Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Remains of S30Z

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,736  ·  Replies: 35 
> Super Eurobeat Vol.238
Tessou
Posted: Apr 23 2016, 07:36 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (eXtaticus @ 4 hours, 59 minutes ago)
>being this wrong

Hey, the new stuff's better than how things were in the Delta-ABC-Time days, when at least a third of the labels on each volume were trash.

At least now it's only like two out of seven who are consistently bad - though SAIFAM's offering was pretty disappointing this time, and IMO, they appear to do the female-sung tracks a hell of a lot better. More fun/catchy melodies, better-sounding synths, etc.

Dima, GoGo's and SCP always win the race, for me, personally. I honestly think that people look at most pre-2004 eurobeat that wasn't from A-Beat C with rose-tinted glasses; such a huge amount of it has always been pretty uninspiring, tbh. ;X

I will relent slightly and admit that after a few more passes, I enjoy a total of three tracks. Sometimes it takes a bit of chiseling to "get" a song.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 23 2016, 09:46 AM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Your attempt failed. I didn't go in expecting to dislike anything. Your assumption is what caused you to accuse me of being a spoilsport when I was offering an honest opinion of the album.

You feel shat upon? I think you're acting a bit too high and mighty to make me look like a bully.

Also, telling me to skip the albums and only buy singles is a bad way to promote SEB and this site. It's a thinly veiled method of asking me to leave a thread. I expect an apology from you.

Whatever you say. It's your honest opinion, sure, but there are ways to say "the whole thing was pure trash" without shitting on anybody else and be seen as patronizing.

High and mighty? WTF. OK, sure, I have strong opinions and I agree that I tend to show them around a lot, especially about FLAC, but it doesn't mean that your opinion is void because I'm apprently "so high and mighty". If you would have written that post differently, we wouldn't even be here arguing. And, yes, I wouldn't have bothered. Honest truth. The tone ticked me off.

I didn't tell you to buy the single(s), in fact, I was pointing to junodownload because you can preview the whole tracks if you wish so (although a bit annoying) and a way to listen to Mauro Farina's recent writings because you seemed to only care about him. Nothing else, nothing more. How's this a "bad promotion" for SEB or IDW? I can't grasp the logic because buying the single encourages this particular artist, buying SEB encourages them all instead of a particular one. Linked or not, would you have purchased "Hero" or SEB 238? So, link or not, it wouldn't made a difference. This also was not a "thinly veiled" attempt to make you leave the thread. I've simply told what was running through my mind (badly) because of your tone of your original post.

An apology? The only thing I really did was assuming something wrong. Who doesn't generalize something at least once in their life (willingly or not)? If you tell me that you don't/didn't, I reserve myself the right to doubt your statement.

An apology because, apprently, there was, I quote, a "thinly veiled method of asking [you] to leave the thread"? Again, no such thoughts ran into my little head when I wrote my original reply. That was your second assumption; the first being that I am "high and mighty" which I debunked above.

Last thing: You may not see your post as patronizing or offending. However, there are all sort of people in the world and there also all sort of different reactions you'll get from a statement from multiple people. I am the proof of that. I found it patronizing, you didn't when you wrote it. Keep that in mind.

P.S Kudos on your futher listen though (honest opinion).
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 23 2016, 01:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 3 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Whatever you say. It's your honest opinion, sure, but there are ways to say "the whole thing was pure trash" without shitting on anybody else and be seen as patronizing.

What part of
QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 10:33 PM)
14 smoking turds and one 2-star track? Sounds like modern SEB to me.

is shitting on anybody else?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 23 2016, 01:55 PM

🎧

Heh. I re-read myself so much, I started believing it a little bit too much. I guess the word "turds" had a little bit too much influence on me here.

*feels incredibly stupid*

I can't believe I escalated this into the above. I was half asleep then. bah.

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Apr 23 2016, 01:56 PM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 23 2016, 01:56 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Didn't feel the need to explain myself further. Moving on.
otter87
Posted: Apr 27 2016, 05:10 PM

Sexy Guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,113

lol

edit - i'm halfway through the album and yeah, it's pretty lackluster.

This post has been edited by Gruzky on Apr 27 2016, 06:40 PM
otter87
Posted: Apr 27 2016, 07:19 PM

Sexy Guy

Member No.: 37,113

what's up with the sample of the dude talking about marijuana in Kiss Again rofl
skibblesx
Posted: Apr 27 2016, 09:53 PM

Frog Lord

Member No.: 43,002

xiao you say the weirdest shit ahaha
takumi333
Posted: May 1 2016, 11:31 AM

Mixmaster General

Member No.: 45,197

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1361 x 769. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Posted: May 31 2016, 02:21 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 35,561

Anybody like listen David Dima - Shoot! ?
Lebon14
Posted: May 31 2016, 04:48 AM

🎧

QUOTE (463028625 @ 2 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Anybody like listen David Dima - Shoot! ?

I love that song! it's a slow start but once you made it past the first riff, it's amazing.

2 Pages  1 2