Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Wain L - Don't You Wanna Be Free

Views: 3,494  ·  Replies: 7 
> Alarm wiring help
SmGy
  Posted: Aug 11 2010, 02:22 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,620

I had to install a new ignition switch in my Honda and I have to reconnect the alarm.

Now I've made the necessary cuts into the ignition switch going by how my old one looks, I just can't remember which wires went to which and this diagram doesn't really help (wiring isn't my strong suite).

user posted image

The ones circled in red I've got done already, and I'm pretty sure I know where the yellow goes, but the two reds are the ones I'm a bit confused about.

Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness

These three are the ones I had to cut into, but on the relay you see in that diagram one of the wires that connect to the starter wire has the insulation cut away in the middle of it and one of the wires were connected to it, but I just can't remember which one.

Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 13 2010, 08:01 AM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

Ok, I am not sure if I am getting this right, so bear with me...

The relay is what controls the starter signal, right?

That means that the wire that you circled with red markings does not only have the insulation cut away, it should be cut completely. I assume that's how the alarm system cuts the starter in case it goes off.

Other than that, it should be :

Left side red = constant battery, I would be connecting this directly to the battery since the circuit is fused already in that line. You could connect it to the white wire on the ignition switch harness, but I don't know how much load that'll handle.

Bottom Yellow = I would venture a guess at connecting this to the Black/White, but any switched +12VDC will work ( +12VDC that only comes on if key is turned ).

Right side red = Black/Yellow on ignition harness.

Hope this helps, ask if you have any more questions.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SmGy
  Posted: Aug 13 2010, 02:23 PM

IDW God Member

The ones circled in red are also on the relay and they connect to the cut starter wire (you may not have been able to see the wires in the diagram due to my bad circling skills, sorry.) I was also thinking that left red wire goes to the white wire as well, because the way I had it connected a few days ago was:

Red wire on relay - White wire on ignition switch (someone on HT told me to do this)

Other two wires on relay - connected to both sides of the cut black/white starter wire

Yellow wire - Black/Yellow

Left red wire - cut wire on relay

When I reconnected my battery, the car would start fine but the alarm wasn't recieving any power, I knew this right away because every time I'd have to reconnect the battery for something the alarm would go off and this time it didn't.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 05:49 AM

IDW Top Poster

Can you take pics by any chance?

I am having a hard time picturing this... Especially the part about the relay, there should be 4 wires connected to it, but which ones are they, and where did they use to go?
SmGy
  Posted: Aug 14 2010, 02:14 PM

IDW God Member

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3015/photo0502.jpg

White/Black and Black wires on the relay go to the cut starter wire

The left red wire in that diagram is the red wire at the top of this image, yellow is next to it (hard to see).

Sorry for the bad image quality, had to take it with my cellphone.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 15 2010, 05:06 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (SmGy @ Yesterday, 5:14 PM)
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3015/photo0502.jpg

White/Black and Black wires on the relay go to the cut starter wire

The left red wire in that diagram is the red wire at the top of this image, yellow is next to it (hard to see).

Sorry for the bad image quality, had to take it with my cellphone.

OK, it sounds like for sure the red wire from the relay is supposed to connect to black/yellow on ignition switch harness.

Pretty much confirmed what I posted before. cool.gif
SmGy
  Posted: Aug 15 2010, 04:36 PM

IDW God Member

EDIT: It worked w00t2.gif ! Thank you Apex, I really do appreciate the help. I should have came here first instead of asking on H-T and being given the wrong information.

This post has been edited by SmGy on Aug 16 2010, 05:24 AM
Möbius
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 05:52 AM

IDW Top Poster

Happy to be of assistance, and I am glad it worked out. smile.gif