Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Miki no Shoutai

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,855  ·  Replies: 26 
> The Official iPhone Thread
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 12:55 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 2 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Which is funny since it does pretty much everything an iPhone can do, but since it's OS is open source, you aren't bound by Apple's proprietary limitations. The only problem with the Droid phones is they don't have the tidal wave of hyped up marketing and press behind them like Apple does. I don't want to sound preachy, I just get this every day from people who buy iPhones and complain about things it can't do; but then laugh or scoff at the idea of having ANY other phone, because its not an iPhone.

How are the apps on it? I remember looking into Android before cellphones sporting it came out and I was worried about how the apps are made using Java of all things... At least on the bright side it is using a Linux-based OS...

I can agree at least on some parts that jailbreaking an iPhone has its uses... Like having a bit torrent client or VLC for iPhone...
Woffle
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 04:34 PM

/b/lackup

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 382

Android apps just broke the 50k mark.
There's also a Verizon compatible Nexus One coming soon, but the Incredible is just so much better, that is until the EVO 4G comes out, also made by HTC, but exclusively on Sprint.

2 Pages  1 2