Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Michiko Neya & Yumi Kakazu - Impact BLUE

Views: 2,304  ·  Replies: 10 
> Hey New Guy Here!, I Need Some Help!!!
Grunge
  Posted: Aug 8 2003, 04:38 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 611

Hey guys
I'm new to the whole InitialD thing... i jus started playin the game and i've cleared myogi pretty quickly but i'm havin a tough time with the other stages... heres my problem: turning on hairpins. its killin me and i wanna finish this game and challenge someone but i knoe i'll lose on any level but myogi. my question is: do u have any suggestions or techniques i can use? that would be a great help 2 me. and if u have any other things i should knoe about some things, i'd love 4 u 2 add that in. thanx.

PS i drive a Subaru Impreza WRX (GC8V)

-question: how do i get an aura? and how many wins does it take 2 increase my battle level?

Kev
Posted: Aug 8 2003, 07:26 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 571

Hey, Welcome to the forums.

The problem is, your not drifting. I bet what your doing is holding the accelerator and turning the wheel all the way. In most games, that would work but initial d is a unique type of racing game. If you want to drift you can do either of the following:

Let go of the accelerator for a seccond then when you initiate the drift you can hold the accel again and keep turning

Hold the brakes (this is a bit slower) while holding the accel and keep turning.

Shift down a gear and let go of the accel for a sec and keep turning.

Let go of accel, tap the brakes for a second then hold accel and keep turning (this is what i do and its workin pretty damn well)

On REALLY sharp hairpins (this will not come until the next stage) you might have to shift down a gear (or two) while doing the above technique of drifting.

P.S. this should go in the gaming forum
Grunge
  Posted: Aug 8 2003, 10:21 AM

Shmuck

sorry dude, i didn't knoe they had a separate section... i'm new sad.gif
Kev
Posted: Aug 8 2003, 11:03 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

No problem. Hey indy or perry, move this to the right forum.
Perry
Posted: Aug 8 2003, 11:30 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

smile.gif

* Topic Moved *
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Grunge
  Posted: Aug 8 2003, 02:18 PM

Shmuck

it was that easy?!? SWEET DUDE!!

now i got another question: what are the tuning upgrades 4 my GC8V?
Grunge
  Posted: Aug 8 2003, 03:20 PM

Shmuck

Edited by Indecisive: Please keep consecutive posts together. if you forget to put something in your post..just click the "edit" button at the top right of the post you just made and add it in.
Woffle
Posted: Aug 8 2003, 04:09 PM

/b/lackup

Member No.: 382

did u look wen u chose ur option?
Indecisive
Posted: Aug 8 2003, 04:22 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

1) yes it IS that easy..hahahah

2)...I hate you...damn you people and your nice cars..hahahaha j/k. post some pix of your impreza man. and sorry..I dunno wut upgrades.

3) welcome to the boards. if you have any questions or comments post them in the "comments and questions" forum or Private Message either Perry or Myself and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

~*MOVED TOPIC TO WELCOME FORUM*~
Grunge
  Posted: Aug 8 2003, 07:02 PM

Shmuck

yes i did but there were no options and i was told there are some upgrades but i haven't heard the whole story
Toshi
Posted: Aug 9 2003, 01:32 AM

Crash Test Dummy

Member No.: 309

all the upgrade on buntas wrx type r gc8v are performance upgrade like oil change etc...this car turns into a monster cause each upgrade goes to truning or speed it is also the 3 fastest in the game! Just keep gettin points and thatll turn into a beater! BTW i have one with a lot of points it s a greta car...but if you want to get tuning stuff like aero parts get either a spirit r mazda rx7 or a toyota trueno gt apex...or be cheap and get a integra your choice get one of those cars b4 you go with the wrx to get more satisfaction also check out the arcade forum section we have here