Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Midnight Sanctuary

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 8,580  ·  Replies: 2 
> UPDATE: ALL LISTENERS PLEASE READ!!
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 15 2013, 09:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

In our ongoing battle against the forces of evil which try to DoS and crash our radio, we have made some important changes to our radio configuration. Unfortunately, one such change necessitated a reset of all radio bookmarks. As such, you may have already noticed that your existing bookmark to IDW Radio--if, like me, you used one--no longer functions correctly. The fix is to download the new PLS file by clicking on the radio banner and updating your bookmark. Real easy stuff. cool.gif

We just didn't want people who connect out of habit to suddenly be confused when their stream didn't open. So if you're one of those folks who came here looking for an answer to your radio going silent, there you go. Click above, grab the new PLS, rejoice!

I'd tell DJs to notify their listeners of the change...but to hear such an announcement said listeners would already have to be connected. Moot point. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jun 16 2013, 06:36 AM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Maybe we can put a notice next to the radio banner. I'll see if I can get into contact with Perry about that. Thank you for the update Master N1! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Jun 16 2013, 06:36 AM
Perry
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 11:36 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Yesterday, 7:36 AM)
Maybe we can put a notice next to the radio banner. I'll see if I can get into contact with Perry about that. Thank you for the update Master N1! smile.gif

The concern was for the people who downloaded the .pls file to their computer then find out one day the radio doesn't work anymore, however they don't bother to check the forums or the site to find out what happened to the radio. That was the concern. If they actually come to forums and see the radio banner, then naturally they will re-download the .pls without even thinking about it.

So the challenge is to get the messages to those who doesn't frequent the forums or the site.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project