Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Gimme the Night

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 115,006  ·  Replies: 127 
> Initial D Arcade Stage Zero
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 05:26 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,795

Sega just released a video about this, but not much detail in it. :/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EJ9iUKKLnw

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ryanrioz
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 08:31 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,615

QUOTE (Akii @ Jul 31 2016, 08:03 PM)
So now the IDAS has a name now. It will be called Initial D Arcade Stage Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYlaBm6-Mo&feature=share

Notable new features are...

- H shifter pattern ala Wangan now
- Uses AIME cards the save data now. No more Initial D License usage

that AIME cards like the visa card pay wave right? ohmy.gif
SonicSP
  Posted: Jan 21 2017, 08:36 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Yeah sort of. They are also cloud based, meaning it will not work without an online connection since the data are all stored on Sega's servers.

Which also means if that if your arcade doesn't subscribe to Sega's online services or the Internet is down for the day, you can't use your card period.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 21 2017, 08:37 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
  Posted: Jan 26 2017, 06:56 AM

IDW Senior Member

From some youtube videos, the significant changes are the steering inputs(about one-third of the usual input), the car physics when its not full tuned( more like D3 and D7 than D8), and NO FUCKING EUROBEAT rant.gif

(sigh facepalm.gif facepalm.gif)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZt2oF4xME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgnp8CICFQ

Let the videos do the talking
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 11:06 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE ((Sean)Lau Yu Xuan @ 4 hours, 9 minutes ago)
From some youtube videos, the significant changes are the steering inputs(about one-third of the usual input), the car physics when its not full tuned( more like D3 and D7 than D8), and NO FUCKING EUROBEAT rant.gif

(sigh facepalm.gif facepalm.gif)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZt2oF4xME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgnp8CICFQ

Let the videos do the talking

I think you might not wanna judge too early. There's The Top and Stop Your Self Control unlocked by players. Whatever it is that is shown now, just watch and not judge. You may or may not like it doesn't mean others will too. happy.gif
holnivek
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 12:21 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

The drift light seems to be replaced by giant strobing LED's beside the screen. Not sure if I like it personally, can get disturbing. Also this might trigger someone with epilepsy LOL.

One thing I do like, is the minimap seems to show a larger portion of the course now. This is great especially for beginners.

This post has been edited by holnivek on Jan 26 2017, 12:23 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 07:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 8 hours, 34 minutes ago)
I think you might not wanna judge too early. There's The Top and Stop Your Self Control unlocked by players. Whatever it is that is shown now, just watch and not judge. You may or may not like it doesn't mean others will too. happy.gif

Wait, really? OK i take back what i said about having no Eurobeat, but man damn that's cool having The Top in the game. rolleyes.gif smile.gif .
SonicSP
  Posted: Jan 27 2017, 12:47 AM

Nagao Fanboy

- Personally hoping they'll be more eurobeat songs in the game (I am not a big fan on the songs used in the movies - and this is coming from someone who loves rock usually). Hopefully Sega will surprise us with some Eurobeat tracks in the final game but I guess seeing a few Eurobeat tracks in the rest is encouraging I guess though it's not a confirmation yet that they'll make it to the final game if past experience is an example.

- One big disappointment I have with the current demo is that they took out the car tuning info in the race UI. That was one new feature I was really looking forward to so hopefully they'll add it back in for the final release.

- Not a big fan of the LED thing either mainly because hardware can and will fail over time. Relying on a soft indicator like the previously would be better solution IMO.

- Physics doesn't look too appealing but hard make any conclusions since it's not Full Tune and still a test. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

- Speculation: I suspect the new default tachometer will have a gear location indicator similar to Wangan. It will intuitively help some players with the H-shifter since it provides them quick visual info on where's the next gear they want to go.
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Jan 27 2017, 05:36 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,336

Man I hope we get this in North America. I realize it's gonna require online and Sega hasn't believe it's worth it to provide us online services to this point, but IMO the environment here has drastically changed within the last year. We're getting more and more Round 1 locations, plus Dave & Busters has shown a willingness to accommodate going online with DDR Ace. So maaayybe, Sega might change it's stance?? Wishful thinking I know but I can hope!

please.gif please.gif please.gif
SonicSP
  Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:34 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Online battles are very unlikely but using them to make use of the Aime card seems reasonable. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Sega still charges them the full price of the online subscription for that (which is a monthly online fee plus a percentage of the revenue form all game played).

First things first though, the arcades we need to purchase EXP machines instead of JPN machines, since Sega absolutely won't allow those to go online outside Japan.
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 12:55 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

Apparently, this comes out on the 7th of march in Japan. smile.gif

This post has been edited by LancE.Ryousuke on Feb 17 2017, 12:56 AM
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Feb 18 2017, 02:43 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 47,345

Some gameplay surfaced a month ago

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZt2oF4xME )

It also shows the Hakone turnpike, so this course is confirmed.
SonicSP
  Posted: Feb 18 2017, 10:41 PM

Nagao Fanboy

We've seen some of the gameplay but most of us suspect it's not the final physics yet. Location Tests usually don't use the finalized physics of the upcoming game. For example D5 Location Tests used D4 physics back in the day and the finalized version of D5 turned out to be quite different.

In addition, there's also the Spec factor since even in the final games in D6/D7/D8, the Full Spec physics turned out to be very different from the early ones.

Still it's an interesting look. Personally I wish they brought back the car spec tuning being shown in Race HUD shown during the first D0 trailer. That was an addition I was really looking forward to so I. could know what spec I was facing against mine so I would know whether I was being beaten by tuning or skill. This happens a lot in the early levels of online battles, where some players have finished their upgrades or used D-Coins to get them high.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 18 2017, 10:44 PM
jon360x
Posted: Feb 20 2017, 09:20 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

The current physics looks very appealing to me currently. also the steering range has reduced by half? Its not very cool in particular but it does make it less harder to turn fully. (very good for small and weak guys like me in particular Lol). Just from the looks the game does look easy to play. But its still too early to judge.
icedagger
Posted: Feb 20 2017, 10:47 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

QUOTE (jon360x @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
The current physics looks very appealing to me currently. also the steering range has reduced by half? Its not very cool in particular but it does make it less harder to turn fully. (very good for small and weak guys like me in particular Lol). Just from the looks the game does look easy to play. But its still too early to judge.

It might be for maintenance reasons. Cutting the wheel's range would make it less prone to breaking.
Eternal Firebird
Posted: Feb 20 2017, 02:23 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 47,345

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgnp8CICFQ )

There's another one also from a month ago, this one is now on Irohazaka, which shows the steering wheel and the brake on front.
faizdanyal
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:15 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,031

There's good news to those who want to transfer your IDAS8 data to Zero. You need to register your Sega ID first to do so. There are rewards for you when you transfer your IDAS8 card data to Zero.

1. Bonus Driver Points when you start playing Zero based on how many mileage you did during IDAS8.
Less than 1,000km = 3,000 points
1,000km to 5,000km = 10,000 points
More than 5,000km = 15,000 points

2. A cool looking bonus profile frame to start off.

Here's the link:
https://zero.sega-initiald.net/inid0/takeover/login

Bad News: Currently only available for Japanese users so we might have to wait for a while. Already tried it once BTW.

SonicSP
  Posted: Mar 8 2017, 07:27 AM

Nagao Fanboy

There's only like 8 courses in the game I think, which sounds massively disappointing. (Hakone, Lake Akina, Usui, Myogi, Akagi, Akina, Irozahaka and Tsukuba) There's two empty slots in the menu UI, but even that brings it up to only 10.

By contrast D8 has 16 courses - 15 of those at release before Hakone was unlocked shortly after. Even if we discount Akina Snow and go back to 15, that's still a massive dropoff.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Mar 8 2017, 07:46 AM
holnivek
Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:12 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ Yesterday, 7:15 PM)
1. Bonus Driver Points when you start playing Zero based on how many mileage you did during IDAS8.
Less than 1,000km = 3,000 points
1,000km to 5,000km = 10,000 points
More than 5,000km = 15,000 points

Any idea how many points you need to fully tune a car? If it's the same as D8, then 15,000 points isn't a lot for a card with 5,000km mileage. It would be better to hold onto your D8 card unless you have a few extras lying around.

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 4 hours, 41 minutes ago)
There's only like 8 courses in the game I think, which sounds massively disappointing. (Hakone, Lake Akina, Usui, Myogi, Akagi, Akina, Irozahaka and Tsukuba) There's two empty slots in the menu UI, but even that brings it up to only 10.

By contrast D8 has 16 courses - 15 of those at release before Hakone was unlocked shortly after. Even if we discount Akina Snow and go back to 15, that's still a massive dropoff.

This is my biggest gripe with the game so far. Momiji Line, Nanamagari, Tsubaki Line and Akina Snow have been removed, and personally I think these are the most fun courses in the game.

And for god's sake, why is Lake Akina still in the game?

This post has been edited by holnivek on Mar 8 2017, 12:18 PM
Saint
Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:13 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Is Zero in Malaysia already? :o

If not, when's the estimate?

This post has been edited by Saint on Mar 8 2017, 12:22 PM
SonicSP
  Posted: Mar 8 2017, 05:42 PM

Nagao Fanboy

We don't even know whether it would even come to Malaysia to honest. The the RM being weak and all and these beings new machines as opposed to upgrade kits. it would make it a very very expensive. The specific economic and tax environment of the last few years have made it really tough for the local arcade industry.

For the moment, there is no word on an EXP release. Doesn't mean there won't be one, just that there's no word on it yet. If it does come to Malaysia, it would take awhile. Not just a short one month wait like D8.

Some are speculating end of the year but again we don't have much to go on.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Mar 8 2017, 09:31 PM
Saint
Posted: Mar 8 2017, 11:00 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Better late than never, I guess. :Xl:
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 12:24 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Jan 27 2017, 12:47 AM)
- Not a big fan of the LED thing either mainly because hardware can and will fail over time. Relying on a soft indicator like the previously would be better solution IMO.

Well no worries it seems that you can switch to D8 tachometer and have the old drift indication, just that it's always gold tho.

https://youtu.be/ex8av03aJ14

SonicSP
  Posted: Mar 25 2017, 12:51 AM

Nagao Fanboy

So from what I hear, in addition to being smaller the D0 steering only turns around 90 degrees. That makes it much closer to the Wangan steering wheel if not the same. For comparison, the current D4-D8 steering wheel turns 270 degrees, about 66% cut if that's true.

There's also apparently quite a number of reports in Japan about steering wheel breaking within the first few days of release.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Mar 25 2017, 12:53 AM
N643
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 08:29 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

Cant wait to id like mt lol

6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6