Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

56 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 84,956  ·  Replies: 1,398 
> Ask a question, get an answer
ZanbatouZanbatou
  Posted: Jul 24 2007, 11:25 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,833

These threads have always been good for forums. If anyone has a question they needed answered you should ask them here instead of making a new thread for it. I'm sure the forum members would be more than happy to answer them. So i'd like to get it started.

I recently asked "what is penalty cancel"

Braja replied:
penalty cancel is a brake tap. basically, take your foot off the gas and in a millisecond tap the brake with your left foot and pounce back on the gas. this can also be done without the brake simply by pumping the gas but it's not as efficient and harder to control. in that case you usually just bounce RPM's but doesnt help acceleration. penalty cancel with brake usually resets the acceleration. you should penalty cancel:

anytime you lose speed...
-after a turn
-as you're exiting a turn
-after hitting a wall
-anytime you feel you're going too slow ha

it's best to do it in a straight line, as any other time the car will wanna drift or lose traction. so after a turn is usually the most popular time

Thnx Braja!

Ask away ppl.
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 08:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

i hav a question on character modifications, you get a feature you can add- do you hav the option to refuse the feature?

and also is it worth trying the game given the overpowered boost in vs battles?
i just played mt3 for the 1st time today, the arcade literally just got it on the 24th, it looks like a good game. thing is that if i wanna play as4 ill need to go downtown, so i dont know if i should make that trip to play the game.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jul 24 2007, 08:16 PM
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 09:42 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,377

Hey i was just wondering..

What DOES grinding the bumper of the person infront of you does?!?

I know its sorta of a pressure thing, thats obvious?

But what are the more indepth things to it?
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 09:59 PM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

207: yes you can accept and decline facial features for your avi.

fknazn: grinding the bumper of the person infront of you makes extreamly annoying grinding sounds which puts off not only both drivers, but everyone in the surrounding area of the arcade too.

it does slow down the leading persons accelerating a bit too but its nothing a bit of swering here and there cant fix... plus it doesnt slow down accel enough to pass them unless your already going 7-10km+ faster than them.

question of my own now:

how do you run 2'57 on akina? step by step guide plix lol.
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,377

Who runs 2'57 in akina?!

I run 3'20 on akina last time i checked...????

Unless thats not directed to me unsure.gif

I guess the cars capabilities, when stage 7, allow people to take corners like crazy?!
Ben
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:06 PM

BENNY

Member No.: 4,375

QUOTE (207 @ Today at 2:12 PM)
i hav a question on character modifications, you get a feature you can add- do you hav the option to refuse the feature?

and also is it worth trying the game given the overpowered boost in vs battles?
i just played mt3 for the 1st time today, the arcade literally just got it on the 24th, it looks like a good game. thing is that if i wanna play as4 ill need to go downtown, so i dont know if i should make that trip to play the game.

When you get the randomly selector option, you can choose to 'Add' or 'Refuse'. Leaving you with your original face 'part'.

Vs battles aren't the whole game anymore, they've made it harder to battle by all means. I can see TA's getting alot bigger on the day to day play of AS4.

QUOTE ([B)
FknAzN[/B]  Posted on Today at 3:42 PM]

Basically slows you down, not by a whole lot, but by enough, on a large straight for your opponent to overtake you. + I haven't seen it extensively, but in V3 you would lose traction with someone right up your ass. I'm waiting to see if it's the same, so far I believe they've gotten rid of that.
Braja
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:07 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 12,029

QUOTE (FknAzN @ Today at 9:42 PM)

well i dunno quite how to explain "in depth", but i'll explain my experiences with it...

the grinding has most effect for a NON-BOOST battle. cause with boost anything is possible. sadly i'm usually the victim of bumper grind, since i usually win startup. at the race startup opponents will naturally push you 1st then once you get in front, ride your bumper. the moment i get in front and their bumper rubs mine i notice my RPM's drop by about 2000 or so. not only that but acceleration is terrible as long as theyre attached. as i've said before i end up usually entering a corner almost a full gear lower than if it's a TA or computer opponent. plus depending on how we take the turn the grinding can push me wide or outta control.

i've tried bumper grind and seems to work well for me too, though i've had more experience as a victim so havent mastered the many benefits. and its hard to do unless you start almost evenly. if the person totally outguns you on startup you cant grind enough to make a difference, as retsuka kinda said. basically grind them till you notice you have a higher speed. then at a safe spot or a good corner trot around them. don't be affraid to wait for an opening. cause if you initiate a pass too soon you'll lose control, and cant get back on their bumper.

Who runs 2'57 in akina?!

I run 3'20 on akina last time i checked...????

Unless thats not directed to me 

I guess the cars capabilities, when stage 7, allow people to take corners like crazy?!

asakurayume, one of the guys i played with in beta testing, is the 3rd ranked. he was the 1st to hit 2'57". i havent seen him since beta version, though been trying to find him again recently. he doesnt go to his arcade as much. anyway my best is a 3'04" but usually run around 3'09"ish. FT definitely makes a diff. still, i can get around 3'12"-14 average in a stock car. the 86 race engine helps the champs. but its mostly skill. i wont give a step-by-step though as i'm not one of the best

This post has been edited by Braja on Jul 24 2007, 10:22 PM
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:23 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

QUOTE (ZanbatouZanbatou @ Today at 11:25 AM)
These threads have always been good for forums. If anyone has a question they needed answered you should ask them here instead of making a new thread for it. I'm sure the forum members would be more than happy to answer them. So i'd like to get it started.

I recently asked "what is penalty cancel"

Braja replied:
penalty cancel is a brake tap. basically, take your foot off the gas and in a millisecond tap the brake with your left foot and pounce back on the gas. this can also be done without the brake simply by pumping the gas but it's not as efficient and harder to control. in that case you usually just bounce RPM's but doesnt help acceleration. penalty cancel with brake usually resets the acceleration. you should penalty cancel:

anytime you lose speed...
-after a turn
-as you're exiting a turn
-after hitting a wall
-anytime you feel you're going too slow ha

it's best to do it in a straight line, as any other time the car will wanna drift or lose traction. so after a turn is usually the most popular time

Thnx Braja!

Ask away ppl.

so ur saying, if ur in a straight line, and the guy is in front of u and u want to have a faster acceleration, u use the penalty cancel?? to go fasteR??
Braja
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:29 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 12,029

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 10:23 PM)
so ur saying, if ur in a straight line, and the guy is in front of u and u want to have a faster acceleration, u use the penalty cancel?? to go fasteR??

well thats a bit extreme as i was being sarcastic for the last point. BUT, the point is that it can't hurt to try. i usually only do it 2-3 times most at any given point. but in most high-class battles or battles both racers are doing it constantly just in case. sometimes its more annoying/worse than TST shift rapers in ver.3. you just keep hearing the damn blow-off valve on turbos for the whole race and then you just keep seeing the opponents brake lights blinking over and over
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 11:34 PM

Grand Wizard

i would like to see a akina dh dry vid of 2'59-... the best ive heard anyone do in eng version is like 3'10.

there might even be a slight physic difference for all we know.
Ben
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 12:09 AM

BENNY

Member No.: 4,375

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 5:34 PM)
i would like to see a akina dh dry vid of 2'59-... the best ive heard anyone do in eng version is like 3'10.

I've done it in under 3'10 man..
ZanbatouZanbatou
  Posted: Jul 25 2007, 10:22 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM)

have you seen this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrS9XJXOV5E

he runs 3'01. RHOD exit speed 143. The left turn after RHOD exit speed 164 X_X. He actually topped out b4 the hairpins. Watching that vid really makes me realise that I have to FT my car.

Question: When you do a penalty cancel.....and if you do it fast enough you won't lose a single km/h due to tapping the brake?

This post has been edited by ZanbatouZanbatou on Jul 25 2007, 10:24 AM
MAFD
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 10:41 AM

Team YG Revilution

Member No.: 1,540

You do brake cancel as you exit the corner just as your car straightens up. I'm guessing you will still loose at least maybe 1kph but the time you lost loosing that 1kph will be more than made up by the increased acceleration you will have.
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 12:12 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (ZanbatouZanbatou @ Today at 10:22 AM)

he runs 3'01. RHOD exit speed 143. The left turn after RHOD exit speed 164 X_X. He actually topped out b4 the hairpins. Watching that vid really makes me realise that I have to FT my car.

Question: When you do a penalty cancel.....and if you do it fast enough you won't lose a single km/h due to tapping the brake?

yea ive seen that one, but again thats japanese version, i wanna see THAT on english version.
Pasta
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 01:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 11,928

QUOTE (ZanbatouZanbatou @ Today at 1:22 PM)

If you do it fast enough, then you shouldn't lose even 1 kph. Keep in mind, the higher speed you are going, the more chance of dropping that 1 kph, but for the most part, you should be able to do it without losing speed.
MAFD
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 06:42 PM

Team YG Revilution

Brake cancel is what I really need to work on, I can't do it fast enough yet when I do it I loose around 2-3kph.
ZanbatouZanbatou
  Posted: Jul 26 2007, 09:31 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (MAFD @ Yesterday at 6:42 PM)
Brake cancel is what I really need to work on, I can't do it fast enough yet when I do it I loose around 2-3kph.

i tried it for the first time yesterday....and I too lose 2-3 km/h

surely i'll get faster the more i try it.
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 12:24 PM

Grand Wizard

i think you guys are pushing the brake down fully, tap the brake dont full on stomp on it lol.

btw, both feeted drivers have the advanatage here, so if you only use your right leg you will lose 2-3km.
MAFD
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 01:38 PM

Team YG Revilution

I use my left foot but as you said I think I push the brakes down too much. I do it as if I'm changing gears in a manual.
tvv1n2ur80
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 11:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,586

Anyone tested this penalty cancel on the english ID4 yet? It seems to slow me down.
ZanbatouZanbatou
  Posted: Jul 28 2007, 11:54 AM

IDW Member

it works wonders for me.
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 12:12 PM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (tvv1n2ur80 @ Today at 11:00 AM)
Anyone tested this penalty cancel on the english ID4 yet? It seems to slow me down.

i think almost EVERYONE here plays english version except braja.

it doesnt slow you down if you know when to use it.

quite possibly you need someone to show you how its done.
tvv1n2ur80
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 02:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,586

Okay I tried it and it works nicely, just need to get used to using both feet instead of just the right foot if you are penalty cancel-ling and you end up slower.
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 12:16 AM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

it seems to work, but i usually just shift down than shift back up, which also greatly increases my acceleration.......
MAFD
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 01:06 AM

Team YG Revilution

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 8:16 PM)
it seems to work, but i usually just shift down than shift back up, which also greatly increases my acceleration.......

Hmm that's interesting, gotta try it on Tuesday!

56 Pages  1 2 3 »