Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Leslie Parrish - Save Me

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,925  ·  Replies: 10 
> Takumi, ... turned into a one legged alcoholic?
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 5 2021, 04:44 AM

Grand Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,288

Hello ID community.

I have been reading that Shuichi Shingeno ended initial D with takumi going undefeated and beating a 13 year old driving a stock 86 cabrio while drifting backwards over the finish line with a blown engine.

Is that really how the series ended?

No Bunta vs Takumi race to show who would reign supreme in Akina?

Was it also ever established why RY never reached the levels of takumi or keisuke when he should have clearly been the superior driver due to his above average IQ?

Also what are these reports coming in that Shuichi Shingeno started a new X-rated series called Mother Fucking Ghost, where Takumi moved to the UK, became a rally driver then crashed and broke his leg forever because he was under the influence of alcohol.

He then took another 13 year old Child, who drives a GT86 in a future world where Tesla's drive everyone around?

Is that really how this series ended?

Kind regards,

vayneblade
Posted: Mar 5 2021, 06:08 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,352

So, a lot to upack on this one. I can't comment on the MF Ghost stuff since I have not had the opportunity to look into it but I will address the initial d stuff. This will be fast and dirty since I'm on module and I won't go into speculation or conjecture.

So the final battle: Takumi's opponent was young, yes, but 18 not thirteen. The team Sidewinder was a master a data collection and the showdown with Project d was something they saw as inevitable so against Takumi, they thought their best chance was to find someone who was just like Takumi but for their home course. During the battle Takumi notices how Shinji reminds him of how he was a year ago and using that ideal he is able to prey on the kid's battle inexperience to overcome.

Afterwards, it's pretty clear the team is done racing. Keiske has offers from professional teams and Takumi (in the Anime) is seen in the credits at an event talking to a drift team. An orange GT86 also makes an appearance at the very end possible foreshadowing the future but that's unknown, especially since this all came out at the end of 2013, mid 2014.

In that vien, regarding Ryoske, he did do a fair amount of professional driving during his White Comet days, which is briefly alluded to during first stage and in second in the lead up to introducing Koyichi's Lan Evo team. His lone wolf behavior and his ideas regarding a theory for the fastest driver has him create the Red Sun's street team to seek out talent that exceeds his own on the mountain, which was phase of of Project Dream. He became over time a coach. He prefred in the end to be a talent scout basically. He still had more than enough skill based on his final battle with the Grim reaper but his preference lay with teaching than doing.

Bunta never raced his son for the sheer fact that it was known that he would win. He didn't have the ego to prove that but with the beginning of ep5 of fourth stage and the fact that it's established that he's good friends with Keiichi Tsuchiya, he didn't need the validation nor I think did we.

I hope that answered most of the questions.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 5 2021, 06:46 AM

Grand Wizard

Thank you for the quick fire breakdown!

It would be good to hear more about the MF Ghost series as it is rather interesting when writers decide to switch genres and write something outside of their norm.

So Ryosuke by the time of Project D was not active anymore as a racer, but still had enough skill to beat the devil R32.

Was it ever established why Shuichi Shingeno started introducing religious themes in Initial D?

I tapped out when Takumi found jesus and he kept having angel wings on his vehicle. That was very similar to the fast and the furious franchise, where instead of racing as the main theme, action heroes took over.

This was a very interesting project I must say, the series was superb up until the season 3 movie.

Kind regards,
Meteor
Posted: Mar 5 2021, 04:13 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

There's no religious themes in Initial D, those angel wings are just something Japanese stories tend to throw in for fanciness. Still misplaced as hell in Initial D though.

As for all the stuff that happened after Fourth Stage:
.Shigeno was running out of ideas
.The Project D stuff was getting old
.Page counts for the chapters got shorter (either because of Shigeno or because of the magazine it was published in), so things felt even more dragged out
The Kanagawa arc amounted to some incredibly boring races where Project D didn't have to do anything interesting to win, and Takumi pretty much just started teleporting. Then Shigeno threw in a dark past for Ryousuke out of nowhere in an attempt to make things interesting again. Can't say I was a fan of that, but some people liked it I guess.
One more uninteresting opponent for Keisuke later, Shigeno managed to make a decent race happen again by having Takumi race someone who's just no-drift Takumi. Then the series ended either because Shigeno was done or because the publisher gave it the axe.

Shigeno tried a bunch of non-racing stories afterwards and they were all short-lived, so he went back to cars with MF Ghost. It's not much better than what the last bits of Initial D had to offer.
As for Takumi's presence in MFG, it amounts to nothing more than a single chapter where his face isn't even shown. He was a rally driver, crashed because of a random mechanical failure, then stopped racing and happened to be a racing instructor for the lead character at one point. All of this is just told to the reader by other characters. A lot of people lost all interest once this happened.
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Mar 11 2021, 11:38 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 5 2021, 07:44 PM)
Hello ID community.

I have been reading that Shuichi Shingeno ended initial D with takumi going undefeated and beating a 13 year old driving a stock 86 cabrio while drifting backwards over the finish line with a blown engine.

Was it also ever established why RY never reached the levels of takumi or keisuke when he should have clearly been the superior driver due to his above average IQ?

Also what are these reports coming in that Shuichi Shingeno started a new X-rated series called Mother Fucking Ghost, where Takumi moved to the UK, became a rally driver then crashed and broke his leg forever because he was under the influence of alcohol.

He then took another 13 year old Child, who drives a GT86 in a future world where Tesla's drive everyone around?

Kind regards,

In addition to what everyone else has said...

Bunta did race Takumi in Fourth Stage. Although he had an advantage because he was driving the Impreza at that time. Even if the situation were reversed and Takumi had learned everything after Final Stage, it still wouldn't make a difference. It's widely known that Bunta is the absolute top tier driver in the series.

Ryosuke has the IQ, but not the raw talent of Takumi or Keisuke. This is the whole point of making Project.D, so he can use his "brains" to help Takumi and Keisuke polish their talent and take them to a higher level that he himself couldn't reach.

Not sure why MFG is X rated lol. There are skimpily clad race queens but that's about it. It's basically a continuation of Initial D in the far future, with Initial D characters sprinkled here and there to give context, but the main cast of drivers are completely different. The backstory is Takumi became a rally driver but then had an accident and became a driving instructor instead. One of his best pupils (Kanata) is the main character of MFG and we are following his story. With advice from Ryosuke, Keisuke created the MFG competition to continue testing the "Fastest Street Racer Theory". All other cars are now autonomous, so the supercars of today are viewed as "antiques" in their time and that's what they use to race.

The only rule is, your tire width is proportional to your weight (e.g. light car = skinnier tire, heavy car = fatter tire). So all being equal, cornering speeds should be the same between all cars and the only way to win is to have the most power. Hence the use of supercars by most drivers. Of course, Kanata doesn't subscribe to this and uses a GT86. With plot armor he somehow manages to beat much faster cars, but thankfully he has yet to win a race so it keeps things interesting at least (unlike Initial D, the races have multiple cars at once, up to 15).

I mean, a lot of ID fans seem to hate it, but I'm a car/racing fan first before an anime fan so I'll happily follow it. Wider variety of cars, multiple cars racing, much longer tracks (up to 50km), and there's no other racing manga coming out so what's not to like? biggrin.gif
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 12 2021, 12:31 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ Yesterday, 11:38 PM)
In addition to what everyone else has said...

Bunta did race Takumi in Fourth Stage. Although he had an advantage because he was driving the Impreza at that time. Even if the situation were reversed and Takumi had learned everything after Final Stage, it still wouldn't make a difference. It's widely known that Bunta is the absolute top tier driver in the series.

Ryosuke has the IQ, but not the raw talent of Takumi or Keisuke. This is the whole point of making Project.D, so he can use his "brains" to help Takumi and Keisuke polish their talent and take them to a higher level that he himself couldn't reach.

Not sure why MFG is X rated lol. There are skimpily clad race queens but that's about it. It's basically a continuation of Initial D in the far future, with Initial D characters sprinkled here and there to give context, but the main cast of drivers are completely different. The backstory is Takumi became a rally driver but then had an accident and became a driving instructor instead. One of his best pupils (Kanata) is the main character of MFG and we are following his story. With advice from Ryosuke, Keisuke created the MFG competition to continue testing the "Fastest Street Racer Theory". All other cars are now autonomous, so the supercars of today are viewed as "antiques" in their time and that's what they use to race.

The only rule is, your tire width is proportional to your weight (e.g. light car = skinnier tire, heavy car = fatter tire). So all being equal, cornering speeds should be the same between all cars and the only way to win is to have the most power. Hence the use of supercars by most drivers. Of course, Kanata doesn't subscribe to this and uses a GT86. With plot armor he somehow manages to beat much faster cars, but thankfully he has yet to win a race so it keeps things interesting at least (unlike Initial D, the races have multiple cars at once, up to 15).

I mean, a lot of ID fans seem to hate it, but I'm a car/racing fan first before an anime fan so I'll happily follow it. Wider variety of cars, multiple cars racing, much longer tracks (up to 50km), and there's no other racing manga coming out so what's not to like? biggrin.gif

Oh Ok that makes more sense.

So it was clear that Bunta could destroy even the black shadow guys (fat guy with the R34 GTR and the skinny guy with the Honda S2000).

Was there any reason why Shuichi Shingeo chose to have takumi undefeated in the series through super bizarre circumstances? I remember the one race with the deep voice guy called Touch who was a professional driver and had a honda civic. He turned off his headlights and a squirrel got in the way and caused takumi to overtake him and win.

There was also the over circumstance where at the beginning of the series, Nakamura in the black r32 on akina could not pull away from the AE86 because for some reason he did not know that the course had corners and thought it was just a drag race.

I was lost in this series quite often. In real life, Nakamura and his R32 would smoke the AE86 even if you don't know how to corner and Bunta is driving the AE86 while smoking and drifting with his mate in the back seat in the rain.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 12 2021, 09:02 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Yes, Bunta would defeat Purple Shadow. His role in the series is to be the skill ceiling, the peak of driving ability that no one will ever surpass.
Shigeno kept Takumi undefeated because he wrote himself into a corner with the Project D arc, which required that both Takumi and Keisuke stay undefeated in order for the story to keep going. The win against Taichi was still one of the more plausible wins, the real bullshit doesn't start until they're racing in Kanagawa.

And the R32 race was completely normal, you're just misremembering things. Nakazato (Nakamura is the S14 guy) didn't floor it until the first corner because he wanted to see what the 86 could do. Then he couldn't pull away because it was a steep downhill course, his car is both front-heavy and half a ton heavier than the 86, and his skill was only slightly above average.
His driving amounted to braking hard, turning in a basic way, and then just hitting the gas, Again, front-heavy car going downhill, so his driving put too much stress on the front tires and he got slower and slower as the race went on. If you're okay with him beating Keisuke's FD, I can't see why a mediocre R32 driver getting beaten bugs you.
A better driver would've won, but Nakazato wouldn't. Cornering and tire management is just that important in a course that's all corners.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Mar 12 2021, 09:16 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 17 2021, 04:33 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 5 2021, 08:44 AM)
Hello ID community.

Kind regards,

This may as well be exactly what happened imo.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
rayshare
Posted: Oct 16 2021, 03:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,704

It would be good to hear more about the MF Ghost series as it is rather interesting when writers decide to switch genres and write something outside of their norm.
cheevoon
Posted: Oct 22 2021, 08:51 PM

I'm juz Running in the 90's

Member No.: 36

cant wait for the reboot version of Initial D, if there is any..
selvenvid
Posted: Nov 21 2022, 12:14 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,310

It would be good to hear more about the MF Ghost series as it is rather interesting when writers decide to switch genres and write something outside of their norm. get-vidmate.com instasave.onl

This post has been edited by selvenvid on Nov 22 2022, 02:45 AM

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by kyonpalm on Nov 28 2022, 05:36 AM.
  - Reasons: Spam.