Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA-

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,551  ·  Replies: 125 
> Bucket Seats, Do you appreciate having one?
djmisio85
  Posted: Aug 3 2008, 04:41 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,346

Ok, I just watched the episode where Bunta says hes going to need a bucket seat in the car due to him using his legs too much to support his body inside the car.

Iv experienced this a lot. With my first car, I didnt have bucket seats (obviously), and to be honest, I didnt know that they would make such a difference, as I naturally used my legs inside the car to support my body in tight turns. Often I would hold onto the seat on the inside with one hand, and use my outside arm to steer.

I then bought my lanevo, obviously with bucket seats, very supportive ones at that. I drove the car, and I didnt have to use my legs/arm in hard turns at all, but I didnt realise that I wasnt using my body and how much of a difference the seats were making .

Then I drove a normal again for one reason or another, obviously without bucket seats, and "that" was when I reaslised, it was the bucket seat.... Thats why, even when going very fast, I didnt have to support my body with my legs or arm in any way....

I appreciate my bucket seats so much, because any other car I drive, and I dont even have to drive fast, I always use my legs in any corner, slow or fast. Bucket seats are the best apxrock.gif

What are everyones opinions on bucket seat grin2.gif

This post has been edited by djmisio85 on Aug 3 2008, 04:42 AM
EA99
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 06:04 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

I'm going to have to agree, With the MR2 being shaped to the driver + passenger you basically use your knees on the middle dash or door to support yourself, otherwise you get flung around like a doll! Would love them but wouldn't want to remove comfort for an already harsh ride!
Spaz
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 06:59 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Yeah, it's something I'm looking into for autox... the best thing you can really do without them is pull that seatbelt just a tad bit tighter.

I rode in my friend's Evo on a run and didn't go anywhere with the buckets and the 5-point.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Cappuccino, 2 sugars
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 04:27 PM

Laugh Now, Laugh Later

Member No.: 28,161

bucket seats are awesome. it just gets annoying doing non racing things like going to the mall and having to strap in lol. you forgot the other good thing about them though...picking up a girl who is wearing a skirt + bucket seat = giggity! shifty2.gif
The Stig
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 06:14 PM

Srsly I'm the Stig?

Member No.: 11,448

Bucket seats are awesome. When I had my Evo 9 I was gripped by the Recaros. And since my 2.5RS has leather seats, I really have to brace myself when tracking the car for fear of flying out of it.
GRiP_GAME
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 09:06 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,846

What the hell is a lanevo.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 10:30 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

I love my factory Recaros with a passion. Believe it or not, I'd prefer these over any other seats I've been in for DAILY DRIVING (at least while I'm still young), seeing how I have a tendency to slump sideways in non-bucket seats. But once you consider the way it hugs you through corners, it's all over.

It's funny that I found this thread, since I utilized the bolsters pretty well last night. Going toward Newport Beach, there is an onramp from the 73 South to the 55 South that is a 270 degree turn. Last night, I was driving a friend (who was drunk and passed out), and going into the onramp I downshifted to third gear (and I was right in the sweet spot of the rev range) and jumped on the throttle. We were both supported very well, though my friend's lifeless head swung to the left while his BlackBerry phone shot out of his hand and flung onto my lap. I'm not crazy/dumb enough to do any tricks in my daily driver on a freeway onramp, but we were hauling ass through it (enough to make my lady friend following us in her Mustang get completely left behind), putting me right at the top of third gear (75-80 mph) by the exit of the onramp.

I love these!

user posted image
The Stig
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 11:10 AM

Srsly I'm the Stig?

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (GRiP_GAME @ Today at 9:06 AM)
What the hell is a lanevo.

Lancer Evolution. Commonly shorted to LanEvo.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 11:31 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Cappuccino, 2 sugars @ Yesterday at 7:27 PM)
you forgot the other good thing about them though...picking up a girl who is wearing a skirt + bucket seat = giggity! shifty2.gif

Yeah, I could see that being a plus.

Of course, the only times my ex wore a skirt in my car (or ever, for that matter), it was to utilize its... advantages... anyway. grin2.gif
EA99
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 11:36 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

QUOTE (Cappuccino @ 2 sugars,Yesterday at 8:27 AM)
picking up a girl who is wearing a skirt + bucket seat = giggity!  shifty2.gif

LOL, thats why you always open your door for the ladies laugh.gif Works especially when you drive a car which is low enough to have to climb into and not high enough to just jump in/out of!

edit: haha my gf always wears mini skirts sad.gif UBER SADFACE! Why? because 294459439843 guys also check her out when i'm out with her crying2.gif

This post has been edited by EA99 on Aug 4 2008, 11:37 AM
GRiP_GAME
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 11:41 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Xcert @ Today at 11:10 AM)
Lancer Evolution. Commonly shorted to LanEvo.

Never heard that term before. We just call them EVOs down here. Or econoboxes. tongue.gif
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 01:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (GRiP_GAME @ Today at 12:41 PM)
Never heard that term before. We just call them EVOs down here. Or econoboxes. tongue.gif

Don't worry, "Lan Evo" is a diminutive usually only used in Japan anyway.
GRiP_GAME
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 01:31 PM

IDW Senior Member

Interesting.

Is that yours in the avatar? Looks nice.
Ramaj
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 02:28 PM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

alot of cars come when some form of bucket seats now anyways. it's a pretty standard thing to do for the driver anyways. of course, if you're fat, every seat is a bucket seat ;_;

but yeah, they do help. although at times they can be annoying. like if you have something in your pocket and the padding crushes it into your hips and you are getting poked. owies ;_;
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 02:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (GRiP_GAME)
Is that yours in the avatar? Looks nice.

Yes, thank you.

QUOTE (Ramaj)
alot of cars come when some form of bucket seats now anyways. it's a pretty standard thing to do for the driver anyways. of course, if you're fat, every seat is a bucket seat ;_;

but yeah, they do help. although at times they can be annoying. like if you have something in your pocket and the padding crushes it into your hips and you are getting poked. owies ;_;

No, I still wouldn't say that a lot of cars come with "some form" of bucket seats. Some might have some things that look like shrunken bolsters but they still aren't buckets. But I agree about how sometimes they can be annoying, like if I'm wearing pants that aren't very loose since the way the bolsters are, it'll force my wallet right under my ass cheek... but that's usually fixed by putting my wallet in the cupholder or something.
Kazuki
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 03:08 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,623

speaking of bunta using his leg to support his body, I didn't quite understand exactly what he ment till I found out my little 1200cc bug could take a certian on ramp loop at over 55mph (speed limit of the onramp is 25mph) the car would slightly slide through the ramp, but the force pushed me so hard against the side, that I had to use my leg so I didn't get forced against the door of my car.

I would like a set of nice bucket seats in my 280z, but I'm too broke, so the stock. They are bucket seats I suppose, but they're so ratty and torn up that it sucks.
Thereno
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 05:56 PM

Vote TheReno 2020

Member No.: 17,243

The bucket seats in my RSX are nice, but they do become a real pain when I do stuff like drive a couple hundred miles on a straight highway. Hurts my legs. To be honest, I loved the barcalounger in my old Caddy. That thing was sweet. Nothing like hitting the cruise control and backing that thing up and being able to stretch my legs out.
garrethking
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 04:50 AM

DJ G²

Member No.: 30,296

I wouldn't mind having them, except for the fact i have a Camry sad.gif Don't think they would look good in that.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 06:26 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (garrethking @ Today at 7:50 AM)
I wouldn't mind having them, except for the fact i have a Camry  sad.gif  Don't think they would look good in that.

Dude, the right bucket seats look good in anything. If you drive in a manner that would normally require them, you might as well put them in.

I'm personally trying to find a good way to be able to swap my stock seat and a bucket out easily. I, being both in Iowa and college, spend a decent amount of time on the highway (like, 50% of my time on the road per month), but I really have a hard time justifying not having them for autox. I'll see how the G's change when I pick up front and rear tower bars, and go from there.

This post has been edited by cmspaz on Aug 5 2008, 06:27 AM
garrethking
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:32 AM

DJ G²

Member No.: 30,296

I plan on getting a Skyline or Silvia soon, maybe I'll get some then. Also wouldn't they be annoying when getting in and out of the car?
Spaz
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:55 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (garrethking @ Today at 10:32 AM)
I plan on getting a Skyline or Silvia soon, maybe I'll get some then. Also wouldn't they be annoying when getting in and out of the car?

They aren't so bad, if you're larger, you might have a few more issues. I had no problem with the seats in my friend's Evo.

Also, I wouldn't have to worry about my back seats when I have the buckets in, as I remove my interior from the front seats back when I autox anyway. Every little bit helps to loosen up that ass end.
Fused
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 01:55 PM

/IDW/ Spartan Driver

Member No.: 22,506

Motorised leather seats with 3" perpendicular bolsters, who needs a bucket tongue.gif
Möbius
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:35 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Cappuccino, 2 sugars @ Aug 3 2008, 08:27 PM)
bucket seats are awesome. it just gets annoying doing non racing things like going to the mall and having to strap in lol. you forgot the other good thing about them though...picking up a girl who is wearing a skirt + bucket seat = giggity! shifty2.gif

Racing harnesses I think are illegal in most places. sad.gif
Spaz
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:55 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Today at 10:35 PM)
Racing harnesses I think are illegal in most places. sad.gif

Care to explain the logic behind outlawing safety? I might be missing something.

Also, quite ruining our fun. We like our womens, dammit. yucky.gif

This post has been edited by cmspaz on Aug 5 2008, 07:57 PM
Fused
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 08:35 PM

/IDW/ Spartan Driver

Member No.: 22,506

properly fitting harnesses requires a harness-bar attached to the roll cage, rollcages generally require certifying (and im not talking the uncertifiable bolt-in cages)

6 Pages  1 2 3 »