Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Past Days

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

37 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 267,629  ·  Replies: 924 
> Introduction to IDAS8 Infinity, All you need to know to move on from IDAS7 to IDAS8.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 5 2014, 08:50 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

user posted image
This thread will cover most of the things you will need to know for IDAS8 if you've played IDAS7. All info written here apply to the Japanese release of the game, and EXP versions of the game.

--------------------

QUICK LINKS
TRANSLATED MENUS HERE!
List of Tachometers
PROJECT. D MISSIONS and REWARDS
Known Legend of the Streets 超一流(top tier) requirements (Use google translate, japanese)
INITIAL D .NET FOR EXP
頭文字D .NET FOR JAPAN
Online Battle Rebalances History (Use google translate, japanese)

--------------------

Latest game version: Version 1.2 +D Rev.12

• Re-balanced cars in Online Battle.

--------------------

Index
    • Key New Features[LIST]
    • New Tuning System (Version 1.2 +D Rev.6 update)
    • GUI
    • D Coin
    • Initial D Factory
    • New Garage System
    • Initial D License Card
    • INITIAL D .NET Online Service (IDAS7 feature: Previously only available in JPN, TWN, HKG, Now available at all locations with online machines)
    • New Cars
    • New Courses
    • Updated Physics
    • New BGM
  • Updated Game Modes
    • Legend of the Streets
    • Time Attack
    • Online Battle
    • Online Tag Battle
    • Operation Kanto Tag Battle

--------------------

Key New Features

New Tuning System (Version 1.2 +D Rev.6 update)
Added the next SPEC for tuning called "EX FULL SPEC", Previous FULL-SPEC is equivalent to "EX SPEC", and now tuning looks like:
Normal(no upgrade) > Spec-1 > Spec 2 > Spec 3 > Spec 4 > Spec 5 > Ex Spec > Ex Full Spec (end)
In order to go from Ex Spec to Ex Full Spec, it costs 121,500 points for members and 135,000 for non-members. This means the price to full-tune a car had gone up to 170,010 points for members and 188,900 points from non-members compared to previous 48,510 points for members and 53900 for non-members.

GUI
The Game GUI have been updated with the following:
  • Changeable Tachometers
  • Changeable Paper Cups (does not replace map)
  • Turn Sign Assists
  • Titles (Comparable to titles in Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series of games)

D Coin
"D Coin" is an in-game premium currency that is bought with arcade credits.It will be saved in your "Initial D Driver license". It have many applications, such as tuning vehicles when you don't have enough points.

"D coin" cannot be purchased, or used, on arcades that are not connected to online services.

Initial D Factory
"Initial D Factory" is an entirely free feature. Arcade credits is not required to enter it.

In order to enter the "Initial D Factory", you just have to press the "View change" button in the demo screen, select "Factory", then insert your "Initial D Driver license".

In the "Initial D Factory", you will have access to the following options:
  • Garage
    Choose your current car/buy a car
    Add/Change Aero parts, Supply parts
    Tune your car
  • Spin Parts (D Coin required)
    Character Parts
    Character Frames (Backgrounds)
    Titles
  • Purchase D Coins
  • Check Play Data
  • Subscribe to DNET Membership
  • Settings

New Garage System
New system allows cards with already 3 cars to buy a new car by deleting your old car. Old car's SPECs will be remembered. Aero Parts will not be saved however.
For example: You delete a SPEC 3 Trueno AE86 Hatch for a Trueno AE86 Coupe. After that you buy your Trueno AE86 Hatch back, it will remain SPEC 3

Initial D License Card
Here are new features exclusive to card holders.
  • Free Continue ticket
    Every day you play, you will earn 1 "Free Continue ticket". You can use it to continue to play for free.
  • Card Transfer from IDAS7AAX
    • Only machines connected to the internet can peform a card transfer
    • Cars and their colors will be saved
    • Car will be reset to NORMAL (SPEC-0), and Aero parts will be removed
    • Auras, Ranks, character gender and everything else will all be reset
    • You will get 12 D Coins for card transfer

INITIAL D .NET Online Service INITIAL D .NET FOR EXP , 頭文字D .NET FOR JAPAN
It is an online service that have the following features:
  • View your Profile
  • Check Legend of the Streets progress
  • Look at number of wins on courses in Online Battle
  • View your best Time Attack records
  • Event Participation Results
  • Tag Battle records and details
  • Project.D Mission Requirements
  • Check your Garage, and cars you've already bought before

DNET also runs a paid subscription service that needs to be renewed every 30 days.
DNET members enjoy these extra features
  • Add "Battle Comments"
  • Check Online Battle History
  • Change Name (one time only, only double-byte characters (including kanji, chinese) supported
  • Create and join racer teams
  • Store and change character parts
  • Add battle appeals
  • Store and change countdown voice
  • Store and change Titles
  • Store and change Paper Cup Style
  • Store and change Tachometers
  • Store and change car exterior parts including event stickers
  • Change Initial D Factory background style

New Cars
The newly added cars are:
  • TOYOTA CELICA GT-FOUR [ST205]
  • NISSAN SKYLINE 25GT TURBO [ER34]
  • SUBARU BRZ S [ZC6]
  • MITSUBISHI LANCER RS EVOLUTION V [CP9A]
  • MITSUBISHI LANCER GSR EVOLUTION VI [CP9A]

Currently, all these cars are UNLOCKED VIA UPDATE. You will have to update your offline machine to unlock them.

The upgraded car is:
NISSAN GT-R NISMO [R35]
Previous owners of the NISSAN GTR [R35] will automatically upgrade to the NISMO version

New Courses
  • Hakone, Toyo Tyres Turnpike(箱根, マツダ ターンパイク)
  • Momiji Line, Nichien (もみじライン, 日塩)
    *Snow courses had been removed, except Akina Snow (秋名雪)

Updated Physics
Physics had been updated, and is brand new.

New BGM
Music List here.

--------------------

Updated Game Modes
Now, playing Legend of the Streets, Online Battle and In-store Battle, will all fill "Mychara Gauge", once completely filled, will give a chance to spin for a character part.

Legend of the Streets
The races had been grouped according to racing teams of Initial D. You start of as a new member of the team.
Each race have its own requirement, from simple things like "win by 100m advantage" to more advanced things like "Simulation 3: pass your opponent at the final section", and even ridiculous stuff like "Make Iketani faint."
Each time you complete a race, you will be ranked from 二流,一流,超一流 (2nd tier, 1st tier, top tier) based on your performance.
When you complete a whole team's TeamSide battles with 一流(1st tier) or better, the team's RivalSide battle is unlocked.
RivalSide involves you playing as a character from INITIAL D, and you are required to change the outcome of events that take place in the Initial D Universe.
When you complete all RivalSide battles, InfinitySide is unlocked.
InfinitySide will be reset every monday.When you complete all battles with 一流(1st tier) or better, Bunta's Challenge will be unlocked.
Getting 20 Infiniti rank would unlock wings aura(basic wings, dissappear after a while). 100 rank will unlock permanent wing. 250 and later, wings will have more feather, and amount of feather grows gradually by amount of rank.
NEW FEATURE(1.2 Update)"Barricade": Prevent your opponent in Online Battle from choosing up to 3 courses that you don't with to play (D Coin required)

Time Attack
NEW FEATURE(1.2 Update)"Ghost": Load your fastest time's ghost data in Time Attack (D Coin required)

Online Battle
Your opponent is now solely decided by your Racer Class. E3 will only be against E3 +- a rank or two.
Instead of having 2 bars, one orange and one blue, you only have ONE unified Racer Class Gauge. This gauge is only filled by Online Battle, which means only online battle can change your Racer Class (Rank). This also means offline cards will have a max Racer Class of E3.
When Racer Class Gauge is filled to the brim, "Up-rank battle" will occur on your next online battle. losing an "Up-rank battle" will cause your Racer Class Gauge to fall back.
When Racer Class Gauge is empty, "De-rank battle" will occur on your next online battle. losing an "De-rank battle" will cause your Racer Class de-rank.
D Coin can be used to re-try an "Up-rank battle" or a "De-rank battle".
There is a special up-rank method, that can be done at all low ranks, even E3. If you are consistently winning matches by a large distance ahead of your opponent (typically above 100m) and have a very good win/lose ratio, you are likely to be specially rank up and skip directly to A3 after winning a match. This process is to help experienced players level up faster and dis-encourage good players to smurf in the lower ranks. If you want to prevent this rank-up, you can try keeping the distance between you and your opponent in ~50m before winning. This will eliminate your chance of getting a special up-rank.

As already mentioned, finishing with a high distance while already having a good win/loss ratio will increase the chances of you jumping to A3, if that's what you're going for.
Same as IDAS7AAX, your basic yellow aura will first appear on Racer Class A3.

Online Tag Battle
Online tag battle levels will unlock different aura visual styles, except wings, which is unlocked in story mode.

Operation Kanto Tag Battle
Tag Story Mode had been updated, with new characters such as Seven Star Leaf members and Evo 5 and Evo 6 dudes.

--------------------

Source:
http://initiald.sega.jp/inid8/howto.html
https://sega-initiald.net/inid8/p/service/index.html

CREDITS
@ExPreSS518LoVuR for providing info on card transfer from IDAS7
@ -=SHINN=- for PROJECT. D MISSIONS Requirements

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jul 16 2017, 07:07 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 6 2014, 12:04 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I read "Free Play".

How is that supposed to work in a Timezone?

Also, do our old cars carry over?

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Sep 6 2014, 12:07 PM
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 6 2014, 05:22 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 5 hours, 18 minutes ago)
I read "Free Play".

How is that supposed to work in a Timezone?

Also, do our old cars carry over?

It is not certain if the "free play" will be carried over to EXP machines like the ones in Timezone or Timezone Active. But even if it does, it is gonna work. Because you can continue to play for winning online battles anyway.

According to past experience, as long as your IDAS7 card is transferrable, your car will be imported to IDAS8. All the cosmetics will be saved, but your car might be tuned down. Cosmetics will be reset and your car is tuned down to SPEC 0

EDIT: updated info shows only your car colors are kept.

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Sep 26 2014, 09:16 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 6 2014, 09:54 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Wait a minute, removed snow courses (besides Akina Snow)!? I haven't played in years, but I never knew they had courses besides Akina which had a snow option.
OkamiWind
Posted: Sep 6 2014, 10:23 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 29 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Wait a minute, removed snow courses (besides Akina Snow)!? I haven't played in years, but I never knew they had courses besides Akina which had a snow option.

It mainly was back in AS7, where there was Tsubuka and Nanamagari snow. So it was...eh, plus it they were update courses.

I don't know if there's a real RivalSide requirement for winning, it is simply win the race. Sure there are some 'mission' requirements, but that's simply stuff similar to the races before you can race RivalSide.

I know for the Fake Project D RivalSide (where you play as Itsuki and the AE85) I just raced and won. Plus i got the highest grade, think it was a distance battle or not hit the walls deal.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 8 2014, 03:51 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ Sep 6 2014, 10:23 PM)
I don't know if there's a real RivalSide requirement for winning, it is simply win the race. Sure there are some 'mission' requirements, but that's simply stuff similar to the races before you can race RivalSide.

I've seen it whereby you race as Miki (ST205), against takumi. Once takumi passes you, you cannot get the high rank. So I think it might not be as simple. But if anybody can confirm this it will be better

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Oct 23 2014, 01:35 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 8 2014, 05:42 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Got a question: Are Wet Time Attacks back or is it also unavailable like D7?
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 9 2014, 07:59 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 5:42 AM)
Got a question: Are Wet Time Attacks back or is it also unavailable like D7?

IDAS8 is not available in my area, (well, i don't live in Japan) but from videos on youtube, I've yet to see a single wet TA. So we can safely assume no wet TA.
OkamiWind
Posted: Sep 9 2014, 10:50 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ Yesterday, 3:51 AM)
I've seen a youtube video (sorry couldn't find it anymore) whereby you race as Miki (ST205), against takumi. Once takumi passes you, you lose. So I think it might not be as simple. But if anybody can confirm this it will be better  sad.gif

Well I have yet to unlock that battle as Miki yet, so I will take your word on it. FOr what I know though, here is what I have unlocked and what you need to do to 'win' for the RivalSides.

Night Kids: Can't go past the red steering.
Seven Speed Stars: Can't go past the red steering. (Personally this was much harder)
Todou Racing School: No special conditions.
Fake Project D: No special conditions.

Yet to unlock the others, but recently finances and school are making it hard for me to play recently.

@SonicSP Yeah, no wet TAs. Sucks, but whatevs.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Sep 9 2014, 10:51 AM
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 10 2014, 05:56 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

I like the new hakone course... basically 超高速extreme speed course. you are doing 200+KM/H almost all the time. There are also jumps. What a surprise. It is almost like playing WMMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVwDAITCb0

This post has been edited by dummyinthecity on Sep 10 2014, 05:58 PM
RIT_ninja
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 07:09 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

The game is partially locked at the moment, not all new contents are available. I'm not liking how Sega is preventing us from playing content already in the machine. Cars, courses, and even story mode are locked until we see September update...not in a hurry to play the game until everything is out
OkamiWind
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 07:42 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 32 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
The game is partially locked at the moment, not all new contents are available. I'm not liking how Sega is preventing us from playing content already in the machine. Cars, courses, and even story mode are locked until we see September update...not in a hurry to play the game until everything is out

Yeah I don't particularly like what the hell Sega is doing now. Basically all the new cars (BRZ, Evo V and VI, and ER34) are locked, Hakone and Momiji Line are locked from TA, Story stops at Fake Project D. Bleh.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Sep 10 2014, 07:42 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 11:43 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 4 hours, 33 minutes ago)

I think they've been doing this since D6. Not to this extent, but the general practice I mean.
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 05:29 AM

Max Aura Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,589

Per 30 days...

What if i wan perm?

324 yen = 3.82 singapore dollars/month

Wah cheap.

This post has been edited by ExPreSS518LoVuR on Sep 11 2014, 05:39 AM
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:07 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ExPreSS518LoVuR @ Today, 5:29 AM)
Per 30 days...

What if i wan perm?

324 yen = 3.82 singapore dollars/month

Wah cheap.

You won't get it perm. It is like a subscription, once you stop playing your membership terminates. BTW this had been available in IDAS7 too, except not in our region. If you have a HKG, TWN, or JPN card you could still buy membership on the specific ID.NET region website. So far I've only seen 1 dude that have member in SGP on IDAS7.

$4 a month okey la, but I don't even know if it will still be this price when the EXP machines reach SG. Maybe they will not give us ID.NET like IDAS7AAX. -.-"
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:14 PM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 7 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
You won't get it perm. It is like a subscription, once you stop playing your membership terminates. BTW this had been available in IDAS7 too, except not in our region. If you have a HKG, TWN, or JPN card you could still buy membership on the specific ID.NET region website. So far I've only seen 1 dude that have member in SGP on IDAS7.

$4 a month okey la, but I don't even know if it will still be this price when the EXP machines reach SG. Maybe they will not give us ID.NET like IDAS7AAX. -.-"

i know. D7 is pretty different from D8.

some of the members of their team in sgp has membership. not just one.
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:19 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ExPreSS518LoVuR @ 4 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
i know. D7 is pretty different from D8.

some of the members of their team in sgp has membership. not just one.

I mean that I've only seen 1 in person, and watched him play biggrin.gif
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:21 PM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 2 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
I mean that I've only seen 1 in person, and watched him play biggrin.gif

who?
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 11 2014, 06:48 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ExPreSS518LoVuR @ 26 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
who?

I can't really remember the name of his card, but it was a black 86 2-door sedan. had 4 event stickers on it too.

in person, he is kinda fat (sorry i don't wanna offend anybody haha biggrin.gif)
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:03 PM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 15 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
I can't really remember the name of his card, but it was a black 86 2-door sedan. had 4 event stickers on it too.

in person, he is kinda fat (sorry i don't wanna offend anybody haha biggrin.gif)

i think i know who it is
Falbere
  Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:11 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ExPreSS518LoVuR @ 8 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
i think i know who it is

Don't leave me hangin'... so, who is this guy?
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:14 PM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 2 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Don't leave me hangin'... so, who is this guy?

he's a so called frequent player in tampines. quite pro in akina snow...
D33DO_R32
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 06:27 PM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

so the game definately need online connection right? are offline D7 cards transferable?
Akii
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 06:39 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

Only machines are connected online have the ability to transfer cards. I think Indonesia is among the countries to have online connectivity, so keep your hopes up.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 07:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^Eh I thought it's confirmed already?

But either way, you're arcade must support online even if your country has it. Because your arcade needs to pay Sega to be online, they would also have to agree to it also.

37 Pages  1 2 3 »