Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - No Turning Back

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 114,267  ·  Replies: 127 
> Initial D Arcade Stage Zero
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 9 2016, 07:59 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Getting emulation options for the newer games is really really really difficult. Even putting aside the difficulty of emulation them, the encryption on them these days are really really strong. Even the encryption on some conventional games have been pretty hard to crack lately due to some improvements in the field.

The last game where we got a glimpse of something like that is in D5 and even that is still incomplete. In fact, I don't think someone has even solved the problem of emulating cards for the D3 Chihiro emulator yet either, even if it is out.

That doesn't necessarily mean it may never come out but given the niche status of something like IDAS (reducing the amount of people interested in undertaking the project) and the increasing difficulty of cracking the protection, an emulation solution may take a long while to come, if it even does.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 9 2016, 08:05 AM
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Aug 10 2016, 11:14 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,345

Emulation does take a while, Look at the Xbox 360 and PS3 emulator, some people recently made emulators for those consoles, now we gotta wait several years until its stable, a few arcade games are still trying to be encrypted and emulated to make it stable, look at Primal Rage, people are still figuring out to emulate the game.

Right now the only Initial D arcade stage games we can currently play is 1-3, Lindbergh has been emulated, but I'm pretty sure its not finished, and RingEdge hasn't been emulated yet, so we have to wait several years from now.

This post has been edited by Eternal Firebird on Aug 10 2016, 11:20 AM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 05:13 AM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

Naomi emulation for 1-3 exists (Demul) and someone from the Arcade Projects forum has reverse engineered the card system, FYI. I don't know when that will make it into Demul but it's at least solved the issue of not being able to get cards anymore. Same person also cracked Chihiro cards for Wangan (obviously just the two versions on that hardware)

I heard buzz of Lindbergh emulation too but yeah, it's definitely early. And RingEdge would probably need spoofing a server to work or something if there's all that Internet functionality.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Aug 11 2016, 05:15 AM
soyandroid
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 08:50 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,896

QUOTE (Eternal Firebird @ Yesterday, 11:14 AM)
Emulation does take a while, Look at the Xbox 360 and PS3 emulator, some people recently made emulators for those consoles, now we gotta wait several years until its stable, a few arcade games are still trying to be encrypted and emulated to make it stable, look at Primal Rage, people are still figuring out to emulate the game.

Right now the only Initial D arcade stage games we can currently play is 1-3, Lindbergh has been emulated, but I'm pretty sure its not finished, and RingEdge hasn't been emulated yet, so we have to wait several years from now.

Lindbergh not need to be emulated, is just a PC with a special PCI I/O Board (that handles JVS interface and Security) and they are pretty cheap now in Yahoo Auctions.

I did the first MultiBoot for lindbergh, like 5 years ago.

Is just a security keychip (PIC 16F648a) a 256MB CF with the OS and menu and one 80GBytes HD with the images of all the games.

For more info you can contact Arcade-Projects admins

RingEdge is just same case as lindbergh, is always better to play on original hardware.

Games are more protected, and more difficult to get, but you still can get a RingEdge or RingEdge2 board in yahoo japan at a very cheap price.

I just got last version of ID8 V1.2+D on my twin ID5 cabinet.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDblHTpuZQ )

You can play the game on a single standalone cabinet without server.

You will only need a server in case you want to link two or more cabinets.

I have a server box installed that is mostly a third ringedge and a Yamaha router, feeted on a fancy box with an small 7" LCD, because is always more fun to play with some one else than play alone agains the machine.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by soyandroid on Aug 11 2016, 10:01 AM
Saint
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 12:57 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (soyandroid @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Lindbergh not need to be emulated, is just a PC with a special PCI I/O Board (that handles JVS interface and Security) and they are pretty cheap now in Yahoo Auctions.

I did the first MultiBoot for lindbergh, like 5 years ago.

Is just a security keychip (PIC 16F648a) a 256MB CF with the OS and menu and one 80GBytes HD with the images of all the games.

For more info you can contact Arcade-Projects admins

RingEdge is just same case as lindbergh, is always better to play on original hardware.

Games are more protected, and more difficult to get, but you still can get a RingEdge or RingEdge2 board in yahoo japan at a very cheap price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDblHTpuZQ

I have a server box installed that is mostly a third ringedge and a Yamaha router, feeted on a fancy box with an small 7" LCD, because is always more fun to play with some one else than play alone agains the machine.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx179/s...f3.jpg~original

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrrr-g2RyNg )
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 01:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (soyandroid @ 5 hours, 1 minutes ago)

Wait you can get a RingEdge in Yahoo Japan for cheap? How is it cheap?

QUOTE (soyandroid @ 5 hours, 2 minutes ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDblHTpuZQ

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx179/s...f3.jpg~original

shock.gif you can actually put a IDAS8 board in IDAS5 cabinet?
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 11 2016, 03:32 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Yup. D4-D8 all use the same cabinet.

And that setup is nice.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 11 2016, 03:37 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 05:30 PM

Move it, bucko

Wow, so card upgrades/etc can be done but you only need servers for MP?

I guess if someone were to crack the protection on those they could probably figure out multiplayer too...
DK_Brawler
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 08:22 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

Impossible, online is routed to ALL net which is a paid Sega server.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 08:26 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I went to Yahoo Japan, and looked for RingEdge, its was 15,000 yen, thanks to a simple google search, its $147 in the US. Unfortunately I couldn't find a RingEdge with D8 or D6-7.

This post has been edited by Eternal Firebird on Aug 11 2016, 08:30 PM
SonicSP
  Posted: Aug 11 2016, 08:45 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (iDucKy @ 23 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Impossible, online is routed to ALL net which is a paid Sega server.

Emulating Sega's All.Net servers and the features that come with them is probably close to impossible but I think he is referring to emulating the black box server that allows local multiplayer.

You can technically trick the game into thinking that it's just playing againts "another local machine" and that local machine in an emulator can also be across the Internet Internet. The local multiplayer setup on those boxes are probably nowhere near as complicated. While this specific black box has not been successfully emulated, I have heard of some other home brew/emulator games that have facilitated online multiplayer through this method before. Of course doing it for real will be difficult but it wouldn't be impossible.

But yes it wouldn't exactly the same as Sega's real All.Net services. It would just be "online" local multiplayer in a sense. It would also will not apply Sega's current ghost system, which is vital to IDAS's real online battle mode.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 11 2016, 08:47 PM
soyandroid
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 11:28 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,896

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 2 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Emulating Sega's All.Net servers and the features that come with them is probably close to impossible but I think he is referring to emulating the black box server that allows local multiplayer.

You can technically trick the game into thinking that it's just playing againts "another local machine" and that local machine in an emulator can also be across the Internet Internet. The local multiplayer setup on those boxes are probably nowhere near as complicated. While this specific black box has not been successfully emulated, I have heard of some other home brew/emulator games that have facilitated online multiplayer through this method before. Of course doing it for real will be difficult but it wouldn't be impossible.

But yes it wouldn't exactly the same as Sega's real All.Net services. It would just be "online" local multiplayer in a sense. It would also will not apply Sega's current ghost system, which is vital to IDAS's real online battle mode.

Hi,

You can find cheap RingEdges in yahoo, for 100$ or less:

But You will not find a RingEdge with ID8 cheap, that will cost like 2500$.

Here is a RingEdge in Yahoo for just 10000 Yens, around 100$

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-e193792230

Off course those ringedge boards comes with useless games, normally satellite games, etc.

But to change game is just a matter of remove internal 32Gbytes SSD and swap it with another one.

About the emulation of the server is really not emulation, is just install a RingEdge motherboard with the ID8 Server application inside and have it working as a local multiplayer machine, without all.net conexion, you can have even have remote friends conected to your local server using a VPN configured inside the Yamaha router... and play with friends all over the world.

But off course all the features of the all.net server will be lost, for now, because all the code is there and the server app only needs to be patched a bit...

This post has been edited by soyandroid on Aug 11 2016, 11:31 PM
Takumi Fujiwara 1
Posted: Aug 13 2016, 11:05 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,889

I thought they said Arcade Stage 8 Infinity would the be the last one, guess I was wrong thats awesome! Wish we'd get these machines in the US, or atleast they would make a new console release i'd say its about time since the have had a game for every playstation ever made since the PS1 they even had a PC version but that wasn't nearly as good as the PS2 version or the PS3 one now.
SonicSP
  Posted: Sep 13 2016, 11:46 AM

Nagao Fanboy

So D0's official release date now is March 2017 in Japan.
SonicSP
  Posted: Sep 24 2016, 01:07 PM

Nagao Fanboy

http://www.segaworlditalia.com/2016/08/07/...e-informazioni/

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1153 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1153 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1357 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The article here seems to mention that the steering wheel is indeed smaller. I've seen that being noted elsewhere too.

Also, one of the pictures here shows a better look at the FD-style cabinet.

I think I may have already mentioned this before but I think the race HUD looks like a mess. Avatar feels too small while the info plate appears to be too big. Even on the bigger screen, I feel like they are too big.

They will probably go through some revisions though if past location tests are any indication and we'll probably get a new default tachometer too. I do love the fact that you can now see your opponent's car tuning specs though, it's like the only change in the D0 location test HUD that I like.

Personally speculate that the new default tachometer will have a shifter gear UI just like Wangan. It would greatly reduce the amount of thought needed in the heat of a race. I'm fine without one but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the feedback given by players during the location tests.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 24 2016, 01:10 PM
Falbere
Posted: Oct 3 2016, 12:23 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

faggot sega they said that 8 would be the last smh
http://initiald.sega.jp/inid0

This post has been edited by Falbere on Oct 3 2016, 12:25 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Saint
Posted: Oct 3 2016, 05:02 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (Falbere @ 4 hours, 39 minutes ago)
faggot sega they said that 8 would be the last smh
http://initiald.sega.jp/inid0

That was my main reason to dump my money rather generously on it lol. Cos I expected it to stay for a very long time. Alas, it was a lie. pinch2.gif

---

In the photos, I see a lack of card slot and there's no IDAS9 (yeah I call it 9, sue me) terminal like Wangan's, so I'm guessing there's no version transfer. sad.gif
SonicSP
  Posted: Oct 3 2016, 05:26 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Did they said 8 would be the last? It would be a weird statement if they did IMO.

QUOTE (Saint @ 22 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
That was my main reason to dump my money rather generously on it lol. Cos I expected it to stay for a very long time. Alas, it was a lie. pinch2.gif

---

In the photos, I see a lack of card slot and there's no IDAS9 (yeah I call it 9, sue me) terminal like Wangan's, so I'm guessing there's no version transfer. sad.gif

I have a feeling D9 will be the next game in line after D0.

It was unlikely for D8 to stay for a very long time even if it was the last one. There usually will be a natural rate of decline among the player base within the two year period. Even before D0's announcement, there was already quite a steady decline of players which made playing a bit difficult especially when it comes to finding players at specific skill levels.

There likely won't be a version transfer just like the last time they changed machines. While unfortunate, the loss isn't as bad if you consider that D7 to D8 transfer was also meager. They basically gave you next to nothing but a background and pretty much all your old cars with their original number plates. The tunings, external upgrades and avatar parts were all gone.

Still I wouldn't rule it out just yet, however unlikely the chances are. Remember that if you have a DNET subscription in D8, Sega pretty much has a full backup of your card on their servers. This is why you are able to "recover" your old data into a new card if you lost it while having a DNET subscription.

Aime cards are fully cloud based so a method of transferring the old data through this method is feasible without physically needing the old card reader on the player's side. If they do ever use this method, most likely all you need is your D8 ID number, password and PIN as well as an Aime card to transfer to and DNET subscription to transfer from.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 3 2016, 09:39 AM
Akii
Posted: Oct 4 2016, 02:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

If they do in fact make a console port from either D8 or D6 (not that they will), Imma jump straight to that instead.

Arcade to console conversion are nearly extinct (exception being Caladrius Blaze being the most recent one)
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Oct 4 2016, 02:45 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Akii @ Today, 10:01 AM)
If they do in fact make a console port from either D8 or D6 (not that they will), Imma jump straight to that instead.

Arcade to console conversion are nearly extinct (exception being Caladrius Blaze being the most recent one)

I hope so, I would imagine D8 on PS4 or PC. But I don't know why Sega hasn't port D8 on PS4, they ported the Hatsune Miku games on PS4 but why not the ID games, I heard the recent Guilty Gear games are on the RingEdge but Arc manage to port it.

I just hope Sega ports the ID games to consoles, but right now its not happening, if Sega ever ported the recent Arcade Stage to consoles, I'm pretty it would be in some kind of Collection probably with all the old Arcade Stage games.
Akii
Posted: Oct 9 2016, 02:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

The only chance that they might make a new port of IDAS, well.... if they took down IDES's online server. And thats not 100% guarantee that is a sign of a new port in progress
W.A.R
Posted: Oct 10 2016, 03:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

I wonder how long can they keep making arcade stages if the anime is long over, you can only do so much after something has ended.
SonicSP
  Posted: Oct 10 2016, 08:39 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 5 hours, 31 minutes ago)
I wonder how long can they keep making arcade stages if the anime is long over, you can only do so much after something has ended.

To be honest, as long as enough players are willing to play.

Most of the thing that makes new Arcade Stage entries isn't updates from the manga, but rather physics systems which is totally revamped on each release. Learning a new IDAS system is always super fun but also super challenging.

The cars provide an example of this, they're already adding cars that was never in the anime like the RX-8, R35 and Lan Evo X. The game still hasn't covered all the courses that was present in the anime and even when they do, they are still plenty of real mountain roads in Japan that they can take. Since most courses in the manga/anime/game courses that almost match their real life versions on Google Maps anyways.

Most Initial D players don't even play for the new story content, they come to see new gameplay mechanics and game features. And of course, playing Initial D battles online is blast in my opinion that no other game replicates for me as are learning the technical ways of tackling the courses. Playing Akina in D5 for example is completely alien to how you will play it in D7 while also being totally different from how it's done in D8. The type of footwork and steering work required is also very different and is revamped, which at least to us hardcore players we usually love to do.

You're right that they will run out of steam eventually but this will happen when the new game features become less interesting or if they make another super bad game like D4 as opposed to running out of story content to adopt from the manga/anime. As long as they can make interesting new physics systems (IMO D5 to D8 have been great games in their own unique way despite how different they are). It's just that IMO, the team that developes IDAS in general are that good to be able to keep us interested. As important as the Initial D IP is to the game, the developers certainly did a great job with the series in entirety (minus D4).

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 10 2016, 08:47 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 11 2016, 06:45 PM

Move it, bucko

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Oct 3 2016, 08:26 AM)
I have a feeling D9 will be the next game in line after D0.

Curious, why do you think this? Unless D0 is supposed to be some kinda spinoff or something...

If they actually do a D9 I have to wonder if they'd get Eurobeat back in.

Also I still do not get why the Legend movie stuff when there's clearly going to be cars and opponents from Second Stage and on. Plus the music selection is gonna be anemic if all they have to pick from is the BGM from the movies' action scenes.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 11 2016, 06:50 PM
SonicSP
  Posted: Oct 12 2016, 06:35 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^For music, I believe the music used in the location test is as follows based on what Arcade Belgium says:

- Strobe / CLUTCHO
- Inner Fighter / 月光グリーン
- Curious(D Mix) / BACKDRAFT SMITHS
- Candle Flames / BACKDRAFT SMITHS
- Avoid / CLUTCHO
- NO MATTER / the valves
- Crank It Up / BACKDRAFT SMITHS
- We'll start our race(D Version) / BACKDRAFT SMITHS
- Liberation / CLUTCHO
- one by one / the Hug me
- The Brave(D version) / BACKDRAFT SMITHS

Keep in mind that this is very likely to be the Location Test list. In the location tests for previous games they have used different songs in that never made it to the final version. But this will give you an indicator on what to expect.

I only watched the first movie and never pay much attention to what songs were what in that so I can't comment on the content.

However it wouldn't surprise me if songs that were not in the movie made it in. There have been quite a number of songs that was in the games that was never in the anime, usually they only have to be of the same genre to be chosen.

=======

To be honest, the D9 thing is just pure speculation on my part as opposed to any concrete reason. Currently the whole Zero thing is specifically tied in to the Legends movie including things like voice actors, art style and music style likely to take advantage of the fact that the movies were released recently. Once these things get further away in the next cycle in approximately 2 years time, they may just switch back to the classic and arguably more recognizable IDAS.

That and of course there would be nowhere else to go after this if they wanted to make a new game which, as long as there is enough demand, will continue to happen........

........although that was before I realized that they could go on to make Zero 2, Zero 3, Zero 4, etc..........which essentially would make Zero a "reboot" series of Arcade Stage sorts. While I'll be sad to see the voice changes and the change in music genre, as long as the gameplay and things like number of tracks and cars remain similar, I'll be okay.

^Basically that means don't pull a D4 where quite a number of tracks were removed and the gameplay was mainly regarded as terrible by most of the base.

Part of it will also hinge on how the reboot themes in Arcade Stage would be received as well which includes things like the artwork - and especially the music. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to D9 because of the music alone IF D0's poorly received but nothing's guerenteed at this point.

In any case, it's been shown in the past that a new ID cabinet by Sega means that they are considering multiple re-iterations of the game that re-used the cabinets. So I doubt Zero will be the last game bar any huge business problems like the game having not enough demand by players or the cost of licensing the Initial D brand/music dramatically increased.

Sega's arcade division and the company had a turnaround lately IIRC in the last financial statement, so whatever they are doing it appears to be working to get them out of their horrible slump that they got due to their underperforming/failed mobile game investments.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 12 2016, 07:58 AM

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »