Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Boom Boom Japan

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,341  ·  Replies: 20 
> Watch_Dogs, I can't freakin' wait...
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 17 2014, 10:53 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Is no one talking about this yet? Or is everyone just keeping it in?

I mean, I don't think I ever wanted a game so badly in my entire life. I mean...goodness I want this game NAO.
Drift Dude
Posted: May 18 2014, 02:18 AM

That guy from Belgium

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,995

Easy there, just keep breathing in and out at a steady pace.

In any case, I'm also waiting for my Vigilante edition.
Tessou
Posted: May 21 2014, 05:53 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

This is probably the last 360 game I will buy before moving up to an Xbox One. I tried avoiding the hype for a long time, but the most recent trailers and gameplay footage got me hooked.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 21 2014, 11:39 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm getting this regardless, but I'm not gonna get myself excited. The last major title I was hyped for was The Last of Us, and I was pretty disappointed. The story was good, but the gameplay was generic and bland. So I'm going to set my expectations low for this one.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 21 2014, 11:43 AM
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 21 2014, 12:35 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 55 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
I'm getting this regardless, but I'm not gonna get myself excited. The last major title I was hyped for was The Last of Us, and I was pretty disappointed. The story was good, but the gameplay was generic and bland. So I'm going to set my expectations low for this one.

I understand your point, it is better to set your expectations low and expect what you get rather then having extremely high expectations and be let down.

All I hope it doesn't turn into an Aliens: Colonial Marines thing. THAT would be an ultra disappointment.
Tessou
Posted: May 22 2014, 03:48 AM

Group Icon

The only real hesitation is that this is coming from Ubisoft, which has a rich history of releasing buggy games and having to come out with multiple patches to give us the game they advertised.

The last two Assassins Creed games are a good example. AC4 was chock full o' bugs.
RalliKai
Posted: May 22 2014, 05:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

It's certainly on my "To buy" list. I'll probably rent it for PS3 to try it but hold off on buying it formally until I purchase a PS4 down the road.
kyonpalm
Posted: May 25 2014, 05:06 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K49u5jDxGA )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 25 2014, 05:26 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

LOL Whhhhaaaaaaa????

Anime figurine collector? Oh great, guess the company who developed the game (can't remember...) thought of everything...

LOL WWWWHHHAAAATTTT?!
Tessou
Posted: May 26 2014, 06:38 AM

Group Icon

Watching some longplay vids of this, I'm pumped for the midnight release tonight. Everything I've seen so far is very promising. Aside from the ludicrous part about a single OS running the entire city, the story is pretty solid. The OS thing is obviously just thrown in there to explain how you can hack everything, so I give it a "bye" for the sake of gameplay.

A lot of people on certain game sites are pissing and moaning about graphics, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think it was running on a Nintendo 64.
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 26 2014, 01:36 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Just seen some of the gameplay footage and all I can say (or do...I dunno) is simply this:

user posted image

Does this image need to be so big? Yes, yes it does. That is how heavy my breathing is. DAMMIT WHY IT NO TOMORROW ALREADY?!

And I blame my mind for wanting to make a fanfic based of Watch_Dogs...FFFFUUUU.
Tessou
Posted: May 26 2014, 06:37 PM

Group Icon

I have my preorder ticket in pocket now. I was the third guy in line, so I'm in group 1. smile.gif MIDNIGHT!

EDIT: Got my copy. Sleep time and then I'll install it. Been awake since 5am.

This post has been edited by Tessou on May 26 2014, 09:13 PM
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 27 2014, 05:29 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

I played this game and all I can say is...

Play this game. It's great, everything feels smooth (for the PS3 at least) and it is a wonderful game. Will admit somethings can get repetitive at times but the story is wonderful. You feel for the protagonist, which is a first in a while for me at least.
RSanYon
Posted: May 27 2014, 07:49 PM

Trill.

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,059

Picked up my copy today. Got the pre-order bonuses from GameStop as well. The overall gameplay is unique and storyline is great, but my god the driving physics are horrible. That was one thing I immediately did not like and felt that Ubisoft could've spent more time on. I also felt the graphics felt a bit downgraded compared to the 2012 E3 demo video. The online hacking can get pretty annoying too if you leave it turned on. There's plenty of side missions and mini-games to do with my personal favorite being "Psychedelic" lol. Overall the game itself is pretty good despite some misses here and there.

This post has been edited by RSanYon on May 27 2014, 08:10 PM
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 27 2014, 08:26 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (RSanYon @ 36 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
The overall gameplay is unique and storyline is great, but my god the driving physics are horrible. That was one thing I immediately did not like and felt that Ubisoft could've spent more time on. I also felt the graphics felt a bit downgraded compared to the 2012 E3 demo video. The online hacking can get pretty annoying too if you leave it turned on.

Well think about the driving like this, rally style physics. So you can't just floor the car all the time and you'll need to do some 2 second braking in order to control the car at high speeds. Graphics? Well I rather have a smoother gameplay experience then top of the line graphics, so it's a meh in my book. At least, in my point of view, it slightly surpasses GTA V graphics on last gen machines.
RSanYon
Posted: May 27 2014, 08:51 PM

Trill.

Lol I mean I guess. The driving physics and damage model/deformation in general is just really unrefined compared to other games in its genre in my opinion. And I could pass on the graphics, just slightly disappointed it was downgraded. Then again, I picked this game up for a PS3.
RalliKai
Posted: May 28 2014, 05:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (RSanYon @ 9 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Lol I mean I guess. The driving physics and damage model/deformation in general is just really unrefined compared to other games in its genre in my opinion. And I could pass on the graphics, just slightly disappointed it was downgraded. Then again, I picked this game up for a PS3.

I was just going to ask if you had bought the PS4/XBone version but not surprised the graphics would be tweaked down to make it maybe run alittle smoother for the PS3.

Seeing alot of mixed reviews on Metacritic. Doesn't deter from wanting to try this game.
Tessou
Posted: May 28 2014, 06:26 AM

Group Icon

The last-gen versions do not look as good as GTA V. The pop in and basic textures on a lot of objects are nowhere near the same quality.

Last night, right before going to bed, I found the first missing person and heard that bone chilling music start playing. Real nice way to end the night, hearing that shit in your head as you try to sleep.

Driving is a bit iffy, unless you're in one of the exotics, which magically handle like a dream. Motorcycles are a fucking nightmare, especially when some of the fixer jobs REQUIRE you to use them for difficult time trials with tons of cops swarming you. Cars are better used as cover, and to hide in when escaping cops within the search area (+1 over GTA V for that awesome feature!).

Cops in general were handled better here than in GTA V, but I wish they had more of them on patrol for realism. If a civilian calls the cops on you, dispatch performs a ctOS scan of the general area... and you're pretty screwed if you're not in a car or have a com jammer when that scan happens, because I found that it is basically impossible to escape that scan radius on foot before you're spotted. Thankfully, it's not a real pain to get rid of the police, even if they swarm you. The game makes a good point of teaching you that directly assaulting the police is a stupid idea if you try.

The reviews on Metacritic are almost entirely based on people's expectations of the game (GTA with hacking) compared to what the game actually is. I think a lot of folks had the wrong idea of what kind of game this was. It's not "like Skyrim with hacks". I also saw some people knock the game down a few points simply because Ubisoft's servers were overloaded on day one, preventing some online features from working properly.

My advice? Rent it if you're skeptical, buy it if you know it's what you want. I have no regrets on this purchase even with its flaws.
RSanYon
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 03:13 PM

Trill.

Just finished the game. Storyline is crazy is hell, but in a good way.
alinarodriguez
Posted: Dec 26 2018, 04:29 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,532

Finished the game. The storyline was great and the gameplay was just perfect. Can't wait to buy the 2nd part now. Any idea if it's good? Have been hearing negative feedback about it
Eridon
  Posted: Oct 6 2019, 11:23 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,273

I don't like new Watch Dogs: Legion many characters craziness.