Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Valentina - I Love You Like You Are

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 47,874  ·  Replies: 53 
> Takumi's Mom & Bunta's past, The ultimate TWIST?, An insight of who could she possibly be... Real Teaser
Type II Legend
  Posted: Jun 2 2014, 06:09 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,746

QUOTE (Numbney @ 5 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Had to take another look, she never saw takumi(atleast not shown in videos), only 86 when shinji saw wings. Also takumi might be grown up to unrecognizing. Also she may not overheard his name yet. I could bet she hears his name and recognises it in episode 3 or 4.

Either way guy in picture looks more like ken than bunta.
When bunta is throwing keychain out, he dont actually specify what 86 is he talking about.
Very big clue is missing tho, what is Shinji's moms name?

Good stuff!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 07:21 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I think you guys are seeing things that just aren't there.

"Either way guy in picture looks more like ken than bunta." Too tall to be Ken. Also, the mother said her husband was dead. As in, dead dead. No hidden meaning there, the guy is dead. Kogashiwa Ken is still alive, so it's not Ken.

"When bunta is throwing keychain out, he dont actually specify what 86 is he talking about." Why would he say something so out there like that? He has keys to the Impreza and the Trueno, even though he's not the owner of the Trueno anymore. The key snapped off of the key wallet. It's just foreshadowing the end of the race, not any sort of indication that he has a lost son with a similar car. There is no indication anywhere that Bunta even knows that Takumi is up against another Trueno.

"Very big clue is missing tho, what is Shinji's moms name?" Why does this matter at all? If her name was Jenny, would it make any difference to the plot? How about Sharlene?

Hell, it could be Papa from the beginning of the manga, who might have died since the events of Second Stage. Then Shinji's mom wouldn't be lying, and we could speculate on Papa's past activities as a rally racer. Enjoy making shit up where Shigeno obviously didn't care enough to elaborate, but it's not doing anything for the series.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Shirak
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 08:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,710

So what does everyone think?

1. Final Stage will tell us the truth.

2. Final Stage OVA will tell us the truth and Final State anime will leave us hanging with the same ending as the manga.

3. No one will ever know because both will end the same way and Shigeno will let us know in a Initial D Redux when he feels like it.....

This post has been edited by Shirak on Jun 2 2014, 08:09 AM
Type II Legend
  Posted: Jun 2 2014, 08:13 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Tessou @ 52 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
I think you guys are seeing things that just aren't there.

"Either way guy in picture looks more like ken than bunta." Too tall to be Ken. Also, the mother said her husband was dead. As in, dead dead. No hidden meaning there, the guy is dead. Kogashiwa Ken is still alive, so it's not Ken.

"When bunta is throwing keychain out, he dont actually specify what 86 is he talking about." Why would he say something so out there like that? He has keys to the Impreza and the Trueno, even though he's not the owner of the Trueno anymore. The key snapped off of the key wallet. It's just foreshadowing the end of the race, not any sort of indication that he has a lost son with a similar car. There is no indication anywhere that Bunta even knows that Takumi is up against another Trueno.

"Very big clue is missing tho, what is Shinji's moms name?" Why does this matter at all? If her name was Jenny, would it make any difference to the plot? How about Sharlene?

Hell, it could be Papa from the beginning of the manga, who might have died since the events of Second Stage. Then Shinji's mom wouldn't be lying, and we could speculate on Papa's past activities as a rally racer. Enjoy making shit up where Shigeno obviously didn't care enough to elaborate, but it's not doing anything for the series.

It's ok I believe in what you're saying.

Tessou
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 08:30 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Shirak @ 21 minutes, 32 seconds ago)

2. Final Stage OVA will tell us the truth and Final State anime will leave us hanging with the same ending as the manga.

3. No one will ever know because both will end the same way and Shigeno will let us know in a Initial D Redux when he feels like it.....

1. Nope. Two episodes left, not enough time to expand upon anything. If Avex does anything with the hour of time they have left, it will be putting in even more time padding via side conversations and lingering scenes, not revelations on character histories. Trust me. This is "we throw quality aside in the pursuit of money" Avex we're talking about.

2. Final Stage OVA is the only Final Stage. There is no such thing as "Final State", and there is no other anime series coming out to continue the series. The movie coming this summer has no connection to Final Stage, and will be a rehash of First Stage, so this is just not happening.

3. Shigeno is already making another manga, and it has nothing to do with Initial D. He doesn't show any signs of coming back to a manga that he was clearly running out of ideas for.

The series is over and should be left that way. All the questions are typical of many series' that ended, and they're usually never resolved because the author decided that these things have no importance to the plot. Readers nitpicking things like this are interesting, but you would be surprised that most authors will respond to questions like these with "I really don't know", "I didn't think about it", or "it doesn't matter".

Remember that this is a racing series first and foremost. To create a massive "whodunit" at the very tail end of the series would be fruitless and distracting. The answer to the question of Shinji's father's identity was already spelled out: he's dead, and he was a racer. That is put in place to explain Shinji's skill through racing lineage, and his close relationship with his mother. That's it. There's nothing else to find, because it isn't there.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 02:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

There, settled. I now invite anyone who wishes to post in this thread any further to first please wear this:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 1200. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Type II Legend
  Posted: Jun 2 2014, 11:38 PM

Shmuck

Ideas welcomed

eatsuki
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 07:43 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (Shirak @ Yesterday, 8:09 AM)

I think Initial D the Movie will tell us the whole story. The movies will be a trilogy with the first movie out in August.

Tessou said:

3. Shigeno is already making another manga, and it has nothing to do with Initial D. He doesn't show any signs of coming back to a manga that he was clearly running out of ideas for.

Can you tell us the name and/or subject of his new manga? I thought he was burned out and took a big break from writing, good to know that the passion still flows!
Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 07:58 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 14 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
Can you tell us the name and/or subject of his new manga? I thought he was burned out and took a big break from writing, good to know that the passion still flows!

There's an announcement here. Chapters have been rolling out steadily ever since.
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 08:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 47 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
There's an announcement here. Chapters have been rolling out steadily ever since.

Very interesting! So Shigeno did a 180 to get out of his rut.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 10:45 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 46 minutes ago)

He's already got a few chapters out?
Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 11:08 AM

Group Icon

I vaguely remember seeing the first chapter a while ago.

Digging a little bit more into this, Kodansha is still advertising it, and you can freely read the first chapter via the orange button over the shopping cart. There isn't much info out there about it, probably because it's relatively obscure and, quite honestly, not very interesting.

2ch in particular is not treating it very well. Lots of criticism regarding artistic "quality", how the girl looks like Takumi in a wig (with, quote, cockroach eyelashes), and moaning about how Initial D ended so abruptly without tying up a lot of loose ends.

"Write Takumi's fate or Bunta's past, not this junk!"

This post has been edited by Tessou on Jun 3 2014, 11:40 AM
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 12:31 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
2ch in particular is not treating it very well. Lots of criticism regarding artistic "quality", how the girl looks like Takumi in a wig (with, quote, cockroach eyelashes)

hahaha now I'm getting flashbacks of Tohru's girlfriend from 4th Stage. I guess I was too optimistic.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 01:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
2ch in particular is not treating it very well. Lots of criticism regarding artistic "quality", how the girl looks like Takumi in a wig (with, quote, cockroach eyelashes), and moaning about how Initial D ended so abruptly without tying up a lot of loose ends.

Good. I'm glad his domestic audience is reaming him too.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 05:43 PM

Group Icon

^ Thumbing that way the fuck up, brah. I'll use my favorite stock image, too.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 4 2014, 03:16 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 3:08 PM)
I vaguely remember seeing the first chapter a while ago.

Digging a little bit more into this, Kodansha is still advertising it, and you can freely read the first chapter via the orange button over the shopping cart. There isn't much info out there about it, probably because it's relatively obscure and, quite honestly, not very interesting.

Wow, I was expecting that it would turn it to be at least okay... Damn...
strategist102
Posted: Jun 5 2014, 12:30 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,473

Your logic is valid but the conclusion is merely coincidence. The whole idea of Shinji's character and his mother appears to be that of a counterpart of Takumi/Bunta in the Hakone area. The author did something similar with this with Kogashiwa and at the time he wrote this I felt that he was pressure to finish up Initial D, so he rehashed some old ideas.

The whole final race of Initial D focused on the idea that Takumi had to race against himself, a whole year after he began Project D. The same can be argued with KT but I felt that his race was more or less evidence of him surpassing his brother with regards to technique.

Tessou
Posted: Jun 5 2014, 01:54 PM

Group Icon

Yes, he's racing against "himself" driving a car that cannot feasibly drive anywhere near as fast as it is, using brakes as little as possible, and magically keeping up (and giving away the lead on purpose at one point) with Takumi's much more powerful and better-outfitted car.

Shinji plays with boost on. There, I said it.
GoP-Demon
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 08:21 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

QUOTE (strategist102 @ Yesterday, 12:30 PM)
Your logic is valid but the conclusion is merely coincidence. The whole idea of Shinji's character and his mother appears to be that of a counterpart of Takumi/Bunta in the Hakone area. The author did something similar with this with Kogashiwa and at the time he wrote this I felt that he was pressure to finish up Initial D, so he rehashed some old ideas.

The whole final race of Initial D focused on the idea that Takumi had to race against himself, a whole year after he began Project D. The same can be argued with KT but I felt that his race was more or less evidence of him surpassing his brother with regards to technique.

Holy shit. You are right. I never thought about it like that. Shinji isn`t a pro at shifting or anything. He just knows the course really really well. Which would be Takumi a year ago on Akina.
KonradZuse
Posted: Jun 12 2014, 10:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,074

If Bunta was Shinji's father, than Takumi would be Shinji's brother. The would have lived together at some point, as they are a couple years apart it seems.

Who moved when? It seems that Tofu shop has been there for a long, long time.

awdrifter
Posted: Jun 18 2014, 08:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

I doubt they would make a twist like that, but it is possible that Bunta and Mika had two children, they had a bad break up, they told each took custody of one kid, and they told their kids that their father/mother is "dead" to avoid any questions.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 05:40 AM

Group Icon

Mika is Takumi's girlfriend, not Shinji's mom. We don't know Shinji's mother's name.
strategist102
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 07:35 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 5:40 AM)
Mika is Takumi's girlfriend, not Shinji's mom. We don't know Shinji's mother's name.

Awesome twist!
strategist102
Posted: Jun 30 2014, 01:51 PM

IDW Full Member

I had an interesting little idea

What if Bunta was Shinji's dad's co driver? Bunta himself has great skill in racing but what if Bunta's experience in the professional world was that he was a co-drver to Shinji's dad.

In rally racing, co drivers are just as important as primary drivers.

If this were the case, then perhaps Shinji's mom would have known of Bunta prior to meeting Takumi and just didn't recognize a relation between the two.
Venny503
Posted: Jun 30 2014, 09:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

QUOTE (strategist102 @ 7 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I had an interesting little idea

What if Bunta was Shinji's dad's co driver? Bunta himself has great skill in racing but what if Bunta's experience in the professional world was that he was a co-drver to Shinji's dad.

In rally racing, co drivers are just as important as primary drivers.

If this were the case, then perhaps Shinji's mom would have known of Bunta prior to meeting Takumi and just didn't recognize a relation between the two.

Another great idea Shigeno didn't think of!

3 Pages  1 2 3