Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Dave Simon - Generation

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,188  ·  Replies: 41 
> Bluray Screenshots for 3rd and 4th Stages
xiao
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 11:56 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
I WANT TO BELIEVE

Great Niko song is great~ ♪

Also, after about a decade... I just noticed Toru's car is giving the old Tofu~beater props... laugh2.gif

Hachi-roku Gokuro...... te nani wo hanashitai yo Toru-san!? baaaaakana~ Hachi-tofu no gutter-drops wo Texas ga hou ga ii da!www Custom-purate no ka?www Warai wo tomaranai yo~www (*≧▽≦)ノシ))www

(using a compy running Vista'98 ME... thus no IME... orz)
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
goseiba525
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 07:22 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,533

QUOTE (Falbere @ 9 hours, 44 minutes ago)
goseiba525 PIT Box? I know you bought quite some from the official source. But if that is the case. The screenshots looks amazing!
是官网买的蓝光么?? O.O
第一和第二部也这么高清吗?我也要看看第四步的有没有啊
Translate: Do you also have 4th stage to show?

N1, where did you get yours from? You might have get scammed Nomake.

就买了box3的。box2现在价格都炒得翻倍了,还是等人分流吧
user posted image
QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 6 minutes ago)
I WANT TO BELIEVE

No, seriously. I want to believe that 3rd and later weren't done as shittily as 1/2 were. 'Cause yeah, those shots from the digest actually look good and aren't cropped like shit.

As for getting 'scammed', it's hard to get 'scammed' when I didn't spend any money. laugh2.gif

Goseiba, any chance you could get a shot from Fourth Stage episode 2?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

4th stage is also a disaster. facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by goseiba525 on Dec 2 2015, 07:30 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 07:43 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

RIP. At least Third Stage looks good. It's the prettiest stage, after all.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Dec 2 2015, 08:12 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

It should be considering it was a 32mm film.

Thanks for the shots. Too bad about the luminance issues. Nao Tomori is awesome.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Falbere
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 09:05 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

On the bright side 4th stage is better than anything on the internet right now. I might still get it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Dec 2 2015, 11:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Falbere @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
On the bright side 4th stage is better than anything on the internet right now. I might still get it.

But why? Those screenshots from Fourth Stage prove that they're just upscales. See the jaggies around the body seams on the car? See the chroma leaking from the traffic cone in the first shot? I can literally take my DVDs, run them through some snazzy filters, and get the same output. It's obvious they're using secondary sources for that, so it's not 'better' it's just 'already upscaled for you'.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 12:39 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Falbere @ 3 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Buy the DVDs. Any current player will upscale it for you and your flawed vision will not be able to see the blatant artifacts consistent with a shitty "Bluray" cut of Fourth Stage.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Dec 3 2015, 03:57 PM

ShiMACHaze

Now, keep in mind that these are both not quite perfect examples. I don't own the blurays, and while I do own the DVDs for 4th Stage they're in a box somewhere with all the rest of my stuff ever since the fire back in February. So without access to those primary sources, I have this broadcast of 4th Stage from Animax HD of the 'HD remaster', and this encode someone else did of the DVDs. The Animax broadcast is in 1080 native, whereas the DVD is 480 and my media player is doing the upscaling using MadVR. Compare for yourself.

user posted image

user posted image

If I can find the DVDs I'll have a better example but that should give you a pretty good idea.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 4 2015, 11:39 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Kinda sad to see that not much effort was put into making the Blu Ray release (although I've seen screenshots from before and they were pretty bad) of Initial D, well besides Third Stage which looks pretty darn good judging from those screenshots that goseiba posted.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Dec 4 2015, 11:40 PM
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Dec 12 2015, 10:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

While I of course still don't have my hands on the blurays themselves, I did scrounge up my DVD and nabbed a TV rip from when Animax re-broadcast the series in HD. I assume Animax was using the bluray source for that, so this should be a close comparison.

My DVD screenshots were taken in MPC-HC and are rendered with madVR set to maximum-performance upscaling using 60FPS deinterlacing, then cropped down to 720p. While I could put a script together to get the upscaling to look better I probably couldn't do it in realtime so I didn't bother. This is close enough. The ones with the ANIMAX logo are the 'HD' ones, obviously.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1324 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1324 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
alex1287
Posted: Oct 2 2016, 08:13 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

Check this guys biggrin.gif 3rd Stage and Battle Stage BDrip from PIT 2
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRuhZlKCsM )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rghagbbytOI )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIAAJZ95P7U )

Tessou
Posted: Oct 2 2016, 10:29 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

I'm only interested in full Battle Stage rips from the BD.
alex1287
Posted: Oct 2 2016, 11:45 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

3rd Stage is looking good and I wanted for this with Battle Stages smile.gif interesting how with Extra Stage 1&2 smile.gif
Ellis_Carl
Posted: Mar 6 2019, 03:28 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,114

would you share this animax rip, if you can?
thanks in advance if you can reply
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jun 1 2019, 04:27 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Ellis_Carl @ Mar 6 2019, 03:28 PM)
would you share this animax rip, if you can?
thanks in advance if you can reply

Just saw this post. No, because I deleted it. I only ever had a single episode of it anyway, so it's not like I could've shared the whole series or anything. Sorry 'bout that. Plenty of people are uploading blurays though so check out the other threads.
Ellis_Carl
Posted: Jun 6 2019, 07:52 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,114

Yeah, i'm following them. Thanks for the reply happy.gif
waishie
Posted: Sep 23 2019, 04:31 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,232