Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - LET'S ROCK!!

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 118,982  ·  Replies: 357 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 13 ]  [68.42%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Some third party bullshit [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 06:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 1 minutes ago)
I'd say he's pretty successful now. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And I truly, honestly hope it works out for you.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 07:01 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

And now we're the well oiled up and loose asshole of the world now. Come get us big boys! biggrin.gif
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 9 2016, 07:27 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 26 minutes, 48 seconds ago)

A handful of hours into Trump being the president-elect, relations with Russia and Britain have improved automatically. I have hope. ;^)

QUOTE (APX @ 22 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
And now we're the well oiled up and loose asshole of the world now. Come get us big boys! biggrin.gif

lol
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 07:35 AM

ShiMACHaze

And as for me, one of his campaign promises was killing my health insurance, so that's pretty great right off the bat. Plus that whole FADA pro-discrimination bill, which is also pretty great. I don't have nearly the same level of hope you do, but perhaps you aren't affected by any of those changes, in which case...well, like I said, I honestly hope it works out for you.
xiao
  Posted on Nov 9 2016, 08:33 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Well it was a cool movie while it lasted ~ cast your votes for next election in 20/20 cause I'm voting for Kanye Westsssaiiiiid! (and so should YOU!) → ↓ ← ↑ → ↓

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=u9x92nwGf_M )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 10:17 AM

ShiMACHaze

Ron Perlman is running against Yeezy, though, so fuck Yeezy.

Then again, if Ben Shapiro runs, I'll probably vote for him instead. laugh2.gif
Tessou
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 10:46 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)
And as for me, one of his campaign promises was killing my health insurance, so that's pretty great right off the bat.

Fuck Affordable Care Act. $1200 a month for a bronze plan with a $5500 deductible is not affordable.
RalliKai
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 11:09 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Premiums here in PA to spike by as much as 60% in 2017. I can't afford the ACA premiums now. Sure as hell can't afford it next year.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Nov 9 2016, 11:11 AM
Tessou
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 11:27 AM

Group Icon

I never bought into it. I've been eating the IRS penalty every year since ACA passed, except in the years when I was in the USAF since I was under automatic federal health coverage. Last time I calculated the predicted rates for next year, we'd be paying $740 each per month for an incredibly shitty plan. Fuck that.
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 9 2016, 12:34 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 46 minutes ago)
Fuck Affordable Care Act. $1200 a month for a bronze plan with a $5500 deductible is not affordable.

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
I never bought into it. I've been eating the IRS penalty every year since ACA passed, except in the years when I was in the USAF since I was under automatic federal health coverage. Last time I calculated the predicted rates for next year, we'd be paying $740 each per month for an incredibly shitty plan. Fuck that.

Yeah, my better half has been pretty fucked as a result of it too.
teknoman
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 01:23 PM

Official IDW Quiz-bot 5000â„¢

Group: Members
Member No.: 644

Actually, Howard Stern and the rest of the gang was commenting on Donald Trump winning the Election. check this out

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/yKWE1hQQd2s )
xiao
Posted on Nov 9 2016, 01:28 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)
HELLBOY is running against Yeezy, though, so fuck Yeezy.

Then again, if Ben Shapiro runs, I'll probably vote for him instead. laugh2.gif

shock.gif ~ Although if my plucky BF Ben Afflac the Batman runs for prez I will yield my children to that man! laugh.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 09:08 AM

ShiMACHaze

I don't get it. I guess I don't get it because I'm below the poverty line and that changes something? If my premiums were $1200 I wouldn't have health insurance, because even when I was working two jobs I was probably only just barely making that much per month. I definitely don't pay that, and I'm definitely covered, and that definitely only happened after ACA passed.

I see there's a very different side to it for some people, and that's rather eye-opening. From my end, it's done nothing but keep me out of bankruptcy proceedings. ermm2.gif
Tessou
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 11:12 AM

Group Icon

It takes two jobs to make "barely" $1200/mo? What economy are you living in?
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 10 2016, 11:23 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 11 minutes, 6 seconds ago)

I can only assume he means $1200 after taxes and all bills/living expenses, but even then, for two jobs that seems strangely low. Calicucks must have it real bad.
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 01:45 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Shirogane @ Today, 12:07 AM)
Honestly, that's more of the case in the US, from what I could gather. Fuck, I doubt he'll have much ground in the west coast than he would in the inner states.

And my take on his presidency? Eh, who cares. He just wasted his time. And even if I'm glad we never got Clinton, I'm just going to be one of those centrists and wait for the inevitable shitstorm with a smile.

to be honest, id have rather seen Hillary serve for 4 years and get bumped out by better candidates in 2020. she's not the most trust worthy but she's not an insane kook like trump. heck, if trump manages to impeach himself before his 4 year term ends then all the better for him. its funny that he was a fan of the song "you cant always get what you want".

now im off to watch the delayed South Park se20 e7 on YT and enjoy the chaos.

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 10 2016, 01:49 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 02:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 22 minutes ago)

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)
I can only assume he means $1200 after taxes and all bills/living expenses, but even then, for two jobs that seems strangely low. Calicucks must have it real bad.

After taxes, yes. As for what economy, it was the one that wouldn't net me full-time work, so I had to pull one part-time job while also doing unreliable contract work that paid a lot better but had more wild and unpredictable hours. That's kind of why I decided to finish my degrees, so that maybe then McDonalds would hire me full-time or something. derp.gif

It's pretty shit, don't move out here.
Tessou
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 03:04 PM

Group Icon

Gotcha. I thought you were talking about gross instead of net for some reason.

Me, I make roughly 3 grand per month, net, on a "bad" month where I'm not getting 40 hours every week. They want me to pay nearly half of my wages on fucking health care that I never use because I don't treat my body like a sewer. My old plan when I was working at my previous job gave me more benefits than Obamacare's bronze package, for $225 per month, as the company was footing a portion of it for me. My current company can't do that with their revenue this year, but it's in the works. As soon as it's available I'm springing for it. If Trump kills ACA, more power to us to make our own fucking decisions.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 04:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

During Bush's administration, I took myself to the ER for the first time in my life over abdominal pain that I worried might be appendicitis as I had never had it removed. They did some diagnostic tests, ruled out appendicitis, then gave me painkillers and told me to wait and see what happened. The problem resolved itself after two days of rest at home.

They then sent a $11,000 bill. My work paid about half of that, leaving me to pay over $5,000 out-of-pocket. I had maybe made that much money (after tax) since I had started working a year prior, but that would be if I hadn't spent any of it, which of course is insane. I was going to end up being bankrupt at age 21. Thankfully there was a loophole in California related to MediCal about being under age 21 under a certain income level, because I was admitted to the hospital roughly a week before my 21st birthday. In the end, I didn't have to go bankrupt. Had I been admitted two weeks later, I would have been.

That was 2007.

Since then, I have been to the hospital three times. One ended up being innocuous, the other two correctly diagnosed and treated bacterial infections. With those three, total cost out-of-pocket was the cost of antibiotics, so about $25. All that is the ACA.

So, if you're telling me that he's repealing the ACA and going back to how it was under Dubya, hopefully this illustrates in detail why I might have something against that.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 10 2016, 04:45 PM
RalliKai
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 06:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I've been very fortunate healthwise. Aside from the normal dental checkups, I've never even had a visit an ER in my life. I try to help out though by not treating my body like crap either. When Obamacare premiums started climbing, I gave them the finger and chose to pay the penalty.

I'm seeing so many left-leaning friends guilting anyone who voted for Trump by stating essentially you voted to take healthcare away from millions. My old healthcare was already taken away by the current system however and I don't think "tweaking" it is going to make it affordable all of sudden. It's just too broken.

Sidenote, cost of living near Pittsburgh isn't cheap but I don't want to think about CoL in Cali or surrounding D.C. ermm2.gif
Master0fMadness
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 07:32 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

So after the shock and 5 stages of grief wore off, I realized there were actually a few wins On Election day in America.

Pot legal in 4 out of 5 states' referendums? Victory.

Nebraska restores the death penalty, California speeds up their tremendously slow death penalty system. Nice.

But that's peanuts compared to Maine, who now does SINGLE TRANSFERRABLE VOTE/RANKED CHOICE VOTING. That is definitely something to get hype about since it essentially eliminates the spoiler effect.

Also, Trump sitting down with Obama and essentially going "Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing. Teach me, Mr. Myagi." in what was supposed to be a quick tour of the white house. Also, it looks like he ain't going to go all Gestapo on clinton anymore... for now, at least.

That doesn't mean for one second that I have any intention of going "okay, maybe it won't be so bad, time to go back to not caring or doing anything." Gotta stay woke, be vigilant and push for that 28th amendmant. Otherwise, we'll end up with something way worse than Trump in 2020 or 24.
Master0fMadness
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 07:47 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 6:56 AM)

Seconded and thirded with Hannah.

I hope it works out for all of us. It's hilarious how the mainstream media predicted a blowout in Hillary's favor.

Whoops.

Only person who came close to predicting it was Kyle Kulinski, and even he was like 'she's going to barely squeak by with 279'

Then PA was called. Yeah.
xiao
  Posted on Nov 10 2016, 07:55 PM

moon bunny

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=ggcBfffwTl4 )

user posted image
kyonpalm
  Posted on Nov 10 2016, 08:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (207 @ 7 hours, 8 minutes ago)
to be honest, id have rather seen Hillary serve for 4 years and get bumped out by better candidates in 2020.

To be honest, I'd have rather seen Hillary serve time in jail and been replaced by an actually-good Democrat nominee (whoops, that doesn't exist).

At least there's still hope for the former bit.
Tessou
Posted on Nov 10 2016, 09:42 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 hours, 59 minutes ago)
During Bush's administration, I took myself to the ER for the first time in my life over abdominal pain that I worried might be appendicitis as I had never had it removed. They did some diagnostic tests, ruled out appendicitis, then gave me painkillers and told me to wait and see what happened. The problem resolved itself after two days of rest at home.

They then sent a $11,000 bill. My work paid about half of that, leaving me to pay over $5,000 out-of-pocket. I had maybe made that much money (after tax) since I had started working a year prior, but that would be if I hadn't spent any of it, which of course is insane. I was going to end up being bankrupt at age 21. Thankfully there was a loophole in California related to MediCal about being under age 21 under a certain income level, because I was admitted to the hospital roughly a week before my 21st birthday. In the end, I didn't have to go bankrupt. Had I been admitted two weeks later, I would have been.

That was 2007.

Since then, I have been to the hospital three times. One ended up being innocuous, the other two correctly diagnosed and treated bacterial infections. With those three, total cost out-of-pocket was the cost of antibiotics, so about $25. All that is the ACA.

So, if you're telling me that he's repealing the ACA and going back to how it was under Dubya, hopefully this illustrates in detail why I might have something against that.

I don't know if he'll kill ACA. I do know that he recognizes some severe problems with it and may simpky take measures to make it actually affordable for everyone instead of just one group. I'm happy to see it simply tweaked.

15 Pages  1 2 3 4 »