Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Transmission

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 429 430 431 432 433 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,325  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Posted: Sep 6 2018, 09:47 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 7:24 AM)
If your goal is tourism and watching weeb shit then you don't necessarily need formal classes (though I absolutely positively still recommend them). You can get by by learning the structure of the language thoroughly (verb conjugation, particle words) and then filling in the vocab blanks through...well, watching your weeb shit, and poring over a dictionary.

Reading will require more learning, and should be focused on once you have listening and understanding down so you have a point of comparison. Ignore writing unless you intend to use it (or need to use it, in the case of a graded formal course). For one, computers will do writing for you, and for another, tourism won't really require it and neither will watching weeb shit.

As for specific information about classes, I can't help you there. You need to do that research on your own.

いやぁ、二年前の事ですがありがとうございます。 happy.gif

thank you for the reply. i do want to learn the language properly to my best extent (weeb aside). being able to deal with the raw vids isnt the true goal of this. i havent really traveled outside of the country to a place where the language was foreign to me. i know english and since i live in Quebec french is also a 2nd language. travelling to Japan not knowing the language and getting anxious about not being able to communicate properly is my main reason to take it seriously. yes there'll be tour translators but i want to have more than that to rely on.

i think i'll break into the audio Cds the start the process so i can get the language structure started.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 6 2018, 10:03 PM
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 20 2018, 08:45 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

xiao
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 08:28 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

10 bucks says it was cause they were updating something & forgot a digit in a random string of code 🤔 ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1281 x 620. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 08:43 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I'm a little disappointed they didn't just straight-up make an upscaled console that can still play the original game disks, but with the right games, I'd still find this to be a worthwhile and enjoyable purchase, depending on what they put on it, of course.

I'm buying for shits and giggles.
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 24 2018, 09:42 AM

But game discs have higher loading times. tongue.gif

Nintendo's trying to gain members for their silly charged Switch Online by selling NES controllers which can be only purchased if you're a member of said service.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 25 2018, 03:50 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Have you played an older game lately? They don't have much to load in the first place, and much of our memory of long load times comes from the fact that they were loaded on older hardware that's not nearly as efficient as what we're used to now.

Anecdotal experience: THPS loads much faster on a Dreamcast than a PlayStation, and even faster on a PC than both consoles.

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Sep 25 2018, 03:52 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 25 2018, 08:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

It's all about laser speed. The faster you can spin the disc and accurately read it back with your laser, the more data you can transfer off of the disc per second. Go fast enough and you might even have to worry about the speed of the bus handling the transfer of that data into whatever will be temporarily storing it.

When talking about CD-based games, anyway.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Sep 26 2018, 04:42 AM

moon bunny

Welp my 2015 HTC One M9 finally kicked the bucket .. somewhat. After years of subjecting it thru +100°F heat inside a car it was never meant to handle, watching full-screen YT videos on the Chrome app for days on end, and leaving the camera on until the battery died.

It still works ~ sort of ~ just as long as it's plugged into a wall outlet .. otherwise it lasts 10 minutes on a "100%" charge then - boop - phone's over until I plug it back to the wall again.

Osoraku it's a battery issue .. but I'm too lazy to get it repaired. I payed approx $700 USD for this junker when it came out new, and it lasted me a good 3+ years, so I've no regrets.

Oddly enough this happened exactly ONE month before the new rumored Pixel 3 and Razer 2 phones come out in October .. so I took this Gao Gao HTC-saurus right up to the edge of what procrastination could hold.

Next month I'm finally buying a new phone, out of necessity sweatingbullets.gif Camera is the only important thing to me .. so I'll be basing what phone to get strictly on it's dxomark score.
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 26 2018, 12:46 PM

Oh, I didn't take into account that technology evolved over time. derp.gif

Also, been using my first generation Xperia Z for over five years now and it's still fully functioning.
xiao
Posted: Sep 26 2018, 01:52 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
Also, been using my first generation Xperia Z for over five years now and it's still fully functioning.

I don't use air conditioning or roll the windows down when driving ~ at all ~ and after I get to wherever I'm going I like to sit in the car with the windows up like a sauna to induce sweating .. I love sweating!Then I ran 5 miles with my phone in a thick rubbery case in 100°F weather purposely avoiding shadows ~ doubling it as a music player/camera ~ again cause I love heat!user posted image

I can't recall how many times my phone's shutdown, drenched in sweat & hot to the touch, while Android gave me that little temperature warning battery icon 🌡

Your Xperia Zed wouldn't last a month with me!
xiao
Posted: Sep 27 2018, 03:02 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 3:52 PM)
Your Xperia Zed wouldn't last a month with me!

user posted image ヒートマンです。
Posted: Sep 30 2018, 10:45 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

lol, is that a tech red mega man?

Btw, i bought some habanero peppers from maxi today. i noticed that some had the usual red yellow and green color. in those sealed packs there were dark purple/chocolate covered habaneros.

are these overripe normal habanero peppers or are they the chocolate variety? i tried a 1/8 sliver of both orange and the purple one and the purple one was noticeably hotter and stronger.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 30 2018, 02:05 PM
xiao
Posted: Sep 30 2018, 02:41 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 3 hours, 49 minutes ago)
lol, is that a tech red mega man?

Negative ~ it's the New Dr. Light (Product) Redâ„¢ Mega Man XS Max .. now available unlocked via Sprint & T-Mobile online2long.gif

Speaking of peppers ~ I really wanna try this sauce:

Hellfire Reaper
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 4 2018, 04:16 PM

No words can describe how much I hate EDM.

Also, that sauce looks dangerous. online2long.gif

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Oct 17 2018, 08:09 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 4 2018, 06:27 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Just me and the boys.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Oct 4 2018, 07:02 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Also, that sauce looks dangerous. online2long.gif

user posted image おそらくヤバイですね .. [2018] [2010]

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
No words can describe how much I hate EDM.

Specifically which songs Nerubi-san .. any examples ?? unsure.gif

Just curious 'cause I like some EDM tunes while others I'm totally indifferent to ~ ♪
Posted: Oct 4 2018, 09:25 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i dont intend to start a rant or bash tech but are the common controls on the tablet/smartphone screen games an equal platform to the traditional video game consoles? you see the people swiping and tapping the screens to play the games but are the games equally fun or are they not as equal to the video console controllers. the controllers have a larger range of functions and the tablet games are forced to either minimize controlling functions or find other ways to integrate them.

i still much prefer systems that have the controllers as i find the game more immersing as the controls havent been optimized to work on limited player inputs.
xiao
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 12:35 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
i dont intend to start a rant or bash tech but are the common controls on the tablet/smartphone screen games an equal platform to the traditional video game consoles? you see the people swiping and tapping the screens to play the games but are the games equally fun or are they not as equal to the video console controllers. the controllers have a larger range of functions and the tablet games are forced to either minimize controlling functions or find other ways to integrate them.

i still much prefer systems that have the controllers as i find the game more immersing as the controls havent been optimized to work on limited player inputs.

Nope, you're entirely right.

Traditionally speaking, PC gaming is more high-end than console gaming, and console gaming is more upscale than mobile gaming. Historically that's how hardware & software evolved in parallel.

In the future this might change as the lines between stationary & mobile gaming blend, and more & more companies spend resources pioneering state of the art mobile technology. Nintendo is already breaking ground with the Switch, and Asus with their upcoming ROG smartphone.

Young people always lead every market, including gaming, that's economics. And since young people are generally on-the-go, limited on time & money, the rise of mobile tech will probably keep rising.

If you don't like mobile technology, become an engineer and show young people by example, how stationary gaming is superior than mobile gaming. But young people will continue to be at the forefront of everything, until they themselves are superseded by the generation of young people after them, and so on.

Change is inevitable, we can only embrace or resist it, that's the dynamic nature of life itself. clover.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 02:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (207 @ 5 hours, 6 minutes ago)
i dont intend to start a rant or bash tech but are the common controls on the tablet/smartphone screen games an equal platform to the traditional video game consoles?

You're asking the wrong question. The answer to your question, the way you asked it, is "it depends on the game in question."

For instance, I only really play rhythm games on my phone, and they play just fine with a simple touch interface. I do however have a PSP emulator on my phone, which is decent enough for, say, playing mahjong but probably would be a little weird if I tried to play, say, Gundam VS.

So yep, depends on the game. A well-designed game that properly takes advantage of the control medium offered by the platform you're designing for is key.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 09:22 AM

moon bunny

Back in 2012, I was going through a lot of suffering and I had a series of dreams I still remember to this day. Those dreams were my hope every night, and saved my sanity in an otherwise oblique place, where the people in charge and your own peers would treat you like an animal at times, or an object at best.

One particular dream I had was extremely beautiful; everybody looked young as if we were all 19 years old. This place was exactly like the Earth we live in today, except every single thing looked like if it was ran through a purple sparkles emoji filter. I remember thinking, "Wow, we're all Japanese!" The skies were surreal, and the Moon was Terra-formed, lined with cherry blossom trees. Every single person in this world was happy and laughing and making beautiful things with one another. Even people you wouldn't expect to be there, were there, and no one could remember why we were all so happy... and no one really cared, because there was no suffering, and everything was perfect. It seemed as if time itself was sustained by the very smiles of the people that inhabited this universe - world - dimension - whatever it was.

I woke up crying, because I wanted to go back, I wanted to live in this lucid dream forever.

A couple of weeks later I had another dream; it wasn't as beautiful as the first one. This world was like a fallout wasteland version of our Earth. There was no animals or trees or water, just a pale ketchup color that drenched everything, including the people walking around aimlessly. No one was physically suffering or being tortured, but everyone had their heads slouched to the ground mumbling incoherent things to themselves. I remember being unable to breathe by the thick congestion in the air. Everything was really really sad, and nobody knew why, or how they got there. When two people stumbled into each other by accident, and tried to console one another, they'd be unable to smile no matter how hard they tried... no one could even remember what the word "joy" meant. Just a city of persons walking around aimlessly, in eternal sadness.

I woke up scared, thirsty, and profusely sweating. I remember thinking, if there's a hell, that's probably what it'd be like.

I was fortunate to escape that nightmare I was living through in 2015, but I still haven't forgotten all the strange dreams I experienced during my stay in that place.

SPOILER

In other news, it's almost Halloween, I should probably stop buying $30 sports bra's, and actually cosplay as something ~ derp.gif
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 09:52 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Ty for the replies Xiao and N1. its true that it depends on the game very much. simple direction control games are easily adaptable to mobile gaming. the racing games are more of a grey zone as there are a few more needed controls. its the same for the 1st person shooter games.

the racing games do have adaptability but ive seen the tilt functions on the games and it seems a bit awkward/weird to not have a joystick/wheel to control such movement. i dont know if there are mibile raging games that have manual trans options but that would seem to need some good "button" placement to work out well.

as far as the 1st person shooter games, i find the mobile version severely lacking as the player is usually stationary and the opponents appear at different locations. im sure they could work in some maneuvering functions to change your shooting location but that might make the game slightly more complicated. though keep in mind that i only saw/played 1 such game briefly and the aiming function was a bit difficult to use properly as im more used to console versions.
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 04:45 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 5:02 AM)
Specifically which songs Nerubi-san .. any examples ?? unsure.gif

Just curious 'cause I like some EDM tunes while others I'm totally indifferent to ~ ♪

Basically, all kinds of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFjtHaoN00
It just sounds so flat and unimaginative to me.
xiao
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 05:57 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 48 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
Basically, all kinds of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFjtHaoN00
It just sounds so flat and unimaginative to me.

Man I closed that YouTube video faster than a neko pyon pyon ~ user posted image

Yeah music's always subject to personal taste & experience, but I think people that go to those Ultra concerts just attend to interact with other people, or drugs, or I don't know? The music itself is kind of bland & nauseating.

There's some EDM songs I like though, like Swedish House. It's like finding a heedle in a naystack ~ but they're there ♪

--- --- ---

In other news .. Apple being Apple derp.gif

SPOILER
Posted: Oct 5 2018, 09:09 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

so im trying 2 experiments today. i bought some Absinthe (70%) today and im just trying it. it tastes pretty much like hot liquorice and i definitely cant take a full shot in 1 go, gotta sip it slowly and thats only half a shot's worth of Absinthe. its not that bad IMO but its strong. 40-50% alcohol is my preferred strength for the liquor.

my other experiment is rising ATM, im making my own pizza dough and it should be good. only doing enough for 1 pizza crust atm. its 25% whole wheat, 65% white wheat and 10% cricket flour. gonna see how it ends up tasting but ive already made some lemon cakes with the cricket flour. ive made 25% whole wheat pizza crusts several times and they turned out very well.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 6 2018, 08:52 AM
xiao
Posted: Oct 6 2018, 12:48 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ Drunken in the Franxx)
i bought some absinthe (70%) today and im just trying it. it tastes pretty much like hot liquorice and i definitely cant take a full shot in 1 go, gotta sip it slowly and thats only half a shot's worth of absinthe. its not that bad IMO but its strong. 40-50% alcohol is my preferred strength for the liquor.

Pics of said Absinthe would be interesting ~ here's a can of Nos I was drinking last week user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4032 x 2268. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

447 Pages  « 429 430 431 432 433 »