Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Side by side

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 10 11 12 13 14 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 269,420  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
freedom1104
Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:52 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,590

yeah~ i tried teknoparrot 1.21 ,1.32,1.33 on both of my pc .all to no avail. so i posted the card which it create on teknogods forum , hope i get some response and resolution soon as well as helping the dev team on perfecting teknoparrot.

This post has been edited by freedom1104 on Jan 7 2018, 10:12 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
vision stone
Posted: Jan 8 2018, 05:11 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,409

when i complete the first race i get a black screen and the game closes down without any messages
ive done the thing in the test menu so that its always open (the all time thing) but it still keeps happening and i cant find this issue anywhere else plz help
vision stone
  Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:13 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,409

didnt mean to post twice xD

This post has been edited by vision stone on Jan 9 2018, 12:08 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:52 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/PN00S9ys0Mw )

Only got three SP in arcade D7, so nice to have a chance to go and try get others with TP. happy.gif

==========

@vision stone: Wish I have a solution but I've never heard of a solution for that one. Can only give general advice like enable admin rights for teknoparrotui.exe and maybe turn off your AntiVirus but even but that's a straight shot in the dark for that one.

onelonelyg
Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:25 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,435

Im having an issue that I load up teknoparrot 1.33, play game (initial d stage 6 AA), then it initializes the wheel and whatnot, and then goes to start menu and says "press start". So I do....and the game crashes with no error message. I am using a Xbox One controller plugged in via usb. I have Nvidia GTX 970 and i5 processor. It only crashes right as I press start. I have remapped the start button to different buttons on the controller as well.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Jan 18 2018, 06:59 PM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

On 1.34 I can't play D7 anymore, window just closes immediately after loading it and I have the whole folder as a virus scanner exception. Guess I'm screwed.

edit: may have figured out the issue, Windows had removed an NVidia file because it had a false positive or something and it stopped working right after that, gonna reinstall a driver

edit 2: FIXED IT, it was that driver

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Jan 20 2018, 07:28 PM
Karin
Posted: Jan 21 2018, 08:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,488

does anyone know if i can play with keyboard? i am having a hard time with the directional buttons. i can only assign one button where i can make the car go left and right. i dont know if it's the wheel axis or not but the selecting a car menu just keeps switching to the left without touching anything and i do not know what to do. if anyone can help i would appreciate it. IDAXX7 btw not 6.

This post has been edited by Karin on Jan 21 2018, 08:55 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 21 2018, 10:28 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Can you use a keyboard? Oh yes.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/TlJH3NoF4r0 )

You will need to use UCR and Vjoy though to emulate a gamepad. You just need to emulate an axis, the others Teknoparrot can handle natively. No difference between D6 or D7 in setup.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 21 2018, 10:28 PM
Karin
  Posted: Jan 22 2018, 03:25 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,488

Thank you so much, i'll get to downloading that.

Update: i had a logitec nascar racing wheel, it works perfectly fine. just a bit of tweeks to the axis but other than that everything is functioning well. now to learn japanese...

This post has been edited by Karin on Jan 22 2018, 04:52 PM
Dragonfire
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 10:17 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,515

Hello there!
i have an issue with my game. when i race Takumi my time doesnt extend and i lose the race because of "time is up" it happens to me in both id 6 aa and id 7 aa.

Thanks in advance.
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 12:34 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Make sure the game is running at 60FPS, otherwise your car will be very very slow.
Dragonfire
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 01:46 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Make sure the game is running at 60FPS, otherwise your car will be very very slow.

I clarify: when i reach the checkpoint the time is extended message doesnt come up and it doesnt add up more time to my race.
Dragonfire
Posted: Jan 30 2018, 05:46 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (zifutan @ Sep 23 2017, 08:03 AM)
Initial D 6AA Teknoparrot Game works flawlessly, but during the second story race against Takumi the time dosent extend on 2nd lap and I hence lose due to time up, is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance XD

i managed to fix that by changing my monitor refresh rate to 60hz that was interfering i guess.
so i consider my problem fixed. thanks for the 60fps hint there!

This post has been edited by Dragonfire on Jan 30 2018, 05:46 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:28 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^I'm glad the 60FPS tip was helpful, even if inadvertently. happy.gif

This is unfortunately one of those games where the physics is directly tied to framerate (like for example PC versions of Vanquish and GTA V). The arcade runs at a locked 60, so it is not an issue there but when brought open to a normal open PC, it can deviate from there.

Even 1 FPS difference can be a big deal from testing so far. A constant 10 FPS drop throughout the course can cause a difference up to 25-30 seconds in Tsuchisaka with everything else being equal, more or less.

I didn't know it at the time since I was still researching the cause, but the left one was running at 60FPS and the right one was running at 50FPS constant due to a Nvidia settings. Only found out after I placed an FPS counter.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/6Q0P8FKAeZM )

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/RflnV0X4tVI )

Reason why the disrepency was because my computer was at to run at 50Hz without me realizing it, but because the newer version of TP forces the game to output at 60Hz regardless of settings in Fullscreen Mode, I never noticed the drop in Windowed Mode because I usually play Fullscreen.

TLDR, if you play in Windowed Mode make sure your display settings are set to 60Hz. Especially the if you own a 120Hz monitor.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 30 2018, 09:39 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 31 2018, 06:48 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

And as I learned, there may be a limitation in your monitor that makes it run at 59Hz even if you set it to 60Hz, and the only way to get around it is to patch your display driver and then run CRU to overclock it that 1Hz up to 60. rolleyes.gif

So if you can just switch it up to 60Hz without issue, count me jealous.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
KizaruSan
Posted: Feb 1 2018, 04:46 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,530

Hi guys, just wanna ask if anyone manage to play 2 v 2 CPU? I wanna earn my 2 v 2 smiley face, but either no one joins my lobby or they just didn't choose 2 v 2. Or does it simply not work?
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 2 2018, 01:11 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Feature is not supported yet so it won't work.
Sinergy
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 11:33 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,548

Every time i attempt to launch initial d 7 it just opens a black screen. any help would be appreciated. i followed the tutorial exact and it is not working.

Specs

Intel i5
geforce 940mx
1920x1080 res
laptop
jon360x
Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:10 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

Just another TA Run on D7.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqgXUeEQUmU&feature=youtu.be )
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:04 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Sinergy @ Feb 5 2018, 11:33 AM)
Every time i attempt to launch initial d 7 it just opens a black screen. any help would be appreciated. i followed the tutorial exact and it is not working.

Specs

Intel i5
geforce 940mx
1920x1080 res
laptop

Make sure your laptop is using your Nvidia graphics card as opposed to your CPU integrated graphics. Go to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to force use your GeForce 940MX for all applications.

I ran into a similar problem with my laptop as well. It was using the CPU as opposed to the graphics card and it had a black screen.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 7 2018, 08:58 AM
Dragonfire
Posted: Feb 8 2018, 04:28 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Jan 30 2018, 09:28 PM)
^I'm glad the 60FPS tip was helpful, even if inadvertently. happy.gif

This is unfortunately one of those games where the physics is directly tied to framerate (like for example PC versions of Vanquish and GTA V). The arcade runs at a locked 60, so it is not an issue there but when brought open to a normal open PC, it can deviate from there.

Even 1 FPS difference can be a big deal from testing so far. A constant 10 FPS drop throughout the course can cause a difference up to 25-30 seconds in Tsuchisaka with everything else being equal, more or less.

I didn't know it at the time since I was still researching the cause, but the left one was running at 60FPS and the right one was running at 50FPS constant due to a Nvidia settings. Only found out after I placed an FPS counter.

https://youtu.be/6Q0P8FKAeZM

https://youtu.be/RflnV0X4tVI

Reason why the disrepency was because my computer was at to run at 50Hz without me realizing it, but because the newer version of TP forces the game to output at 60Hz regardless of settings in Fullscreen Mode, I never noticed the drop in Windowed Mode because I usually play Fullscreen.

TLDR, if you play in Windowed Mode make sure your display settings are set to 60Hz. Especially the if you own a 120Hz monitor.

Yeps. thanks for the hint again. and when i had it at 75hz it ran very fast and i barely could control my car lol. but now im running into new issues. my game crashes when entering a race. i have tried deleting the cards and nope crashes. both id6 and id7 does it. i had a time with id7 beign stable but i played id6 and that somehow made my id7 crash again when beign past the 8303 message.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 9 2018, 04:57 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Random crashes are hard to diagnose so I'll give you some general tips and hope that it helps with tie issue somehow:

1. Also ensure your AV and/or Windows Defender is off, they sometimes interrupt and modify the game because they sense a false positive. When troubleshooting, this simplifies things.

2. Take your dump folder and move it into the root of your C letter drive.
IE - Basically go to your dump folder, right click and press "Cut", then go to My PC, right click on your C drive and select "Paste".

Also, give TeknoparrotUI permanent admin rights.

3. And after all that it still fails, go download a new copy of the dump or if you have a RAR backup, uncompress that and run the game from the newly unpacked dump.

Sometimes for whatever strange reason the dump can become unplayable or corrupted in some instances. I don't know why but sometimes this fixes issues for me.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:01 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
Sometimes for whatever strange reason the dump can become unplayable or corrupted in some instances.

Hmm, I wonder if it, oh, I don't know...has something to do with the software loading the dump being in beta and doing unexpected things? whistling.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:40 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Officially it's not really in beta anymore, we past that months ago.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 9 2018, 05:40 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

Well, just because it's not called 'beta' doesn't mean it isn't beta software. Unless it actually does everything it should, it's still beta. So I'm really not surprised that games just suddenly end up corrupt for no reason at all.

21 Pages  « 10 11 12 13 14 »