Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Idol - Idol

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,346  ·  Replies: 4 
> Virus - Malware - Ransomware
khat17
  Posted: Jun 19 2021, 07:25 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

Hi all. Encouraging everyone to stay safe online. The rise of ransomware especially has made doing stuff online more risky. Practice safe browsing. Get a good AV if you're going to be doing risky stuff. Use virtualization. Or just use Linux.

Keep safe everyone.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2021, 02:26 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Is that still your rig today, the setup in your sig? A Core2 still in use in 2021 would be impressive.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 22 2021, 08:23 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jun 21 2021, 06:26 AM)
Is that still your rig today, the setup in your sig? A Core2 still in use in 2021 would be impressive.

>6GB of DDR2
>2011+10
I couldn't imagine.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 27 2021, 07:42 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Also, don't open emails that appear suspicious, and especially don't download attachments from said emails or links.
khat17
  Posted: Nov 2 2021, 08:37 PM

IDW SIMPLETON

Member No.: 17,668

Nah. I've upgraded maybe ONCE or at most - TWICE - since then. I think I've got an i3 with 24GB of DDR3 and 5T of storage. Too busy (and lazy) to actually update that. But I may check what I have in my desktop and update.

Since I'm doing a bit more off solar now, I hardly turn on my desktop unless I have to. My desktop drinks the batteries - so I either use in the daytime or for the bare minimum needs at night - then swap over to my laptop. Gotta conserve that power.