Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Vivi - Eyes Of Sky

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

Ā» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,755  ·  Replies: 22 
> Initial D Battle Stage 3 BD coming up on March 5th
Zhou
  Posted: Dec 11 2020, 11:39 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,333

amazon.co.jp/dp/B08Q58NR5N

amazon.co.jp/dp/B08Q57G3KX (Amazon JP exclusive edition, bundled with a clear file)

Product description says it includes all 9 races from Fifth Stage and Final Stage with new eurobeat songs, but there's no hope that it will include any new footage like the two previous Battle Stages did, right? I mean, Fifth Stage was rushed as hell, but it's not like it skipped any Keisuke races.

This post has been edited by Zhou on Dec 11 2020, 03:33 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 12 2020, 06:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

If it included anything other than what we saw, it would say so. That it just says it includes the 9 races from Fifth and Final Stage pretty much seals that that's all it'll have.

Still neat that after all this time they're bothering to make another Battle Stage I guess, and I look forward to the new music. But my biggest question is if they'll bother to fix the shoddy SFX direction from Fifth Stage and Final Stage. For example, giving a Z33 the engine sound of a 240Z.

Again, doubt they'll bother, it'll probably just be a cash grab...but we'll see.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Dec 17 2020, 10:50 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Looking forward to the new eurobeats. Finally they can release an actual album instead of putting together random songs and calling it an Initial D soundtrack like with the last few Dream collections.

A youtuber called Xagy made an excellent supercut of all the races in 5th/Final Stage with new eurobeat, and I've watched that so many times my mind basically thinks it's the unofficial Battle Stage 3 lol. Sadly the videos have all been taken down now.

If this sells well, maybe we'll finally see MF Ghost anime in the near future?
GoP-Demon
Posted: Mar 7 2021, 08:43 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

So now that this is out, is there confirmed no new content for sure? No easter eggs?
goseiba525
Posted: Mar 7 2021, 09:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,533

QUOTE (GoP-Demon @ Today, 12:43 AM)
So now that this is out, is there confirmed no new content for sure? No easter eggs?

no new content, even character voices removed facepalm.gif
n4mro
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 01:11 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,105

Any idea where to see Battle Stage 3 online if at all? Buying the Blu-Ray would be too costly considering the shipping and the way the world is at the moment...
goseiba525
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 01:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,533

battle stage 3 mp4 download

This post has been edited by goseiba525 on Mar 9 2021, 05:52 PM
Gaysuke-Takahashi
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 02:11 AM

🦄🌈

Member No.: 50,952

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ 40 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
https://mega.nz/file/w8hl0SaA#Gl3IJWl7J_Hu5...b7fRbT3m0Re0WrQ

Thank you for this, now I can figure out what songs play during Gou's race and thus get biased towards them.
n4mro
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 02:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,105

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ 1 hour, 16 minutes ago)

Holy shit. Thank you so much!
qabman
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 06:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,108

thanks <3

This post has been edited by qabman on Mar 8 2021, 06:37 AM
Taro Maki
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 11:21 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,812

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ Yesterday, 9:28 PM)
even character voices removedĀ  facepalm.gif

So what's the problem ?

When I want to listen to the character voices I watch an episode of Fifth Stage / Final Stage.

I think of Battle Stage as some kind of "Music Video" where you can watch the Races and listen to the Music without the disturbing Voices.

The Battle Stage 1 DVD has a (hidden) "Music Clip Version" which allows you to watch the videos without the character voices, but on the Battle Stage 2 DVD there is no such option.

So I'm happy that they removed the character voices on Battle Stage 3 because now can watch the Races and listen to the Music without the disturbing Voices. like I did with Battle Stage 1.

This post has been edited by Taro Maki on Mar 8 2021, 11:22 PM
SimonBv
Posted: Mar 9 2021, 10:35 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,181

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ Yesterday, 1:30 AM)

Did you change the encryption key? When opening the link it says that the key is not valid
Taro Maki
Posted: Mar 9 2021, 12:29 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (SimonBv @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
Did you change the encryption key? When opening the link it says that the key is not valid

At first I got the same problem.

Don't use cut & paste, it will give you the message the key is not valid.

Just log in here on this board, than click on the Link - For me, this works fine.

@goseiba525
Thanks for the Link, but it's shit

First: I don't want to create an account on Mega for which I have to pay, so after a short period my Download stoped and I had to wait for almost 7(!) hours till it resumed.
Second: Right after the Download finished and just before the file was copied to my PC, Firefox 86 told me that the Tab (Mega.nz) crashed, leaving me with nothing at all after hours waiting.

So if I wnat to download the file from Mega I have to start again from scratch, waiting again for hours until the Download (maybe) works.

So please make a Download on another Filehoster where I can download the File without waiting or make a Torrent-File out of it !

This post has been edited by Taro Maki on Mar 9 2021, 12:30 PM
wasdessty
Posted: Mar 9 2021, 03:48 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 51,295

Battle Stage 3 wasn't terrible it was just fine. Not the worst Initial D. thing I've seen.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 10 2021, 04:01 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The Atlas Shrugged of Initial D. If they marketed it specifically for high school edgy teens and similar people that don't appreciate things like production value, music direction or value for money, it might actually have some good reviews from innocently low IQ buyers. Go see what Japan thinks of this piece of shit via customer reviews. Tell me what's good about it. A soundtrack that's 90% recycle bin tracks from early 2000s Euromach CDs? Literally no music direction, just letting the tracks play seamlessly with no timing or care for BPM versus what's on screen? A bluray-only release in 2021 advertising a 1080i picture when the source material was 1080p and released years earlier on 1080p blurays? Soulless transition splash screens out of a 1996 PS1 racing game? Keeping all of the long hanging dialogue scenes without the dialogue to give context for why you're staring at a driver's constipated face for five seconds straight? Wow how awesome, this isn't as bad as... no, I honestly can't think of a worse Initial D product out there. Even the Chinese live action movie has redeeming qualities to it over this wet turd. "Hey, don't be so negative, Tessou! This is a new Initial D product, be happy!" Sure, except an amateur AMV on YouTube has been up for 9 years that accomplished more with this same footage and less effort.

Avex drops an obvious cash grab, nobody actually buys it except for some hangers on in Japan, and you guys are all bitching about how to get it for free as painlessly as possible. "Fans" are getting exactly what they deserve with this abortion of a release: utter shit. Happy birthday, IDW! Hope you like crap!
wasdessty
Posted: Mar 10 2021, 07:57 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 51,295

I wouldn't be surprised if Avex does a Extra Stage 3 just for the money.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 11 2021, 12:35 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Japanese customer reviews for this are something alright. 1 star reviews all around from anyone who actually paid for this. Here's some screenshots (spoilered for size) and translations.
SPOILER

After waiting several years, we finally have this release of Battle Stage 3.

Simply put, it's an AMV with different eurobeat in it. There is absolutely no speech. The characters don't speak at all. The sfx is present. But, literally no voices.

This was a rip-off. I'd love to know what made them think to sell it like this. I really wanted to enjoy this as a fan, and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Any sales people reading this, take notes on what not to do.

SPOILER

As other reviews mentioned, there are absolutely no character voices. At first I thought maybe you could select between voices/no voices (you can't).
And I just can't get into this. The combination of video, music, sound effects, voice work, etc. was what Battle Stages were sold with from the start... It's an obvious thing to have.
The overall work on this is the definition of slapdash.
The use of music is way off at times, to the point songs are just thrown in without any care.
Of course, the source material, and even the past Battle Stages had far more thought put into their music editing than this.

People who buy these releases as soon as they're out are usually the most dedicated fans, the ones happy to be fans for life.
These fans have been thanked for their support by being sold garbage like this.
It's certainly clear the production team had neither the budget nor any interest in making it. Shouldn't have made it to begin with then.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Mar 11 2021, 10:47 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Mar 11 2021, 11:23 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Disappointed but not entirely unexpected IMO. It's clear the series has run its course but avex is still trying to milk it hard (obvious from all the unrelated Dream Collection CDs they've been releasing lately).

Oh well, I'll just stick to Xagy's Supercuts and treat that as the actual Battle Stage 3.

Doesn't bode well for a well produced MFG anime (if at all) at this rate...
qabman
Posted: Mar 12 2021, 05:55 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,108

QUOTE (Taro Maki @ Mar 9 2021, 12:29 PM)

Just log in here on this board, than click on the Link - For me, this works fine.

@goseiba525

First: I don't want to create an account on Mega for which I have to pay, so after a short period my Download stoped and I had to wait for almost 7(!) hours till it resumed.
Second: Right after the Download finished and just before the file was copied to my PC, Firefox 86 told me that the Tab (Mega.nz) crashed, leaving me with nothing at all after hours waiting.

So if I wnat to download the file from Mega I have to start again from scratch, waiting again for hours until the Download (maybe) works.

So please make a Download on another Filehoster where I can download the File without waiting or make a Torrent-File out of it !

That's a tad entitled, you can just watch it in MEGA if you wanted to. Someone has illegally provided us with something that we otherwise would have been able to watch, it's not their fault that your mega tab crashed...
alex1287
Posted: Mar 12 2021, 06:01 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

QUOTE (Taro Maki @ Mar 9 2021, 12:29 PM)

@goseiba525

It is important that he posted on MEGA, thanks to him I watched. Stop complaining
Zhou
  Posted: Mar 31 2021, 08:18 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,333

QUOTE (Tessou @ Mar 10 2021, 04:01 AM)
The Atlas Shrugged of Initial D. If they marketed it specifically for high school edgy teens and similar people that don't appreciate things like production value, music direction or value for money, it might actually have some good reviews from innocently low IQ buyers. Go see what Japan thinks of this piece of shit via customer reviews. Tell me what's good about it. A soundtrack that's 90% recycle bin tracks from early 2000s Euromach CDs? Literally no music direction, just letting the tracks play seamlessly with no timing or care for BPM versus what's on screen? A bluray-only release in 2021 advertising a 1080i picture when the source material was 1080p and released years earlier on 1080p blurays? Soulless transition splash screens out of a 1996 PS1 racing game? Keeping all of the long hanging dialogue scenes without the dialogue to give context for why you're staring at a driver's constipated face for five seconds straight? Wow how awesome, this isn't as bad as... no, I honestly can't think of a worse Initial D product out there. Even the Chinese live action movie has redeeming qualities to it over this wet turd. "Hey, don't be so negative, Tessou! This is a new Initial D product, be happy!" Sure, except an amateur AMV on YouTube has been up for 9 years that accomplished more with this same footage and less effort.

Avex drops an obvious cash grab, nobody actually buys it except for some hangers on in Japan, and you guys are all bitching about how to get it for free as painlessly as possible. "Fans" are getting exactly what they deserve with this abortion of a release: utter shit. Happy birthday, IDW! Hope you like crap!

I agree, except for the part about Fifth Stage and Final Stage being 1080p, which is not true. I own the third BD-box that includes both, and they have 1080i video thanks to some digital effects in the opening sequences that were rendered at a higher framerate than 24 fps. Good thing I didn't spend any money on this half-assed Battle Stage 3, which even amateurs could have done better.

This post has been edited by Zhou on Apr 17 2021, 04:27 AM
Taro Maki
Posted: Apr 2 2021, 08:33 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Link removed because of stupid remark from Adminstrator (!) below.

This post has been edited by Taro Maki on Apr 4 2021, 08:16 PM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 3 2021, 11:16 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Alright, another link to complete crap!