Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Lou Grant - Don't Stop the Music

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,900  ·  Replies: 11 
> Gran Turismo PSP, PSP...review. short.
BlackSubaru
  Posted: Oct 1 2009, 04:07 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,007

not very happy with the psp version. i was able to race 2 races and buy a new car in the short tiem i played it today from a friend, and im not very happy. the car buying experience is like, "we got these four companies to sell you a car,,, and only these four.... but uts not that they're selling low-end models, there was a Veyron being sold next to old-ass toyotas, and no Supra....??

then i couldnt find where to buy performance parts form, and that REALLY pissed me off.

having only 4 cars on track at a time is not something we wanted, and it really hurts in the main game mode. im prolly gonna get it, and trade someone for a White ZR1(from the "special" bundle with a PSP3000) but its just not GT like i remember it..

i'd be honestly happier with a direct port of Gran Tuismo 2 with slightly updated graphics and newer car lineups.

This post has been edited by BlackSubaru on Oct 1 2009, 04:08 PM
Skv012a
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 05:05 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,343

I like good physics and car selection + looks on the go. Thats simply it, so GTP does it for me. Quick race/TA/drift with any car I can imagine anywhere anytime = perfect.
WRX
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 10:14 PM

IDW Racer

Member No.: 5,563

BOZZ
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 10:57 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (BlackSubaru @ 6 hours, 49 minutes ago)
not very happy with the psp version. i was able to race 2 races and buy a new car in the short tiem i played it today from a friend, and im not very happy. the car buying experience is like, "we got these four companies to sell you a car,,, and only these four.... but uts not that they're selling low-end models, there was a Veyron being sold next to old-ass toyotas, and no Supra....??

then i couldnt find where to buy performance parts form, and that REALLY pissed me off.

having only 4 cars on track at a time is not something we wanted, and it really hurts in the main game mode. im prolly gonna get it, and trade someone for a White ZR1(from the "special" bundle with a PSP3000) but its just not GT like i remember it..

i'd be honestly happier with a direct port of Gran Tuismo 2 with slightly updated graphics and newer car lineups.

Yeah, I am wondering if that has something to do with a hardware limitation, cause I was disappointed as well that they went with a 4 dealerships of the day. I was really expecting a GT 3 or 4 experience and well... I was sort of disappointed when I found out it's not quite like either of them...
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 11:33 PM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

i personally like it a lot. Im playing on a portable handheld, I like being able to do quick races and when I have time, work on getting the cars I want. An playing with 3 other friends makes things fun and obtaining cars fast. Obtain cars, Race friends, Time Attacking and Drifting. I really cant complain
Woffle
Posted: Oct 1 2009, 11:58 PM

/b/lackup

Member No.: 382

Kinda disappointing without a Career Mode, so many years of waiting and this is what they come up with?
RSanYon
Posted: Oct 2 2009, 04:56 PM

Trill.

Member No.: 31,059

Just got mine today. It came with the special Buggati Veyron Black M Edition. It's overall a pretty good game, despite lacking career mode and a total of 6 cars on the track.
BlackSubaru
  Posted: Oct 3 2009, 04:43 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

^gamestop.

that car list really exaggerates how little work they did for this game in the 5 years its been on hiatus.

all the same chevy cars from gt4, plus 1 new car, the current ZR1

i understand completely hopw some are happy wiht the portableness of it, get up and go, its great i lie that too, i just wanted soemthign more in depth of a agme. ill be doing a longer review of it later, whitout typos!!1

This post has been edited by BlackSubaru on Oct 3 2009, 04:43 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 04:52 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm enjoying the game. It's a PSP game afterall, can't complain about the amount of content.

But I do agree with BlackSubaru. You can tell this game was mostly completed years ago by looking at the dates of most cars. I was kinda dissapointed about most new cars being from 2003-2004. Most of the new cars are the ones they advertised or showed in the opening movie or trailers.

Also is it really necessary to have 2 or more of each car? Like for example the S2000. There's like 7 of them.. 1999, 2001, 2003 models then theres the Europe 2001, and U.S. 1999, 2001 and 2004. If someone can tell me the differences in those models then I wouldn't mind. But they all look like they have the same specs.
lance
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 06:54 PM

This is my Destiny

Member No.: 2,330

^ make it look like there's more cars, by using the same model
Skv012a
Posted: Oct 3 2009, 08:15 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 31,343

QUOTE (Takeshi Nakazato @ Oct 1 2009, 11:33 PM)
i personally like it a lot. Im playing on a portable handheld, I like being able to do quick races and when I have time, work on getting the cars I want. An playing with 3 other friends makes things fun and obtaining cars fast. Obtain cars, Race friends, Time Attacking and Drifting. I really cant complain

I come closer and closer to this same conclusion. Earn a lil money practicing in a new car, check if the next one you want is available yet; buy it or keep going; if you got a new car, see how well you do with it vs your older car, etc.
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Oct 4 2009, 04:04 PM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

I was able to race with 3 other friends last night at IHOP lol, tons of fun and I love Time Attacking