Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Monster at the velocity

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,166  ·  Replies: 26 
> arcade's unwritten rules, what's it like in your arcade?
whitewing
  Posted: Sep 20 2009, 08:52 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,839

lol yes first forum topic i started ever biggrin.gif not actually sure if this is supposed to be in this section, sorry in advance to the mods if i messed up unsure.gif here goes.

every arcade, every machine has its own unwritten rules that every player's expected to follow. i have some experience with these rules when i play tekken drummania/guitarfreaks or mt3. for initial d5 in particular, not so much (mostly bcoz i rarely see another initial d player pinch2.gif ) but if someone's waiting in line, i just usually finish my three game loop and give up the machine.

anyway, i was playin in G4 timezone, here in the philippines. i was nearly finished with my first game when i saw someone waiting behind me. never seen him before and he looked like a westerner, so it might have been his first time in this arcade (not implying anything else here, just stating the facts). when i swiped my card for my 2nd game, the guy suddenly started screaming "hey, wth man?? its my turn!". i'm not much of a man for conflict, so i told him i would get off the machine after this game. he agreed and three minutes of TA and awkward tension later, i got off the machine and he got on it without any bloodshed tongue.gif never saw him again since then.

this kinda suprised me, but i guess every arcade in every country has their own set of unwritten rules. so guys, how's it like in your arcades?
acstasy
  Posted: Sep 20 2009, 10:14 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 33,061

HUH?! wtf lol! did that arcade of urs onli got 1 machine? anyway so long as u hav money to play , it doesn matter whos turn is it .Just like using a toilet , when ur done with ur load then u get out XD.The others will jus hav to wait till ur finish.tongue.gif

I nvr got queing prob b4,but i usually see ppl putting their card sumwhere on the machine while its already taken to show tat the owner of tat card is next in line.
gns64
Posted: Sep 20 2009, 01:18 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 30,722

Here, it's as many games as you want unless someone's waiting.
gspeed
Posted: Sep 20 2009, 05:28 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 28,847

@acstasy
unfortunately, we have 2 machines in g4 but the other cab's condition is so worst..and we wouldn't dare to play in that machine coz it's just a waste of time and money..overall we have 4 machines in our country..

Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Sep 20 2009, 05:46 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (gns64 @ 4 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Here, it's as many games as you want unless someone's waiting.

And this above is what it's like in Malaysia.
whitewing
  Posted: Sep 20 2009, 07:30 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 33,839

awesome, i got replies biggrin.gif

and yes, gspeed is right about that other machine...ugh...u gotta wonder if the maintenance there even know HOW to fix it >.>

And this above is what it's like in Malaysia.

haha yeah XP. when i lived in indonesia and china it was pretty much like that. with the initial d in G4 it doesnt really matter mostly bcoz its always empty when i go, but if i try to play in MT it's also like that (oh crap, i jus realized now, should i be saying that i like MT here?? *runsforcover*) laugh.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Sep 20 2009, 07:33 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

When we're waiting in line, we put our cards on top of the machine. I usually leave it up there even when I'm going to play Wangan or go to the bathroom or something. Heck, even when I go grab something to eat, I just leave it there, but after hearing about so many people having their cards stolen, I've recently started to just bring it with me whenever I'm not going to play.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 04:42 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (gspeed @ Yesterday, 5:28 PM)
overall we have 4 machines in our country..

huh? blink.gif

over here i can play for as long as i like. very few people in my town play ID, most of them go for WMMT (or daytona) fear2.gif
but because i'm playing just for fun, i never go for more than 5 rounds. the machines are in bad condition; the seats are so loose that sometimes my foot can't even reach the pedals. short people are not encouraged to play idas laugh.gif
anyways i don't think the people lining up behind are going to play at all. they just like to watch others play smile.gif

another rule here; you don't criticise other players openly when they're playing
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 12:03 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

IMO it's tolerable to play as many games as you want anywhere as long you got the credits to do so... based on personal experience, the only time when it doesn't sound ok to do so is if you continuously suck with the game yet you still don't want to take a break and let someone else play... it's pretty embarrassing to let people watch you struggle with the game and the like... it's alright if it's a skilled player who's occupying the machines...

even if i have more credits to spend, i usually take breaks when i know i'm not doing well... i don't mind if i have to wait again, as long as the people playing are those whom i can learn from...

but arcade shops don't give a s**t about that, they're profit-oriented after all... as long as people play their games, no matter how the machines suck, then they can live with that...
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 02:03 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

lol i was watching some guy playing tekken 4 against 1 person. he was always losing and kept rechallenging 10-15 times. though i think the problem is in the players head. its like gambling and money. sometimes you win many you just dont do as well as you'd like to. you know you could get that lucky chance so you bear with the constant losses to go for that 5% chance.

@jerry lui: do you have any old ID v1-v3 cards you dont mind losing? whenever i reserve a spot i just place my v2 subaru as a place holder.i dont really care if its lost.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 21 2009, 02:05 PM
Jerry Liu
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 08:54 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

Lol, that'd be weird. Placing a V3 card on a 4/5 machine... I have a couple stock cars I guess I could use.
HokageOfMYhood
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 11:42 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,545

as a guy from NY living in Japan my view on it the initial D arcade ethics here isnt great. i dont care if a guy plays like 2 or 3 games in a row BUT in Japan all the high ranked people tend to go 30+games in 1 sitting while there's a group of people waiting to play and on double tune day..forget about it. that concept of playing till your done doesnt fly in the west because its only a game and the machine is gonna be there tomrrow and the day after that,all you have to do it play a game or 2 then rotate so everyone can battle/TA. its pretty selfish and it scares off new people from starting up new card.
zhenyu1994
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 11:48 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,649

most arcades i went to normally play a few rounds then stop but normally the machines are not full i tend to only play at 1 machine so i will wait for it to be free.

but for maxi tune its different biggrin.gif once i sit or others sit its at least 20 games le..
Posted: Sep 22 2009, 12:02 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Yesterday, 11:54 PM)
Lol, that'd be weird. Placing a V3 card on a 4/5 machine... I have a couple stock cars I guess I could use.

i'll 1 up you, i always use that v2 card to reserve spots on v4 and wmnt3.
M3D1C
Posted: Sep 22 2009, 03:08 PM

Minister Of Health

Member No.: 2,578

Nope, try that here and you'll be in trouble, people don't play.

It's 1 game and if someones waiting you get off, yes there have been conflicts with newer people, but they learn and become one of us and we usually don't like if people hog machines.

Blood has been shed a few times, no lie blink.gif
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Sep 23 2009, 07:28 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

IDAS5 over in California it's one play if someone put their card up and thats it. one play then back of the line. at times it's really frustrating if the next person is a noob who you can't learn from and you're just waiting for him to finish or lose but if it's someone of better or equal skill its pretty good to give up your seat to learn from them. a way to get around this rule is to go when there are absolutely no one there. I see a lot of really good ppl playing when its dead silent.
though this is the rule for IDAS5, maximum tune is a different story entirely. sometimes people play for one or two games and then get off and let someone else play. other times its the same ppl playing for 5 or 6 runs and the ppl waiting just get their card and go do something else. I guess every game and country has its own set of unwritten rules.
McKwack
Posted: Sep 28 2009, 08:47 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

The WRITTEN rules in most arcade in my country is that you have to switch place after playing 5 times when there's a line. The UNWRITTEN rules, however, is that as long as you're paying, you can just play as much as you like and don't give a s*** about the others in line... sad.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 28 2009, 09:21 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Sort of changes depending where I play. If it's a V3 area, anyone with a card and can corner without running their nose into a wall for the most part of the course is considered open to challenges until they get booted off from losses. If you dont have a card and someone with one is behind you, you're expected to get off unless you're buying one, or some other reason that isnt superfluous.

Never had any real problems with a V5 line, unless it was someone new who had trouble with the concept of braking to the proper speed. Watching someone struggle like that is ... well, not an enjoyable sight.
Jdmyo93
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 01:17 PM

Feelin a little furry?

Member No.: 31,392

Well...In my arcade its seems that the more people your with that you know, the more chance you play. Really stupid because there are many times where I play Initial D V3 by myself and then these group of 'skaters' are all hogging the machine. Even when I put my card on top of the Initial D cabinet, they still dont go with the 'next person-in-line' rule or the last person who put there card on top of the Initial D cabinet sad.gif
There was even an adult who is waiting for his turn to play but the group of skaters still hogging and enjoying there plays while me and the guy, die and watch these group of ignorant skaters >=0

My story was to say that the 'Unwritten rule' is that there is no rule.
Basically here the more people you have with you, the more chances you get to play crying2.gif
Rei.G
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 03:02 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

i have seen people waiting for me to get out of my seat while his friends are playing the other 3 cabs. this i couldn't accept.
i simply exit the game....and put challenge on.

otherwise, i mostly will let any dudes behind me to play the game.
justxsongs
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 05:16 PM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

I would appreciate that the person would nicely tell mii he like to play wif his fren.
Rather than keep staring or waiting behind, like I did sth wrong. I would give up my seat to the person after my last match, so watch how they drive also. Anyway the better player will win and I will take the chance to challenge that winner. Good experience for mii, cus I nid to learn more from ppl.

Keyed_InitialD5
Xue~K
skrible
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 06:38 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 34,022

As mentioned above, if people would like to play with their friends, it would be easier if they notified the person after playing. For me, sometimes I like to stand behind to observe how people play so i can learn new stuff.
zhenyu1994
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 10:30 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,649

QUOTE (Rei.G @ Today, 3:02 AM)
i have seen people waiting for me to get out of my seat while his friends are playing the other 3 cabs. this i couldn't accept.

lol rei.g u so godlike.. u put challenge on gt ppl dare accepy meh.... jk ah no offence intended
justxsongs
Posted: Oct 7 2009, 11:08 PM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

zhenyu1994 Posted on 36 minutes, 32 seconds ago
  QUOTE (Rei.G @ Today, 3:02 AM)

lol rei.g u so godlike.. u put challenge on gt ppl dare accepy meh.... jk ah no offence intended

I will accept. Cus den is challenging ma.

Keyed
Xue~K
HydE's High In T..
Posted: Oct 9 2009, 05:53 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,597

unwritten rules eh? well 4 me in my country is when sum1 try 2 overtake u frm behind....dun block....jz let them....ridiculous rite? dry.gif

diz happens 2 me bck in the Ver3 era...whr group of 'adults' is pissed of wif me bcuz im keep winning them, by block at them all the way....

and then they started 2 call me names and giving dat thumbs down hand signal bla3....fine wit me then, even witout blocking i can stil win... cool.gif

and then, there's IDAS4 & 5...seems i cannot jz 4get those 'ol habits' of 'not blocking'...n yeah...almost evry1 play the same way wif me....on the straight line, i overtake u, u overtake me....lol! shifty2.gif

but seriously, although 'i will let u overtake me on straight ways' i dun think im willing 2 let sumbody 2 overtake me if the finish line is rite infront of my face.. whistling.gif

2 Pages  1 2