Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Max Coveri - Golden Age

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

41 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 199,990  ·  Replies: 1,010 
> [IDAS8∞] Post Your Day, What'd ya do?
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 05:41 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (Rin @ 2 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Where do you play? I don't see D8 cabs anywhere at BTS

Please go check at Dnet, under Malaysia section. Thanks.
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 06:23 AM

Max Aura Racing

Member No.: 41,589

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 2 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Try to look out for roll cage in the interior of cars. Those are higher spec cars.

Ard spec 5. (Before the half of it)
nasaeepandai59
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 08:59 PM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

Still in the process of tuning. Its so painstaking but one thing I find unique about the TeamSide option is that now it can either continue to the story or it will be a TA or Online battle.

It adds that element of surprise and I was shocked at first as to why I was brought to the online search for an opponent when I was just a peasant trying to tune a car (still at Spec 4 dammit) and have to battle with a Spec 3 FC at that time. Kinda unfair, but it adds that challenge to it. Other than that, still otw there.
achc
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 11:14 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 37,289

QUOTE (nasaeepandai59 @ 2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
It adds that element of surprise and I was shocked at first as to why I was brought to the online search for an opponent when I was just a peasant trying to tune a car (still at Spec 4 dammit) and have to battle with a Spec 3 FC at that time. Kinda unfair, but it adds that challenge to it. Other than that, still otw there.

You do realise that those are actually computer players, not real online opponents...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Falbere
Posted: Oct 21 2014, 01:58 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Yes, they are not real players. There are some dead giveaways. For example: bots always have brake lights on before the battle starts, and secondly, when you pull away from an opponent far enough, you will realise he will be in this rubber-band advantage meter, always -149.9m to -150.1m
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 21 2014, 07:31 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I lost like 10 battles today and yesterday. I'm really not doing well.

Maybe I should focus on tuning the car first......
NBK
  Posted: Oct 21 2014, 08:36 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 10,230

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
I lost like 10 battles today and yesterday. I'm really not doing well.

Maybe I should focus on tuning the car first......

The struggles.

I'm two upgrades from full tune. Will try to go and knock those out and start time attacking today.
nasaeepandai59
Posted: Oct 21 2014, 11:16 PM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

Crap.. I didn't know that up till now. Thanks for the info smile.gif

Played TeamSide like a maniac today spilling the water everywhere just to quickly tune up my car. Still at Spec 5 and quite some time before FT.

I just find it a bit difficult when BA-ing or BC-ing as the speed drops down considerably even at this higher spec. I need more time to adjust myself and to quickly get my cars up to form because Im feeling a bit weird when I see people beside me in the arcade with most of the missions completed and higher ranks.

This post has been edited by nasaeepandai59 on Oct 21 2014, 11:17 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 22 2014, 02:25 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I really want to say it but I'm afraid Okami's going to kill me..... sad.gif

Anyhoo my wallet hurts but SPEC 5 REACHED!!! w00t2.gif

=======

You know, I wonder why Sega have those mock online battles in TeamSide? I mean they even give away free games when you win assuming your operator turns I it on. I like it but it's just.....strange. Even have a location and all that. They seriously trying to pass it as an online battle?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 22 2014, 02:29 AM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Oct 22 2014, 10:13 AM

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 7 hours, 47 minutes ago)
I really want to say it but I'm afraid Okami's going to kill me..... sad.gif

Anyhoo my wallet hurts but SPEC 5 REACHED!!! w00t2.gif

=======

You know, I wonder why Sega have those mock online battles in TeamSide? I mean they even give away free games when you win assuming your operator turns I it on. I like it but it's just.....strange. Even have a location and all that. They seriously trying to pass it as an online battle?

Even if your operator turns it off, it's still 3 max wins and the wins doesn't count as wins for online battle, it's considered as story mode one round only haha. The location of the mock online battle, doesn't exist in any part of Japan. LOL neither does the AI in it.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 12:29 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Finally reach Full Spec! Now.....I need to research videos because I still have no idea how to play this game or more specifically each courses. Still just winging it. Sometimes BC, sometimes BA.......sometimes press both.

Also realize you can press brake while running a straight line AND STILL INCREASE SPEED, LOL.

Man, wish I can use Nagao in Online Battle but it would be awhile before it's unlocked I guess. I certainly never expected Iro Reverse to be my home course in any Initial D game ever....and yet it is for now.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 23 2014, 12:30 AM
Falbere
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 12:33 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 4 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Also realize you can press brake while running a straight line AND STILL INCREASE SPEED, LOL.

I think that had been here since IDAS7AAX?
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 12:55 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I don't think it's this light though, then again I rarely tried doing that a lot then because the brakes then are super strong when not pressing accel.
Pasta
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 03:00 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 11,928

Got my R34 FTd and visually modded day before last, and spent yesterday TAing and cleaning up my Story Mode clears. Only ones I've got left is the RivalSide as Sudou vs Takumi and the RivalSide as God Foot vs Keisuke. Looking forward to the next set of story levels after that. Also used the accumulated points to tune my NSX to part way through Spec 3.

No times to report yet as I'm still getting used to BA and BC.
NBK
  Posted: Oct 23 2014, 11:01 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 10,230

Full tuned. Some TA and battles here and there but nothing fancy to report. This game gets harder the more I play it, I can't BA/BC at all what so ever. Feels so slow. facepalm.gif
Pasta
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 05:24 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Ran a 2'48'5xx on Usui CCW in my R34 which would be the 17th fastest R34 time. I can definitely do much better as well. I'm terrible at the double hairpins, and I smacked hard on the last turn, so I'll definitely get faster. Not bad for first week FullSpec though. My NSX is halfway through Spec 5 as well.

Still couldn't get InfinitySide unlocked though.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Pasta @ 5 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Ran a 2'48'5xx on Usui CCW in my R34 which would be the 17th fastest R34 time. I can definitely do much better as well. I'm terrible at the double hairpins, and I smacked hard on the last turn, so I'll definitely get faster. Not bad for first week FullSpec though. My NSX is halfway through Spec 5 as well.

Still couldn't get InfinitySide unlocked though.

Infinity side can only be unlocked after another 4 chapters unlocked in another patch which only available via Sega online connections. Hence without patch one can only go until the Imitation project D chapter.

No comment on R34 handling, I'm only doing a 43" using Sil80 and S13 and a 44" with 86. What I suggest is you might wanna use a better handling car to get used to the game first upon mastering the game only move on to hard handling cars.
Pasta
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 06:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Nah, I work the opposite way. I start with the most difficult cars, then when I move to easier cars, it's like taking off the training weights. I mained the R34 in Ver. 3 as well. I'm pretty positive I could run a 45 with a little more practice. I had a couple runs where I was minus up to 1.5 seconds on each lap, just couldn't put it all together.

As for Infinity Side, that's depressing. sad.gif
achc
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 07:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 37,289

QUOTE (Pasta @ 53 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
Nah, I work the opposite way. I start with the most difficult cars, then when I move to easier cars, it's like taking off the training weights. I mained the R34 in Ver. 3 as well. I'm pretty positive I could run a 45 with a little more practice. I had a couple runs where I was minus up to 1.5 seconds on each lap, just couldn't put it all together.

As for Infinity Side, that's depressing. sad.gif

God of handling, please teach me how to play sad.gif

Guess I will start using a Prius this time

SonicSP
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 02:25 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I watched videos where people play Nagao DH without using Brake Accel but I couldn't really do it when I try.

Specifically some of the tight corner sections of CP1 and 2. CP3 and 4 is mostly easy and barely need any brakes but I'm curious how people do it. I tried using BCs on the early sections but couldn't get it to work well. Need to work on this.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 24 2014, 02:28 AM
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 02:35 AM

Max Aura Racing

Member No.: 41,589

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 10 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
I watched videos where people play Nagao DH without using Brake Accel but I couldn't really do it when I try.

Specifically some of the tight corner sections of CP1 and 2. CP3 and 4 is mostly easy and barely need any brakes but I'm curious how people do it. I tried using BCs on the early sections but couldn't get it to work well. Need to work on this.

Same goes to akina.
Nodame
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 04:01 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 44,833

SonicSP, I assume BA is stepping on the brakes and gas separately?

if you want to go with that BA approach, it's do-able. you'd probably have to step on the brakes longer and release it at the correct timing.

SonicSP
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 08:54 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^No, that's BC I guess? Been experimenting a bit on that place today.

Played a lot this week, much more than I planned. This game sure has a high learning curve. Confidence is low after today (played badly in a lot of runs)but will keep trying. I think need to work a lot on lining and entering angles.

Trying to access the tabulated ranking databases to find out what car to get next for my main card since I'm accumulating excess points but couldn't access RP-TAKI and couldn't find any other ones for now.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 24 2014, 08:54 PM
Falbere
Posted: Oct 25 2014, 03:25 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Played events mode today. Didn't really liked the background reward, so i aimed for stickers. It was quite easy on my main card, because i have my car full-tuned. But the suprise is it is also easy for my spec 4 fc on my alt(E3).

Just hope the reward cut-off doesn't go up to 4200.

EDIT: oh and one more thing, RIP Timezone Arcade (Tampines). Last day of operation 2 Nov 2014

EDIT 2: Damn the reward gone beyond 4200. Only got sticker for my main card :/

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Oct 26 2014, 04:58 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 25 2014, 10:32 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^That's unfortunate. I always feel sad when I hear arcades close down.

I got an RX-8 today and it's not as fun to drive as it was in D7. sad.gif

41 Pages  1 2 3 4 »