Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing move - around the world (tv ver.)

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,131  ·  Replies: 6 
> Drifting Comparisons
Gabzor
  Posted: Aug 24 2007, 02:58 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,963

when i drift on Live for Speed, the car feels so smooth while sliding, but why is it in GT4, it feels like im forcing the car to slide? it feels so rough any tips for a smoother drift? and anyone know how to make alot of money on gt4? i usually get too lazy and i go B-Spec mode mode, and just leave the controller on ;p
Flex.
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 03:00 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 16,127

uhm, well, that might be because on LFS you have street tires, and in GT4 they come equipped with Sports tires standard, so you might wanna buy some "Normal" tires as they're called, and it'd go easier i think

and to make alot of money is to know where you can get a high priced car that you can actually sell, and keep hogging that tournament biggrin.gif
wing_0
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 03:18 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,095

Well... I can't help you with the sliding too much, Flex's hint about the tyres is pretty nice, I was able to drift pretty smoothly in a stock Gineta G4 with either N1's or N2's, some people recommended FD's for learning drifting.

As for the money, there's the DTM championship, which has 5 races, you get some nice money for the tournament, and the prize car you win (CLK GTR) can be sold for over 700 thousand Cr. For a nice car to enter there, I used a CLK DTM (won from that Silver Arrow tournament... probably). To make things easy you can slap on a turbo upgrade to it, and you'll smoke the competition with an ease.
aegisproxy
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 03:52 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,559

Tires arent they only (but possibly the most important) thing that makes drifting easier in GT4. Reducing body roll is also somehting that you need to do. In a FR, stiffen the swing arms and sway bars in the rear, and only slightly in the front. In a FF and 4WD, stiffen both the front and rear. In an MR, only the front needs to be stiffened because the engine swings the backend out naturaly.

You can also modify the Toe angle In/Out depending on if you need more understeer or oversteer.

Shifting the brake balance to the front/rear can help drift the car also.

Having a high powered car can also help in creating power oversteer to force the car to drift.

Adding an LSD can also help because an LSD keeps the inside tire spinning at the same speed as the outside one, which swings the rear out. Putting an LSD in a FF is not recommended unless you plan on spending a lot of time tuning it to prevent massive understeer!

And as a last bit of advice: Remove all of the driving aids! In all the cars there is the ASM (or Automatic Stability Management) that applies the brakes depending on wether the car is over or understeering. The TCS (Traction Control System) prevents the tires from "burning out" and retards the throttle to prevent tire spin.

This post has been edited by aegisproxy on Aug 27 2007, 03:56 PM
sometrueno
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 04:42 PM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,599

LFS has accurate tyre physics, whereas GT4 doesn't. Anyways, just keep almost everything stock (just get a few power mods and a brake bias controller), and maybe get all the N tires (they're free). Also, remember to turn all the Driving Aids off, aside from maybe the understeer one, leave that at 10 if you wish.
Hatch Guy
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 06:12 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 16,215

What do you recommend for RR drivetrains, like the RUFs(Porsches)?
MattW
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 06:54 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,273

Lots, and LOTS, of throttle. RR cars actually straighten out, the more gas you give them.

This post has been edited by MattSAF1 on Sep 11 2007, 06:54 PM