Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Virginelle - Bye Bye Girl

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

430 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 697,793  ·  Replies: 10,735 
> What Car Do You Have?, Pictures, Details, and Bread and Milk
sideways
Posted: Aug 15 2004, 09:26 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

I liked the 86 before i knew what ID was- i used to hang out at an asian "mini" mall- needless to say this stuff came up. ive seen some real ones there, and then in the magazines. but how can you say they arent worth there preformance? Man, go watch what say tsuchiya can do in one- or ueo even. that guy is DAMN fast in an 86. they accelerate slow but handling is pretty damn good for a car this old, even amongst cars in its class today...

you REALLY just need to sit in the seat of as someone is racing or drifting in it to udnerstand what i mean. It pulls pretty good from inside (a car can "pull" just as hard as another car even if they dont accelerate at the same speed) which is nice, plus theyre easy on the pocket. just.. get some experience in one- i fell in love with the sound and mechanics of the engine more then anything.
fr86
Posted: Aug 15 2004, 09:36 PM

banned?

Group: Members
Member No.: 904

Why did u buy one after the fad?

aw11 or an rx7 i think arebetter for the the buck.

They were worth the money before the fad, why would it be worth it when the fad is at its boom?
1slowsupra
Posted: Aug 15 2004, 09:38 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 356

QUOTE (zAE86BoYz @ Aug 7 2004, 12:24 AM)
Me and my Cousin bought an 1986 Toyota Corolla GTs
Took me 4ever to find

Car Cost: $4,500

Future Plans

TRD Spoiler
TRD C.Fiber Hood
Volk Rims
Drift King Type Body Kit
Etc...

Man you got owned. Who ever sold you that car made a killing off you guys. I bought one for 500 bucks from a friend, yah it needed a new engine, but that would of only cost 500-750. The car got towed and I felt it wassint even worth paying 300 to get it out.

I came close to buying another friends Hachi. It was straight and clean...he wanted 2200 for it. I thought that was a rip off and he is no longer my friend for trying to say he was hooking me up! dry.gif

HAHA nice future up grades! No performance what so ever. Show queen. Feel sorry for this Hachi already.
fr86
Posted: Aug 15 2004, 09:47 PM

banned?

my friend got one for 500 from his cusin. 500 CDN. wink2.gif

AND it runs. Not well, but the thing still purs. cool.gif

I think he fixed his clutch now (as in got a new one lol), working on the exaust (the pipe leaks xD~). Now THATS a deal. >=D

user posted image

front shot. Hood is just black. The car is lowered on cut springs, weak sauce. But damn, 500$, he showed me the transaction sheet. Another guy i know got 240 for 695 CDN @ auction! The deals u can get here.. >=D

This post has been edited by fr86 on Aug 15 2004, 09:51 PM
sideways
Posted: Aug 16 2004, 11:38 AM

Why did i get my at the point of the fad? becuae thats when i had money to get a car, if i wanted to be into the "Fad" id have gotten a 240.

Aw11-rx7

Rx7 is worth the price IF you got the money to upkeep them, plus theyre more fragile then the 86 is. more money, also the job ill be getting the end of next month is a driving job- gas mileage is important as well- its a bit less then 20 for the fc and the high 20s for the 86.

As for the aw11- 2 reasons to avoid this car, a- having a driving job i neeed room, not somethign the mr2 has.. and have you ever worked on an mr2? metal metal everywhere and not a spot to work. no room in the bastards, so i dont have the tools to get anythign done (a normal socket wont cut it- you need flexable tools which are expensive)

And heres the BIGGEST reason: availability. i probably would have gladly taken any of these 3 cars- in my eyes theyre all even when compared to ups and downs (86 may not be as "fast" as the fc to most, but its cheaper and does what i want it to easier- makign up for that).

A good mr2 would be about 2-3 grand for an na.
Fc is about the same price- and about 4-6 for a tii

I picked up my 86, pretty well tuned with adjustable suspension basic upgrades and an engine swap- for 2400- where nowadays in my area one in pretty much the same condition with better paint would have fetched 3000.

The 86 is a fun car- plain and simple. is a great handling car out of the box, and can cheaply and easily be made into a track warrior with a few basic engine upgrades and small suspension work. Theyre reliable (at my junk yard theres an 86- the only 86 there, it read 315xxx miles on a stock engine) and if they do break its pretty cheap to fix em to begin with. Lack of horse power is easily and cheaply made up for wink2.gif

This post has been edited by sidewaysgts on Aug 16 2004, 11:39 AM
fr86
Posted: Aug 17 2004, 08:16 AM

banned?

good arguments. I dont see how 86 has room, im 5'11 and i would like the seat to go back more. No room at all man.. the wheel is like rubbing my legs. xD~ aw11 is the same thing though. >_< FC is made for taller people. =D

Also, it all depends how u drive the FC.. gxl wont have that many problems cause they make alot less heat then the turbo models. And still its all about how u drive it, gravitus from initial-d forum ran his tii for a long time, and he is on his first engine rebuild right now. After track day he blew an apex seal (rx7s bish problem, im sure u know of it laugh.gif ).
Aesthetic 4AG
Posted: Aug 19 2004, 11:25 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,392

Why buy an 86 when you can be an original owner like me? happy.gif
Mine is pretty much still stock but i plan on working on getting a new intake/exhaust system; Leaning towards HKS right now, but still researching other names at the moment. I also want to get a new paint job soon, esp to get rid of that awful looking spot on my hood.

But yea, I seen a 1 or 2 86's that went for 2300 at recycler.com. They looked real clean and had about a little over 100k on the chassis.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
rageguy
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 12:31 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 2,681

i think id really influence many people to buy an 86. my frd is gonna buy one here in vancouver for around 3k. i guess its an ok deal for it. i duno about the mileage or condition though.

i personally drive an 03 nissan se-r. i would love to buy a nice cold air intake so i can get the nice air sound at high rpm smile.gif header and exhause seems good to buy too. turbo is too expensive for me anyway.
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 01:29 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

At least you all got cool cars. Mine is a piece of crap since it doesnt even have an A/C and the radio doesnt even work and everyday is getting worser. I just wish i could overhaul my cars engine!! >_< Another problem i noticed on my Cutlass is that the steering is a bit loose. Then theres the suspensions that annoys me. Every bump..and it squeaks as if its about to brake. Whenever i brake, it sounds as if its about to brake too. The whole thing is stock except for the new radiator that was replaced with a new one from another Cutlass( dont know which one) and the brake pump, brake cable line, and Spark Plug Wires and new Spark PLugs. I would really like to overhaul that engine cuz 86 mph is just, i dont know, to slow for me ~_~. I want to push my car to the limit but since i dont have a license yet and i dont know any tracks were i can practive and stuff...well..i cant do anything for now sad.gif
sideways
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 01:51 PM

QUOTE (fr86 @ Aug 17 2004, 08:16 AM)
good arguments. I dont see how 86 has room, im 5'11 and i would like the seat to go back more. No room at all man.. the wheel is like rubbing my legs. xD~ aw11 is the same thing though. >_< FC is made for taller people. =D

Also, it all depends how u drive the FC.. gxl wont have that many problems cause they make alot less heat then the turbo models. And still its all about how u drive it, gravitus from initial-d forum ran his tii for a long time, and he is on his first engine rebuild right now. After track day he blew an apex seal (rx7s bish problem, im sure u know of it  laugh.gif ).

Ok something is wrong here- Im almost 6'2 and i have to move the seat up 2 clicks... i cant imagine how the hell your reaching the pedals -properly- with the thing all the way back, considering i can barely do this myself. A friend of mine is almost 6'3 or 6' and weighs about 280- and even for him the wheel doesnt rub against his legs.If you find you dont have any room in an 86 your going to have serious problems.

Ive been in many FCs as well- my only friend out here is a fc driver, and he (used to) lead a team of FC drivers. Being 6'2 i find the fc MUCH tighter then my 86, but its a "perfect" fit. Any smaller would be too small. Everything is in perfect range and reach of me, nothings too close or too far.

Goign to a CIA on your car should not change the exhaust note- maybe add an extra wind noice factor.. but nothing youll really notice

_________

Dont even bother racing a cutlass... Cool car to get around in- not to attack turns in.
____

heh.. move the back seat further.... if ur 5'11 and need to go back further in the 86 due to lack of room... your not going to find many cars comfortable.

This post has been edited by sidewaysgts on Aug 20 2004, 01:55 PM
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 02:01 PM

Dont even bother racing a cutlass... Cool car to get around in- not to attack turns in.

lmao laugh.gif yeah your right, my cutlass was'nt ment to attack corners, just for a daily driving car happy.gif
Scuba Steve
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 07:13 PM

Ken > Ryu

Member No.: 2,386

5SPD 1996 240SX SE : grin2.gif
took me 6 months to find blink.gif
Scuba Steve
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 07:28 PM

Ken > Ryu

Member No.: 2,386

user posted image
user posted image
grin2.gif wasted all my money for her but it was all worth it
Iceman
Posted: Aug 20 2004, 11:07 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,488

QUOTE (gt3turbocharged9 @ Aug 7 2004, 11:33 AM)
well i have a 93' rx-7 type R click here to see it
and im in the market for a 944 turbo, or if i can find one a turbo S.

great car, that 944. trying to get one.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 03:23 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (Demon86Trueno @ Aug 20 2004, 02:01 PM)

lmao laugh.gif yeah your right, my cutlass was'nt ment to attack corners, just for a daily driving car happy.gif

That's right; It was built from the factory for you to pimp out...Three 20" chrome rims, one 14" spare... laugh.gif tongue.gif
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 07:27 PM

That's right; It was built from the factory for you to pimp out...Three 20" chrome rims, one 14" spare...

O_O!!!....im not a big fan of chrome unless is on pimp rides but i dont see my car on chrome but i dont know. It wont have chrome unless it gets a new paintjob and stuff. THEN i would put the 20 inch chrome spinner wheels....ok enough with the pimp out stuff >_>. the car i really want is the 86 corolla gts. but so far i have seen a few of them in relatively average condition although i have seen sr5's that are already smashed up and on cement blocks. the gts is the car i really want. If I cant find the Hatchback model then i might as well go for the notchback model since its the easiest model to get here. I just really want a car that I can work on and take care of it as if at was my own. And also, put my own looks into the car to show that i put my own personalitiys into the car. And whats the color i want on my 86? Read my Signature.....Black and Blue happy.gif
sideways
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 07:40 PM

Now that ive got some money in ive been thinking how to paint my car.. i started a thread about it awhile ago but i think ive decided.

Im going to make it pands- slightly different from takumis (ie the stripe going all the way around the front bumper)

But instead of white/black im going to go with as light a silver as i can find... i think thatll look awesome
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 07:46 PM

you mean silver and black like in Initial D version 3? thats a really cool color sidewaysgts happy.gif. i want mine to be blue and black since blue is my fav. color.
sideways
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 07:47 PM

ive never played ver 3 sad.gif
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 08:09 PM

ohmy.gif
alanj
Posted: Aug 21 2004, 08:52 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,059

QUOTE (sidewaysgts @ Aug 21 2004, 07:47 PM)

dont feel bad, neither have I, thought i might go to phantom r-32's tourney for ver 3 next week (still dont know though) But my car is a 93 ford probe gt, 5spd of course (like theres nething else, automatic whats that) cool.gif
night racer vinnie
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 10:30 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 2,714

hey guys this is my car its a 3000gt vr4
whit intake
p.s i have new rims on it but i have no new pics of it

Attached Image
Attached Image
Project D
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 06:43 AM

I have a real car!

Member No.: 1,492

QUOTE (alanj @ Aug 21 2004, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (sidewaysgts @ Aug 21 2004, 07:47 PM)

dont feel bad, neither have I, thought i might go to phantom r-32's tourney for ver 3 next week (still dont know though) But my car is a 93 ford probe gt, 5spd of course (like theres nething else, automatic whats that) cool.gif

yeah dont feel bad, cuz some of us have REAL cars we drive laugh.gif
sideways
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 06:52 AM

Ya, thats always true- but i cant do with my 86, the stuff i could do with an 86 in game
SlickDizzy
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 09:32 AM

The massive badger of the salad planet

Member No.: 989

Stickied, this is now the end-all-be-all of "what do you drive" threads.

430 Pages  1 2 3 4 »