Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing DJ Cryptomundo Party Hour CM 1

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 357 358 359 360 361 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,557  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 05:57 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 14 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
I doubt that.
The underwear stays on.

What about the undershirt? shifty2.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 06:03 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

I don't wear wife beaters. I don't wear undershirts to sleep either.
I usually wear undershirts underneath a dress shirt.

umustwait101
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 07:34 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 1 hour, 30 minutes ago)

user posted image

I don't feel like messing with you anymore...
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 08:18 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 2 hours, 52 minutes ago)
I agree; the flip phone design is still my favorite - zero chance of butt dialing people, and it protects the screen of the phone at the same time.  When you open it, it naturally curves like a phone where the mic and speakers are right where they should be in relation to your face.  I also agree with the ignorant processing power to battery capacity on some phones.  It's surprisingly hard to find a well-balanced phone where the engineers thought about what's adequate for everything, instead of pushing for the best numbers to put on a spec sheet.  And, when they do come out, they aren't that popular (e.g. Moto X 2013).  Yeah, the Nokia 3310 is one of those with a reputation of being able to stop bullets and survive nukes and zombie apocalypses.  I disagree with taking a hammer to smartphones.  You mine as well ebay them.  Then, take the proceeds and go on a cruise or something.  Or buy BotW.

By the same token, you should try spending a night with xiao and experience all the touchy feely.  It's an unforgettable experience.  You will never be the same.  I guarantee it!™ shifty2.gif

Trademark is the property of Men's Warehouse™.  Used without permission.

@ Sensation, what you say is true. i just dont really care to learn or get used to the new technology. i doubt i ever will be comfy with it but im not in any rush to upgrade my cell. if its not broken then dont fix/replace it. you can are free to keep voicing your oppinion, its a valid one and i have no issues with people correcting my ign'ant view on smart phones.

the only comments on smart phones that do bother me are close friends/family urging me to upgrade from dino-phones to smart phones.

@Umustwait101:

i have 2 flip phones that both work, an LG L4N and a LG L4NR. the L4NR is the newer phone as the older one was an expired 1-2 year warranty but i still like the L4N, less fake glass on the top cover to scratch. i already scratched the L4NR with my keys in the same pocket and the line is a pretty good scratch crying2.gif .

the flip phone is great for all the reasons you mentioned and its also more compact/thin than a nokia 3310. sure the hinge part of the phone may be the weakest part but the flip phones are stupidly cheap as compared to dealing with crack smartphone screens. i also get a decent laugh when i see people trying to fit a huge phone in pockets which were never designed to hold such large objects. sure a big screen can be good on some phones but you gotta keep in mind you still need to stow it away in a convenient place. this sums it up perfectly IMO

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AIDA_zM0IM )

thats a pretty good idea to sell them off on EBAY. get $50-100 a pop and make a decent profit w00t2.gif. though i wouldnt be against putting super glue in a few recharging ports on a few phones before sending them off to EBAY troll.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 16 2017, 08:19 PM
APX
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 08:24 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 2 hours, 21 minutes ago)

I feel weird wearing anything on my body besides just boxers or underwear when I sleep.

Taking a nap i'll wear my clothes, but long hours? BOXERS!

I'm also a weird one that hates having the blankets tucked under the mattress, I like wrapping myself up like a burrito.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 08:38 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 20 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
i have 2 flip phones that both work, an LG L4N and a LG L4NR. the L4NR is the newer phone as the older one was an expired 1-2 year warranty but i still like the L4N, less fake glass on the top cover to scratch. i already scratched the L4NR with my keys in the same pocket and the line is a pretty good scratch  crying2.gif .

the flip phone is great for all the reasons you mentioned and its also more compact/thin than a nokia 3310. sure the hinge part of the phone may be the weakest part but the flip phones are stupidly cheap as compared to dealing with crack smartphone screens. i also get a decent laugh when i see people trying to fit a huge phone in pockets which were never designed to hold such large objects. sure a big screen can be good on some phones but you gotta keep in mind you still need to stow it away in a convenient place. this sums it up perfectly IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AIDA_zM0IM

thats a pretty good idea to sell them off on EBAY. get $50-100 a pop and make a decent profit  w00t2.gif. though i wouldnt be against putting super glue in a few recharging ports on a few phones before sending them off to EBAY  troll.gif

My last flip phone (before snagging a Motorola Defy for cheap) was a Motorola W490, which in my opinion was the best RAZR descendant. It was a little thicker than a RAZR, but wasn't as wide, so was easier to hold in my hand. It also looked pretty nice and was slightly more rugged than the KRZR.

You're right about the hinge being the weakest link, as that proved to be what killed my W490. However, I loved that phone so much that I ended up buying the little cable that got worn out, and replaced it myself. I did something similar with my 2013 Moto X when I accidentally dropped the phone on concrete and shattered the screen (shortly after I finished painting a fence).

I also agree about the gigantic phones nowadays. Any phone with a screen larger than 5" just doesn't fit in pants pockets. I tried to upgrade my Moto X but always end up going back to it, because I can't even pull the newer phones out of my pocket (assuming I can stuff them in there in the first place). There seems to be fewer and fewer choices for phones that are easy to use with one hand nowadays. The only potential phone I've been eyeing as an upgrade once my Moto X finally dies again, is the Sony Xperia X Compact.

Smartphones do make life more convenient, though, since it's really the convergence of multiple devices - phone, PDA, GPS, watch, calculator and camera.

I'm still holding out on not having a data plan, which makes me one of those weirdos with a smartphone but no data plan.

QUOTE (APX @ 14 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
I feel weird wearing anything on my body besides just boxers or underwear when I sleep. Taking a nap i'll wear my clothes, but long hours? BOXERS! I'm also a weird one that hates having the blankets tucked under the mattress, I like wrapping myself up like a burrito.

I sleep naked. Except for when I'm spending the night at someone else's home. Then, I cover up for decency's sake. I like just being under the covers, but having the blanket just hang off the sides of the bed (without touching the ground). My brother and I used to wrap ourselves up like burritos and pretend we were slugs. That reminds me of: Sometimes I like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend I'm a slug

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Mar 16 2017, 08:46 PM
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 08:58 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 20 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
My last flip phone (before snagging a Motorola Defy for cheap) was a Motorola W490, which in my opinion was the best RAZR descendant. It was a little thicker than a RAZR, but wasn't as wide, so was easier to hold in my hand. It also looked pretty nice and was slightly more rugged than the KRZR.

You're right about the hinge being the weakest link, as that proved to be what killed my W490. However, I loved that phone so much that I ended up buying the little cable that got worn out, and replaced it myself. I did something similar with my 2013 Moto X when I accidentally dropped the phone on concrete and shattered the screen (shortly after I finished painting a fence).

I also agree about the gigantic phones nowadays. Any phone with a screen larger than 5" just doesn't fit in pants pockets. I tried to upgrade my Moto X but always end up going back to it, because I can't even pull the newer phones out of my pocket (assuming I can stuff them in there in the first place). There seems to be fewer and fewer choices for phones that are easy to use with one hand nowadays. The only potential phone I've been eyeing as an upgrade once my Moto X finally dies again, is the Sony Xperia X Compact.

Smartphones do make life more convenient, though, since it's really the convergence of multiple devices - phone, PDA, GPS, watch, calculator and camera.

I'm still holding out on not having a data plan, which makes me one of those weirdos with a smartphone but no data plan.

i did use an old gen1-2 razr for a few months, didnt much like it. it was too slippery and smooth + it was already well used so the acknowledge/left click button kept sliding off the damn thing.

i saw other fliphones but i liked the LG design more, not too flashy and still simple. sure the camera, sound and the vids suck to high hell but i can live with it. i do wish i could pick a song from my PC and use it as ring tone but the phone isnt advanced enough for that. i still cant understand the method to check my voice mail records on the phone. its either hidden away in a tiny hole or i gotta call a designated number to access them. which method it is still beats me shrug.gif

i do like the rugby 1-2 phones for almost everything in their design, hard to break and very grippy vs other harder plastic design but i hated the side button for the pics. had to use one for the work place phone and i dont know how many pics i took of the interior of my pockets.......

there were a few times i wished i could access the net for directions on my flipphone but its not worth getting a smartphone for that occasional worry of mine. i do also prefer the phone to have the least distraction value for me. if i need to wait for an appointment or prolonged time periods, i just bring a book and never need to worry about battery life. that is presuming i remembered to charge my phone every few days laugh2.gif

all i got is unlimited calls between X -> Y, 200 minutes and unlimited texts. no use for data plan on a flip phone. it costs me around $25 a month for the phone use. i dont even use the phone too much but its a good back up for when my land line phone battery is dead. though there were a few times both cell and land line batteries were dead pinch2.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 09:33 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 35 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
i still cant understand the method to check my voice mail records on the phone. its either hidden away in a tiny hole or i gotta call a designated number to access them. which method it is still beats me shrug.gif

Either hold "1" or call your cell phone number from your cell phone. Those have been two ways I'm able to access my voice mail records.
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 10:10 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 36 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Either hold "1" or call your cell phone number from your cell phone.  Those have been two ways I'm able to access my voice mail records.

thank very much, i'll try that out. i didnt even know how to do that on my phone ever since i got my L4N. i was aware i could also call a phone number but i just didnt know which one i needed to call. i know the phone isnt too advanced so i wasnt sure of the basic way to access the voice mails. my landline answering machine is piece of cake, finding the trick for the flip phone not so easy for me. LOL its such a simple from yet so complicated facepalm.gif

i pressed the 1 button and got a prompt for the voice mail followed by a 1 514 ,,,,, number to call. im guessing the phone number given there is the service which the voice mail is used with.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 16 2017, 10:27 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 04:47 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Sounds like you didn't have voicemail set up on your line, actually. That's probably the support number you have to call to do so.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 06:29 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (207 @ 8 hours, 16 minutes ago)
thank very much, i'll try that out. i didnt even know how to do that on my phone ever since i got my L4N. i was aware i could also call a phone number but i just didnt know which one i needed to call.  i know the phone isnt too advanced so i wasnt sure of the basic way to access the voice mails. my landline answering machine is piece of cake, finding the trick for the flip phone not so easy for me. LOL its such a simple from yet so complicated facepalm.gif

i pressed the 1 button and got a prompt for the voice mail followed by a 1 514 ,,,,, number to call. im guessing the phone number given there is the service which the voice mail is used with.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 39 minutes ago)
Sounds like you didn't have voicemail set up on your line, actually. That's probably the support number you have to call to do so.

I don't know at this point. One thing you could try is to call your cell phone from another phone and see whether you're able to leave a voice mail or not. If you can leave a voice mail, then your voice mail should be set up.
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 07:11 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

thank you N1 ans Umustwait101, i do believe it might be setup but the voicemail box is full. i called my cell from my cell and landline and it gets to the point where i can hit a number to leave a message but prompts me the box is full. i probably need to clear up the box once i figure it out how to find my voicemails.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 05:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

I'd definitely call support then. I'm sure they've gone through this many, many, many times before.
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 08:33 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
I'd definitely call support then. I'm sure they've gone through this many, many, many times before.

thanks, i'll do that tomorrow.

i got a question on some bluetooth headphones i just got from my father. its one of those headphones with lithium ion batteries. i know some unfortunate woman had a pair of headphones explode on her recently.

my question regards more the reviews and performance of the Tzumi blue tooth head phones. i do have a mild concern about the lithium ion batteries but im not overly concerned with that. has anyone a used Tzumi headphones before and what did you think of them? i dont have any blue tooth device but im more likely to use the analog 3.5MM cable to use them in a traditional manner. i do have a samsung tablet but i havent used it in quite a while,

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 18 2017, 05:07 PM
Spirit_R
Posted: Mar 18 2017, 06:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,221

QUOTE (APX @ Mar 12 2017, 02:01 AM)
Well now, Spirit R is back?

Haha! I guess so.

I was actually watching Initial D the other day and got curious whether or not my login would still work.

A lot of fond memories here!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 8:33 PM)
thanks, i'll do that tomorrow.

i got a question on some bluetooth headphones i just got from my father. its one of those headphones with lithium ion batteries. i know some unfortunate woman had a pair of headphones explode on her recently.

my question regards more the reviews and performance of the Tzumi blue tooth head phones. i do have a mild concern about the lithium ion batteries but im not overly concerned with that. has anyone a used Tzumi headphones before and what did you think of them? i dont have any blue tooth device but im more likely to use the analog 3.5MM cable to use them in a traditional manner. i do have a samsung tablet but i havent used it in quite a while,

I don't know anything about that brand so I can't help you there, but I wouldn't worry too much about the battery unless that brand/model has a known issue with battery design. A properly-designed lithium-ion battery with proper packaging and a proper containment area to protect it against shock and puncture will only suffer from losing its ability to hold a charge after several years, not from exploding.

Exploding lithium-ion batteries are exclusive to poorly-designed batteries and/or poorly-designed battery containment, period.
Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:43 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
I don't know anything about that brand so I can't help you there, but I wouldn't worry too much about the battery unless that brand/model has a known issue with battery design. A properly-designed lithium-ion battery with proper packaging and a proper containment area to protect it against shock and puncture will only suffer from losing its ability to hold a charge after several years, not from exploding.

Exploding lithium-ion batteries are exclusive to poorly-designed batteries and/or poorly-designed battery containment, period.

thanks, i know that this particular brand isnt the best so im just trying to see how it fares against others.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 12:40 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I started playing Nier: Automata after buying it last week, after seeing that PlatinumGames was the developer, and after seeing various collaborations between the Nier: Automata team and the Final Fantasy XV team. I'm not even that far into the game, and I fucking love this game's soundtrack. Similar to how I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game prior to FFXV so I wasn't aware what Yoko Shimomura was like, I've never played a Drakengard/Nier game prior to N:A so I didn't know what Keiichi Okabe was like, but I'm absolutely in love with the musical score. The battle themes are intense, and the open world BGM is just beautiful. I can't wait to hear Keiichi's music in the Episode Gladiolus DLC for FFXV.

Figma Iowa is also open for reservation again on Hobby Search, I've noticed. This is bad. It's like a second chance at buying something I don't fucking need.
xiao
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 02:12 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
I started playing Nier: Automata after buying it last week, after seeing that PlatinumGames was the developer, and after seeing various collaborations between the Nier: Automata team and the Final Fantasy XV team. I'm not even that far into the game, and I fucking love this game's soundtrack. Similar to how I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game prior to FFXV so I wasn't aware what Yoko Shimomura was like, I've never played a Drakengard/Nier game prior to N:A so I didn't know what Keiichi Okabe was like, but I'm absolutely in love with the musical score. The battle themes are intense, and the open world BGM is just beautiful. I can't wait to hear Keiichi's music in the Episode Gladiolus DLC for FFXV.

I need to stop perving-out to 2B images & actually buy this game plus a PS4 at some point this year ... seriously I'm still in mere awe of the demo.

--- --- ---

Finally saw The Force Awakens & Rogue One to the end ~ kept postponing it since last year. derp.gif

I didn't like Rogue One just like I didn't like Episode IV, V, and VI (SW fans triggered). The final scene in The Force Awakens however ... oh sexy GOD in Sith Lord heaven, now THAT'S a cliffhanger! user posted image

My fave Star Wars movies are Episode I, II, and III not cause of Jumper-kid Hayden whatshisface (Even tho I loved Jumper). But cause of Obi Wan young ver. played by Ewan McGregor, one of the best characters in all of the thus-far Star Wars movies imo ... Revenge of the Sith being my favorite Star Wars movie to date.

And in that note: I'll leave this here for past - present - future reference. Given I wish I would've known this before watching Rogue One's confustimacatingly confusive chronology. user posted image

・ Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
・ Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
・ Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

・ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

・ Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
・ Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
・ Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

・ Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
・ Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
・ Star Wars: Episode IX -
????

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 20 2017, 02:42 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 04:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Mar 15 2017, 09:17 PM)
From henceforth, IDW is to stand for Intelligent Discussion World

Jokes aside, I think its time for another project build thread yeah.

Maybe I should turbo and manual swap the Accord.

...Nah.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Mar 20 2017, 05:59 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
Maybe I should turbo and manual swap the Accord.

...Nah.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3763 x 2117. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

...Good call.

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 21 2017, 01:25 PM
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 07:07 PM

Osaka-kun

I'll leave this here.

Enjoy, everyone~ shifty2.gif

SPOILER
xiao
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 11:26 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 3 hours, 9 minutes ago)
I point my proverbial finger at xiao for introducing me to this great series - To Love-Ru.  I'm not usually a fan of harem anime due to the exorbitant amount of reality distortion that tends to be in them. But... this series... with these characters...

I feel suber dumb when someone quotes a line from an anime I recommended & I reply with a non-sequitur statement about tasting like a jelly donut the next time we meet ... laugh.gif user posted image

Feel free to post a screenshot of our text Umu-kun! Since xiao acciderpily deleted the last set of SMS's on his cell, including his T-Bomile bill & a reminder from neko-chan to buy her more Friskies at Albertsons derp.gif

--- --- ---

Also ... apparently Princess Amidala's Cause of Death was not that of a Broken Heart or Space Aids™ as is commonly believed by the last of the Jedi Order. user posted image

Read-on at the link that follows ohmy.gif[Padme's Death] ★ It's not really a spoiler cause I mean c'mon Revenge of the Sith came out like a decade ago mang user posted image ~

I always just assumed her Midichlorian count was too high it was off the walls & she had the ability to not only suppress her power-level ... but also effectively end her own life at will.

BUT apparently NO it was Anakin and/or Palpatine that killed her using the ultimate dark art he usurped from preceding Sith Lord Master Darth Plagueis the Wise user posted image (that's a long-ass title)

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg )

I mean woah ~ it all makes sense now ... Vader was breathed new life thru Padme & Anakin's death, but tied to Darth Sidious so as to ensure Vader wouldn't turn on his master like Sheev betrayed Plagueis, once Darth Vader reasoned the truth about Padme's death (the only person he ever truly loved) afterwards in his head. Like ... I know I'm super late to the 2005 prequel party but just woah ~ shock.gif

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 21 2017, 01:25 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 11:26 PM

moon bunny

Also ~ how did I accidentally double-post...? blink.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 20 2017, 11:29 PM
Posted: Mar 21 2017, 07:00 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

well yesterday was awesome. Distorium, Aether Realm and Alestorm were playing a concert and it was great. i got a shirt with a pirate on the front side and with the text "We are here to drink your beer!" on the other side.

they also had a starwars T-shirt, i didnt get it but it was funny as hell, you had darth pirate on the front and this on the back side:

@ umust wait, i see you have found your way to the To love RU OVA whistling.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 21 2017, 07:02 AM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image

447 Pages  « 357 358 359 360 361 »