Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Rich Hard - On Your Wings

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,494  ·  Replies: 9 
> Biggest regrets
umustwait101
  Posted: Dec 21 2018, 06:31 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

If there was one thing in your life you regretted and could do over, what would it be?

Has to be something you actually had a chance of changing the outcome to. So, things like being born a woman, picking the next lottery ticket, etc. are out.

To get everyone's noggins thinking, if I were to answer this question, I wouldn't actually have an answer. For me, with just about everything that has happened in my life so far, while I may not like the outcome, but given a chance to do it over, I would probably do exactly the same thing.

And having said that, I'm about to confess to the girl I like and have been seeing for almost half a year now. I let you all know if that turns out to be my biggest regret.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Dec 21 2018, 09:55 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

so far mine has been related to my grand mother. when she was in hospital for the last 3 weeks she was around. i only saw her once and couldn't really find what to say or do too much. it was a first for me but i also had the opportunity to see her a week later and decided to turn it down thinking she'd get better. a week or so later she passed on and that is one thing i doubt id forget.
umustwait101
  Posted: Dec 22 2018, 05:33 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 7 hours, 37 minutes ago)
so far mine has been related to my grand mother. when she was in hospital for the last 3 weeks she was around. i only saw her once and couldn't really find what to say or do too much. it was a first for me but i also had the opportunity to see her a week later and decided to turn it down thinking she'd get better. a week or so later she passed on and that is one thing i doubt id forget.

You know what, don't beat yourself up. I, too, had an opportunity to see my friend a week before he had a brain aneurysm and died. I wouldn't have ever thought he would die so suddenly.

Then, there was an older lady who was dying from cancer. My brother and I went to visit her, but we couldn't really find much to say neither. It didn't click, until I was leaving, that that might've been the last time I would be able to converse with her. Turns out, it was.

With my own grandma, she also died one sunny morning. Just ate breakfast, my mom helped her into bed, and that was that. I was at work when it happened. Though, my grandma had Alzheimers, and couldn't even really talk anymore, in hindsight, I would've wanted to spend more time with her. She always had a huge smile whenever she saw me, though she always mistook me for someone else - first, it was her son, then her brother, then her dad or uncle. It was actually pretty sad, watching her go back in time.

Finally, just a week ago, my other friend who has 4th stage cancer celebrated his, probably, last birthday. It was a huge party. I didn't really even get to talk to him much. Also regret not spending more time with him, because I ended up getting drunk and just talking with random people.

There's a quote from the Great Gatsby that comes back every now and then: at the end of the book, the protagonist asks this man about the Great Gatsby, and the man says that he tries to do as much for the person while the person is alive. After the person dies, he forgets about that person. While it may seem cold, it does makes sense. A person can only receive or appreciate what you do for him or her when he or she is alive. So, when they are alive is when it is time to be nice. When they pass on, then at that point, it doesn't really matter what you do. Though you may beat yourself up, it's probably best to just move on.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Dec 22 2018, 11:02 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (207 @ Today, 1:55 AM)

My grandmother was in and out of the hospital from health complications in the last year of her life, not helped much by doctors that didn't want to anecdotally treat her as an individual case and instead trying to generalize her symptoms and herself. Her last month or so was spent at home where she was on the recovery path and doing much better than she had ever been in the past year, until one day she had breathing troubles and died from heart failure as a result.

About a month from that day, I was watching the third episode of the Kancolle anime where one of the characters drove a point to another about "If you have something to say to someone, say it now, don't wait until tomorrow", in an episode where one of the characters got killed off at the end. I thought about that, and thought about apologizing to my grandmother for accidentally breaking one of her ceramics when I was younger.

But of course what did I do, or rather, what did I *not* do?

Anyway, I have other regrets, but it's just petty or mundane shit. Like saying there'll be a "next time" on getting Tony Hawk's autograph when he and a bunch of other pro skaters/bikers came to the local skate park, which of course never happened again. Or telling someone I loved them when they were really were just a waste of my goddamn time and energy in the end and made the whole "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved again" sound like a loser's consolation prize. Or not braving the dirty crowds of AX just to see some iM@S seiyuus that are a rare sight in North American shows.

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Dec 22 2018, 11:08 AM
Posted: Dec 26 2018, 09:55 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

It's a big regret but I don't beat myself up with such worries. It only lasted 1 week after she passed but I still wont forget the last time i saw her though that sentiment of not having more contact still is in the background.

xiao
Posted: Dec 30 2018, 04:23 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I think the only thing to regret .. is regret itself ! sorcerer.gif 🍥

& this coming from someone that's made a lot of FLAGRANT mistakes in his life ~

Just keep looking forward & don't make those mistakes again .. and if you do .. forgive yourself & forgive those that've hurt you

Get up & keep going .. have you ever seen birds fly with their heads turned backwards ? user posted image 🕊
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
rpgworldin
Posted: Sep 11 2019, 09:22 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,197

Not telling girl I loved about my feelings, maybe we had chance who knows...
ninomagu90
  Posted: Sep 12 2019, 12:06 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,198

I had good chance to learn coding back in university, I missed that opportunity.
umustwait101
  Posted: Feb 24 2022, 09:46 PM

Osaka-kun

Coding is overrated. For those who naturally are attracted to it, it's a dream career. For everyone else who don't necessarily care about coding as a passion, it's a constant struggle. Recently, it's become an even bigger issue as lots of people have picked it up, making entry level jobs just about impossible to land for those starting out.

I can totally relate about not telling the girl I had a crush on my feelings. In the long run, I think it's fine because that was back in school and we've both probably changed a lot since then. Heck, I probably didn't even know her for real at the time since I never talked to her.

Though, now, my biggest regret is losing my virginity to my first real girlfriend, who ended up not being my wife. I had a thought that I may be making a mistake at the time, but time will tell how big of a mistake it turns out to be.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Feb 24 2022, 09:49 PM
jznsn2u
Posted: May 3 2023, 07:31 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,491

I sold off my R33 GTR when I was stationed in Germany. I kinda regret it.