Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Around The World

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

26 Pages  « 24 25 26  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 290,976  ·  Replies: 644 
> Are The Race Locations Real ?, Check here for video and photo proof!
Shavo26
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 06:16 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,880

Hi everyone, I'm a french fan of japanese auto culture, and of course, as I'm here, a huge fan of Initial D.

Starting from a map I found on Google, with the location of all the Initial D's mountain passes, I created my own map, with the full runs (not only the tops) and some other auto related things that may not interest you... It's a day after day work, which goal is going to Japan one day and being able to drive and do all these stuffs.

But I though you may want to take a look at that so here's the link.
Feel free to say me any possible mistake or additions you think may help in this map, or to use and modify it for yourself wink2.gif

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Shavo26 on Jul 30 2013, 06:27 AM
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 07:03 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,401

QUOTE (awddrifter @ May 22 2013, 02:59 AM)
I marked them here (A is uphill start/downhill finish, B is downhill start/uphill finish):
http://s7.postimg.org/y8lo48j57/tsubakir.jpg
Where it intersects Toyo turnpike is the highest point on Tsubaki Line, to the west and east of that point, it is downhill all the way.

From the coordinates on the left it show it would take 20'ish minutes to do the whole Touge from A-B?

@Shavo26 - That link is awesome, I bet a lot of people would use it!! Might deserve it's own thread maybe??

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Jul 30 2013, 07:07 AM
Shavo26
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 12:34 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,880

I'm not the creator of the initial map, I used that one. and just added the full runs.
So I don't know if it's a good thing to start a new thread with something not really mine !

But if everyone thinks so, go, I don't mind for the part I did !!

Edit : it seems to come from this thread.

I'm trying to build a new map with the new Google tools (using layers...), but the beta version not seems to allow drawing lines along the roads, only straight lines...
The link.

This post has been edited by Shavo26 on Jul 31 2013, 03:12 AM
KevinMCMXXCIX
Posted: Aug 15 2013, 06:45 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,717

On your FB page I saw pics passing by.
So cool that the places in the anime are so close in compare with real world.

Want to drive them all xD
awddrifter
Posted: Sep 5 2013, 04:42 PM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

QUOTE (FC_spec @ Jul 30 2013, 07:03 AM)
From the coordinates on the left it show it would take 20'ish minutes to do the whole Touge from A-B?

Yes, the full Tsubaki line touge is VERY long. How long it takes to drive depends on how fast you are driving though... biggrin.gif

Also, I went there again a few weekends ago (on the way home from drifting at Fuji Speedway drift park). There were a TON of people driving the touge at ~11pm. At the parking area mid-way on the touge (where Mako and Sayuki are spectating in the Anime), there were probably ~25 cars. All were there for grip driving. There was everything from Lancer Evos to EK9 civics to Suzuki Swifts to BMW M3s to RX7/8s. Unfortunately no pics, since my cellphone is broken and I used all my camera batteries at Fuji Speedway... facepalm.gif

I did a few runs up and down, and was easily caught by people behind me. I'm still a noob on the touge, and I was using worn-out tyres I used for drifting.... sad.gif I left at around 1am since I was almost passing out while driving, I got up at 4am that day to get to Fuji speedway for drifting, so I was extremely tired... (>_<)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 03:06 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I've compiled an album of Initial D Real Life locations on the Facebook fanpage.

Check it out:

user posted image

Be sure to read the full description if you want to learn more! smile.gif
awddrifter
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 05:23 AM

なんでやねん

^
Thanks for the compilation album! It will come in handy for when I finally visit all the locations smile.gif
Also, thanks for the link to that "JEFの港" site too! Some interesting reenactments they have at the real locations (but at public road speeds, understandably....)
Next time I go to Nanamagari, I hope that Hiroya Okuyama replica Blue GP Sports widebody-S15 shows up again like it did last spring. I'll never forget the sight of that thing drifting uphill on Nanamagari at full opposite-lock with tons of tire smoke.....

By the way, I went to Nikko two weeks ago and drove up and down Irohazaka:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 721. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

There were tons of people there because the trees were changing color......:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 721. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

But there was some great scenery smile.gif :

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Also, drifting is definitely not dead on Irohazaka, there were marks from drifting on almost every corner biggrin.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Moreso on the uphill than downhill though.

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Nov 25 2013, 05:45 AM
StewartFordSF1
Posted: Jan 16 2014, 08:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,253

Ideal to thump in a Ford RS200, or an Audi Quattro from the Group B period, or a maniacally modded Lancia Delta Integrale. A new meaning of Initial D style racing crossing over with Rally Racing.

BTW: If I put to drive a fully modded Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione on these roads, how it may perform? As some say that by the speedbumps in the hairpin apexes, there's a heavy chance that it might roll over on exit.

This post has been edited by StewartFordSF1 on Jan 18 2014, 08:14 AM
thewhiteghost
Posted: Jan 21 2014, 10:25 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,870

So this place does exist..Irohazaka remind me of third stage when AE86 rematch the EVO 3 Emperor... ohmy.gif
awddrifter
Posted: Apr 14 2014, 08:10 PM

なんでやねん

^
^
They should really have a Japanese round in the WRC again, but this time on the tarmac in the Kanto area. Leg 1 should be on the roads in Gunma, Leg 2 should be in Saitama or Tochigi, and Leg 3 should be in Kanagawa. The central service park could be located at the gigantic parking lot in Odaiba, which is a central location to all three Legs. It's the parking lot they use for D1GP.
Initial D could tie in some marketing with the round too. This would be so cool to see!!! biggrin.gif We can only dream....

So I went back to Tsubaki line this weekend. It was quite pretty with the Sakura in bloom, so I thought I should post some pictures smile.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Some people had been drifting the final hairpin recently (on the downhill):
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Below, these are "Tsubaki", and they are all over the place on Tsubaki Line (obviously). "Tsubaki" is "Japanese camellia" in English, which apparently is the state flower of Alabama ohmy.gif
user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Apr 15 2014, 04:56 AM
PrinceGoro
Posted: Jun 28 2014, 02:40 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,377

What does Myogi look like in real life ?

like special stage or the later arcade games ?

Is it a very wide road or narrow ?
awddrifter
Posted: Jul 19 2014, 07:16 AM

なんでやねん

Hey all! I went to Gunma ~ a month ago, so I thought I would share pics like I have for the other areas. I went to Haruna (Akina) and Akagi.

When I got to the top of Haruna, there were already some other Initial D fans there. They were parked in the middle of the road and taking pics of their AE86 at the start line laugh2.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1082. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I proceeded up to the parking lot next to lake Haruna, and it was really crowded. There was only one spot left, and it happened to be next to this Panda Trueno with RS Watanabes! What a coincidence! biggrin.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1082. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

There were a bunch of extremely clean classic skylines there too:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

On the way down, I stopped for a pic at the downhill startline:
user posted image

There was a lot of traffic because the flowers on the touge were in full bloom. People were there to sight-see:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The finish line:
user posted image

Next, I drove on over to Akagi.
Despite there being cats-eyes in the center of the road, there are still people drifting on it. Check out all the tire marks:
user posted image

Some sections have had the cats-eyes removed (probably by some drifters?).
Other sections have no cats-eyes installed.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

At the parking lot next to lake Onuma (the lake at the top of Mt. Akagi), there were a lot of Bosozoku:
user posted image

user posted image

I went hiking to the top of one of the mountain peaks at Mt. Akagi. Here is the view from about half-way up:
user posted image

The trail was narrow and perilous in some places:
user posted image

After the hike, I stopped for a quick visit to Akagi temple:
user posted image

A couple were praying there:
user posted image

The parking lot at the top of the touge sees a lot of drifting and donuts:
user posted image

The gate was closed to this parking lot though...
user posted image

A clearer view of the drift marks on the downhill:
user posted image

user posted image

I stopped at a really nice onsen at the base of Mt. Akagi to relax after the hike.
There was a spot next to this S15, so I had to park there happy.gif
user posted image

Hopefully I can find time to go back! It was a 4 hour drive (with some of traffic) from where I live in Yokohama...
In summary, it looks like drifting is alive and well on Akagi, but I didn't see any tire marks on Haruna.

^
I haven't been to Myogi yet, so I'm not sure...
You can get a bit of an idea from the google street view pics though:
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@36.2839913,138.753099,15z

EDIT:
Also, here is a video I found that overlays the manga & anime scenes onto the real locations in the Hakone area. You can see just how well both the anime and manga did at exactly portraying the actual locations smile.gif
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXospGz_EA )

This post has been edited by awddrifter on Jul 20 2014, 06:45 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 19 2014, 08:06 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

The pilgrimage we should all hope to make someday. Beautiful pics!
RIT_ninja
Posted: Sep 6 2014, 06:57 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/in-pursui...31384481/+Fahey

Jalopnik did a feature article on the surroundings of Haruna
RedComet
Posted: Sep 12 2014, 12:45 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 40,622

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ Sep 6 2014, 06:57 PM)
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/in-pursui...31384481/+Fahey

Jalopnik did a feature article on the surroundings of Haruna

Kat Callahan is awesome; I've been following her Oppositelock/Jalopnik posts for a while now. She's very cool. It's a bummer that people on Oppo give her crap for driving an auto GA3 but most of them aren't aware of the costs associated with motoring in Japan (like getting a new license, how much shaken can be, etc).

Bersheraq
Posted: Feb 21 2015, 08:12 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,149

What interests me is that there are people who just drive these roads, without really understanding the importance of them to our series. I'm a large fan of Initial D, and I would love to fly out to Japan one day and drive these roads.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 21 2015, 09:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

An absolutely excellent first post. We have plenty of newbies who could learn a thing or two from you.

Welcome to IDW! You should post over in the Welcome forum in the Community section, as well as the pinned 'What Car Do You Have?' thread in Automotive General if you've got something interesting to show off. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Falbere
Posted: Feb 21 2015, 10:46 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 7 minutes ago)
An absolutely excellent first post. We have plenty of newbies who could learn a thing or two from you.

Are you hinting something
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Zergax
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 03:36 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 47,708

Wow not only do the roads look absolutely fantastic to drive on but that scenery! I'd really love to go to Japan explore the big cities drive on the wangan and get lost in the countryside trying to find the nicest spot for a picknick.
Gaming101
Posted: Mar 24 2024, 04:58 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,904

wow thats pretty awesome

26 Pages  « 24 25 26