Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Dusty - Crazy For Love

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,958  ·  Replies: 63 
> [FANFIC] Initial D: Serious Business(FINISHED), The Final Chapter.
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 18 2006, 10:35 PM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,501

Chapter one: Imma Chargin' Mah Skyline

Nakazato's temples hurt slightly as he tried to understand what the stranger was trying to explain to him. It wasn't that he was stupid, or that it was difficult. But it had been a long day, he was tired, and he didn't feel like being insulted-or tutored, he didn't know which the stranger was doing.
All he knew is that he had almost been run right off the damn cliff by this obnoxious, obstreperous guy, who hadn't even yet given him a name to call him by.

"All I'm saying is that you're doing it wrong, Takeshi. It's not all that hard to understand."

Nakazato cast a querying look into his coffee cup, whispering, "Why me, Lord?" below his breath. And he could have avoided all this if he had just avoided that accursed white car...

Mt. Myogi, A few hours ago...

Nakazato was pushing his black R relentlessly again, forcing the tires to their maximum, brake rotors glowing like embers as he tried to slow the heavy R32 in time to turn into the corner deeply enough, all the weight riding hard on the overburdened front tires.

"Damn it....front tires are getting too hot!"

He was so incensed he forgot to curse in Japanese, or it may have been that the author didn't feel like trying to seem authentic by salting the Japanese characters' speech with stereotypical Japanese phrases.

But by now, he was swinging far too wide out. The R32 was oversteering badly, and he had no choice but to let off the throttle even more, his speed now pitifully slow. He rounded the apex then recklessly opened up the throttle again, the R's rear tires squealing as the ATTESA-ETS system fed more power to the rear. His R's tires were worn, and the car's steering was responding more sluggishly.

Then, just as he was about to give up and just coast the rest of the way down, he noticed the flash of lights in his rearview mirror.

"Huh?" He blinked, looking at the rapidly approaching blueish lights. "What the hell-?!" The car had no intention of stopping, and was hurtling toward him faster than a cruise missile. Without thinking he jerked the steering wheel to the side, dragging the R out of the car's path, slamming on the brakes in panic. The roar of an engine completely foreign to his ears increased in volume...then he saw it.

A pure white FD3S glided by him. The windows were too tinted to see the driver, but he noticed the spade logo embossed on the side very clearly.

Its brake lights flashed, high squealing piercing the deep bass of the engine as the car slowed rapidly. It came to a stop, then executed a graceful spin, now facing him. The driver pulled up next to his car, then rolled down the window, displaying an opaque(to Nakazato's eyes), shiny black racing helmet.

Nakazato took this opportunity to yell, "Who the hell do you think you are, almost wrecking me like that? You coulda killed us, you know! You damn ricers and your damn fancy driving!"

"Sounds like you need some .50 cal aspirin," said the driver. The all-black helmet turned to look at Nakazato. "Come down to the Family restaurant and I'll teach you how to close pools and drift at the same time."

"I don't just run around behind American-sounding chaps that try to run people off the road," said Nakazato bitingly.

"Don't be obtuse," replied the driver flatly. "You can call me Anonymous for now. You gonna follow me or what? I'll drive like a granny just for you, Nakazato."

Takeshi ground his teeth together at the driver's casual insult, "Fine! Lead the way."

Little did he know that now that an American had arrived, some crazy-ass shit was about to go down. Also, since he was American, he'd probably have magical powers or some crap.

Author's Notes:

-Parody of Numerous Fanfics, but mostly of "On The Unbeaten Path".
-Dave acts as a commentator, fourth wall breaker, and as the straight man in the group.
-PLENTY of references to Initial D, Eurobeat, and the general automotive culture in this.
-Also, this is an alternative take on the Dori crowd. You probably won't get a lot of the in-jokes, and if the characters seem...well, OOC, it's because they're takes on certain people. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dave Rodgers on Feb 15 2007, 05:57 AM
Rudy
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 12:49 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Taku_E70
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 01:00 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Loving it..

But did you have to choose a FD3S... o_o..

Why didnt you just choose a Vitz or something?
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 19 2006, 02:16 AM

It's an Over-The-Top parody. I'd have to stick an FD in there sooner or later.

Chapter Two: Oh Lawd, is dat sum Sushi

The nearest Family restaurant was only a hop, skip, and jump away from Myogi, due to their odd nature of being near mountain roads. Nakazato even knew a shortcut to it in case one of the drivers on his team suffered an Energy Crash and needed Food badly, but the stranger mockingly led him down the easiest route back to it. Meanwhile, his poor ears were assaulted by really loud, fast music that kept playing every time the mysterious, annoying stranger rounded a corner.

As he parked, he moaned, "I never want to hear about the power of sound again..." Shutting off the engine, he pulled out the keys and got out...

...and that was how he found himself sitting in front of the tall, stubbled, brown-haired, blue-eyed American. "Shit, give him a pair of revolvers and he'll be good to go," mused Nakazato as he sipped from his coffee cup. Especially with the high motorcycle boots, blue jeans, white shirt, and brown duster he wore. Takeshi had been a little surprised that he wore all that underneath the racing suit, and was even more surprised that he bothered to tote around the tough duster.

The stranger stirred his bowl of soup thoughtfully. "I knew you weren't going to let my car hit yours, Nakazato-san..."
Takeshi squinted at the American. "Why's that, and why do you know my name, anyway?" The stranger put down his spoon. "Because I would have shot you."

Takeshi's eyes bulged, and he choked on the sip of coffee he was swallowing. He coughed for almost half a minute, hitting his chest with a fist, before recovering himself. He wiped his mouth with a napkin, staring at the stranger with wide eyes as he continued. "For the second...I've seen you race before. You're not better than I am, and I wasn't very impressed. However, I'm a resident of Myogi now, and I can't have you ruining my rep."

Takeshi slammed his cup down, slopping a small amount of liquid over the edge. "Bakayarou...don't be so casual when insulting others! You're seriously pissing me off!" The stranger grinned casually. "Well, then, I'll tell you my name, so that you'll feel better." He held out one hand. "My name is-"

"RODGERS-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!"

The stranger was knocked clean back into his chair by what seemed to Takeshi to be a streak of blue and while and...possibly pink. When he recovered, Takeshi saw that it was a slightly short, wide-eyed, pink-haired, perky girl in impossibly short Sailor Fuku* and long socks. Her long pink hair was neatly braided.

The stranger managed to sit back up in his chair despite the weight of the girl clinging onto his shirt. "As I was saying, my name is Dave Rod-"

"Kawaii! Baka Dave-chan is having yaoi love with genki street racers and didn't tell Nana-chan? Baka Dave-chan! Nana-chan wants to know ALLLL about it, desu!"

He was interrupted by the inappropiately dressed girl tugging on his shirt. Takeshi had no idea what the impossibly hyper schoolgirl was talking about, but Dave seemed a little flustered as he tried to explain.

"It's not like that! I was trying to explain to this guy how not to fail at life, Nana. That's all. It's really-"

"Oooh! Dave-chan is lying! Dave-chan is omega kawaii when he lies, nyo!"

"Nana, please stop tugging on my shirt and sit down, before you freak Nakazato out. You could introduce yourself to him..."

Nana sat down quickly, smiling at Nakazato now. "Konnichiwa Nakazato-san! I am Nana-chan! Hajimemashite!" She made a small bow in the seat.

Nakazato looked slightly stunned. "Uh..........."

Dave cleared his throat. "Yeah, how about we continue about what we were saying...anyway, I'm here to give you a little extra needed wins. I'll race for you in the upcoming battle against those guys from Akagi, and take care of them for you. If you don't trust my skill-" He spread his hands. "-I'll break your record time on Myougi, to prove my skill.

Nakazato crossed his arms. "How do I know you don't just want to take over?"

Dave smirked. "If I did, I'd have just humilated you in front of all the Night Kids."

"Now see here! I haven't even seen you in action-"

"Then come outside and take a look at the Ace of Spades." The stranger nudged Nana. "I want to get up, please."

"Hai!" Nana bounced out of the chair, letting Dave slip out of his chair and stand up. He brushed a hand through his hair to make it look a little more disheveled, thinking he looked roguish and clever with this style, then gestured to Nakazato. "Let's go. I'll handle the tab."

After he'd paid, they went outside and Nakazato found himself looking at the rather flashy FD3S, with more ground effects than he'd seen on even Gatchan's car. "Uh...was this really necessary?" he remarked, gesturing at the huge front air dam.

Nana cut in before Dave could speak. "Hai, hai! This is Dave-chan's omega genki street car! Dave-chan spent lots of time building it, nyo! Nana-chan helped too! Nana-chan is genki tuning otaku! Nana-chan even has her own Silvia!" She was positively bubbling with pride and excitement over Nakazato's look of shock, thinking he was awed.

When in reality, he was just kind of steamrollered. Then Dave opened the door and popped the hood. "Check out the engine."

Nakazato peered in to see a monstrous hunk of metal sitting in the middle of the bay, octopus lines, filters, manifold, twin turbo and all sorts of other things seeming tiny compared to the engine itself. Then he tore himself away from it to stare at Dave in horror. "What the hell did you PUT in this damn car, Rodgers-san? What in God's name is that thing?"

"An LS-1," answered Dave casually.

"NANI!!!!????"

"Yep."

"USO DA!"

"Believe it."

Nana giggled. "Wai! Nakazato-san likes super-big engine!"

Dave went over to the car and shut the hood. "The Intercooler on this son of a B*TCH makes it almost illegal to drive in the mountain roads. As a matter of fact, I've almost died twice. But I'm American, so that's not going to happen. The author wouldn't hear of it."

He sat on the edge of the hood. "So. Think you might believe in the power of magic once I nail 88 miles per hour on this mountain?"

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about, Dave," answered Nakazato.

"What I'm asking you is if you'll let me set a record on Myogi that the idiots from Akagi won't be touching for a little while. I'll let you take full credit for my win as the leader of the Night Kids, and if I humiliate them fully, you'll let me take a spot on your team."

Nakazato thought. "I'd really like that, but I'm not sure...after all, you're an insultive bastard, you know that, right?"

Nana gasped, but Dave grinned, flashing even white teeth. "It's alright...sometimes you just have to hit people over the head with reality, and I've grown used to the cries of anger from those that get hit. Tell you what. I'll even do some extra things on the highway for you after that."

This was the clincher. After a rival team's foray onto the Wangan, Nakazato was hard pressed to avoid the ridicule he got for not having a Highway ace. So Nakazato said, "We do need someone who can race on the highway. So, why not show me what you can do on Myogi?"

Dave rubbed his chin. "What do you think, Nana?"

Nana nodded. "Hai! Ganbatte, Dave-chan!"

Dave stood up, stretching. "It's a deal, Nakazato. Get ready for some serious shit."

*Sailor Fuku - Schoolgirl Dress in Japan

[to be continued]

This post has been edited by Dave Rodgers on Nov 19 2006, 04:14 AM
Meteor
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 02:25 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Brilliant parody!

Hmm. The expressways. . .
Rudy
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 02:31 AM

Unregistered

Renzeiken
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 08:27 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,032

Hahahaha! This is a refreshing read Dave, you should've posted this earlier.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 05:03 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I think DR needs to work harder at making this funny and not boring... tongue.gif
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 20 2006, 06:37 AM

Chapter 3: Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over

After that deeply disturbing meeting at the restaurant, Nakazato had agreed to lead Dave and his weird, weird companion back up Myogi and introduce them to the other Night Kids, after making a few short phonecalls to the team members.

Now, the black R32 was flanked by the white FD3S.

Dave watched the R32 put on its hazards and pull over into the corner behind a sleek silver Supra MK IV. He switched on his own hazards and pulled in behind the R. The pink S14 fell in behind his RX-7. Then he shut off his engine and opened the door, stepping out. As he pulled off his helmet, he said, "So, where's the rest of the team?"

"Hi. ^o.o^"

Dave turned in the direction of the voice and found himself almost face to face with a grey-haired young man. He promptly almost fell over himself trying to step back from him. "Jesus crispy-fried Christ!"

"Nice racing suit," remarked the man. "You must be the new guy Naki told us about. I'm called Kaworu," Dave regarded him suspiciously. "Don't stand so close to new people." He placed his helmet on the top of his RX-7. "The name's Dave. Dave Rodgers."

Kaworu nodded. "And this bloated RX-7 is yours?" He shrugged. "Well, as long as it can do the job. Naki said you were pretty fast." Dave blinked. "He said that, eh..."

"Having second thoughts?"

Dave shook his head slowly. Then headlights appeared on the horizon. Kaworu tucked his hands in his pockets, remarking, "The rest of the team. Took them long enough, I'd say." Dave paid a small amount of attention to his comment as he removed a cigarette pack from a pocket inside his suit. While he removed and lit one, he watched the three cars. Leading the pack was one long, blue, Ferrari 550 Maranello, followed closely by a silver Porsche 993. Behind that was a red Mitsubishi GTO, that being followed by a Nissan Fairlady 300ZX.

"Nice cars," commented Dave as he lit his cig. Kaworu didn't reply to this.

All four of the cars parked on the opposite side of the road. Dave critically watched their drivers exit as Nakazato approached him. "Here's the rest of the crew. Look presentable, and for the love of God don't be insultive."

Dave nodded, cig balanced on his lower lip. Then he straightened up as the drivers crossed over the road to them. Nakazato began talking to them in hushed voices away from Dave, who ignored this. Up until he noticed the girl with short brown hair that kept giving him quizzical glances. "What?" he mouthed silently at her as Nakazato talked to them.

After some time, he stepped back and said, "Alright, go on over and say hello."

Dave found himself greeted first by an officious-looking woman with long purple hair, serious brown eyes, and an overly aggressive demeanor. While Dave introduced himself as politely as he could, he couldn't help but notice that the black suit and red jacket she wore was a little small for her weighty frame, which he estimated at being somewhere in the 200 pounds or up category.

The next woman, a slightly younger, pleasant-looking girl with short brown hair, and eyes that matched, seemed a little enthused with Dave. "Excuse me...but would you be, by any chance...the famed singer Ace Warrior? You look just like him!"

Dave removed his cig and exhaled smoke slowly. "....Yeah. That would be me," he said sarcastically, but the girl didn't seem to notice, instead grabbing his fee hand and shaking it excitedly. "Can I have your autograph?" Dave nodded. "Sure...whenever you like."

The third woman, a redhead with striking blue eyes and a devil-may-care attitude seemed unimpressed with Dave, but greeted him pleasantly.

After this, Dave stubbed out the cig on the asphalt with a bootheel. "So...Misato, Maya, and Asuka. That's all? Who's the fourth guy?"
Nakazato was too busy prying a very young-looking boy off him, saying, "Not now, Shinji, this is serious..."

Dave raised an eyebrow at the boy's dress-a tight-fitting nun's clothes that left very little to the imagination. "O...kay...yeah, you know what? Never mind that, let's just get-" Kaworu rapidly tugged the boy away from Nakazato, who began clinging onto him instead. "Shinji, say hello to Dave, our new friend!"

The boy blinked up at Dave with soft blue eyes, saying in a serious whisper, "Hello, Dave, it's nice to meet you..." Then he went back to Kaworu, seeming a little afraid of the stranger.

Dave pinched the bridge of his nose again, something he did when he was exasperated. "Great...wonderful...same to you...Nakazato, can I go now?" he said almost pleadingly. Nakazato cleared his throat. "Yes, uh, minna-san!" he called, to get everyone's attention. "Dave, line your car up at the starting point up ahead. Shinji, count him down. While Dave gets ready, Kaworu, please go to the bottom and keep time." Kaworu mock saluted and got in his Supra.

Dave looked considerably relieved as he got in his RX-7. "Hella crazy people in this team," he mumbled as he started up his car.

As he pulled up to the starting line he saw Shinji waiting there for him. "Perfect," he whispered to himself tiredly. This night just seemed to be spiraling further and further into madness.

Nakazato was communicating with Kaworu through a walkie-talkie. After a few moments he put it in his pocket and walked over to the RX-7, leaning on the window. "Alright, Kaworu's waiting. Don't take your time on this run. You'd better give me a time that no one can touch or I'll kick out of here."

Dave nodded. "No prob. See you in a few seconds."

"Right..." Nakazato walked away from the FD exasperatedly. "Shinji, start the countdown."

"Hai!" Shinji raised one hand. "5...4...3...2...1..." he dropped his hand. "Go!"

Dave accelerated and the RX-7 shot from the line like a bullet from a gun, tires squealing, engine roaring.

[to be continued]
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:54 AM

Chapter 4: Pilot is the Hero

After the white RX-7 had torn off, people gathered around to talk.

"I don't know why he had to launch so flashily," lamented Nakazato.

"I think he's an arrogant prick," said Misato flatly.

"He's really...American," said Asuka.

"Wait till my friends on 2chan hear I met Ace Warrior in person! They'll be so excited!" bubbled Maya.

Shinji was silent.

"I just hope he makes good on his promise," sighed Nakazato, glumly looking down the road. He could still hear the loud engine echoing in his ears. If this had all been a wild goose chase he didn't know what he'd do.

However, some ways down the road, it was an entirely different story.

The white RX-7 was shooting down the straight, the engine's roar filling the air as fire blasted from the exhaust, leaves scattering from the powerful draft rushing off the extensive bodykit. Dave threw the shiftknob into another gear and his body was pinned back as the needle jumped, exhaust flaring, acceleration forcing him back into his seat and he was only on the third gear. The monstrous RX-7 was speeding towards a shallow bend, but deceptively sharp enough to send any unskilled racer right off the edge.

Dave lightly touched the brakes and turned the wheel, and the RX-7 responded to the touch instantly, turning into the corner. He accelerated and the rear of the white car slid out. The g-forces tugged at him as he slid through, the tires squealing, burning, pouring off smoke, the engine revving high and accompanying the high squeal of the tortured tires.

His bumper was inches from the guardrail at the exit as he exited the corner, accelerating fully, then braking again as another corner came into his vision, this one a little sharper. His braking was just as sharp, the rotors glowing like coals from hell as he turned the wheel again, this time to the left, accelerating into a drift. He was not four-wheel drifting and did not need to-the demonically tuned RX-7 could ably handle either and not scrub off too much speed. He felt the car latch onto the road again as he exited.

Now, a very sharp hairpin was approaching. His brake lights flashed, the engine keening as he shifted down in preparation, blipping the throttle. Then he spun the wheel in, lightly pressing the throttle now, all the weight hammering on the front tires and the back tires sliding free. Instead of countersteering right away he let the RX-7 almost lose control through the tight hairpin, then recovering it as it reached its limit.

Another hairpin right after this one. He didn't bother to let the car grip the road. Instead, he let it slide down the straight, smoke pouring from the rear, then yanked the wheel into the next one, forcing the car to turn in, accelerating harder now, until he was at the exit and he let the RX-7 bite into the road again, the thunder of the engine in his ears.

And so it was that Dave conquered Myogi, in a lethal dance with his car. The suspension was at its best, the steering was responsive, the clutch was snappy and quick to grip. The tires were holding up well. He would need to get a new set later, but they would survive for at least five more runs, if Nakazato wanted it. Power barely restrained lay in the hood and he was running with it. He was not in a hurry. He was not even worried. He was just enjoying this time to get away from it all and give his car a chance to run free, away from the restrictive speed limits, away from the police, away from everything. It was just him and the RX-7 on Myogi tonight.

At the bottom, Kaworu had been expecting a slightly longer wait. But he did not expect to hear the roar of the LS1 so soon, the turbo exhaling in a hiss. Already Dave was on his way and he got out of the warm interior of the Supra, peering down the road.

Sure enough, two points of light were appraoching rapidly. The engine's howl was approaching rapidly as the car barreled down the straight, approaching the last corner, at a suicidally fast speed. "Damn fool...you'll kill yourself, Dave! Don't do this just to impress Naki!" he swore to himself.

Then he saw the nose dip as Dave braked, the car slowing suddenly-and then turning in, the front tires clutching onto the asphalt as the rear swung free, clouds of smoke billowing from the abused tires. As quickly as he entered he exited, bringing the rear back in, rocketing down the last straight of the course. Kaworu held out the stopwatch as the car approached, the engine almost deafening-and then Dave was over the line. Kaworu looked at the time on the watch and his eyes widened.

"Son of a....7 seconds faster than the best time..." He put the stopwatch in his pocket, pushing some of his messy gray hair out of his eyes. Dave had smashed the record time on Myogi without argument. He had delivered on his promise.

Then he saw the RX-7 pull up next to him, saw the window roll down...and there was the black helmet. Dave pushed the visor up with gloved fingers, revealing the hard blue eyes Kaworu had noticed first about him. "A record time is fine too..."

"7 seconds, Dave. How did you do it?" Kaworu was taken aback at his casual tone.

"I told Nakazato...when I hit 88 miles per hour, he'd see some serious shit, and I made good on it. I'm going back up," said Dave, pushing his visor down. Smoke poured from his rear tires once more as he did a long burnout, laying rubber on the road, the car whipping around the corner and disappearing into the night.

Kaworu dropped into his car and began to laugh.

[to be continued, hold yer horses. Figured I'd give you some action. biggrin.gif]

FinToy-83
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 04:08 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

when I hit 88 miles per hour, he'd see some serious shit

laugh2.gif gods.. I was almost waiting that you'd bring in DeLorean with flux-capacitor after that one..
Rudy
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 08:12 PM

Unregistered

Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 20 2006, 10:34 PM

Chapter 5: AkinaWhiteDevil

it was midnite on mt akina and the redsuns had finised there last race

ryosuke and keisuke were driving down the last few harepins, still angry that theyd lost

"WHY IS THAT AE86 SO FAST!!111" screamed keisuke in anger.

he rounded the last few corners wildly, driving accurately and on special lines that only he could see

then lights flashed around the road. ryosuke looked in his mirror and saw another car approaching them quickly.

"lol wtf, how did that car get there? i shoud pay moar attention to the road"

then the car approahed him faster. keisuke saw that it was a bright pink S14 with blue headlight and a big bodykit

"dam it! i wont let you pass me!"

keisuke watched the car ride his bumper, so strongly he couldn't shake the feeling of dred in his brane, and he was very nervous, yet he wiped swet off his brow with one free hand, yelling, "IM NOT GOING TO LET U PASS ME!"

he was forced at a speed that was far to high around a few more corners. ryosuke could not even keep up with him, he was just going too fast now with the pink silvia

"keisuke dont you'll kill yourself" he said to himself, wondering just why he was letting himself be pushed so hard

then they approached a sharp s-turn. keisuke slowed down but the s14 didn't and did a 180 spin into the corner.

"NOO UR GONNA KILL YOURSELF" keisuke yelled at the pink car but it cleanly shot around the other corner and disappeared.

"F____K! " yelled keisuke in anger

This post has been edited by Dave Rodgers on Nov 20 2006, 11:42 PM
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:49 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 21,179

dry.gif dry.gif any one notice how much this chapter is much alike the first chapter of akagi black demon, both end in F***, ae86 so fast? hmmm 180 degree spin, this is almost just as close as mine

akagi black demon?
akina white devil?

but it is a parody isnt it? LOL! i like it! som1 actualli made a fake version of my story
just like fake yugioh/pokemon cards LOL! blink.gif

This post has been edited by -Jt- on Nov 20 2006, 11:52 PM
Meteor
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 12:50 AM

Akinawhitedevil is the funniest yet. I wonder how you're going to parody my one.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 3:50 AM)
Akinawhitedevil is the funniest yet. I wonder how you're going to parody my one.

I don't claim to be able to see into Dave Rodgers' inner thoughts... but I'm gonna give a guess that he's not gonna parody every single fanfic there is.

Just a guess, though. XP
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:15 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Today at 11:15 PM)
-coughDavewroteitbutitwasmyideacough-

...and MD leaves himself open to attack...!

*sits back and waits in the bushes with modstick* fear2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 8:14 PM)
I don't claim to be able to see into Dave Rodgers' inner thoughts... but I'm gonna give a guess that he's not gonna parody every single fanfic there is.

Just a guess, though. XP

As long as people keep reading, I'll keep writing. biggrin.gif
Meteor
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:50 PM

Then you may be writing for all eternity.
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 22 2006, 12:23 AM

Chapter 6: Space Invaders

At the summit of Myogi, the team members had stopped talking. A dreadful silence had fallen on them as they waited for news.

Takeshi was sitting on the bonnet of his GT-R, fidgeting with the walkie-talkie. There was still no word from the watcher at the end of the course, and everyone had become silent and expectant, waiting for the word from Kaworu. Would the stranger in their midst prove himself worthy? Or was he just another one of the many flashes in the pan Nakazato had encountered?

He was deep in thought, but was broken out of it as the walkie-talkie beeped, then Kaworu's excited voice sounded from it.

"He did it, Naki! He broke the record by a whole 7 seconds! I still can't belive my eyes!"

Nakazato leapt to his feet, disbelief on his face. "Nani?!"

"7 seconds! I don't think the Red Suns can handle this! This'll go down in Myogi's history! I'm coming back up now!"

"O...okay." Nakazato put the walkie-talk back in his pocket, a sudden shiver gripping his body. Seven seconds...is this guy a magician? Did he just fly straight down the mountainside? He approached his other teammates, who were looking at him expectantly.

"Dave...broke our local record by seven seconds," he mumbled, still unable to believe that it'd occured.

"What? Seven seconds?!" burst out Asuka. Misato huffed. Maya squealed excitedly, bouncing around a little. "Kya~! I always knew he could drive as well as he sings!"

Shinji latched onto Nakazato again, asking, "Can we invite him over for lunch now...?" Nakazato shook his head, answering, "He'll probably want to rest tomorrow, but I'll ask..." He was cut off by the thunderous roar of the LS1 in the distance. "Here? Already?!"

Indeed, the white RX-7 was tearing down the road towards them. Shouts of consternation rang out.

"He's not going to stop in time!" "He will, calm down!" "If he wrecks our cars, there'll be hell to pay!"

Then the driver pulled the e-brake and turned the wheel, sending the car into a smart 180, sliding closer and closer towards them, until the RX-7 skidded to a stop sideways directly in front of them, smoke rising in clouds from the tires, rubber lines on the road.

The door swung up, and out came Dave, shaking his hair free of the restrictive helmet. He seemed as relaxed as if he'd just returned from a summer walk. It actually offended Nakazato how casually he walked towards them, after that stunt.

"So, where's my team membership?" He grinned slowly as he saw a look of outrage spread across Nakazato's face, the latter trying to choke down a blast of rage at Dave's smugness.
After a moment Nakazato calmed down. He went over to his car, stooped, and defeatedly fished around in his glovebox until he found it, then stood up and handed the sticker to Dave. "You win, Rodgers. All right? You win. Have your team sticker." Dave took it with an air of quiet satisfaction. "Mm, I see."

Just then an outrageously pink S14 came tearing down the path towards them. Misato crossed her arms. "What in God's name is that pink ricebox?"

Dave turned around. "Oh, that must be Nana."

It skidded to a stop, and the door flew open. Out bounded Nana, squealing at the top of her voice. "Minna-san, Dave-chan, trouble! Red Suns are coming soon!"

Dave pinched the bridge of his nose. "Aah, that's f__king wonderful..."

Nana nodded. "Hai! But they're not coming till tomorrow night..."

Nakazato groaned. "Why? They were supposed to come next week...Dave, did you incense them somehow?"

Dave spread his hands innocently. "I was here all along." He was about to say something else but the Supra's engine cut him off. Kaworu came puffing out of it, seemingly exhausted. "Jeez, it took me everything I had to try to keep up with Dave and I -still- lost him! What'd I miss."

"Dave being a prick," answered Misato. Dave grinned. "Want a donut, Misato?"

Misato placed her hands on wide hips. "What'd you say to me, you son of a B*TCH?" Before Dave could say anything, she continued. "I'll have you know I am HAPPY the way I am, and if you don't like it, you can go suck a dick! I am healthy and I am proud about my-"

"Now, now, calm down, Misato," said Kaworu soothingly, going to Misato's side. It seemed to calm her down, but she still shot Dave looks of utter hate. In an attempt to defuse the situation, Nakazato cleared his throat, then spoke.

"Minna, it'll be a hectic day when the Red Suns come. Everyone will be arriving, and there'll be lots of bystanders. People will talk, and if we don't do our best to support Dave out there, they'll make us look bad. So please, try to get behind him for the moment. No Shinji, not that way."

Shinji huffed at this, but Nakazato continued. "So, let's all go home and get some sleep, okay?"

Asuka yawned, stretching slightly. "Well, it's certainly been an exciting night...I'm all for some sleep." Kaworu nodded. "Same here."

Misato cast a quick glance at Dave before answering. "I'll go home as well..."

Nakazato pressed his hands together. "Excellent. Dave, be here at ten 'o clock sharp for the race. Don't be late." Dave was already in the middle of looking for another cig, but he nodded. "Mm."

The little group split up, and cars began leaving until it was just Dave and Nana on the mountain.

Dave patted the hood of his car lightly. "Well, Nana, it's been a long day for me and ol' Seras here. Shall we go home?"

Nana nodded. "Hai, Dave-chan! Dave-chan must rest for his big race tomorrow!"

Dave laughed. "Yeah, yeah....the usual bells and whistles. See you tomorrow at the usual place."

{to be continued}
Meteor
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 12:34 AM

Still going good. But may I ask a question? What's with the rice?
Dave Rodgers
  Posted: Nov 22 2006, 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 12:34 AM)
Still going good. But may I ask a question? What's with the rice?

It annoys people. biggrin.gif
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 12:41 AM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 21,179

dammit wats a ricer?
Meteor
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 01:07 AM

I answered that in on the other topic where you asked it.

3 Pages  1 2 3