Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Norma Sheffield - Maybe Tonite

Views: 2,580  ·  Replies: 9 
> Hey there, folks.
RedComet
  Posted: Apr 28 2013, 03:45 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,622

Hi!

I'm Kay. Fun facts:
  • I live in the Northeastern US.
  • I drive a bright red candy metallic Ford Focus nicknamed the "Red Comet'. If you get the joke, then you're awesome, and I like you already!
  • I've been a fan of ID for a couple of years, but a fan of cars (and anime/manga in general) for a lot longer.
  • I'm a freelance photographer, and that often gets me out to car shows and the like. smile.gif
  • I like bullet-pointed lists. I mean, really, really like them.
  • You might get to figure out what 'Kay' is short for, if you try hard. Also, you can be what you wanna be, if you follow your heart.
  • Another big hobby of mine is craft beer. So don't be too surprised to find me enthusing about some strange, tasty, high-calorie microbrew I've recently fallen in love with. I tend to do that.
  • I don't really do it much anymore (time/money), but I like cosplay.
  • I've family from both Brazil, and Japan. No, I'm not fluent in Japanese (I used to be, more or less, but that was ages ago).

That's really all I can think of mentioning at the moment. smile.gif Nice to meet you. biggrin.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 06:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

Welcome to the site! That's a very nice Focus.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 07:18 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Oh Brazilian and Japanese mix you are? That's awesome! I know someone who is that mix and she's one of the prettiest people I know! She also doesn't know Japanese, but she knows Portuguese. Anyhow its great to have you! I hope to see you around the forums. Enjoy your stay! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Rudy
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 09:07 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Meteor
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:23 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Welcome to IDW, new person with nice car. Hope you'll enjoy it here.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 02:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

user posted image

Welcome to IDW... enjoy your stay.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RedComet
  Posted: Apr 28 2013, 05:25 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 52 minutes ago)
http://i.imgur.com/2u2lRNm.jpg

Welcome to IDW... enjoy your stay.

cool.gif
As Quattro Takahashi would say, "Your driving technique is still bound by gravity!"

...Or something. awesome.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words, guys. smile.gif I hope to make myself at home around here. Dorifuta, I live in New England. Part time between central CT and western MA. Harsh winters. sad.gif CG2; I still speak Portuguese more or less, but like my Japanese skills, it's gone down the toilet thanks to disuse. Believe it or not, the biggest population of Japanese outside of Japan is in Brazil. There are also a lot of expat Brazilians working in Japan, so it's not an entirely uncommon combination.

And thanks, the Focus is a pretty fun little car. I feel like it's a very underrated car. The current generation (the MkIII) is a great evolution of the pretty well-respected previous versions. I think it's a bit like what the EG6 and EK9 Civics used to be like. with maybe a bit of the Golf GTI thrown in (it is, after all, a Ford of Europe design).
Spaz
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 08:57 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Welcome!

I do like the Focus, they are incredibly fun cars for what they are. I would suggest making a post about the car in the Automotive section, but it appears you already have.

Also, glad to have another craft beer fan on here. In effect, have you tried the Founder's KBS yet? It's pretty hard to find but it's by far and away the best beer I've ever had to date, and I know it's topped a number of my friends' lists as well. I do tend toward bourbon barrel beers though, to be honest.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RedComet
  Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:47 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I've not had KBS; don't think I've seen it locally. I think the last bourbon barrel style beer I've had is the Firestone Double-Barrel Ale. It was alright. My latest kick has been Ommegang's Three Philosophers' Ale, which, I have to say, is pretty delicious (on top of being able to knock you on your duff!). I have some unopened treats laying around the house too (Some DFH 120 Minute IPA I've been aging, various chocolate stouts, and a couple of bottles of black IPAs).

Spaz
Posted: Apr 29 2013, 06:06 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Three Philosophers' is great. I haven't had any around the house for a while but if I see it I'll usually pick it up. New Holland's Dragon's Milk is is another one I'll grab if I get the chance, though I still have a bottle in the basement. The KBS I've only ever found on tap, my usual spot had it and I luckily stopped by the night they tapped it, it was gone the following night. The best craft beer bar in the 'Cities has a keg, but they wouldn't tell us when they'll tap it. One of my buddies gave them his number, so hopefully they'll call when they do.

We'll see what I get on my next run though, it's almost summer and that means hops and shandies are in. Probably pick up some Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy as per usual among a few others.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums