Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Monster at the velocity

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,353  ·  Replies: 2 
> Sony Vaio VGN-C240E WindowsXP Drivers, From Vista to XP
khat17
  Posted: Sep 24 2008, 05:32 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yj4y9o

I recall some time ago searching all over for drivers for the Sony Vaio VGN-C240E, and having a bit of a hard time getting all the drivers. That should be most if not all of the drivers for said laptop for the XP OS. There are persons who don't want Vista on their machine but can't find the XP drivers, and it seems to be a common issue with that model laptop. The link above has my compilation of drivers for the machine.

It's frustrating how some manufacturers don't have a driver matrix with the different OSes in mind. Some machines are made and ONLY Vista drivers are put out for that machine. Whatever happens if the client decides to downgrade? I guess that's where people like us come in to scour the net and find the different drivers for the machine........

PeAcE.
MR_2
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 12:47 PM

Radeon Force

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

I guess the manufacture did not test if the driver is certified for vista or xp at all...It's just like how VisionTek(ATi's Graphic card company) did not test their graphic driver's problem before.

Although Technology is getting better and better each and every day, some of the small competitive companies aren't still testing their hardware/software at all, so they're just eager to get it out. Look what happened to Window Vista! wink2.gif
khat17
  Posted: Apr 14 2013, 11:41 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

Interestingly I got a message saying that the file will expire in 7 days from today. This after 2173 downloads since it was uploaded on January 29, 2008, 15:56 according to the system. I decided to put it on SkyDrive just in case it goes down. I don't think it's going anywhere unless I delete my account or something so just in case. The SendSpace link is the same as it was.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=14209...APtHh7CAnO3DQB0

or

http://sdrv.ms/129cNS4