Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dino Starr - Give Me Your Love

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,720  ·  Replies: 201 
> Top Gear 50'000 pounds Challenge, A revamp, this time. Sorry about the last one...
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 07:22 AM

Always Lurking...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,050

Right, after that humiliating abandonment on the last challenge, I swear I wasn't able to return, since I'll be on the run by the other contestants wielding daggers and chainsaws, especially Fat Man. But no matter, I had to get round and set up a new one, in which I'll have Hamster (VTiRoj) to hunt me down if I were to go missing. But without further excuses that I may come up with, I present you this next challenge.

With the 50'000 pounds you have, go out there and buy a new, or old Front Wheel Drive sedan. If you purchase an old tin can you are entitled to a free oil change while the new ones... don't.

With that, you are to meet up in De La Sarthe I, normal circuit, Difficulty 5 where a tuner would provide you a Stage 1 NA Tune/Turbo. (Not included in the costs). You are then to race two laps around the circuit. Each time you go over the grass, you'll lose a point. Only state the overall lap time. However, post pics if you were to find anything funny or amusing, just to keep the Top Gear's nature.

The points system will function as follows. Depending on the number of contestants, the leading will the the most points while the last placed contestant will achieve one point.

I just hope Hammond and Clarkson won't be running around in those Alfa Romeos...

Only 10 participants are allowed in the competition, all based on real-life counterparts...

James May (Captain Slow) : Outlaw-2
Richard Hammond (Hamster) : VTiRoj
Jeremy Clarkson (Fat Man) : Fin-toy
Big Stig :
Tiff Needel : Dr1FT3R
The Stig : JZX100
Jason Dawe :
John H Davis : Sweeper
Sabine Schmidt : Bridget
(Insert Star in The Reasonably Priced Car) :

Current Standings of the first challenge

Jeremy Clarkson - Fin-toy - 9'52.160
Sabine Schmidt - Bridget - 10:10.883
Richard Hammond - VTiRoj - 10'13.632 - 5 penalties
John H Davis - Sweeper - 10'31.951
James May - Outlaw-2 - 10'49.358 - 1 penalty
Tiff Needel - Dr1FT3R - 11:28.453 - 9 penalties
The Stig - JZX100 - ?

Standings for the Second Challenge

John H Davis - Sweeper - 44 laps
James May - Outlaw-2 - 30 laps, 31st lap at T10
Tiff Needel - Dr1FT3R - 25 full laps
Sabine Schmidt - Bridget - 16 full laps, 17th lap at T9
Richard Hammond - VTiRoj - 13 full laps, 14th lap at T7
Jeremy Clarkson - Fin-toy - 11 full laps

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Oct 2 2007, 04:07 AM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 07:38 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

Thats right, if May at any time tries to make a run for it, I'll hunt him down...

... which wont be hard, he is Captain Slow afterall rolleyes.gif

Now, off to find a sedan...

outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 08:22 AM

Always Lurking...

I was first to arrive in De La Sarthe I with my Honda Accord Euro-R.

Captain Slow: Now, the one I've bought isn't a new one, a tin can actually. It's the year 2000 model, has about 220BHP, and it costs... 12'985 pounds. It's a bargain from the new one which costs almost twice as much. The dealer said he had done an oil change recently, so I'm actually confident that this little fellow could perform. Though, there was a slight problem when I was heading down here...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Captain Slow: Yes... The car somehow spun out. It's an Front Wheel Drive car, and yet, it bloody spun out! That's... not going to help me ease the upcoming tension... Oh cock... It really feels like this car was already turning into Swiss cheese before I could even start the first challenge... But no matter, let's wait for the rest to arrive.
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 09:05 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Upon arriving at the Honda dealership, I caught eyes on a beautiful Honda Accord Euro-R, £25,000 and had every mod con on the list. I was tempted to buy one in a sexy red colour, but a friend of mine rang me up, saying he found a gem of a car advertised in the Auto Trader. wink2.gif

I went to have a look, and I was stunned. £24,135, for a black, Acura CL Type S, the 3.2L one wink2.gif New, these things are 32 grand, but since this is an '01 model, its considerably cheaper. And the bonus? Its the same engine in the '01 as the box fresh model, so I get the very handy, 260bhp, and 232 ft lb of torque. Now, the previous owner was honest, and told me it needed an oil change desperately. sad.gif

So, after grabbing a bottle of Castrol GTX out of my friends car (he keeps the weirdest of things in his car), we changed the oil on the guy's driveway. Then we started it up. OH MY GOD. This thing sounds almost like an NSX! I was instantly in love. And then we exchanged money, and keys. smile.gif

I took the same route as Captain Slow to Le Sarthe, and decided to do some "testing" of my Acura. And, this is what I discovered...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Yes folks, its not just Takumi who can gutter run wink2.gif

user posted image
And the brakes? I have the feeling they are actually off the NSX, almost gave me whiplash!

I wonder if I can catch May before we get to Le Sarthe whistling.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 09:11 AM

Always Lurking...

Captain Slow: A-choo! Ugh.. I wonder who was talking about me... And why do I have this sense that that a 2-door sedan is coming? And I wonder... this might be the first time I'm ever so early. I'm so tempted to start the challenge first... but I got to wait the rest- wait.... That's my bladder! Where's the toilet? *Runs frantically, leaving the TV crew to guard the Accord with the engine running*

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 28 2007, 09:18 AM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 09:38 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Well, I have my results. Since May was parked in another carpark I have no idea if he had been or not, his engine was running though, but he wasnt anywhere to be seen.

When I arrived, a mechanic from Acura set me up with the Stage 1 NA tune. Boosting power from 260 to 280bhp. One thing I noticed while cruising the HUGE straight was that with my comfort suspension, crusing at 150mph was incredibly smooth. Whilst the NSX behind me was jumping like a bean. Eventually the also soft 3000GT took advantage and overtook it though.

Anyway. My results.

1. Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '01 = 10'13.632
2. Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '95 = 10'16.059
3. Acura NSX '04 = 10'16.684
4. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II '94 = 10'17.676
5. Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT specB '03 = 10'18.764
6. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '96 = 10'19.218

On my first lap, I assumed Le Sarthe I was the one without chicanes, so I ended up near missing the barriers, and doing 150mph over the grass, just to avoid leaving a mark on my shiny black paint. Almost hit that darn NSX too. And also I ended up cutting a bit on the last chicanes, trying to avoid that NSX who broke a bit too early. So thats 2 grass penalties I guess. Assuming 2 wheels on grass/2 wheels on road isnt a penalty.
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 10:20 AM

Always Lurking...

James May: Hammond? I can safely say you're insane evading the corners like some ninja doing a berserk ballet dancing. And well....after meeting up a Honda representative who literally chucked in a turbocharger when I said I wanted the NA tune, I was well on my way. Oh yes, I only had 246BHP while the rest had about 280-300bhp, and guess what?

Captain Slow, living up to his name!

Honda Accord Euro-R 00'................... 10'49'358

Yes, Last place! The first place car; the Honda NSX, was the only car that did under the 10 minute mark! 9'59'156!

The car was so bloody slow from 4th gear onwards, and went past the redline in 5th gear, doing 240kmh. I managed to keep it clean through the corners, except for one. Yep, I was about to clip the corner via the rumble strips, when it went 'Whoops! Gutter trick! And hello grass!'

So, one point off from me. Uhh... all tyres must be on the track, and not on the grass, Hammond. Guess you were all over the place?

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 28 2007, 10:20 AM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 10:28 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Oh yes, when your suspension is tuned for comfort, its either understeer or understeer. Wasnt bad though, actually was more controllable than my 370bhp EG6. But having a Skyline and a NSX breathing down your neck isnt fun, so I pushed a little harder than Acura intended.

I think I did 2 wheelers on the grass about 3 times. Luckily Le Sarthe has large areas of tarmac where I needed it tongue.gif

Bad luck about the loss, I even had trouble with the 280bhp cars on the straights, and in theory I should be faster! I would of had no problems if it was Le Sarthe II, my top speed is in the 160mph range grin2.gif

Edit: Well, after getting home, I decided to order a brand new CL, and tune the balls off it, to see what my CL could become. And I gotta say, DAYUM!! w00t2.gif
My CL's "Evil Twin" *note the clear rear indicators because this is the '03 not the '01*
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Sep 28 2007, 10:57 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 11:51 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

Guys, what on earth are you doing? running front-wheel drive sedans against sports cars? blink.gif

Hmmm.. I think that I might.. or might not.. have something to say in this. *retreats to his garage, muttering something about crazy hamster and spaniel-looking nutjob* some day, those two will get us all killed.. dry.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 12:59 PM

Always Lurking...

Well then, look who's here?

Odd enough, after getting captured back by the Top Gear management with some gaffer tape and rope, they literally threatened me to start an insane challenge, and as you can see here.

Now, how about you getting off that cottage car the Mercedes you've ruined that goes to 60mph in 35 seconds, brakes like a boulder, corners like a leaning tower of Pisa, and accelerates like a heap of junk from your ruined Maserati Merak? Heck, even your 170 tons of Swedish car called the 760GLE goes faster than that brick.

Grab your Alfa Romeo 166, since you like that sedan, don't you?

OOC: Whoa... I think I almost went in character like Captain Slow

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 28 2007, 01:00 PM
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:03 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Dont forget that Starion he ruined, the Transit van he did a terrible job reattaching the door, and that Porsche 928 he had to sell in bits in order to shift it!

Oh, and the Panda that couldnt stay in 1 piece wink2.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:06 PM

Always Lurking...

Oh god, I crack myself up when I recall those moments, though, I am truly guilty of some crazy mishaps...

-Giant spoiler off the 944
-The Lamborghini Urraco, Constant Breakdown edition
-Bleeding Jaguar XJS
-Crashing into 'Puffin'
- And realised one huge thing... "Sailing... VERY BORING!"
VTiRoj
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:10 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ Today at 9:06 PM)
Oh god, I crack myself up when I recall those moments, though, I am truly guilty of some crazy mishaps...

- And realised one huge thing... "Sailing... VERY BORING!"

At least you did sail, I just, sunk... like a VW Camper... sleep.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:12 PM

Always Lurking...

QUOTE (VTiRoj @ Today at 1:10 PM)
At least you did sail, I just, sunk... like a VW Camper... sleep.gif

You might have forgotten the initials of your camper van...

TITANIC

laugh.gif

And as for Clarkson's... Upside down mania.
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:20 PM

IDW Banned Member

*scratches his ear with his middle finger absent-mindedly* tongue.gif

Anyways, I've got plenty of choices.. like Volvo S60, Nissan Primera 20V, some of those before mentioned old Alfas.. and few nasty surprises if I just manage to get my hands on them.. ah, BTE.. isn't Acura CL a coupé, not a sedan? Otherwise I will demand allowing the Alfa GT in this challenge.
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:25 PM

Always Lurking...

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 1:20 PM)
*scratches his ear with his middle finger absent-mindedly* tongue.gif

Anyways, I've got plenty of choices.. like Volvo S60, Nissan Primera 20V, some of those before mentioned old Alfas.. and few nasty surprises if I just manage to get my hands on them.. ah, BTE.. isn't Acura CL a coupé, not a sedan? Otherwise I will demand allowing the Alfa GT in this challenge.

Look at 2-door sedan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan

So long there's four seats in the car, I suppose it's all right.
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:36 PM

IDW Banned Member

In that case.. Alfa GT, here I come. *wide, smug grin* Acura might be top dog in power, but handling and acceleration will matter more.. especially that latter one, which is non-existant in that sluggish, lazy barge with hopeless slushbox.
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:41 PM

Always Lurking...

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 1:36 PM)
In that case.. Alfa GT, here I come. *wide, smug grin* Acura might be top dog in power, but handling and acceleration will matter more.. especially that latter one, which is non-existant in that sluggish, lazy barge with hopeless slushbox.

It really sounds like I've bought the wrong car, yet again... pinch2.gif
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:45 PM

IDW Banned Member

well, atleast you'll have hemoroid control in your luxurious leather seats. shifty2.gif
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 01:47 PM

Always Lurking...

Well, guess so. Hammond was all over the shop when he did his run...
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 02:18 PM

IDW Banned Member

Isn't he always? I guess he's finally recovering from that crash of his, judging from the reckless driving.
outlaw-2
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 02:25 PM

Always Lurking...

I doubt so... there were many times he did the insane as well...

-Almost lost control of the Zonda Convertible when we were in France
-Did a super 'Scandinavian Flick' in that Super Carry
-Crashed the Porsche Cayenne
-"I'M A DRIVING GOD!!!!!!"
-Crashed into a snow boulder when racing against the pipsqueak kayak

... and so on...
FinToy-83
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 02:29 PM

IDW Banned Member

and what about your brilliant little mishaps? like parking that not-so-good Lamborghini you bought.. crashing the caravan into the pole.. flimsy roof of the convertible people carrier.. shifty2.gif

anyways, my results:

Car: Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V, 285bhp/356nm with stage 1 turbo.

1: Alfa Romeo GT '04 9'52.160
2: Mitsu Evo VIII GSR '03 -[]-
3: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec II N1 '00 -[]-
4: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-Spec '99 -[]-
5: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R '99 -[]-
6: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C '04 -[]-

yup, beat them by a mile, thanks to the impressive braking ability of this car.

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Sep 28 2007, 03:24 PM
MattW
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 05:38 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

Big Stig has arrived, will not be in competition, until at least Monday, haha.
Dr1FT3R
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 02:36 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,173

After searching around the Used car mags and dealerships, I eventually tracked down a used '98 166, 23673.4 miles on the clock, in a stunning chameleon colour.
Here are the pics I took of it outside the owners house.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
After taking the car to get the oil changed, I headed for the challenge location. A series of hideously expensive shipping bills later, both me and my car were on the road to La Sarthe.

Stats at time first bought:

190 BHP @ 6200RPM
22.5kgf.m @ 5000RPM

After a fairly long drive I found myself at La Sarthe. It seemed deserted, so I went for a drive round. Apart from a few wrong turns and short detours, I managed to get round the course in one piece. I'd bought a manual, so it wasn't as fun to cruise as an auto was, and I could feel the computers in the car restricting me. I'd have to get the mechanic to fix that when he tuned my car tomorrow.

[edit] are we allowed superchargers?

This post has been edited by Dr1FT3R on Sep 29 2007, 02:45 AM

9 Pages  1 2 3 »