Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing affectionate

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,814  ·  Replies: 16 
> iPod Nano Help, 7th Gen
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:34 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Yo what's up guys. I'm having some trouble getting music, videos, photos, and podcasts on my Nano. Just bought it straight out of apple.com, plugged my Nano, installed iTunes, and... nothing. I tried reinstalling the drivers/device, reinstalling iTunes, updating Windows, restarting my iPod/PC, praying to Amaterasu, etc, etc and the same prompt keeps popping up. I called the Apple support number, talked to a tech-rep, she couldn't figure it out; said she would go get her supervisor and give me a call back, that was over 2 hours ago. *sigh* yare yare... Sometimes I wish Google would just make an Android mp3 player, drag & drop + voila you're done. I'd use my phone for the aforementioned, but exercising with an M9 isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in za warudo. Plus, dropping it while running would break my wallet's heart. Anybody savvy with Nanos/iTunes by any chance? sweatingbullets.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by xiao on Jun 12 2016, 09:47 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:41 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

I can't really help you but I just wanted to praise you for that excellent choice of engraving on the back.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 11:04 AM

moon bunny

lol, thanks brotha. I was gonna originally get:

only time will
save my music

but went with Maurizio's song cause the olde Nano'd probably get more use running/driving than dancing/singing. happy.gif
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 12:21 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Is everything updated? I had issues with my old iPod when it was too stupid to update the traditional way.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 12:58 PM

moon bunny

Yep yep, all the software inside the iPod, iTunes, Windows, everything's up to date with the latest.

A couple of hours ago it was showing up right next to my C: drive, now it just pops it's head in the Device Manager's Portable Devices tab, then tumbles down to the USB Controllers tab as a USB Mass Storage Device with an MGS user posted image mark. It won't even populate next to the C: drive icon like it was some hours ago. o_O?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 07:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I'll need to be home to do any real troubleshooting with you, but have you tried using a different USB port on your computer?

Also, what is the error message in Device Manager?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 09:48 PM

moon bunny

Yeah, tried using all 6 USB 2.0 ports, and both USB 3.0 ports, and nothin'; same ol' error message. Much appreciated man, so much hastle for something smaller than a credit card... I feel empathy for the poor souls in the bunny-suits using a microscope to graft little circuits. XD

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 891 x 1123. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:05 PM

Group Icon

What OS are you using?
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:27 PM

moon bunny

Still running Win-Hachi-Uno. confused2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:32 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Apple Support)
iOS devices require Apple Mobile Device Support, which should be automatically installed with iTunes. To verify whether it is installed, follow the steps appropriate for your Windows operating system below.
Windows 8
Move the cursor to the upper-right corner and click the magnifying glass.
Type Control Panel, and press Return.
Click "Uninstall a program."
Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs.
If Apple Mobile Device Support isn't listed, remove iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, Apple Application Support, then reinstall iTunes.
xiao
  Posted: Aug 29 2015, 10:50 PM

moon bunny

Yep, tried all of that with the tech support rep; it still gives me the same old error.

Edit: Still no replies from Apple's forums either.

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Aug 29 2015, 10:52 PM
Tessou
Posted: Aug 29 2015, 11:51 PM

Group Icon

Same USB slot every time?
xiao
  Posted: Aug 30 2015, 12:05 AM

moon bunny

Same error on all USB slots.
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2015, 12:20 AM

Group Icon

Shit. Let me sleep on this.
xiao
  Posted: Aug 30 2015, 12:44 AM

moon bunny

No need to sleep amigo... go pry open with a phatom crowbar your shiny copy of MGSV, cause I somehow fixed it!!

I burnt the iTunes exe onto a CD-R and reinstalled it from Autorun... sure enough, I open iTunes and there's that little f'ing Nano-Banano. I swear, weirdest fuggin' problem I've ever ran across. blink.gif

Thanks for your help Tess, N1, and Kyon. I apologize for any gray hairs that nano-rascal might of plopped. Here's a virtual gift cause I can't hug ya guys in person. user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 30 2015, 08:55 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Well, completely uninstalling all Apple software and reinstalling it from scratch would've been a good next step. The fact that it was burned to a CDR was probably unrelated.

I would've answered that a while back--when I saw the device manager saying the system was trying to uninstall the device--but I kinda fell asleep. laugh2.gif Glad you got it worked out!
Tessou
Posted: Aug 30 2015, 09:21 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 8 hours, 37 minutes ago)
No need to sleep amigo... go pry open with a phatom crowbar your shiny copy of MGSV, cause I somehow fixed it!!

I'd have to break open my console to do that, because it's a digital download... ermm2.gif laugh2.gif

Good to know the issue is no more. Put some MGS music on there, for Big Boss. Not putting the Snake Eater theme on there means you hate America.

user posted image