Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Views: 9,583  ·  Replies: 2 
> Does Iketani really have no regrets?
Initial D World
  Posted: Mar 15 2012, 03:06 AM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

From Initial D Extra Stage II (2008), we learned that Mako got accepted into this one-year professional racing program sponsored by a company who will publish her experience on a magazine. Facing with dilemma of whether to tell Mako his true feelings or let her go with the peace of mind, Iketani chose to hold back his feelings. Many (myself included) criticize the author for not making this relationship to work out in the end. Does Iketani really have no regrets for letting Mako go? If you were Iketani, what would you do? Would you do what Iketani did, encourage her to chase her dream but hold back your feelings for her; or would you confess to her and ask her not go to Tokyo? The way Iketani is being portrayed makes him look like a saint and self-sacrificing. In my own opinion, he is running away from the love of his life not because he lacks the courage, but because he really loves her and wants the best for her.

user posted image
Shintaro
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 05:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,828

He probably does regret it but if you take it from the perspective that he wants Mako to succeed then you can understand why he made the choice that he made.
mamorunl
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 04:17 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,137

I would've done the same as Iketani. Dreams should always be followed and Iketani himself is a racer so he would be able to understand her feelings.

It is just that if he loves her he should let her go and let her dream come true. She will come back one day and he will be able to tell her the truth.