Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Virginelle - Bye Bye Girl

48 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 155,166  ·  Replies: 1,178 
> The New Theory on FF Drifting.
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 05:34 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 101

Don't get your panties in a bunch homo. A lot of cars in Japan claim to get 276 hp but they really get a lot more if you dyno them. 276 hp but only 100 at the wheels? That A/C must be taking the shit out of the engine with those pulleys...idiot. Why don't you think before you say something to make yourself look like a fool? I don't know why you brought me into this but I guess it's because your sorry FF "drifting" ass couldn't think of anything else to say to the people actually involved in this argument.

Next FF I watch spin out on the twisties because I'm on their ass and they're going to slow's for you homo.

Stop hating because you have a shitty drivetrain.

Alex
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Jayson
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 06:12 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

Drifting= Sliding the car in a controlled manner around multiple turns without gaining traction through the whole session.

*cough* FF's can't do it *cough*
ryosuke
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 08:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Guest_Neo Vash @ Dec 10 2002, 05:23 PM)
Sorry I havent been on in a while. School has been getting in the way. Oh and for you jayson i ordered a tape about it. Once i get it i will put some clips on ok. And as for whoever the dumbass who said that i said you use the e-brake to initiate the drift. Read the whole F**king post. I and quorte me "using the e-brake for the drift isnt really a drift" so take it up your ass.
oh and for whoever said go out and try it. Well i did. And i did get the back to lose traction and get around the corner. And I will not say that FF cant drift. I will always belive they can. And for the person who said thier was no Acura Integras in japan, MABE THE IS BECAUSE THIER IS NO SUCH THING AS ACURA IN JAPAN DUMB ASS. Its just a honda thier. I'am just going to give up fighting with you guys. Thiers no point if your just going to fight back agaisnt me. I can care less if you dont belive it. As long as iam out having the fun with it thats all that really matters.

well peace out.

p.s.- impreza fag AWD arent that great. You might think that the impreza is all that with its 276hp. But the fact is that it only gets a 100 and something to the wheels.

well later, I'am off making a site and i probably wont be on that much to debate it anymore(thus why iam giving up on this fight). On a real drifter iam not trying to make fun of anyone, Iam just trying to put out what i believe.

Sorry if I read your post wrong... but let me "quorte"(lmfao), " And I will not say that FF can't drift". After all these facts and supporting evidence that people have shown you, even with some scientific and mechanical ones... you still believe that a FF can? Now usually I'd say you were ignorant, seeing that ignorance is the absence of knowledge... but you have the knowledge here.... so that makes you STUPID. Just plain and simple, F**king STUPID. You tried it? In what? Your daddy's car?
You know why there is no Acura in Japan? It's because Acura here in the States is supposed to be the luxury line of Honda's, just like Infiniti is for Nissan and Lexus is for toyota.
So yes... you go back out and have fun ass dragging. You know what? Why don't you come out to one of southern Cali's drift events, ask daddy if you can borrow his car. You know... the one you lowered with lowering springs and shocks, which BTW IS THE TOTALLY F**kING WRONG SETUP FOR DRIFT. Just because you powerslid around one corner doesn't make it a drift. Get your facts straight son and keep the rice out of the drift scene.

Jayson
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:20 PM

... but let me "quorte"(lmfao), "
laugh.gif

I'm not the only one who caught that

Get your facts straight son and keep the rice out of the drift scene.

w3rd!

on a side note, lowering your car can actualy improve cornering abilities, not sure about drifting though unsure.gif

ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:43 PM

IDW Prime Member

Lowering the car lowers the center of gravity overall for the vehicle, but it won't do anything good for you unless you get some stiffer springs on there also to prevent body roll and to keep the tires from rubbing your wheel wells. That can help prevent understeer for a lot of cars. Some cars just appear lowered because replacing the springs and struts lower them, but overall it's just the stiffness that matters.

Unless you're rolling deep mad bling style in your Accord with cut springs and neon underbody lights that are hard to see cuz your body's so low to the ground anyways.

And the Impreza WRX does not get 100hp to the wheels, whoever told you that must've been playing a joke on you. Unless they were talking about the 2.5RS to which they're still wrong. But besides, horsepower is just an arbitrary number...we all watch Initial D here, we should know that it doesn't matter as opposed to skill cool.gif . Horsepower sells cars, torque moves them.

Alex
Jayson
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:47 PM

Horsepower sells cars, torque moves them.

how tru that is
vtecstyl3z
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:53 PM

United States Marine Corps

Member No.: 4

damn this topic is hot. HOT HOT HOT HOT. ouch i burned my hand. hahaha.. hey admin keep this baby up.! dont close the topic

ryosuke
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 09:56 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 76

Coil overs and springs designed for track racing are more ideal than your basic eibach springs and shocks combo for drifting.
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 10:02 PM

IDW Prime Member

Yeah, actually while on the topic of suspension setup. Does anyone in here have a set of JIC FLT-A2's for their ride? I'm contemplating picking a set up for my car, but wanted to know how the ride was.

Alex
SupahNewbie
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 01:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 100

Newbie question sorta on topic for the cannot drift thing but sorta not:

How come that Nissan Skyline GT-R32 can't drift? Can any Skylines Drift? What makes the GT-R so special? I'm clueless as my name pretty much makes out.

Oh yeah and ummm.... stop fighting and answer my question rolleyes.gif
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 03:36 AM

IDW Prime Member

Skylines can drift, just Nakazato chose a grip racing style as opposed to drifting. It's because he couldn't defeat the white skyline when he was in his S13 (or was it S14?). No matter how hard he drifted his car, the Skyline beat him by grip driving so he adopted that style.

Alex
Jayson
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 07:44 AM

I believe it was an S13 he drove before the R32. And isn't it funny how this guy never wins a single battle, even though he supposed to be one of the best around? I mean, come on, he lost in his own flash back!
breeze
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 08:08 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (Jayson @ Dec 11 2002, 07:44 AM)
I believe it was an S13 he drove before the R32. And isn't it funny how this guy never wins a single battle, even though he supposed to be one of the best around? I mean, come on, he lost in his own flash back!

yeah, I noticed that too... The guy just can't catch a break
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 11:16 AM

IDW Prime Member

Maybe there's a little bit of symbolism that comes into play with Nakazazto. This whole anime is pretty much focusing on a driver's skill, and the fact that THAT is what makes a driver fast, not his car. Well Nakazato kinda goes against this mythos by ditching his old car and focusing on a car that has great potential and can be pushed to higher limits, and in result it's making him lose races.

Alex
karasac
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 11:58 AM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

a skyline GTS-T can drift, the GTS-T is just RWD, the GT-R on the other hand cant drift due to its weight and that its kinda 4wd,what do i mean by "kinda 4wd"? well the GT-R has something called ATTESA ET-S(dont ask me what it means cuz i dont know), what it does is it can transfer up to 50% of the torque from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip(hey that rhymes happy.gif )under normal driving conditions it remians RWD, so if u tried to lose traction in the rear the ATTESA ET-S would automatically transfer the power to the front wheels(hence "kinda 4WD"), making it impossible to do a predictable drift.

so the GT-R was made for gripping, thats y Nakazato uses it for grip.

talk about going off topic wink2.gif

Jayson
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 09:17 PM

talk about going off topic wink2.gif

You brought this upon yourself, but insightful none the less
Alex
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 09:27 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

lol.

btw, karasac, i have seen video clips of GT-R's drifting, not *ass dragging*. if i still had the link id be more than glad to share it with you, but unfortunately i don't. unsure.gif
karasac
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 11:17 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (eightsixdrifter9 @ Dec 11 2002, 09:27 PM)
btw, karasac, i have seen video clips of GT-R's drifting, not *ass dragging*.

if its drifting its a GTS-T,all skylines rnt GT-R, and the GTS-T can drift cuz its a RWD, never said anything about it "ass dragging", thats only for FFs

Jayson
Posted: Dec 11 2002, 11:31 PM

GTS-T this, GT-R that, I say fawk them all and just find the damn G spot!

Thats what she said at least.... blink.gif
Tofu Drift AE86
Posted: Dec 12 2002, 08:59 PM

Unregistered

heh i dont got much time and i would go all out and just put FF to shame but dood Neo Vash, theres something in our world called physics and its a shame you havent figured it out yet. i bet your an unexperienced driver/racer or whatever. it's rediculous to argue about a topic such as this.

take care
Jayson
Posted: Dec 12 2002, 09:04 PM

God Damn Neo, another person saying your wrong! Whatcha got now big guy?
vtecstyl3z
Posted: Dec 12 2002, 09:44 PM

United States Marine Corps

Member No.: 4

lol.. me and perry was chattin the other day. and my homie perry was like. damn neo got pwned bad 8 to 1....!! where is neo at lol??
Akain
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 12:21 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 106

Ok, lets stop with this thought process that drifting makes you go faster around the track. I've seen two, REAL, races where an 86 takes out an R32, but don't be shocked when I tell you that there was NO drifting involved.

You drift for fun, and it shows superior driving skill, leave it at that.

I own a civic and a 91' 180sx (yes its not a 240sx, the engine makes it a 180sx...muahahaha). I like em both, but I'd kill to own an AWD car of my choice, meaning a LanEvo, or GTR. I'm not too fond of Subarus but that's my preference, I still respect them because they are AWD, turbo monsters.

This is my final piece in this debate that never should have happened. You don't need an FF to drift, so why try making the impossible possible. You wanna drift, get a RWD or AWD.

Hey Karasac, we won mang, but it's like I said: we'll never change his mind, he'll believe whatever he wants because of pride over reason.

The good thing is we can help keep others who don't know on the right path.

and Nakazato is cool, he just can't drive compared to the other main racers in intial d. I can't believe me, Karasac, and some of my other buddies drove around with "Night Kids" stickers on our cars a few years back. LOL! They never won....anything.....Nakazato is like 0-4 in the anime: uphill, downhill, homecourse, akina, no wins. Cheap!
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 12:54 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Akain @ Dec 13 2002, 12:21 AM)
Ok, lets stop with this thought process that drifting makes you go faster around the track. I've seen two, REAL, races where an 86 takes out an R32, but don't be shocked when I tell you that there was NO drifting involved.

If you go onto Kazaa or some other P2P program you can do a search for "initial D hachi roku special" and you'll get a vid of two AE86's beating an R34 Skyline. One of them is driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya, and the other by his co-host on a lot of the Video Option tapes. The Skyline takes off at first but takes some shitty lines and eventually gets absolutely wasted by the two AE86s. They're not highly tuned engines either, the drift king's was tuned to 150 hp and the other to 200 I believe. But yeah, they didn't drift at all.

Alex
Jayson
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 09:49 AM

I know drifting isn't the fastest way around a race track, but it just looks pretty and takes a lot of car control to drift, thats why I like it. I've been atuo crossing for two years, and I have never seen some drift (well, maybe around the hair pin turn once or twice) so it's not practical to use in a race on every turn, though it has it's place and time I'm sure.

48 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »