PM
Import_Lexus
Posted: Mar 3 2023, 12:42 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

Man, this is honestly amazing!
I was initially ignoring this thread since I have the DVDs all bought from Tokyo Pop and Funimation, however recently I was watching them and went onto watching 3rd stage and forth stage from funimation and was reminded about the stupid letterbox issue they did on the dvds which makes it miserable to watch.

Your release however, damn....puts funimation release to shame!
Currently watching 4th stage and it's such an upgrade over the dvd.

Thanks so much for this! Simply superb!

The only think that would make this A+++ if if stage 1 and 2 had the tokyo pop english audio also for us who actually enjoyed the tokyo pop dub haha.

But yeah, overall amazing!

6 Pages  « 4 5 6